Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Millerracing67
01 Mar 18 16:57
| Topic/replies: 3,039 | Blogger: Millerracing67's blog
Thinking of going to this (first time trip)
If anyone has been before, some travel, stay, track info would be great, Cheers.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Arc weekend 2018.
Show More
Report FELTFAIR March 1, 2018 7:15 PM GMT
Saturday Eurostar first class including lunch, to Gare du Nord,hotel right opposite,Sunday morning taxi to Longchamp,find bookmaker giving out Racing Post,back a few winners,walk through Bois de Boulogne to Metro station,stop at restaurant near hotel,Monday back home.
Report Millerracing67 March 2, 2018 2:55 PM GMT
Cheers Feltfair
Report Millerracing67 March 2, 2018 2:59 PM GMT
But travlling from Scotland, I'll be flying over.
Report harry callaghan March 2, 2018 3:51 PM GMT
the only thing i would advise millers is it gets very busy and is a long day so if i went again i would throw a few quid at hospitality for the day, just to be able to relax in the warm, if not wrap up warm...enjoy its a cracking break if you go the whole weekend in paris
Report Millerracing67 March 4, 2018 3:14 PM GMT
Cheers H C. I will be staying over for a few days, take in a bit of sightseeing.
Plan to fly over on the Sunday morn, back on Tues.
my research shows the track is about 30mins train ride from Paris.
Hopefully when it comes around (7th Oct) Enable, Cracksman & some top 3yos are all lining up :-)
Report layingisthewayforward May 29, 2018 9:33 PM BST
I'm booking at the moment, last went 15ish years ago.

Since the redevelopment can anyone give any advice on what tickets to the racecourse to buy?   I'm looking at the France Gallop website and there are approx. 6 different tickets available?  I'm not after hospitality, just looking to be as close to the action as possible.
Report Andrew in Sweden June 5, 2018 9:57 PM BST
Millerracing67,

my research shows the track is about 30mins train ride from Paris

This may be for Chantilly, where The Arc has been held for the past 2 years. The train runs from Gare Du Nord.

It's back at Longchamp this year, take a metro to Porte d'Auteil. The free buses to the course are outside, look for 'Navette Gratuite' - you can't miss them. Journey time is 10-12 minutes. You can also walk across the Bois de Boulogne from the metro stop, takes about the same time. Just follow the crowds. Beware of the 'find the lady card sharps Wink
Report jedi sophie June 6, 2018 10:02 PM BST
Andrew
What you describe is what myself and brothers do,have done for 25 years, a stroll through the park on the morning of the Arc is tremendous. Great way to spend the morning en route to the greatest race of the year.
Unless the Parisian weather intervenes which it also has on many occasions.
You mention the card sharps. The doggers and ladies of the night to be avoided also.
Report twonky July 25, 2018 7:48 AM BST
Thanks for the advice, looking at going myself as its my 50th on the day of the race.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now