Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
betilyerded
30 Nov 17 19:51
| Topic/replies: 780 | Blogger: betilyerded's blog
Best race of the Christmas period for me, always has been. King George the what chase?

Anyway, had a quick shufty through the entries and thought a couple were worth flagging up.

Firstly last seasons Eider winner Mysteree, whose trainer Michael Scudamore (trained previous winner Monbeg Dude) said after he had just been nailed close home in the Midlands national that they had him "dreaming of the Welsh national next season" and you can see why after also winning a slog at haydock over 3/12 miles with his only blemish coming at Plumpton which wouldnt be every horses cup of tea. He clearly needs a big galloping track and having been eliminated form last seasons race will have no problems on that score this time.

Chase The Spud did the Midlands national form no damage when winning first time up last week and i reckon for a horse pretty much guaranteed to line up - possibly even first time up - I think 25-1 generally is a pretty decent e/w poke.

The other one I like is last seasons 4th Houblon Des Obeaux. Even after his recent veterans win he is well handicapped off 143, 10lb lower than last seasons effort and looks another one for e/w backers given his 4th in the classic chase, Midlands national and wasnt disgraced in the national.
At 10 he is hardly going to improve and I was hoping for a shade higher than 20-1 but its difficult not to envisage this dour stayer not being on the premises and is probably one to back nearer the time.

Thoughts anyone?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Welsh National Chepstow - 27th December
Show More
Report ReaseHeath December 15, 2017 2:16 PM GMT
you've been rescued, gents - non runner today due to the ground (not sure how it is much different than they thought it would be...)
Report betilyerded December 15, 2017 2:18 PM GMT
Mysteree non runner today? Betting has been suspended. Have we been thrown a lifeline?
Report betilyerded December 15, 2017 2:19 PM GMT
Oh yes indeed.
Back on track for the Welsh National!!
Report betilyerded December 15, 2017 2:19 PM GMT
Oh yes indeed.
Back on track for the Welsh National!!
Report sageform December 15, 2017 2:23 PM GMT
98% chance to be softer at Chepstow.
Report ReaseHeath December 15, 2017 2:26 PM GMT
^ which is what the horse wants...
Report unclepuncle December 15, 2017 2:34 PM GMT
Taken some 20/1 on Mysteree.
Report Facts December 16, 2017 1:45 AM GMT
Another Mysteree backer here. Took the 20/1 before his withdrawal from Cheltenham's race( ground not soft enough )
Has won first time out the last three seasons. So Welsh National it is Cool
Report fife December 16, 2017 8:50 AM GMT
I might as well admit to backing the horse at 25/1  and chasing the spud at 16/1 so they are well and truly hexed going by my antepost record this year Sad
Report the bloob December 16, 2017 7:01 PM GMT
I'm considering Mysteree but I'm concerned about the additional 5lbs to carry this time
Report woodmanchester December 18, 2017 8:49 AM GMT
To the strength of a steeplechaser, 5lb will make no difference. Slight mistake by him or others and weights go out the window. Will win or wont whatever
Report the bloob December 18, 2017 8:26 PM GMT
1 pound per length is a fair approximation, and a bit more than a length over longer trips
Report betilyerded December 18, 2017 9:05 PM GMT
Decided to go in on Wild West Wind at 16-1. Sounds like he is going for the race and although its only a little over 2 weeks since he ran I think its worth taking a chance.
Report sageform December 19, 2017 11:02 AM GMT
If it made no difference why have handicaps at all? It does make a difference but so do many other factors especially in a long distance chase. Going 3 wide for a circuit would cost the equivalent of 7lb, a serious mistake could cost about the same. I am still with Wild West Wind although Tom George's form is still a cause for concern. Too many jump the second last looking likely to win but fade out of the frame.
Report woodmanchester December 19, 2017 3:50 PM GMT
You hit the nail on the head with 'many other factors,' Sage

Nit picking over 1lb here and there hardly worth it
Report woodmanchester December 19, 2017 5:40 PM GMT
Beware The Bear. Miracle he won last time but also entered for the Lavazza Silver Cup this Saturday, 23rd. Anyone know most likely route?
Report betilyerded December 19, 2017 7:57 PM GMT
I thought (hoped!) he would go to Ascot but Henderson has three entered and he has been eased by a couple of books to suggest he isnt going to go there.

