Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gpz6316
02 Apr 18 22:25
| Topic/replies: 769 | Blogger: gpz6316's blog
not sure  if this race can be unravelled , but , im happy to have a go
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View the grand national 2018
Show More
Report gpz6316 April 2, 2018 10:30 PM BST
err after you sir .
Report impossible123 April 3, 2018 12:07 AM BST
This has been a horrible race for me. I've not had the winner for the last 7 years but repeatedly backing the 2nd - 6 from 7. Hopefully, Tiger Roll or Total Recall could reverse the trend this time.
Report nocturnal April 3, 2018 12:42 AM BST
All about the weather this far out.

Plenty rain in the forecast this week,and early next week.Any updates from someone nearby would be appreciated,just a quick look back on todays Irish version is a clue, if Aintree does come up on the heavy side,most will not get 4m 2f in a horsebox.

Should we get heavy ground,the 2016 welsh national might be a starting point.No doubt theres a few more to come out,with some further down hoping to get in nicely on bottom weight.

Couple firms going NRNB,those prices make no appeal at this stage,no doubt it will be a 150% book on the day,the markets on here thankfully are way stronger.

Early days,plenty of the other races at this meeting are arguably just as interesting from a punting point of view.
Report Facts April 3, 2018 9:50 AM BST
Ante post 25/1 Tiger Roll.
Report Can't Catch Me April 3, 2018 11:52 AM BST
It's very wet around here noc. But the long range weather forecast is very good. A lot of days in the early teens and plenty of sun about. Hard to be confident this early out of course, but don't see it coming up too soft at this stage.
Report nocturnal April 3, 2018 12:47 PM BST
Many thanks CCM.....Strange weather this year,can,t remember too many easter periods with racing abandoned.

As you say the temperature set to rise,easy side of good ground might be wishful on my behalf,not sure any of us want to see horses out on their feet over long distances,there have been many changes to the course,but it still remains a unique test in the calendar......long may that continue.
Anything you like early doors ?

Tiger Roll.....In my top 3 horses over the jumps,Fab and myself cottoned onto him before the 4 miler last season,he clouted plenty but class prevailed.Another tremendous performance over the x-country course,where he beat the french horse I backed Sad......no mind,still roared him home.

Not the biggest,that was another step forward in march,like a decent red his jumping looks to be getting better with age,real battler,love to see him there at the elbow,take a good one to go by.That was a hard race in the ground at cheltenham,thats my only concern for many taking in both festivals,time will tell how much that took out of them.

Interested in the osullivan horse if it is soft,nice racing weight,and her performance in that 2016 welsh national just screamed stamina,only 5 turning 6 that day,looking through her history she has interesting set of run styles.This is one race where I like a horse prominent,last years winner came from well off the pace,avoiding all the carnage,great performance but rare in my opinion.

Always tremendous meeting,hoping for the same this year.
Report gpz6316 April 10, 2018 11:52 PM BST
i like seeyouatmidnight at present he fits the profile and has been supported suggesting hes well
Report Facts April 13, 2018 11:12 PM BST
Like this one too. Oddschecker have it joint fav at 12/1 on many bookmaker sites !
Report Facts April 14, 2018 5:52 PM BST
Cool Good job I haven't got a weak heart !!
Report nocturnal April 14, 2018 5:56 PM BST
Well Done Facts Happy
Report PeteTheBloke April 14, 2018 7:46 PM BST
Well done.

Why was the place price so soft on here? I couldn't work it out.
Report Facts April 14, 2018 8:41 PM BST
Thanks noc.

As we discussed after the Folsom Blue debacle, this game is about the ups and downs, evening themselves out.
The long run is the play. Happy
Report nocturnal April 15, 2018 11:45 AM BST
Yes.......stuck to your guns,win only I guess ?

No financial interest on the Tiger.Very occasionally you come across one that pulls at those strings,well he was there at the elbow,and he just got home.

How much improvement he has left is debateable,incredibly versatile,the trainer has been very shrewd in his prep races,where does he go now ?

I got my wish,he came back safely.

Well done to those that kept the faith Happy
Report gpz6316 April 15, 2018 7:12 PM BST
well done to all those that backed the tiger . congratulations
Report Facts April 15, 2018 8:10 PM BST
Thank you .

Yes, noc. Win only. As you probably know, I don't back ew.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now