Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Dragon
07 Nov 17 20:46
| Topic/replies: 30,728 | Blogger: The Dragon's blog
i think they should retire the horse , had its day and i pary he is not an accident waiting to happen. Seems to have lost the ability to jump a clear round
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View CUE CARD- TIME TO RETIRE
Show More
Report impossible123 November 7, 2017 10:00 PM GMT
No, not yet. Cue Card probably would have won the Charlie Hall had he not fallen. On the other hand I'd agree if you'd said Coneygree would be best retired,...the horse is fragile.
Report IrisDeBalme November 8, 2017 10:47 AM GMT
Yes totally agree - should NOT be retired... bar a fall - think he will be in top 3 in Betfair Chase

I think the thread should read "CUE CARD - Time for a new Jockey"
Report Desmond Orchard November 8, 2017 12:29 PM GMT
I agree with The Dragon, he's tipping up too often for comfort now, I'm finding it hard to enjoy his races. I love the horse and think he has done enough, a fabulous servant to stable, owners and fans alike.
He'll never win a Gold Cup now and he's won everything else, so what else is there?
Let him munch polos in a field, a fall like Saturday's could easily end him.
Report The Dragon November 10, 2017 5:08 PM GMT
i agrre desmomnd , have been a massive fan over the yeras and what a wonderful horse. My herat is in my mouth evertytime i sse him jump a fence now. He owes noything to anyone let him retire gracefully before he gets injured
Report dunlaying November 10, 2017 5:43 PM GMT
Hear here.
Report impossible123 November 10, 2017 5:47 PM GMT
If he falls again in his next race,...a trip to 'specsavers' and/or retire. I think Cue Card could still beat horses like Outlander, Coneygree, Blaklion and Minella Rocco; he was going ok in the Charlie Hall when he fell.
Report The Dragon November 10, 2017 6:07 PM GMT
yes but he fell and he keeps on doing it . his jumping used to be impeccable its not anymore ,, any fool can see his time has gone time for the owners and trainers to grow a pair and let him retire gracefuully his fans and the horse deserve it!
Report firstimevisor November 10, 2017 8:35 PM GMT
Why would you retire the horse when he obviously loves what he's doing. He's still one of the best chasers in training.I wouldn't think its much fun for a horse getting turfed out into a field for the rest of his life. Getting fat and people pushing carrots and polo mints down his throat when he could have another year or two as an elite athlete. He'll be retired,and bored, for long enough when the time comes.
Report sageform November 11, 2017 9:01 AM GMT
If he gets beaten out of sight then yes, but a fall can happen to any of them.
Report FOYLESWAR November 11, 2017 9:33 AM GMT
in t2 camps here still think cue card has a big race in him somewhere ,could be another betfair similar to kauto star when he defied age and expectations to regain it ,on the other hand the jumping is a concern but that last blip was said to be low sun the cause ,dont think connections would let him carry on if he indicated that he was not enjoying it .
Report sageform November 12, 2017 3:07 PM GMT
Theatre Guide has had many more hard races than Cue Card but still ran a blinder under top weight on Saturday.
Report dunlaying November 12, 2017 4:56 PM GMT
Something is hurting the horse. At Ascot last season he looked as if he wanted to down tools and we know he has heart.
Report The Dragon November 13, 2017 11:04 AM GMT
tbh i wd be surprised if he won another top flight race
Report The Dragon November 13, 2017 11:08 AM GMT
last 3 races f2f says it all really
Report sageform November 14, 2017 7:36 PM GMT
No way will I oppose him at Haydock. If he gets well beaten there I might accept that he is on the wane.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now