Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gpz6316
26 Mar 18 21:55
| Topic/replies: 675 | Blogger: gpz6316's blog
i was just looking at rp trophy again and it occurred to me what a great looking derby prospect roaring lion is . close coupled well balanced , low to the ground with a tendency to run left , tenacious , plus top class  2yo form . the neg is hes a funny bred derby contender  , but , i trust my eye . hes trained by the best in  uk  and he,ll be ridden by oisin or frankie . 16.0 looks big , a long way to go i know , but , like him for this
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View epsom derby 2018
Show More
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 11:13 AM BST
Gosden IS shrewd, he knows that it's very possible to turn around a 2 and a half length winning margin on another day over a further 4 furlongs and that winning the PDJC means Jack Schitt compared to THE Derby.
Report Sandown May 19, 2018 1:40 PM BST
Second guessing the intentions of owners & trainers is harder to win at than forecasting likely winners of races.We will always be odds against in that matter.

Personally, I would always have  the Arc way more prestigious than the St Leger from  a racing & breeding standpoint (plus better prize money) but it would appear that the SL may be  Saxon Warrior's target after Epsom, if quotes are to be taken at face value. Of course, that doesn't rule out a trip to Longchamp but given the choice, would that be O'Briens preferred prep run, I wonder? Maybe the  Triple Crown means more to Magnier et al than another Arc? Maybe they think the horse is good enough to go one better than Nijinsky? Who really knows?
Report Sandown May 19, 2018 1:47 PM BST
As for Roaring Lion, if Gosden really does believe that its optimum trip is 10f, and if he is being honest in his positive opinion of SW, then he is balancing a higher chance of winning in France against a lesser chance of winning at Epsom.Leaving aside other considerations, the decision should be the French Derby imo, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 2:04 PM BST
The Dante was run over 1m2f 88y, and there was no sign of RL stopping there. Will Gosden pass up the chance of winning another Derby with a horse who won his trial so impressively for fear of an extra 1 and a half furlongs? Possibly, but I know I wouldn't.
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 2:10 PM BST
As to whether Roaring Lion did actually improve in the Dante it's difficult to say. The time wasn't great due to the slow early pace, so no fault of the winner but we didn't get to see what he's really capable of in a truly run race. On previous form he was entitled to win as far as that as long as his main opponents didn't improve. Looking at the results it's safe to say they didn't so maybe he achieved no more than before. On the other hand you couldn't fail to be impressed with the manner he performed throughout and Gosden was very confident he'd come on since the Guineas.
Report Sandown May 19, 2018 4:11 PM BST
I think that I heard Gosden say that RL is better than Benny The Dip but not as good as Golden Horn.If so, and if he is right, then that might make Gosden more cautious about Epsom. Of course, the owner might decide whatever Gosden says.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 4:26 PM BST
Will Saxon have to improve another 9lbs to win the Derby Figgis like he had to to win the guineas pmsl. Good luck with your roaring lion project.
Report Sankara May 19, 2018 4:28 PM BST
Some jealous posters on here.
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 4:34 PM BST
Never said I'm backing RL, just said I'd be surprised if they choose not to run him. Been trying to learn from an expert like yourself but not seen many posts where you actually give an opinion, apart from a love of all things Coolmore. Oh, and a partiality to tip the odds on in a 2 runner event then completely disappear from the thread when it goes tits up Wink
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 4:34 PM BST
You keep following like the sheep you are.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 4:35 PM BST
Never seen you back a winner. Expert Eye ffs you couldn't maker it up
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 4:36 PM BST
Spo saxon had to improve 9lbs to win the guineas and won with probably 6 in hand. You are only a stone and a bit out. Plonker
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 4:37 PM BST
You know nothing
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 4:39 PM BST
you might have backed the irish rover if you had followed somebody with half a clue. I put them up for you.
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 4:40 PM BST
I think Taylor will control Cross and at the price looks great value. Must admit I thought Cross was unbelievable in the semis. Taylor to win 7-4

