Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
montgomery brewster
17 Oct 17 09:11
| Topic/replies: 123 | Blogger: montgomery brewster's blog
Anyone know the plan for this horse. I see he's being quoted in the foxhunters antepost list.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Killultah vic
Show More
Report impossible123 October 17, 2017 9:42 AM BST
The last public piece of news regarding Killultagh Vic was he'd suffered a ligament/tendon injury as a result of the split after the last fence in the last race he won. He was also supposed to be trained for the autumn big races after missing Cheltenham. However, in a phone-in with Champman Atr prior to Cheltenham, someone rang purporting to have inside info to say he'd suffered an injury which would require a very long rest, and it could be career ending ie he might not race again.

I think it is best to wait for his return on a racecourse prior to any investment knowing the connections.
Report Fabulous October 17, 2017 11:09 PM BST
He's due to run in an open in a few weeks last I heard, and if he stays sound, then The Foxhunter is apparently the aim
Report Fabulous November 6, 2017 5:25 PM GMT
Brewster, from RP, for info......

There was light at the end of the tunnel for followers of Killultagh Vic as Colin McBratney, who has been assisting with the recovery of the Grade 1 winner, reported on Monday that the talented chaser has made a full recovery and will return to Willie Mullins’ yard on Wednesday.

He said: “Killultagh Vic is doing well and is heading to Willie on Wednesday – he’s ready to step forward now to the next stage.

“He had a crack on his pelvis as well as a suspensory injury but he’s fully recovered and has done plenty of work – we’re very happy with him.”

Absent since January 2016, when somehow winning a Grade 2 novice chase at Leopardstown after all but coming down at the last under Ruby Walsh, Killultagh Vic is 7-1 favourite for the St James’s Place Foxhunter at Cheltenham in March.

However, when asked whether hunter chasing beckons for a horse who beat Thistlecrack on his final start over hurdles at Punchestown in 2015 and has earned a rating of 153 over fences, McBratney responded: “I don’t think so, not at the moment.

“That was a possibility at one stage but the way things have progressed this past month would suggest he still has plenty of ability. If he stays right I can see him doing better things.

“He’s a very classy horse and is still only eight. There’s plenty of time to go hunter chasing with him.”
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now