Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
knot in wood
08 Jan 18 21:21
| Topic/replies: 7,320 | Blogger: knot in wood's blog
GOODTOKNOW 14-1 hills(4 places)

with last years welsh national runner up winning the next renewal perhaps lightening can strike twice with goodtoknow, a cracking effort behind the aintree hero one for arthur only getting a pound in last seasons classic chase.

goodtoknow hit a purple patch this time last year then winning a competative staying chase at hereford of 137(138 on saturday)

the selections recent form figures don't look that inspiring but i feel the races did not suit his run style.

good luck with you picks(fancy there will be less than 16 runners)
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View CLASSIC CHASE WARWICK
Show More
Report unclepuncle January 9, 2018 10:36 AM GMT
Don't really like betting on these long distance slogs and basically just have a bet for the sake of it.

Followed the forum crowd with Mysteree in the Welsh National and will now follow you with this one, but I won't hold it against you if it loses.Laugh
Report nocturnal January 9, 2018 5:33 PM GMT
Fair play KIW....your lad appears to get on with a certain pilot.

Virtually Impossible at this stage,take out the top two,everthing goes up a stone,completely different look from a handicapping perspective,overnight decs required.
Add In jockey bookings,headgear,etc......interesting they are giving it as soft at mo,we will see.

Not your normal MO Uncle.....have you down as a weights and measures man Wink
Report knot in wood January 9, 2018 7:49 PM GMT
constructive abuse welcome uncle Cool

how do some of these firms get away with just 3 places when there are 20 entries, no wonder ante post betting is practically finished.
Report IrisDeBalme January 9, 2018 7:55 PM GMT
I took a big risk on EMPORERS CHOICE 20/1 ... He fell at the first in the Welsh equivalent ... he will be a lot shorter if he turns up.

Hope he runs.  Also interesting MYSTEREE is declared ... and a jockey booked ... Will hold back with him until decs..

But just wondering why they would run the horse again ... maybe connections thought he didn't have a hard race ... either way worth giving horse another go... think put a line through his last run...
Report knot in wood January 9, 2018 8:13 PM GMT
i thought mysteree and emperor's choice would not run saturday considering they keep saying the former runs best fresh and the latter as been to the track twice in the last couple of weeks.

the lottery of ante post betting, we must be mad even bothering until the final decs are out.
Report IrisDeBalme January 9, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
Yeah agree... I took EMPORERS CHOICE based on the fact he fell at the first
.. and 20/1 ... small stakes though ... I'll take the chance on value...

But will DEFINATELY wait on MYSTEREE on Dec stage...
Report ReaseHeath January 9, 2018 9:57 PM GMT
Kansas City Chief looks interesting. Two runs over an inadequate trip over hurdles for new connections (Neil Mulholland and Tony Bloom) and rated 14lbs higher over fences anyway.

Does n't look obviously well handicapped but we've been here before and if he's still in the mix at the weekend the racing media will be reminding us of the Cesarewitch coup ad nauseum.

A lot more scope for things to go wrong in a staying chase than a flat race though. Let's see...
Report nocturnal January 9, 2018 10:49 PM GMT
Mysteree......An aptly named horse.

Racing Post comments on his 6/18 wins,most recent first

25th feb.....held up in touch

19 nov......chased leaders,raced in 2nd

3rd feb.....pressed leader

5th dec......tracked leader,led 2nd

7th march.....chased leaders

25th sept 2013.....took keen hold,prominent

And from the welsh national on saturday

held up,pushed along 6th,soon pushed along in rear,behind from 10th,pulled up after 12th (op 10/1)

I may be missing something here.....did we see a change in tactics?

7 days later,he is entered in another slogfest,after running,ambling maybe,like a drain.

With the best will in the world,off a career high mark of 138,if you were the trainer,would you not expect after that run,a little drop in the handicap?

Absolutely convinced something must have been amiss,maybe he had the equine version of our 24 hr bug,poorly on saturday,fine by monday ,ready to go.

Assuming they enquired into the run/tactics? Must have,surely?
Report Facts January 10, 2018 2:49 AM GMT
Felt very confident about Mysteree winning the Welsh National - and bet accordingly.
From the start I wasn't happy he was toward the rear and not moving fluently. He was never ' at the races' at any stage.'
Too bad to be true in my book, so if he's in the final decs. for Saturday's race, I will be backing him.
Report knot in wood January 10, 2018 10:18 PM GMT
have to stick with mysteree for the rest of the season now facts, he will probably win when you least expect.

yes interesting horse that kansas city chief reaseheath, i did not notice bloom owned him trainer also as carole's destrier entered put up by tony calvin in his ante post column.
Report IrisDeBalme January 11, 2018 1:55 PM GMT
MYSTEREE not declared so glad I waited

EMPORERS CHOICE is... hopefully he will jump round this time ....
Report SOULDANCER January 11, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
Missed Approach appears to have been dropped 6lb for finishing 6th in Hennessy. That seems awfully kind, am I missing something, is that right.

Iris has the value, when I seen 20's I thought that's too good  to be true, non-runner, but no.
Report Facts January 11, 2018 4:40 PM GMT
Another day for Mysteree- glad that I too  waited.

Krakatoa King( 9/1 wh) is the selection
Report Steamship January 12, 2018 10:59 PM GMT
Cogry for me, though I'm having a really bad run
Report SOULDANCER January 13, 2018 10:38 AM GMT
MISSED APPROACH 5-1, having dropped 6lb looks well handicapped in what looks a poor race.
Report ReaseHeath January 13, 2018 1:04 PM GMT
Backed On The Road 16/1 ew 4 places before Emperor's Choice came out, agree it looks a poor renewal now but partly due to proximity to rescheduled Welsh National presumably...
Report FELTFAIR January 13, 2018 1:53 PM GMT
Backed Missed Approach each way (big fan of Ladbroke Chase form).Will have a shilling each way on Cresswell Breeze and Goodtoknow.
Report knot in wood January 13, 2018 3:47 PM GMT
well done if anyone kept the faith with milansbar.

shocking run by goodtoknow.
Report SOULDANCER January 13, 2018 4:04 PM GMT
Top claiming jocks mopping up these Saturday races.
Report largeaction January 15, 2018 6:40 PM GMT
Strongly fancied Milansbar in the Welsh and back it accordingly.
Needless to say not a penny on this past weekend.
Sick.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now