Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
24 Dec 17 19:53
| Topic/replies: 3,893 | Blogger: liberator of the oppressed's blog
My second epiphonistic experience not the result of song but too much pom pom first one won the Nunthorpe this will win the Oaks on at 20/1 for a few crates of the good stuff. If you read this Brigust after the hard luck at Epsom take solace and start to replenish the coffers to back Cracksman to win next years Arc. Happy Xmas antepost formites.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View September to win the english 2018...
Show More
Report deepingfox December 24, 2017 9:37 PM GMT
Completely agree Liberator, can't understand anyone who doesn't know that SEPTEMBER is bred to be great, and for Epsom She will be at her greatest.
Report unclepuncle December 24, 2017 10:25 PM GMT
I'm balls deep on her at 33/1 - should be clear favourite imo.
Report harry callaghan December 24, 2017 10:59 PM GMT
be interesting to see how she trains on, she isn't overly big, i can't remember aidan o'brien taking an oaks filly to the breeders cup before so will be interesting how she goes at 3 certainly well bred
Report unclepuncle December 25, 2017 8:15 AM GMT
I do worry that Coolmore will prioritise other fillies who are by their own stallions.
Report A_T December 25, 2017 9:16 AM GMT
more likely they just have better fillies. maybe seduced by her breeding? not looked anything special since Royal Ascot - the trip to the Breeders Cup suggests they were trying to get her a big win before it was too late.
Report woodmanchester December 25, 2017 4:25 PM GMT
Don't forget her proven record round Epsom! Laugh
Report deepingfox December 25, 2017 5:37 PM GMT
SEPTEMBER was running on the wrong ground and the wrong trip from June through to the Fillies Mile, so it's no wonder she had a soft ground 7f for dip. On good ground over 1m4f she is bred to be soooooo much better than Soft ground 7f.
Report impossible123 December 25, 2017 6:55 PM GMT
September is a much better filly on good ground. And September or Happily winning the Epsom Oaks will do me fine.
Report Try My Best December 25, 2017 8:08 PM GMT
She will nip around the Epsom turns like a greyhound.
Report woodmanchester December 25, 2017 10:54 PM GMT
Not often someone sticks their neck out. "Miles and Miles" we will see Confused
Report A_T December 26, 2017 11:11 AM GMT
odd are against her running
Report lewisham ranger December 26, 2017 12:58 PM GMT
I get that September was ul in running but for me the horse that beat her in the fillies mile, Laurens, looked like a much more likely type to make up into a proper three year old. I'd be interested in backing her for the classics, even if you don't look at Karl Burke and think this guy has the magic touch in the big races like O'Brien has.
Report roadrunner46 March 13, 2018 9:43 PM GMT
ive got september at 25/1 for the oaks doubled with real madrid and barcelona for the champions league for
small stakes, very hopeful at the moment, good run in america, would of won the race with a good start.
Report The Dragon March 13, 2018 9:56 PM GMT
bp now 10/1
Report unclepuncle March 21, 2018 8:08 AM GMT
Latest quote from Aiden

We’re happy with where we are with her. We are looking at the 1000 Guineas for her and she might run in a trial before it. I think she’ll stay further than a mile later in the season and there’s every chance she could be an Oaks filly. She isn’t overly big, but she has a big pedigree and a big personality. I don’t think her size will hold her back.
Report Millerracing67 March 21, 2018 2:38 PM GMT
View her as more of a mile to 10f filly atm. Time will tell?
Report impossible123 March 21, 2018 4:29 PM GMT
I only have a bit of Saxon Warrior - The Pentagon is my main hope - for the Epsom Derby, but the Oaks with September and Happily for bundles after a fairly profitable Cheltenham courtesy of the winning shorties with Footpad and Presenting Percy; I might even have a dabble on September doing the double ie 1000G and Epsom Oaks.
Report Paterson92 March 23, 2018 7:48 AM GMT
John Gosden’s Highgarden wins the Oaks - 25/1 available in most places ... you’re welcome!
Report unclepuncle March 23, 2018 8:37 AM GMT
Certainly an interesting 'dark horse' P92 and just the fact that it's Gosden means the 25/1 might be worth a little tickle.
Form of her maiden is pretty moderate though and has to be a bit of a doubt about class and the trip on breeding given her dam has produced nothing of note so far, but Nathaniel may help impart enough stamina.
Report johnnyrant March 23, 2018 12:45 PM GMT
I like Highgarden too. Looks the ideal Oaks type to me.
Report Lance in France March 25, 2018 8:06 PM BST
I have Magic Lily down as a big runner as well. Another one bred for the job.
Report Jack Bauer '24' March 26, 2018 12:13 AM BST
September, Magical and Magic Lily are the ones I have backed so far.
Report impossible123 March 26, 2018 8:45 AM BST
She is 50/1 with ***365 for this and the 1000G. She has a good chance if the ground on Guineas day rides good/good to firm, I believe.
Report pipedreamer March 31, 2018 2:46 PM BST
She won at Royal Ascot as a 2 year old.last Royal Ascot 2 year old winner to go on and win the Oaks was,??????,at least before 1970,although a few of late won the 2000 guineas,it still makes it about 3 or 4 winners at Royal Ascot at two ,that went on to win ANY English Classic at Three.
Another factor is that she looked a bit small as a 2 year old and possibly hasn't got a lot of scope to fill out in here frame and improve.
Good luck anyway,Stats are there to be broken.Stranger things have happened.
Report Lance in France March 31, 2018 4:51 PM BST
The silver lining pipedreamer is the race she won at Ascot. You can only run in the Chesham if your sire won a race over 10 furlongs or further! I'm looking at it as a massive positive for the Oaks trip and winning a race at Royal Ascot was a bonus.
Report impossible123 April 2, 2018 5:55 PM BST
The market is very weak market for this race; both September and Happily are trading at 10 here, and little activity for the others too.
Report Lance in France April 10, 2018 1:36 PM BST
September NOT entered in the Leopardstown guineas trial on Saturday. Nor was Clemmie
Report unclepuncle April 20, 2018 7:56 AM BST
Seem to recall September thrashing Masar at Ascot. It’s all coming together nicely.Cool
Report Lance in France April 20, 2018 8:01 AM BST
I smiled when I watched Masar yesterday as well uncle, although to be fair he does look like he has improved somewhat over the winter!