Ironically, since the race called the Rehearsal Chase was moved from Chepstow to Newcastle, the winner of the Welsh National - for which it was meant to be a "Rehearsal" for - has never come from the race. Prior to that it was the primary source of finding the winner.
Report Facts December 19, 2017 11:04 PM GMT
Anticipated money now coming for Mysteree Cool
Report Can't Catch Me December 19, 2017 11:24 PM GMT
Been tipped somewhere maybe?!
Report Facts December 20, 2017 2:19 AM GMT
Yeh, on this thread Laugh
Report woodmanchester December 20, 2017 8:05 AM GMT
Thanks betilyerded
Report The Dragon December 20, 2017 8:51 AM GMT
im on the following chase the spud at 12/1, bishops road at 16/1 and Viex lion rouge at 33/1

also followed you on mysteree
Report woodmanchester December 20, 2017 1:45 PM GMT
Saw Vieux at Aintree recently. Would need to do much better but good luck!
Report The Dragon December 20, 2017 4:20 PM GMT
yes i agree wood been very disappointing but at 33 i had to have a go. not a great deal of confidence but you never know
Report morpteh mackem December 20, 2017 5:39 PM GMT
unoriginal but surely chase the spud must have a great chance
Report betilyerded December 21, 2017 8:27 PM GMT
No major omissions at the 5 day stage. Was hoping Beware The Bear might be scratched but this appears to be the plan.

Morpeth - think Chase The Spud does hold a chance but is much worse off with Mysteree on their run in the Midlands National. That said its because he has won its last race and has at least had a run, which is my only concern regarding Mysteree, despite his record when fresh. Would also like to have seen Scudamore have a winner recently.
Report morpteh mackem December 22, 2017 4:35 PM GMT
aye prefer cts to mysteree ( due to ack of run  for latter ) , really need a horse likes soft/heavy, has flippers for feet and 5 pairs of lungs. ask the weatherman is another possibiity.
Report Facts December 22, 2017 5:47 PM GMT
No problem that Mysteree hasn't run yet. He has won his first race of the Season for the past 3 years !Happy
Report the bloob December 22, 2017 6:27 PM GMT
Vintage Clouds and Bishops Road are my selections at this stage
Report Try My Best December 23, 2017 9:54 PM GMT
Milansbar very nicely treated on some of his old form. Staying on all up the straight against the George horse last time and off 10.3lbs carries a very nice weight and will have come on for the run. Have taken some 20s. Think he will run a big race
Report liberator of the oppressed December 24, 2017 5:17 AM GMT
I backed Milansbar last year ran like a DOG never got into first gear.
Report Try My Best December 24, 2017 6:59 PM GMT
Made a shuddering mistake at the second last year and was on the back foot from then on. This years race is pretty average compared to last year. See the weights have gone up 6lbs. Perched on 10-9 now. I'm happy with that.
Report sewter lives again December 25, 2017 12:00 AM GMT
I like Milansbar as well.

A good prep run over too short making up about 10/12 lengths over last 3 fences, side stepping the fallen Bob Ford may have stopped him winning

Back down to 134 after struggling in the mid 140s

imo should have already have won the Midlands National (off 145) jockey chased suicidal pace and still only got beat 2 lengths

I do like the 'Milans' over extreme distances
Report TEN2FOLLOWER December 25, 2017 9:20 PM GMT
Looks like it might be heavy.
Krackatoa King might be a lively outsider.
But I'mon Chase the Spud antepost.
Report the bloob December 26, 2017 1:54 PM GMT
the ground should bring Houblon des Obeaux into the equation
Report dunlaying December 26, 2017 4:58 PM GMT
I have backed Silsol and Ofaolains Boy.
Silsol stays , has form on the ground , has a touch of class and might have been kept for this. Not too badly weighted either.
Ofaolains Boy I have backed just in case he comes back to form.
Report nocturnal December 26, 2017 11:13 PM GMT
10/1 the field,in a 20 runner handicap, open race would be accurate.

Folsom Blue.....The pin has landed on this elliot inmate,plenty of big field experience in some of the top Irish staying handicaps.Not been hammered,137 seems reasonable,gets the combo of tongue tie/pieces for only second time.Showed his well being with a never nearer 4th in latest hurdle race,not getting any younger,will need clean round of jumping,like to see him not too far off the pace early,slight concern re jockey not having ridden him before,hopefully will have schooled him at home.

Raz De Maree.......In the veteran stage,ran an absolute cracker behind the well in NR In last years renewal.
Gets the claim from the excellent Bowen junior,not the biggest surprise were he to run well again.

