Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
IrisDeBalme
17 Dec 17 12:58
| Topic/replies: 1,937 | Blogger: IrisDeBalme's blog
Was very sad to see the horse breakdown the way he did ... he looked like going clear of the field.  Couldn't say he was a definite winner but would say he was a likely one.

Then we hear the sympathy and news about the dangers horses risks...from media and bookies ... as we are such a caring industry... but racing life goes on....

What I don't hear is the money taken from betting ... surely the if STARCHITECT won more money would have been taken out of there satchels ... than Guitar Pete winning?

Strong as it sounds but for me I think it's ethical question as to whether money should have been made as a result of this horse tragically losing his life.

Think the money made from this horse losing its life should be given to the injured jockeys fund. Infact any money taken for this specific horse should be given.

Does anyone agree?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View STARCHITECT and racing ethics
Show More
Report firstimevisor December 17, 2017 1:10 PM GMT
No, I really can't say i do
Report unclepuncle December 17, 2017 2:24 PM GMT
Obviously what happened was very unpleasant but there were still two furlongs to run and two fences to jump and don’t forget he lost the Paddy Power because of a bad jump at the last.

It was hardly Devon Loch or Dayjur.
Report buddeliea December 20, 2017 7:49 AM GMT
One of the saddest and most horrible incidents I have ever seen on a racecourse.Poor horse,just hope he did not suffer too much.
Just have to feel for the connections of their horse,running probably his best ever race,seeing him go clear and look like winning a big race and then for that to happen,just so sad.
The emotions in this sport, so many ups and downs,lets hope their other horses bring them some cheer soon.

As for ethics, cannot really do much there,sadly its part of the game,horses do break down.
However nothing to stop backers of Guitar Pete giving their winnings away,if they feel strongly enough,up to them.
Report sageform December 23, 2017 6:34 PM GMT
Up to individual winners to donate as they wish but it would be a very dangerous precedent if any money was refunded  on an injured horse however tragic the circumstances.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now