Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
barnesey
27 Sep 17 09:49
| Topic/replies: 139 | Blogger: barnesey's blog
Only 7 weeks to go until the first big betting handicap of the national hunt season and the appetite for the new national hunt season is well and truly upon us with the Chepstow meeting only 2 weeks away!

I love this race and am attending this year so looking to get 2 or 3 onside before the day. I haven't heard any concrete plans for potential runners in this but last years winner Taquin du seuil reported to be staying over hurdles. The 4th that day Aso was unlucky but future performances may leave him badly handicapped although he is 50/1 and if soft ground that will be big!
At the top of the market are second season chasers Shantou village and Le Prezien who I respect at 16/1 and if connections confirm plans for either could easily see them going off a lot shorter! Other second season chasers Politologue, Waiting Patiently and Cloudy Dream would all be interesting if turning up although Cloudy Dream may be too high in the handicap and not sure how Waiting Patiently is after I think he had an injury last year. If Politologue is still on 150 and this is muted as a target I will definitely be adding him at 20/1
The 2 I've done so far each way just for a few quid at the moment are Brother Tedd and Bouvreuil..............On a line through Shantou Village and a race which Phillip Hobbs likes to target I like Brother Tedd at 33/1 he should be at the right end of the handicap and with a neck to find with Shantou village from their last run at sandown he represents value at double the price.
I've also always thought Bouvreuil had one of these big 2 and a half mile handicap chases in him and if the ground is on the good side I think first time out may be best to catch him and have also had a couple of quid on him at 33/1

Thoughts?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Bet Victor Gold Cup
Show More
Report Fabulous September 27, 2017 6:21 PM BST
Good luck Barnesey, I've went with Foxtail Hill at 33's ew. Connections sure to target this, and looks on a great mark.

I'd be interested in Ballyalton as well at this stage, but how he is after injury would have to be taken on trust.
Report unclepuncle September 28, 2017 7:05 PM BST
Two Taffs @ 25/1 would be my initial choice.
Report woodmanchester September 28, 2017 8:35 PM BST
Short-list currently stands:

Politologue
Starchitect
Top Notch
Report Fabulous October 3, 2017 11:39 AM BST
If they get entered, I would be interested in Diamond King, and also Aux Ptit Soins.
Report TheFlyingMuscovite October 16, 2017 4:23 PM BST
I have had a small interest on O O Seven. Won a novice chase at the meeting last year in impressive fashion and am hoping he performs well again the same time this year.
Report pmt October 19, 2017 10:36 PM BST
baron alco is in the betting at 20/1 with bet365 but is a definite non runner, out for  most of the season with a tendon injury.
Report SOULDANCER November 3, 2017 11:36 AM GMT
SAMETEGAL 42.0 on here, chancing that Nicholls doesn't mess this up cos this one is a favourite of mine. One pound higher than when last seen winning Greatwood h'cap chase at Newbury March 2016.
  Certainly owes the owners one after passing up the chance to win the Plate at Festival that year. Running today, wouldn't want him winning too easily and ruining h'cap mark, but back from injury  there's always worry he won't be same horse.
Report deepingfox November 3, 2017 9:02 PM GMT
TULLY EAST I have backed all odds from 40/1, 33/1, 25/1 and current 20/1. Still think 20s with 365 and Spoils is on the big side. Only 6lb up for winning at the Festival, he travelled like a dream in that race, had some trouble in running but still looked like a horse on the up. Loves the track and trip. Nice prep over hurdles, trip too short.
Report nocturnal November 5, 2017 8:26 PM GMT
Somebody wants to back Clan Des Obeaux for a chunk looking at the market on here.

An interesting punt this far out,noted come race day.
Report nocturnal November 6, 2017 12:50 AM GMT
PMT.......Many thanks for heads up,very progressive,hope GM works the oracle and gets him back on the track.

GL
Report ReaseHeath November 6, 2017 4:49 PM GMT
Just some info on Clan Des Obeaux

Nicholls stable tour in the Post today - first key point is that he's had a wind op - however, Nicholls then goes on to state that he'll start in a graduation chase at Kempton next Monday.

Obviously, it would n't be the first time if there were a sudden change of plan - also worth noting that PFN ran Frodon in this last year 7 days after he won at Wincanton.
Report nocturnal November 6, 2017 11:45 PM GMT
Thanks info Rease.......would love to know where he stands in the stable pecking order.

148 looks reasonable,newbury he looked way above average,superb jumping.

No surprise were he to miss this, potentially go on to better things.

Will be following his season closely,cracking prospect.
Report SOULDANCER November 9, 2017 9:17 AM GMT
Sametegal, so well h'capped, couple of years ago I thought he'd be winning this one day. Nicholls talking about the Grand Sefton, though,and price on here suggests he won't be turning up here.
  Go to Aintree instead of Cheltenham, worked out so well for them last time...sarcasm.
Report unclepuncle November 9, 2017 10:44 AM GMT
With Two Taffs not entered I have switched to Tully East @ 16/1.

If he hadn't run in his last two races or you just excuse them (one over an inadequate trip and the other just a pipe opener over hurdles to get him spot on for the this?) he'd surely be favourite?