Does anyone have any news on Magic Lily? She has
disappeared out of most bookies lists. Have a missed an announcement?

Cheers
Report jockeyhunter April 20, 2018 3:00 PM BST
wasnt entered in the oaks, just the irish oaks. no idea about any setback
Report Lance in France April 20, 2018 3:58 PM BST
Thanks jockeyhunter. That's a little bit worrying for those of us that have supported her at fancy prices. Still, the silver lining is another potential danger to September probably wont run.
Report impossible123 April 21, 2018 10:43 AM BST
September beat Masar, the easy winner of the Craven, by 2.25l receiving 5lbs on good to firm ground over 7f; Happily beat Masar by 1.5l receiving 4lbs on soft. How do Gustav Klimt and Saxon Warrior compare to September and Happily?

I do hope O'Brien is sleeping easy about the win of Masar.
Report Lance in France April 30, 2018 1:21 PM BST
Lets hope she is going the York Epsom route rather than nothing at allScared
Report impossible123 April 30, 2018 5:39 PM BST
Terribly disappointed she is not running in the 1000G despite a probable ground to suit. Hopefully, she's ok and just needed more time after her exertion in America; an Oaks trial in Ireland or York would be ideal prep for Epsom Oaks.
Report Try My Best April 30, 2018 10:10 PM BST
Good decision by the camp. Bit more time and faster ground later on in the season. Hope she's grown a little.
Report Middle_Of_March May 4, 2018 6:16 AM BST
On her at 25s as one of my biggest bets antepost of the year

Worried she misses the Guineas and no entry in the Oaks trial next week at Chester. Hopefully she goes to York for (presumably) the Musidora.

If she gets decent ground over 1m 4f, she will prove to be a different animal to when we saw her on some occasions last year. She cries out for quick ground and screams step up in trip.
Report lobster luck May 4, 2018 7:52 AM BST
I too have good prices about September but it is slightly worrying that she is not entered at Chester.  I am hoping for the Musidora entry or as I like to call it the Alexandrova route! Her size and the possibility of not training on is my concern although as I recall Alexandrova was quite small too.  Blindly, on pedigree she is made for this race and being able to compete at shorter so early is a plus. Being nimble is really important at Epsom and I would think she will cruise down the hill.  Her mother went Irish 1000 to Epsom, as have some other good animals from the yard (imagine for one) but that is too close this year.  Markets give some confidence all is ok but they did not pick up on the Clemmie setback when it happened, only when the yard chose to speak about a week later!  Good luck all, I will certainly be raising a glass to her in the Bar at Epsom on the 1st of June if she can do the business.
Report impossible123 May 4, 2018 6:35 PM BST
She's in the Blue Wind Stakes over 1m 2f at the curragh on 12th May. I hope she runs otherwise straight to Epsom Oaks, I'd imagine.
Report Lance in France May 5, 2018 1:26 PM BST
That's a little more encouraging. If there was anything wrong she wouldn't have been entered, he said using extremely basic logic!
Report impossible123 May 5, 2018 4:37 PM BST
Probably, or September is not forward enough to do battle with Happily in tomorrow's 1000G. I think it also augers well for Happily as connections are happy and (confident) Happily can do the business tomorrow.

