Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Fistfulofdollars
11 Apr 18 15:34
| Topic/replies: 253 | Blogger: Fistfulofdollars's blog
Been through the field and it's uninspiring. Not a great renewal. Normally I like some course form but for those who have ran before there aren't many with place form (on the fringe and Balnaslow are 2 exceptions). Given the prevailing soft ground I sense some value elsewhere and I like Distime, whom I've taken at 25s. He is not the quickest but has been placed before over CD, including 3rd on soft to Bennys Mist. the ground might slow the others down and he's taken to get the gold medal this time.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Foxhunter Aintree - Distime
Show More
Report unclepuncle April 12, 2018 8:12 AM BST
I’m with you on this one Fistful, though I only started looking at today’s card late yesterday evening and only got 16/1.Sad
Report Swardean April 12, 2018 8:46 AM BST
Grand Vision is tailor made for these fences, I think he will get in a rhythm and will be tough to beat.  A more speculative choice is Rouge Et Blanc, seems to have had a new lease of life this year and at 80/1 I am hoping I get a bit of a run.
Report JohnyGee April 12, 2018 8:55 AM BST
I completely agree with all of this Swardean and am on both too.
Report Fistfulofdollars April 12, 2018 10:30 AM BST
Good luck Unclep!
Report nocturnal April 12, 2018 1:36 PM BST
Another Distime supporter here.

As mentioned by Fistful,that sefton form looks decent in the context of todays race.The unseat last year looked pretty soft,surrounded by plenty others and it was the chair,normally a safe jumper with experience around here.Decent jockey aboard,no doubt a few will go off mad,even over 2m 5f pace will be key,we could see something come from well off the pace if they go a stride too fast.

Also had a nibble on Eddies Miracle,couple of Falls in his form would normally be the kiss of death,however they both were late on when in contention.His jumping at down royal was neat and nimble,not the biggest, he normally likes to be up there,again decent pilot who knows the horse.

Always interesting which lines these amateurs take,never too concerned about ratings around here,all about trying to get into a rhythmn,giving your horse a decent look at the fences on approach,should give us a clue for the big one.

GL ALL
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now