Purely on handicapping.......Silsol is an intriguing entry.
Just shy of top class over hurdles,rated 158 at his peak,the claim allows this fella to run off 142 tomorrow.PFN also runs the top weight,is he there to keep the weights down?Just the 4 chase starts,looks a big ask for effectively a novice,but he should be ok on the ground/distance,a clear round would definately give him a sqeak.

Only backed FB so far,like to see the ground tomorrow under race conditions,before adding anything.

GL to those playing
Report FOYLESWAR December 27, 2017 7:28 AM GMT
chepstow abandoned ! possibly reschedualed for 6th jan
Report sageform December 27, 2017 8:20 AM GMT
Anyone know if ante post bets stand and more important if a horse declared for today but then misses the rescheduled race will be an ante post loser?
Report Facts December 27, 2017 8:21 AM GMT
What a disappointment. It was the expectation of seeing Mydteree win this race that got me through the stupid Xmas period Cry
Report Facts December 27, 2017 8:21 AM GMT
* Mysteree
Report betilyerded December 27, 2017 9:07 AM GMT
Shame, though I was concerned about the form of Scudamores horses going in to today.

As regards antepost bets, I should know the rules given how many times this race has been abandoned in the past few years but i actually can't remember. Think it actually depends on who you have placed your bets with.
My concern is that it now falls quite close to the Warwick Classic which may have been plan B for some of these.

Dont know what im going to do with myself today now!!
Report jackrussel December 27, 2017 9:24 AM GMT
If race is rescheduled then if I remember from previous years the choice is with the punter re ante post bets, either leave the bet for new race date or ask for bet to be cancelled, I have 25/1 Chase the Spud so may as well take my chance if race is run on the 6th January, could be less runners than would have been today.
Report Facts December 27, 2017 9:50 AM GMT
My stake with Sky has been returned ( so no choice option there !)

So far, BFred and WH haven't refunded .
Report the bloob December 27, 2017 10:18 AM GMT
add V C to that list, I've got Bishops Road at 25/1 and Vintage Clouds at 22/1, I'm tempted to let them stand. It'll be worth checking again later as it may just be they have not got round to cancelling them

does the entry now get re-opened?
Report fife December 27, 2017 11:27 AM GMT
356 and sky are still showing my bets placed 3 wks ago as open which hopefully will work in my favour assuming they turn up.
Report SOULDANCER December 27, 2017 11:58 AM GMT
All bets will be refunded the race is void. You may have to wait till 2.50.pm. for refund.
Report jackrussel December 27, 2017 1:04 PM GMT
Thought there was a rule which said if a race is run within a certain period of being abandoned that all bets would stand?
Report SOULDANCER December 27, 2017 1:27 PM GMT
That rarely happens and certainly not here, race has been opened to new entries.
Report Facts December 27, 2017 2:06 PM GMT
Still no refund from wh or BF.
Why does one have to wait until what was the time of the race ( ie 2.50) before AP bets are refunded?  The meeting was abandoned 7.30 am!
Report Facts December 27, 2017 3:51 PM GMT
Wh have refunded. BFred are not going to. Bet stands for rescheduled race ! Apparently, this is their policy. Any ante post bets, where original race is void due to meeting abandonment, the bet is held ' open' and applied to the rescheduled race.
Not sure what the ruling is, if trainer decides not to run it in the rescheduled race though !?
Report SOULDANCER December 27, 2017 5:10 PM GMT
b365 haven't refunded mine yet, they're slow.
Report jackrussel December 27, 2017 5:52 PM GMT
'Facts' My bets are with Fred, so looks like they stand 'open' then, like you said though what if trainer decides not to re-enter?
Report jackrussel December 27, 2017 6:05 PM GMT
https://www.racingpost.com/news/news/chepstow-s-welsh-national-card-lost-fol...
Report the bloob December 27, 2017 9:23 PM GMT
Hills rules state that antepost bets stand if race postponed to a later date, my bet is still showing as live
Report Facts December 27, 2017 11:57 PM GMT
This is taken from an email received from Wh today......

'
The bets placed on ante post markets are void as it has been abandoned. Please see the rules below:

In line with principals laid down by Tattersalls Rules of Racing, ante-post bets will be void under the following circumstances, otherwise bets stand:
a. If the race is abandoned or declared void.'
Report SOULDANCER December 28, 2017 6:17 AM GMT
Looks like my b365 bets stand, checking their rules. That's a pleasant surprise.
Report betilyerded December 28, 2017 9:12 AM GMT
This is a mess. My Mysteree bet with Bet365 stands but is available as a cashout too, so basically I have the choice.

