Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
impossible123
25 Nov 17 22:22
| Topic/replies: 6,137 | Blogger: impossible123's blog
The two main protagonists are Thistlecrack (2015 winner) and Unowhatimeanharry (2016 winner) with the former receiving 6lbs from latter; the prices are 1/1 and 7/4 respectively. The ground at Newbury is soft at present with little precipitation forecast between now and then.

An interesting and informative race for the King George Chase and Cheltenham, if both turn up.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Long Distance Hurdle (1st Dec)
Show More
Report unclepuncle November 26, 2017 1:29 PM GMT
I'd expect Harry to wait for the Long Walk.
Report impossible123 November 29, 2017 4:44 PM GMT
According to his trainer Thistlecrack is sufficiently fit to win, and is also receiving 6lbs from Unowhatimeanharry. But would Thistlecrack have retained most of his pace for hurdles after a season chasing, assuming he's fully recovered from his tendon injury last season?
Report willie the milk November 29, 2017 8:13 PM GMT
I think Harry is a good thing. Only beaten once since joining HF he is fit from a run and the 3rd home has since won very well. Trip and ground ideal. Crack has to prove both his fitness and more importantly his well being. Added into the mix, lets not be kidded this is a "prep" for BoxingDay.
Report The Dragon November 30, 2017 4:52 PM GMT
i agree with willie
Report impossible123 November 30, 2017 6:19 PM GMT
If Thistlecrack had been campaigned over hurdles last season and then got injured he'd have a good chance of making the 6lb concession he received from Unowhatimeanharry tomorrow. But given past evidence of horses that had been running over a different discipline to return to their former discipline a successful return on their 1st outing is slim let alone against a horse of the calibre of Unwhatimeanharry; even money for Thistlecrack, only connections and/or diehard supporters would help themselves to.
Report Jack Bauer '24' November 30, 2017 9:04 PM GMT
The fact that he raced over fences last season will make absolutely no difference in my view. As stated above, the main concern is that this is his first run back from injury against a high class opponent who is already race fit, and they are unlikely to give him a hard race first time out when not fully tuned up.
Report The Dragon December 1, 2017 12:15 PM GMT
not much between them betting wise now as money comes fr unowwhat i mean harry
Report sageform December 1, 2017 6:48 PM GMT
Another skinner for the bookmakers.
Report De_man December 2, 2017 11:14 AM GMT
what chance a punter has with trainers getting their horses fit on the course eh unfit animals left right and centre , driftee driftee like Pearl Nation the other day , disgusting
Report impossible123 December 3, 2017 2:53 PM GMT
Was Nichols Canyon fit enough to justify a short price runner at Punchestown this afternoon? He was comprehensively beaten by Apples Jade; he only finished 1.75l infront of Supersundae, a decent handicapper on level weight.
Report impossible123 December 8, 2017 1:29 PM GMT
Must admit I was disappointed Unowhatimeanharry did not win this race nevertheless, I believe the winner Beer Goggles had improved significantly as from the backend of last season; Nichols Canyon performed even worse only beating a good handicapper by a short margin.

Unowhatimeanharry is 13/8 for his next race, the Long Walk Hurdle on 23rd Dec - no Beer Goggles though.
Report ReaseHeath December 8, 2017 1:44 PM GMT
When I looked at the entries for the Long Walk, it struck me as a great opportunity for Apple's Jade - very close to Christmas this year though and there is a 3 mile Grade 1 at Leopardstown over Christmas too if they want to go down that route.

If she does n't run, perhaps L'Ami Serge might be finally persuaded to put his head in front.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now