Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
IrisDeBalme
31 Oct 17 09:47
| Topic/replies: 1,933 | Blogger: IrisDeBalme's blog
May not be the obvious choice with CONEYGREE and CUE CARD declared ... but the top 2 go there on there reputations and both have question marks over them.  Cue Card was beaten in this last year... and CONEYGREE has had his problems... despite him on a good mark now.

I do like BLACKLION and BRISTOL DE MAI... think they will be big talking horses this season.. . But not sure this is the race to catch them.

The horse I like is DEFINATELY RED 12/1. Has course form, beat Blaklion and he has a very good first time out record, albeit on easier  races.  The ground will be to his liking and think this race will be right up his street.

Good luck.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View CHARLIE HALL CHASE - DEFINATELY RED 12/1
Show More
Report 1st time poster October 31, 2017 8:59 AM GMT
althougt through the amount of media time he gets Ellison would have you believe you cant see the clock on the mantle piece because of the hennesy ,fighting fifth,ebor,northumberland plate,melbourne, chester cup,etc trophies,but in reality if its a named histotric race Ellison is one of the 1st names you can cross of the list ,imo
Report BarryM October 31, 2017 11:31 AM GMT
Are the weights published anywhere? I know Conygree won't have a penalty but not exactly sure of the terms. Neither racing post or sportinglife site has the weights up yet
Report woodmanchester October 31, 2017 11:55 AM GMT
Got a couple of National horses intended runners, both already mentioned. Looking for boosts re-Aintree
Report IrisDeBalme October 31, 2017 11:58 AM GMT
CONEYGREE on 6lb less than CUE CARD... still thinks he may need the run.. but clearly weight favours the fave.
Report woodmanchester October 31, 2017 12:00 PM GMT
Think 6lb will make little difference. Slight mistake, it counts for nothing
Report BarryM October 31, 2017 12:52 PM GMT
Coneygree has never made a slight mistake in his life Woodmanchester. There's a first time for everything of course but I wouldn't be worrying about that, the one thing he can do is jump. 6lb is a big concession if he is properly fit, but the way he races he needs to be.
Report BarryM October 31, 2017 12:55 PM GMT
If you are aiming at the national the last thing you'd want to do is run too well in a G2 in Oct and ruin your handicap. For that reason I wouldn't expect too much of Blacklion. Definitely Red is being aimed at the Gold Cup though, they are trying with him. BDM has Haydock as his main target and might need this to put him spot on according to trainer. He also has to give 6lb to Conygree, on a galloping track, which he can't if C is fit.
Report woodmanchester October 31, 2017 1:08 PM GMT
Cheers Barry. I'm no expert but just think a couple of bags of sugar would make no difference to the strength of a 3 mile steeplechaser. It's neatly tucked away in a little plate Happy
Report woodmanchester October 31, 2017 1:12 PM GMT
I know about warming up for the National. It was considered a good trial if Red Rum finished a 25 lengths last in preps! LaughWink
Report ReaseHeath October 31, 2017 6:14 PM GMT
Sara Bradstock quoted in the paper as follows today:

'He'll come on for the race - he would n't be at peak fitness - but he's in good nick.'

I've not seen the trainer quotes about Bristol De Mai you refer to Barry but he was declared and then a non runner at Stratford 10 days ago due to the ground so you'd think if he was fit enough then he might be a bit fitter now - though this is a tougher assignment.

BDM would be my pick at this stage - hard to believe he's still only 6yo and I just think there's more to come from him - room for improvement in his jumping on occasion though and it would be a worry that Coneygree might force an error or two from him if approaching the race with his usual gusto.

I suppose the drying ground is a potential concern for both Coneygree and BDM (at least as far as their connections are concerned)

So, as per, enough unknowns at this stage to make it prudent to wait for the final decs for me.
Report The Dragon October 31, 2017 10:00 PM GMT
dr best priced at 8/1 now
Report dunlaying November 1, 2017 10:52 AM GMT
Cue Card can put in a bad one , fit or otherwise. Coneygree is likely to find the ground too quick . Sizing Codelco could go to Ascot along with Village Vic.
Therefore it might pay to take a chance with a big priced runner e/w. What about Virgilio? He will go on the ground , stays and has mixed it with classy types before. The market suggests he is a doubtful starter but for small stakes I think it is worth the risk.20/1 at present.
Report woodmanchester November 2, 2017 3:04 PM GMT
Topped up Blaklion and Definitly Red for the National before Saturday
Report woodmanchester November 4, 2017 3:24 PM GMT
Never thought the Coneygree/Cue Card hype was going to materialise

Very happy with my two National horses
Report woodmanchester November 4, 2017 4:01 PM GMT
With respect Barry if the market leaders had carried a stone less, would have made no difference
Report IrisDeBalme November 5, 2017 6:41 AM GMT
But annoyed with DR slight bump with Cue Card but don't think he would have troubled the winner

On a serious point though think Cue Card needs another jockey, Paddy has ridden the horse so many times now and seems to be his regular falling pilot... the horse still retains his ability and whatever the excuse.. if put someone else on board...
Report IrisDeBalme November 5, 2017 6:46 AM GMT
I think will show a marked improvement...

Tizzards must have doubts about the jockey...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now