Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Jb23
13 Nov 17 17:23
| Topic/replies: 415 | Blogger: Jb23's blog
Does anyone have any fancies for Sundays race?

Following todays declarations, Im going to take a flier on Silver streak 25-1. Been handed an absolute featherweight of 9-7. Assuming The New One and Defi Du Seuil don't turn up, which to my understanding is unlikely, then Evan Williams runner will probably be running off just a shade over 10 stone, all but bottom weight.

I was really taken with the horse beating Paul Nicholls 133 rated Dolos by lengths at Chepstow last month. This form looks relatively strong with Fidux (4th placed) falling at the last when looking like coming to win at Sandown yesterday. Nicky Henderson, Percy Street (6th) came out and finished 4th of 14 at Cheltenham at the Open Meeting.

With Mitchell Bastyian likely to ride and taking an invaluable 5lbs off the bottom weight I have to think that its likely to outrun its price.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View 2017 Greatwood Hurdle
Show More
Report unclepuncle November 13, 2017 7:38 PM GMT
Can't look beyoned Defi if he runs - Hobbs won it with Menorah and Detroit City off top weight in their first runs out of novice company.

If he runs I'd expect him to be half his current price come the off unless Hobbs makes some very negative noises.
Report unclepuncle November 13, 2017 7:56 PM GMT
^ I've risked 0.5pt @ 7/1 with Billies but the price just seems too big so I fear a no show.
Report IrisDeBalme November 14, 2017 12:35 PM GMT
Yes did the same too... Hills unusually pushes it out to 7/1 ... for a few hours yesterday night... despite article in RP suggesting horse would run.

Very bizarre really... but think the horse is really overpriced as he loves Chelt will love conditions and trainer reports horse as very fit...

I have also gone with OP on Silver Streak think he is good each way value... doubt he will win though ... but looks like a good place.
Report Jb23 November 14, 2017 2:55 PM GMT
BREAKING:  Favourite Defi Du Seuil misses the Greatwood Hurdle on Sunday and will make his first start of the season at Ascot on Saturday week, says trainer Philip Hobbs
Report unclepuncle November 14, 2017 3:00 PM GMT
Cut across the board today suggesting money piling on him??

Hobbs etc must have known this was the plan yet JP's rep said it was all systems go for the Greatwood yesterday.

Fortunately I felt something didn't look right and I only lost the 0.5pt.Plain
Report IrisDeBalme November 14, 2017 4:47 PM GMT
Disgraceful

Hills new....
Report FELTFAIR November 14, 2017 5:01 PM GMT
The perils of ante-post betting.
Report IrisDeBalme November 14, 2017 5:41 PM GMT
I did think it was odd how Hills extending the price to 7s... I'm sure they heard rumblings hence the slight drift...

I got suckered on the value... nothing protecting punters from inside knowledge that bookies have....
Report sageform November 14, 2017 7:44 PM GMT
I would be looking at The New One and Silver Streak at the moment. Top and bottom of the handicap.
Report Facts November 17, 2017 7:12 PM GMT
Misterton  10/1 b 3 6 5
Report sageform November 18, 2017 12:57 PM GMT
Silver Streak presumably balloted out?
Report unclepuncle November 18, 2017 3:52 PM GMT
With the ground going really bad I've gone for William H Bonney @ 14/1.

GL All.
Report sixtwosix November 18, 2017 7:07 PM GMT
Now down to 14 runners .......hopefully there might be 8 come race time for this super competitive 100k race..... are we now scared of soft ground for jump horses?
Report sageform November 19, 2017 7:56 AM GMT
My ante post on Silver Streak still showing on my account so he must have been scratched. Regarding the withdrawals, there are plenty of horses that want soft or even heavy but they would not have been entered or left in on Thursday when the overnights for the race were declared on good ground.
Report FELTFAIR November 19, 2017 10:44 AM GMT
Don`t know if he`ll like the ground but have backed Elgin each way five places.
Report Autocue November 19, 2017 11:03 AM GMT
I like Nietzsche due to the ground, low weight and jockey booking.
Report sageform November 19, 2017 11:17 AM GMT
With Flying Tiger my next choice also out, I am now on The New One. He has won 2 very good races on heavy, one when carrying a 10lb penalty.
Report cvbyrne. November 19, 2017 11:35 AM GMT
William H Bonny the one I like with this ground. Goes well fresh has won over c&d and good claimer offsets being outside h/c.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now