Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
06 Dec 17 21:01
Date Joined: 23 Jun 07
| Topic/replies: 1,290 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
Another great renewal of this fantastic race and if all stand their ground we are in for a race to rival the Tingle. Brain Power was very impressive at Kempton and will start favourite (maybe odds on) as he's seen a more of a two miler than the rest of the field. The fact that Finians Oscar is trading about 4/1 shows you the depth of the field, even with his iffy jumping. The 1st and 2nd at Cheltenham, North Hill Harvey and Sceau Royal both look like they will run and are both in with big chances. Capitaine may find this a bit too hot after egg and spoon races.

At this stage I think Sceau Royal @ 5/1 with Hills is value as the track will suit with his quick and accurate jumping. He always looks a horse with a high cruising speed who is best placed over sharper tracks than Cheltenham. Brain Power is a bit in and out as his poor Champion Hurdle run showed ( Sceau Royal finished ahead of him there as well).

Any thoughts ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Henry VIII Novices Chase (Sandown...
Show More
Report the bloob December 6, 2017 10:32 PM GMT
I think Brain Power is too short and worth opposing, despite having an amazing record at flat, right-handed tracks. I agree with you that North Hill Harvey and Sceau Royale are the ones to be on, Sceau Royale has a pull in the weights from their meeting, but North Hill Harvey had a very good win last time. At the prices I think you are right to side with Sceau Royale, and I will be doing similar
Report ReaseHeath December 6, 2017 10:38 PM GMT
I think Finian's Oscar is trading at 4/1 because his connections are on the record as stating he's more likely to wait until Cheltenham the following week - although I accept a race over 15.5f with the fences coming thick and fast probably won't play to his strengths.

Other than that, I would n't have a betting opinion - I've not seen the October race at Cheltenham where North Hill Harvey narrowly beat Sceau Royal - collaterally Sceau Royal would have every chance of reversing that with a 5lb pull here - on the other hand I much preferred the visual impression of North Hill Harvey's November Meeting win at Cheltenham to Brain Power's Kempton effort - at least Ozzie The Oscar put it up to North Hill Harvey most of the way round whereas none of Brain Power's opponents looked overly interested in getting competitive to me.

Interesting race but not a betting one for me.
Report sageform December 7, 2017 6:57 PM GMT
North hill Harvey looked a bit special last time but different course on Saturday.
Report TheFlyingMuscovite December 7, 2017 10:38 PM GMT
Cracking race in prospect. I am going to back Capitaine I imagine he will lead and he was very impressive last time out.
Report sageform December 9, 2017 10:02 AM GMT
If Finians Oscar does win, will they be aiming at the Arkle?
Report FELTFAIR December 9, 2017 10:17 AM GMT
Excellent race in prospect and should just watch but instead going to back North Hill Flyer each way. As long as they all jump OK there should be no excuses.
Report buddeliea December 9, 2017 12:42 PM GMT
Tough race to call,but at the prices its North hill Harvey for me.
Report ReaseHeath December 9, 2017 1:52 PM GMT
well done, Hibore - mindboggling SP.
Report the bloob December 9, 2017 2:04 PM GMT
easy peasy, should have done the forecast! I was happy with 5/1 antepost, couldn't believe 9/1 yesterday and SP of 11/1 is crazy, still, a nice winner
Report ReaseHeath December 9, 2017 2:06 PM GMT
^ well done as well, bloob - missed your post...
Report harry callaghan December 9, 2017 2:06 PM GMT
hibore very well done enjoy
Report eric_morris December 9, 2017 2:07 PM GMT
Hope you didnt take 5/1 antepost, 11/1 sp with no risk getting there with any disinformation from trainers.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Instance ID: 13539

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now