Long range weather forecast is currently very dry so ground should be no worse than good - though obviously this can change quickly as it did on the day last year!!
Report nocturnal November 13, 2017 3:27 PM GMT
22 left In at 5 day stage......with some notable absentees.
Report sixtwosix November 13, 2017 5:33 PM GMT
Not very many entries is it  , 22 at the five day dec?

Viconte Du Noyer at 20/1 is the one for me.
Travelled like a dream until tiring in his first run this season. Has form over longer distance , but this trip should be fine.
Backed up by Aso also at 20/1 , should be spot on after running against Smad Place at Aintree  , and can improve on last years 4th place.
Report Meat Loaf November 13, 2017 6:16 PM GMT
One I have backed at 260s on here is Splash of Ginge.

He may have completely gone at the game, however often pops up with a win when you least expect it. Has form at the track and looks well handicapped on old form.

In my opinion it looks a really weak race and I can see a seasoned handicapper winning it rather than an up and coming horse.
Report 1st time poster November 13, 2017 7:33 PM GMT
doesn't set the pulse racing does it,could be 16 or less by sat
Report unclepuncle November 13, 2017 8:04 PM GMT
Certainly not a vintage renewal and could easily be 10/1 the field so hard to rule anything out. Plenty of horses who really shouldn't be winning such a prestigious race.

Gold Present (2nd to Tully East at the Festival) is my saver @ 14.5. Won first time out last season so presumably been aimed at this for a while.
Report dunlaying November 14, 2017 11:05 AM GMT
Looking for a plot? What about Bentelimar?
Well weighted on his best form and has only been with Longsden for less than a month. If he found a stone nobody could get done for it.
More realistically Guitar Pete is nicely handicapped as is Plaisir D'Amour. The mare is having her first run of the season though so paddock inspection is essential.
Of the real rags Mystifiable can be given an e/w squeak.
The tightest handicap I have seen for a long time over jumps.
Report 1st time poster November 14, 2017 11:06 AM GMT
unlucky anyone doing their dough on cloudy dream stables secretary entered him in the 3 mile 3 bet victor chase by mistake, Sad, nice to see the game still run by amateurs
Report Ibrahima Sonko November 14, 2017 5:57 PM GMT
Was looking forward to Cloudy Dream hacking up Cry
Report sageform November 14, 2017 7:57 PM GMT
Shame if the entry was made in error but when the races keep changing their names it does not help. Both races named betvictor, both Grade 3 chases run one after the other. The sort of mistake any of us could make.
Report Steamship November 14, 2017 11:32 PM GMT
These races need to have proper names rather than just a sponsors name.
Report unclepuncle November 15, 2017 10:03 AM GMT
I still call it 'The Mackeson'.Laugh
Report 1st time poster November 15, 2017 11:22 AM GMT
still in the scholer chase sunday
Report sixtwosix November 15, 2017 7:09 PM GMT
Always be the Mackeson to me .....Massey Ferguson in a couple of weeks  and the Hennessey .Cool
Report Callisto-moon November 15, 2017 11:34 PM GMT
win laying ballyalton
Place laying fully East.
Report unclepuncle November 16, 2017 11:21 AM GMT
Gold Present not declared.Cry
Report Ibrahima Sonko November 16, 2017 10:09 PM GMT
On my shortlist too uncle, Looks like another aintree careerer.

Le Prezien
Tully East
Foxtail Hill

are my 3, not really.

Will be laying Starchitect for every market possible, the horse is a chancer. Been tried over every distance but none of them showed improvement. good horse but a 140 one.
Report FELTFAIR November 18, 2017 10:42 AM GMT
Backed Starchitect each way five places.
Report Autocue November 18, 2017 11:44 AM GMT
Plaisir D'Amour EW 25/1 5 places. She showed guts at Newbury and I like the way she attacked the Cheltenham fences last April.
Report 1st time poster November 18, 2017 2:34 PM GMT
LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL.
top bombing,doff my cap sir
Report Why so serious? November 18, 2017 2:34 PM GMT
Well done Meatloaf.Great shout
Report unclepuncle November 18, 2017 2:39 PM GMT
WD Meatloaf - great shout.

Unlucky Feltfair - slow jumps at the last two made the difference.

Thought Tully East was sure to be involved turning in but he went out like a light.
Report sixtwosix November 18, 2017 4:14 PM GMT
Very well done Meat Loaf.
Report olddesperado November 18, 2017 7:44 PM GMT
great shout meatloaf,  great price too,   260 wow.
Report nocturnal November 19, 2017 7:30 AM GMT
Superb shout Meatloaf.......enjoy.
Report SOULDANCER November 19, 2017 9:47 AM GMT
Well done Meat Loaf...epic.

Another great decision by Nicholls, not running Sametegal....beat yesterday's winner by 50 lengths last time. What a bucket of nonsense.
Report SOULDANCER November 19, 2017 10:09 AM GMT
20 lengths....but still!
Report sageform November 19, 2017 11:18 AM GMT
How do you know that Sametegal was fit?
Report SOULDANCER November 19, 2017 11:59 AM GMT
Because Nicholls said he was going for Grand Sefton not this race.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now