Saxon Warrior is now 'evens' having just won the 2000G; what price Happily for this if she wins tomorrow?
Report impossible123 May 6, 2018 8:45 PM BST
The Irish 1000G will probably be the next race for Happily, according to AOB,...meaning more likely September would be targeting this race - here's hoping.
Report unclepuncle May 7, 2018 6:37 PM BST
Looks like September is not going to be ready to run in a trial and might not make the Oaks either.Cry

September is on the way back and you would hope she will make the Oaks, but she is not guaranteed," he said.

Have laid off my 33/1 (single and a double with BVD @ 7/2) at 12 and 12.5.Plain
Report impossible123 May 7, 2018 7:44 PM BST
AOB: "September is on the way back and you would hope she would make the Oaks, but she is not guaranteed."
Report impossible123 May 9, 2018 7:31 PM BST
A steady demand for September over the last couple of days. Let's hope it's sustained, and nothing to be too concerned about from Chester today, I believe; Lingfield on saturday and the Curragh on sunday perhaps.
Report Lance in France May 11, 2018 11:21 AM BST
Not looking good. No entry at York either. I'm well beyond fearing the worst. A little bit of an update would have been nice. Oh well, it might as well rain until September Sad
Report unclepuncle May 11, 2018 8:46 PM BST
My only hope is that they are playing games a bit like they did with Saxon Warrior.
He drifted out to about 12/1 a week or so before the Guineas and looked like being a non runner but once the 6 day decs came out he quickly came back in and the rest is history.
Report unclepuncle May 14, 2018 9:58 AM BST
September a definite non runner - available to back at 100 and only 1,000 on the lay side.CryCryCry
Report Paterson92 May 14, 2018 10:08 AM BST
According to AOB this morning:

“Happily will be aimed at the Irish 1000 Guineas with the Investec Oaks likely to come too soon”

September won’t make the Oaks @EpsomRacecourse ... ‘’she’s only trotting and we’ve run out of time” says Aidan O’Brien
Report impossible123 May 14, 2018 10:58 AM BST
'Paterson92', thanks. Was just about to post she looked a goner having been matched at 100 here; 2nd penalty after her no show in the 1000G. Perils of betting antepost, I guess.
Report Lance in France May 14, 2018 12:09 PM BST
I'll trump you 123. 2 bets in each filly classic. September and Clemmie 1000 and September and Magic Lily Oaks. Good picking by me there!
Report unclepuncle May 14, 2018 12:11 PM BST
I also had Clemmie for the Guineas but laid off my stake on both so no harm done fortunately.
Just wish I had laid of my Nelson Derby bet before yestersdays race.Cry
Report impossible123 May 14, 2018 12:41 PM BST
Paterson29', not quite. I'd Clemmie and September too for the 1000G, and Sept and Happily for the Epsom Oaks but laid off Happily (happily) prior to 1000G. Allegiance has now switched to Magic Wand. Thank goodness, my 2nd string Saxon Warrior won the 2000G, with an antepost fun bet for the same horse to do the a double ie 2000G and Epsom Derby at 25/1. Hopefully, I could recoup and maybe show a small gain post Epsom.

Nevertheless, this race has not been kind to me; last year Rhododendron was trumped by Enable, of all horses!
Report Jack Bauer '24' May 14, 2018 2:47 PM BST
I also had big priced bets on Clemmie in the Guineas and September and Magic Lily in the Oaks so it's disappointing not to get a run, but on the bright side they were only small bets compared to my Saxon Warrior bets so as long as he manages to make the race I'm not too bothered.
Report roadrunner46 May 17, 2018 1:52 PM BST

May 7, 2018 -- 6:37PM, unclepuncle wrote:

Looks like September is not going to be ready to run in a trial and might not make the Oaks either.September is on the way back and you would hope she will make the Oaks, but she is not guaranteed," he said.Have laid off my 33/1 (single and a double with BVD @ 7/2) at 12 and 12.5.

good info, cashed my double in straight away

Report unclepuncle June 17, 2018 7:42 PM BST
Such a shame she has had problems. Thrashed the Derby winner and should have comfortably beaten the Guineas runner up / French Oaks winner too.Cry
Report ReaseHeath June 18, 2018 12:05 AM BST
probably called September because that's when we'll see her on the racecourse again...
Report impossible123 June 25, 2018 3:36 PM BST
Missed too many appointments, and will she ever see a racecourse again? Personally, I have grave doubt as I think she'd suffer the same fate as Promise To Be True. But glad to be proven wrong.
Report impossible123 July 14, 2018 10:00 AM BST
She's in full training now after recovering from her muscle spasm, and being trained for the Irish Oaks; she'll come on from this race, according to AOB.
Report impossible123 July 22, 2018 4:45 PM BST
She finished last in the Kilboy, but was looked after by Heffernan. Nevertheless, it was disappointing despite AOB indicating she'd come on a lot post this race. Where will she go next? Same way as Promise To Be True ie retire?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now