Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
20 Dec 17 10:33
| Topic/replies: 5,471 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
Not the best renewal of what used to be called The Ladbroke and I'm going for the supposed Henderson second string in Verdana Blue @ 8/1.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Racing Welfare Handicap Hurdle -...
Show More
Report nocturnal December 20, 2017 11:23 AM GMT
Morning Uncle

As you say,entries fairly thin on the ground,could cut up.
Keep coming back to one horse,however not totally sure if it gets the nod.
The Irish entries also temper enthusiasm,elliot has won 2 of the last 6 runnings.
5 day decs later,sit this one out at present.
Report nocturnal December 20, 2017 12:15 PM GMT
Ignore that last bit,thinking of another race,surely declared yesterday.

Still none the wiser Sad
Report unclepuncle December 20, 2017 12:52 PM GMT
Will be interesting to see which Irish entries take up the engagement as it does look very winnable if they have anything well handicapped.

The favourite Charlie Parcs might have the engine to hose up but it's jumping is a bit iffy and last year the Henderson second string, who had recent winning handicap form, beat the McManus owned first string so I'm hoping for the same.
Report deepingfox December 20, 2017 8:30 PM GMT
I think, off 134, LOSTINTRANSLATION could be low enough in the handicap to make an impact.
Report unclepuncle December 22, 2017 8:40 PM GMT
Have added a saver on Air Horse one @ 12/1
Report betilyerded December 22, 2017 9:43 PM GMT
I was all over Harry Fry's Jollys Cracked It two years ago when he dead heated with Sternrubin so really thought Air Horse One was his plot horse for the race this year, particularly after Elgin (and others) subsequently franked the Ascot form.

Unfortunately he went up 3lb for standing in his box and then another 2 lb for his  3rd at Newbury. Still think he can improve on that back at 2 miles with a strong pace and took the 14-1 last week but cant help thinking that he is now vulnerable to something else.
Report ReaseHeath December 22, 2017 10:35 PM GMT
Hunters Call looks a total plot, off since August, first run for his up and coming new trainer, Jack Kennedy coming over for one ride and not riding the Elliott horse (which he's ridden 6 times before).

His mark actually looks stiff enough based on his Irish form but he's the sort of price where you can afford to guess so I will!
Report nocturnal December 23, 2017 7:29 AM GMT
Intriguing handicap....Interesting jockey bookings on the mcmanus pair.

All 3 of the Irish challengers stand their ground,each will no doubt have supporters.

Veinard......Not the profile of Elliots previous winners,been running well in decent races at home,giving the impression not quite seeing his races out,whether thats by design or otherwise,today might tell us more.
Easy side of good looks perfect,faster the better in terms of race pace,will need holding up until the last minute,mark looks fair.

Man Of Plenty......Friendless in the market,plenty miles on the clock,been campaigned over a variety of distances in his time.Smaller yard that does very well with limited stock,this horse has a similar profile to Anteros,sneaking under the radar,until the time is right.
Few pounds out of the handicap,negated by the claim,on a line through Limited Reserve,this fella has a squeak.Been waiting for him to get headgear,quirky sort,got the visor LTO,given an interesting ride at sandown,hoping that was a sighter.Another who travels well,this race might bring out the best in him,be out the back early,probably finnish there,but the 66/1 in places,takes that into account.

Not a race to order the Norfolk free range on......

Best of luck to those playing
Report Big Black Cat December 23, 2017 10:46 AM GMT
Elgin has rock solid form, and is still improving.  Even off top weight he has a big chance.
Report The Dragon December 23, 2017 11:38 AM GMT
fergall is in with a shout for me and chesterfield ew
Report FELTFAIR December 23, 2017 1:23 PM GMT
Backed Verdana Blue each way.
Report nocturnal December 23, 2017 3:53 PM GMT
Well Played Reaseheath.....nice piece detective work,enjoy Happy
Report betilyerded December 23, 2017 3:57 PM GMT
WD Reaseheath.

Not great to hear 15 mins before off from harry fry that his horses were not "firing on all cyclinders". Bit late for that and ran accordingly...
Report unclepuncle December 23, 2017 6:48 PM GMT
Outstanding pick Reaseheath.Cool
Report ReaseHeath December 23, 2017 8:18 PM GMT
Thank you folks - I was rather perturbed when I opened the paper this morning and read Segal making the same argument - definitely more a case of every dog has his day than great minds think alike!
Report SOULDANCER December 23, 2017 8:32 PM GMT
Well done Reese that will keep you warm for years to come, brilliant play.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now