My bet on Wild West Wind with VC also stands but I have no choice about it. Problem is the horse is now entered in two chases this weekend at Haydock on saturday and Cheltenham on Monday so may not actually run at Chepstow if connections decide not to wait.
Then where do you stand, as the horse was originally declared to run but now may end up a non runner...
Report Facts December 28, 2017 10:45 AM GMT
You're right - it is a mess. It would appear some bookmakers have allowed the bets to stand for the re-run, whilst others have refunded. Is it an interpretation of the rules , where they're applying it as a void, ignoring the fact it's being re- run ?
I'm confused as to why the bloob has his bet left Open with WH ,whilst mine has been refunded ? I've emailed them for clarification.
Report Facts December 28, 2017 1:35 PM GMT
Received reply from WH. I had been advised incorrectly. My bet should have stood as the race was to be rescheduled.
It has been reinstated.
Report betilyerded December 31, 2017 3:54 PM GMT
So. Here we go again, take two and all that..

5 day decs out tomorrow and no doubt quite a few of these will be taken out.

Thankfully my Mysteree bet at 25-1 and 16-1 on Wild West Wind still stands (good to see he didnt take up his entries over the weekend).

Still think Houblon Des Obeaux can play a part given he hit the frame off a 10lb higher mark on his first run of the season last year and ran better than it looks at Sandown last time. The extra week will be in his favour. Will wait until tomorrow but feel that 25-1 is a fair price to hit the frame again at least.

Quite a few put up Milansbar and his odds did noticeably contract overnight before the original race. I get it to a degree but cant help noticing how he easily drops out if he clouts one, which you really cant do in this race. He is well handicapped though and did I imagine it or were first time cheekpeices set to be deployed, which he looked like he needed after his last run.

Lets just hope the race is on this time!
Report sageform December 31, 2017 5:25 PM GMT
No ante post market on here yet? My Betair ap bet has been cancelled so ready to back Wild West Wind again.
Report ReaseHeath January 2, 2018 5:03 PM GMT
only Splash Of Ginge (ran yesterday) and Sir Mangan missing from original runners on Dec 27th at 5 day stage...
Report Facts January 3, 2018 1:52 AM GMT
Torrential rain storms across the country over next few days. Could the race be lost once again ?Sad
Report The Dragon January 3, 2018 11:52 AM GMT
Outlook for Friday to Sunday

Cloudy on Friday with showers, perhaps turning wintry over hills. Feeling very cold on Saturday in brisk winds, a chance of rain in the south. Dry, bright and cold Sunday.
Report sageform January 3, 2018 12:23 PM GMT
I would still put the chance of racing at less than 50%. I live 50 miles south of there and every field for miles around is under water. Wincanton could also be in doubt.
Report Callisto-moon January 4, 2018 9:47 AM GMT
does emperors choice get a penalty from his win inbetween the postponed race and the new date?
Report SOULDANCER January 4, 2018 10:32 AM GMT
4lb extra...racing post site.
Report betilyerded January 4, 2018 10:47 AM GMT
HDO looking likely to go to Sandown for the veterans race rather than Chepstow so can forget him.

Folsom Blue looks a likely NR and Hobss is warning Rock The Kasbah may not run, so given the confidence Neil King is showing behind Milansbar and confirming he wears cheekpieces i think I'll fire my 3rd and last arrow at him at 16-1.

Fingers crossed its on!!
Report nocturnal January 4, 2018 1:06 PM GMT
Well.....what do we have here?

Folsom Blue was announced non runner yesterday on ATR,info given via Gary Obrien who is part owner,yet last night he was still in 11 of the 23 books quoted on oddschecker?
He was also matched on here at 60 and upwards.

Now we have Rock The Kasbah,on the same ground as indicated in original race,heavy,possibly not taking up his entry,yet right now he is still available to back in most books?

Two different scenarios,in the case of Folsom Blue this news has come from a respected owner/reporter,and that transparency has to be applauded,bad luck for all concerned it happens so close to the race.

As for RTK,well something does not seem right here,this horse has been vying for favouritism since the A/Post market was formed,yet only now, they feel he might not like the ground ?

Some layers removed FB yesterday,others have not,questions need answering here.

There has to be some common ground here,who is at fault is open to question,should the trainer be scratching the horse,probably in an Ideal world.

The bottom line is some people may have backed FB yesterday,yet he had already been announced as a nonner,
this surely cannot be right?