Can't win em all Wink
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 4:50 PM BST
oh dear. Is that the best you can do. You have got it wrong so bad time after time. You know nothing and I'm being kind. How about Qualify, over 100/1 on here Wings of Eagles over 100/ on here, Camelot, Saxon Warrior , Mendlessohn over 100/1 on here. You are a novice who puts the sheep on here away with your horrendous judgement. Lets face it you know nothing.
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 4:56 PM BST
Well done. All those successes, but that just makes it all the more baffling you bother with anything I say, as I can assure you I've never been interested in anything you've said Wink
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 4:57 PM BST
thats why you are skint.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 4:58 PM BST
I don't bother. Very surprised some of the other mugs on here do.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 4:58 PM BST
just admit you are clueless
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 5:42 PM BST
You are a handicapping genius.
Report impossible123 May 19, 2018 6:05 PM BST
I think there will be a motorcade of AOB's runners riding shotgun for Saxon Warrior making sure he's not tempered with in the journey to Derby victory.
Report The Headmaster May 19, 2018 6:17 PM BST
Hi Try My Best,
This is a nice Derby thread for nice Derby enthusiasts.  I'm sure you are one so let's see a bit more of that.
Thanks,
HM
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 6:20 PM BST
Just waiting for the master to put his tip up ffs. He will cover all the field without putting up a tip. Speak in generalities so he can come on here and say well i did say that. We are waiting with bated breath for your Derby selection Figgis. Then everyone on here can disregard it and save themselves some money.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 6:24 PM BST
OK the headmaster. Fair comment. Just don't like bull****s and Figgis is one of them. Will not post again. Good luck forumites.
Report FELTFAIR May 19, 2018 6:43 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 7:00 PM BST
Just don't like bull****s

Qualify, over 100/1 on here Wings of Eagles over 100/ on here, Camelot, Saxon Warrior , Mendlessohn over 100/1 on here

Me neither Grin
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:14 PM BST
128 player betfair tipster competition figg arse. who won. Oh i did. does that make me the best tipster on here. No it doesn't but more than u have ever done. You are a grade 1 ****. Backed them all and got money in the bank. Oh I forgot churchill and dozens more.  What is your derby tip dickhead?
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:16 PM BST
Bull****
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 7:26 PM BST
Will not post again

Full of it Happy
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:26 PM BST
Don't worry the tiddlywinks forum is just about to be launched Figgis. Have a go at that. Good luck you will facking need it
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:26 PM BST
Bull****
Report impossible123 May 19, 2018 7:34 PM BST
Just put 'Figgis' on ignore - I have - a long, long time ago. No loss, may I add.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:36 PM BST
won't put your neck on the block will you.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:36 PM BST
He's a tit impossible.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:38 PM BST
Only a stone and a half out over the guineas mile. Fraud
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:39 PM BST
Good luck to anyone who takes what he has to say with any credence
Report impossible123 May 19, 2018 7:41 PM BST
Yep, an inconsequential. talk a lot, but say next to nothing. I've come across people of similar ilk fairly frequent sadly. Ignore is the best policy, timewaster.
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 7:44 PM BST
Maybe I should just follow your blueprint, which appears to be back every single Ballydoyle runner as soon as the market has a price for it to the exclusion of everything else. Then conveniently ignore all the losers and crow about the big prices I got for the winners months ago, after the event of course Wink
Report Sankara May 19, 2018 7:46 PM BST
Everyone loves an aftertimer.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:51 PM BST
oh here comes the guy with 353 replies since 2010. Fa`ck off dickhead
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:53 PM BST
everyone knows you're a tit figg arse. no credibility no winners no skill no judgement. FRAUD
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:55 PM BST
what is your derby tip. Please give us your wise judgement. all the trials over apart from goodwood.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:56 PM BST
you don't want to say do u?
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:58 PM BST
We are all waiting on your selection. Nirvana for all your sheep friends.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 7:59 PM BST
As i thought. Grade one ****
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 7:59 PM BST
Sankara

Everyone loves an aftertimer.

Yes, especially the ones who bang on and on for a tip without ever appearing to have voiced their own first Wink
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:00 PM BST
Don't question my credentials you box ticking monkey.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:01 PM BST
Its perfectly clear who i have backed. Expert Eye i suppose lol
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:02 PM BST
cmon please do tell
Report impossible123 May 19, 2018 8:03 PM BST
The winner of the Derby is SAXON WARRIOR by a furlong!
Report Sandown May 19, 2018 8:03 PM BST
Doesn't look like this forum has improved much since last year. Got worse, if anything. Shame. Think I'll give it a miss again for a while.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:04 PM BST
cmon stick your nevck on the block for a change. I have on many occasions, Not always  got it right but more than u
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:04 PM BST
Figgis put your selection up
Report impossible123 May 19, 2018 8:04 PM BST
Ya, come back after 2nd June. It will be peaceful then (I hope).
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:06 PM BST
No i didn't think so. FRAUD. If you ever want a tipster competition for 5k just say. I will enjoy every second
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:07 PM BST
bullshatter
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 8:08 PM BST
Its perfectly clear who i have backed

Yes, every Coolmore runner with a pair of balls. Maybe even some without Wink
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:08 PM BST
goodbye and goodnight forumites
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:09 PM BST
whats your tip
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:09 PM BST
just say it
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:10 PM BST
cmon you can do it
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:11 PM BST
no u won't say will u
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:13 PM BST
Thanks for coming back figg arse. a forum where u will not put up a selection. I know what you are
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:16 PM BST
Hope u got on the irish rover today and for ascot figg arse. bolted up today plenty of 4 s available today. would have got u out of the **** u must be in.
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 8:19 PM BST
Not had a bet in the race yet, may not even have one which would be unusual for me with this race. However, if I do you can be sure I'll mention it before the race at the given price. Rather than wait till a horse is favourite then join in a thread late in the day and bleat that I backed it a price that evaporated months ago.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:23 PM BST
very weak and lazy figg arse. You have a lot of opinion and won't give a selection. typical. fack off you are a nobody
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 8:26 PM BST
All those successes at huge odds, yet still seemingly so angry about a poster on a forum who knows nothing and is a nobody. Makes absolute sense.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:36 PM BST
what is your fancy
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:36 PM BST
reasonable question?
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:38 PM BST
u cant say even what u fancy
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:39 PM BST
Go and do one. I have a darn more respect for people who have an opinion on here. Might not get it right but have a go. You are a pr!!ck
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 8:40 PM BST
If I fancied anything at the odds I would've had a bet, obviously.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 8:41 PM BST
Goodbye you loser
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 8:43 PM BST
We are talking about the race now at the current odds. Saxon Warrior is a 4/5 chance. Do you think he is a bet at 4/5? If so what price do you think he should be?
Report A_T May 19, 2018 8:55 PM BST
Try My Best STFU you appear to have nothing interesting to say - just like i123.
Report The Headmaster May 19, 2018 8:57 PM BST
The next scratching stage is Tuesday.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 9:02 PM BST
what is your selection . just give me it. what do u think will win. It couldn't be simpler
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 9:03 PM BST
just say for once in your life
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 9:05 PM BST
If u get it wrong no probs with me. Just say what u think ffs
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 9:06 PM BST
You have a load of opinion which turns out to be nonsense all the time. So just say it
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 9:07 PM BST
Just want your selection
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 9:12 PM BST
u just won't say will u. A forum where you spout your nonsense and won't put up a selection.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 9:20 PM BST
won't ask u again. it's obvious you can't give an answer. just don't come on here saying you've made money on the heat. credibility shot to pieces
Report The Headmaster May 19, 2018 9:24 PM BST
Connections of Study Of Man are leaning toward Chantilly but will leave the French colt in at the next stage
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 9:37 PM BST
just don't come on here saying you've made money on the heat