Add in the Samcro case,these scenarios are happening way too often,taking a stance pre race is one thing,having no chance whatsoever of getting a run,thats completely different.

Integrity is banded around daily,with good reason.

Thoughts Anyone ?
Report unclepuncle January 4, 2018 2:50 PM GMT
I expect the RTK decison is really about the stable form which is horrendous - as is Jessica Harrington and look how well Sizing Johns ran at Chirstmas.

If I was the owner I would definitely rule RTK out and save him until the signs were better as a oor run over 3m5f on bottomless ground could end his season.
Report betilyerded January 5, 2018 11:45 AM GMT
20 decs and no RTK. Uncle hit the nail on the head regarding stable form. Could really harm a young chaser if its under a cloud in this ground.

See Emperors Choice has snuck in at the bottom. Surely not....
Report betilyerded January 5, 2018 11:53 AM GMT
Also interesting that Tom George has put Adrian Heskin up on Wild West Wind. Gethings rode him to victory last time and was due to ride him again in the original race as Heskin was riding at Kempton but now has to make way for the stable jockey.

The upshot being the horse effectively has a 7lb penalty taking into consideration Gethings claim. Confidence or stupidity...
Report equine flew January 5, 2018 1:09 PM GMT
I put up Alfie Spinner on this thread before the welsh national trail.  He was a good second to Wild West Wind in that and has a massive 12lb pull on WWW for just a length and a half.  You could argue Alfie Spinner was the stronger at the finish and this is over an extra 3/4 of a mile !!

The extreme ground and trip can only be in its favour in race the trainer excels.  Obviously hard work for a 13yo, but not many miles on the clock and I am happy with the 50/1 e/w.
Report the bloob January 5, 2018 10:55 PM GMT
I've previously been on Bishops Road and Vicente, but I have now also backed Silsol and On the Road

Silsol has some very good form before injury and goes on soft, to be thrown in to a race like this must be a positive sign, decent 5lb claimer on board too

On The Road looks like a potential plot, goes on soft too, been ran over hurdles to protect handicap mark, top class claimer on board. I had my eye on this before the original race but he didn't get in, now that he's got in I've got to have a bet. Also there is a good trend in this race for 7 and 8 year olds carrying under 11 stone, the only doubt is the trip but they clearly think he will stay as plenty of alternative races over shorter
Report nocturnal January 6, 2018 1:39 AM GMT
Good points The Bloob

Stick with Silsol,if there is one with a stack in hand,its potentially him.
Same claimer booked,this could be a race where jockeys will have to really be mindful of pace,will be interesting to see what sort of gallop they go first circuit.

Also like On The Road for reasons above,right age and weight,stamina yet to be  proven.

R D Maree....take out NR last year and he romped it,saver material only,again if he jumps well enough,he should be ok on deep ground.

Always an intriguing race,with that seemingly endless home straight.
Report the bloob January 6, 2018 9:31 AM GMT
can't believe I said Vicente, meant to write Vintage Clouds, must have been pi ssed! just to clarify the 4 I've backed are:

Bishops Road
Vintage Clouds
Silsol
On the Road
Report willie the milk January 6, 2018 10:32 AM GMT
I had an AP on Final Nudge which was returned. After going through the declared field I have landed on Emperors Choice ew at 20s with Patrick. Won the race in 2014 off 131. In today off 128 less 3lb claim. Trip/ground will be fine and bottom weight which will help. GL
Report Callisto-moon January 6, 2018 10:44 AM GMT
As a layer the two with the least chance in this have both been mentioned. Emperors choice,tough race in december bound to
of taken plenty out of his legs.
Silsol, how can people back this? chase form? jockey is good but still learning the game so bound to feel pressure and that is
acceptable at her stage of career, the more expirienced jockies have a huge edge.

Good luck everyone.
Report dunlaying January 6, 2018 11:10 AM GMT
And if either wins the **** will post a smiley .
Done any more charity work lately?
Report dunlaying January 6, 2018 11:11 AM GMT
Try Tinder next time it is cheaper that toys for single mums.
Report Callisto-moon January 6, 2018 12:41 PM GMT
what on earth are you wittering about?
Report Callisto-moon January 6, 2018 12:44 PM GMT
i dont recall using smilies they ate for the jokers.
Report ReaseHeath January 6, 2018 12:57 PM GMT
Fancy about 8 of them!

In the end I've had a small win only bet on Raz De Maree and backed Bishops Road and Final Nudge each way.

I think Vintage Clouds still has untapped potential and it would n't be the biggest surprise to see Firebird Flyer return to form in these conditions but I've resisted the temptation to back either of them.

Good luck!
Report FELTFAIR January 6, 2018 1:53 PM GMT
Wide open and could back loads of them but settled on Raz de maree and Vintage Clouds each way. One maybe too old and the other maybe too young.
Report buddeliea January 6, 2018 2:05 PM GMT
Emperors my main bet

Silsol
Firebird
Rathlin...... fun bets at nice odds.
Report Facts January 6, 2018 2:36 PM GMT
Very well played FELTFAIR
Report Facts January 6, 2018 2:42 PM GMT
WD Nocturnal and ReaseHeath tooHappy

Mysteree never in the the race at any stage. Very disappointing.
Report FELTFAIR January 6, 2018 3:38 PM GMT
Backed Mysteree at Plumpton last year and he never went a yard. Think he likes flat tracks.
Report betilyerded January 6, 2018 5:36 PM GMT
Absolute whitewash.

Mysteree never went a yard (still feel the stable is under a cloud - one winner since early december and that was in a 7 runner race where he ran 3!)

Thought Wild West Wind was jumping and traveling like the winner when he fell - bringing down Milansbar in the process...

Well done anyone who had the nerve to back two 13 year olds - in particular Equine Flew who flagged up Alfie Spinner at 50-1 early doors, very unlucky not to collect on the win.

Back to the drawing board for me....
Report SOULDANCER January 7, 2018 7:41 AM GMT
Final Nudge jumped and travelled really well but looking at final field and 11st 5lb it was always gonna be a tough ask. Beaten by horses ridden by top 5lb claiming jocks, ante-post doesn't get any easier for me.
Well done all who won on race.
Report morpteh mackem January 7, 2018 4:29 PM GMT
trainer reported 'chase the spud' was examined by vet and shown to have ataxia . not sure what this is, googled and looks like balance ,co-ordination problem.
Report sixtwosix January 7, 2018 6:58 PM GMT
I thought Firebird Flyer was beginning to stay on nicely when he fell , very possibly put off by the fall of Wild West Wind to his right.
Report nocturnal January 8, 2018 2:25 PM GMT
Thanks Facts.....Well played RH/FELT and EF

RDM...Outstayed them,very similar run to 2016,not sure what penalty he will get,5-7lb would probably get him  in April,if they go that route.If it were to come up soft at Aintree, in this sort of form,he would go to post with a live chance,couple of other races being considered according to stable.

Silsol......Ran his race,not good enough at the weights,lost some ground at that ridiculous starting point on the bend,jumped really well out of that ground.
Very few miles on the clock,big step in the right direction,something like the scottish version possibly,although Vicente looks nailed on to go there for the stable,interesting to see where he goes from here.

Three claimers in the top five,encyclopedias written on horses staying,nothing on jockey stamina?

Just over 8 minutes racing,does age come into it more over the longer distances,add the claim into the argument,hard work for both jockey/horse,something to ponder going forward.
Report ReaseHeath January 8, 2018 8:38 PM GMT
Thanks, Facts and noc - well done all winners...

Vintage Clouds would be the one I'd take out the race with Aintree in mind (he's only 8yo so potentially a few shots at it!)Was surprised he got back up for 4th after seeming to be on the retreat (albeit only 7 finished). Both his trainer and his sire have already won a Grand National but, more pertinently, I think he'd appreciate better ground.

Of the also-rans  Milansbar, Mysteree, Emperors Choice and On The Road are all entered in the Classic Choice at Warwick (latter two did n't get very far at Chepstow).
Report Desmond Orchard January 8, 2018 10:37 PM GMT
I think you maybe onto something there Noc. They interviewed Aspel after he had managed to coax a tune out that rogue Buywise in the Veterans Chase, it was about three minutes after they had finished and he was still blowing out of his ar5e! Perhaps these marathon events do suit the fitter lads?
Report nocturnal January 9, 2018 3:06 AM GMT
Hi Desmond

Most threads I have seen suggest 5%-20% races decided by jockeyship.In certain races,within both codes,my own view would be the complete opposite,nearer 80% are won/lost within the last few fences, or furlongs,whether that be jumps/flat.

Message sent.

Noc
Report Try My Best January 13, 2018 3:45 PM GMT
christ missed milansbar today .
Report Facts January 13, 2018 3:51 PM GMT
Sad
Report Try My Best January 13, 2018 3:54 PM GMT
Bleeding people coming around to visit when the racings on. Feel like pulling my hair out
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now