Never have and never would. That's your modus operandi. Just like last year's thread when I put up Cliffs of Moher (along with other posters) before Chester and in the event him getting beat cost me around 10k. It was quite a long thread with various posters discussing the race. I remember Brigust making his case for Cracksman. Then with no previous input to the thread up you pop after the race crowing how you'd backed the winner Grin
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 9:48 PM BST
i have proved myself figg arse. not the best tipster on here but have a record. You have nothing, zilch, zero to your name. Im only asking for a selection. Last chance. Will you give me one. yes or no. if not just say and i won't ask u again and everyone can make their own judgement.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 9:54 PM BST
No i didn't think so. adios loser
Report lewisham ranger May 19, 2018 10:51 PM BST
deary me this has gone downhill! Scared

although Try my best is obviously a ballydoyle fan, I reckon that is the way to go anyway, just back ballydoyle with a little bit of reasoning behind it. seems to be the only stable apart from maybe gosdens, who produces the goods time and again. look at this lockinge today, some of us got sucked into backing haggas and balding, but they rarely win the big races. O'brien wins them all the time.

his main hope got sent off about the same price as the other two. Ok you could point to price, and ballydoyle horses priced up correctly blah blah blah, still think it's a better approach than most.

don't agree with the insulting comments though and I think this place should be better policed, if you send insults at another poster you should be kicked off for good imo.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 11:01 PM BST
pmsl
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 11:03 PM BST
lets face it figg arse. You think SW will win deep down. But coz you got the horse so wrong you cant say it. Give you a get out of jail card. u can still select it and i won't say a word.
Report charwell. May 19, 2018 11:08 PM BST
FFS stop ruining the thread children and grow up.
Report Figgis May 19, 2018 11:18 PM BST
So not adios then? Thought not somehow. I've said all along that I thought SW was more of a Derby horse than a Guineas horse so the fact that he won the Guineas, albeit a very weak one in my view, gives him a very good chance in the Derby, which again, for the hard of reading, I've already said he has. However the point of betting, to anyone but an utter moron, is taking a price that you think is value compared to the chance you think it has, not about which horse is the most likely winner. I have no interest in backing a non certain runner at 4/5 as I don't believe it offers value in this case. I'll leave you to admire your 100/1 SW voucher. Let's hope you don't end up having to chuck it with the other 50 Ballydoyle runners you backed Wink
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 11:36 PM BST
Well done at last. you think he will probably win but no value. That is a perfectly reasonable stance to take. Why it took u so long to say it god only knows. So to confirm that is your selection pmsl? just so we know where u are on the day.
Report Try My Best May 19, 2018 11:42 PM BST
so u had a horse who needed to find a stone to win the guineas to thinking he will win the derby. Well done. Great analysis. Donkey. You are so informative.
Report impossible123 May 20, 2018 3:10 AM BST
'Try My Best', at last a 1/2 answer from 'Figgis'; it only took 9 hrs! Let's hope he's more decisive in making decisions in life.

Saxon Warrior at 4/1 prior to his 2000G run. Hope that helps.
Report PeteTheBloke May 20, 2018 9:34 AM BST
Can't you two just block each other so that we can use this thread to talk about the Derby?
Report The Headmaster May 20, 2018 10:22 AM BST
Wise words Pete.  Or eff off to "Horse Racing" where this sort of nonsense is de rigeur.
Report Figgis May 20, 2018 1:32 PM BST
"I think his strength in the end will be a mile and a quarter at least. He's beautifully bred to do that"

Gosden's comment after the poor Craven run. He wasn't too keen on going for the Guineas and mentioned the Dante and the PDJC but with the very easy Dante win it would be disappointing if he doesn't go for the big one with a horse whose strength will be 10f "at least".
Report lewisham ranger May 20, 2018 1:43 PM BST
maybe I'm bonkers but for me roaring lion's dante win was the most visually impressive one of the season...

you can only go with what you see... Surprised
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now