Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
betilyerded
12 Sep 17 18:33
| Topic/replies: 777 | Blogger: betilyerded's blog
Im going in again on Nakeeta after his Ebor win and confirmation that he is going for the race. He has such a similar profile to Heartbreak City in that they were 2nd and 1st respectively in the 2mile York handicap the previous season, flopped in both the Cesarewich and Chester Cup and then won the Ebor off 103.

Ive backed him to win on here at 85-1 but will take the 33-1 e/w nearer the time. C'mon Nakeeta!!!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Melbourne Cup 2017
Show More
Report impossible123 September 12, 2017 8:26 PM BST
Will Order Of St George go? He's ducked it for 3 conservative years (I believe) but once again he's been allocated top weight.
Report betilyerded September 13, 2017 5:09 PM BST
It would appear not according to RP. One less to worry about!
Report pleasedontgetinjuredclanroyal September 20, 2017 1:06 PM BST
listened to aussie radio from Flemington Saturday morning and commentator reckoned ventura storm ( 33s hills corals ladcrooks

1/4 odds 4 places ) ran a fine trial for the big one
Report impossible123 September 20, 2017 9:03 PM BST
OoSG could go if he seems not to be getting his preferred ground (good to soft/soft) in the Arc - decent weather forecast, at the moment. When is quarantine, before 1st Oct?
Report ElT September 21, 2017 12:29 PM BST
9 of the last 11 Melbourne Cups were run on good ground. I don´t see OoSG going there.

Rekindling at the weights would be really interesting. Tiberian has the best European form from the already quaranteed horses. Can´t say much about the true AUS/NZ horses, except a lot of people seem to like the NZ mare Bonneval.

I think the weights might still sell Almandin short. Won the Listed race at Flemington as easy as you like, while carrying 61kgs. I think that is a proper European Gr.1 horse, who was lightly raced and setback by injuries. On his 4th start he easily beat Protectionist in a Gr.2 in Germany. In France he finished 2nd to Solow on only his 2nd start. Lightly raced seven year old, son of Monsun, unbeaten over 1m3f+, no two year injury lay-off this time around. Good chance he becomes the 5th horse to win B2B imho.
Report betilyerded October 1, 2017 12:26 PM BST
Skybet going NRNB 1/4 odds first 6 for the race now.

Tried sticking £30 e/w on Nakeeta but can only have £16 e/w. First time Ive been knocked back by Skybet tbh but still think thats good value.
Report RozelKid October 15, 2017 1:26 AM BST
Dont know if anyone watched any of the races at Caulfield in the early hours of this morning - it was interesting to see Hugo Palmer's Wall Of Fire put in a good run - I was impressed when it came from so far off the pace in that firm going - Flemington bound to suit with the step up in trip.

I've noticed that owners seem to be on a mission to win the Cup as they will also be represented by Hughie Morrison's Marmelo - the owners Mr A Kheir Et Al/P Mehrten Et Al have  bought into these 2 horses throughout this year and they both have massive chances ino.

Both priced at 16/1/20/1 - both have the right profile imo.
Report Somerset Sam October 16, 2017 7:32 AM BST
Can anyone confirm Pricewises recent selections for the race?
Report ReaseHeath October 16, 2017 9:46 AM BST
Pricewise tipped Amelie's Star 1pt win (12/1 generally) and Thomas Hobson 1pt ew (33/1 B365, 25/1 B e tway, 20/1 generally) last Thursday...
Report SaveTheWhales. November 2, 2017 10:23 PM GMT
How would you rate Johannes Vermeers european accomplishments compared to where Almandin was 12 months ago? JV has put in two sparkling trials since arriving in Aus
Report betilyerded November 4, 2017 12:38 PM GMT
Anyone know if the bookmakers sites will be streaming the race online. Ive backed nakeeta with Skybet which, as they are owned by Sky who also own ATR will suely have the rights to show it. If not anyone any idea how to watch it if you dont have satellite TV?
Report Joel November 5, 2017 6:56 AM GMT
You should be able to watch it on racing.com if their system can cope
Report lead on November 5, 2017 10:53 AM GMT
Are Skybet still owned by Sky?
Report RozelKid November 5, 2017 1:25 PM GMT
Marmello, Wall of Fire ,Rekindling, Amelies Star

Boxing these 4 in various combos

had ew singles ew on Marmello & Wall Of Fire at the above mentioned prices.

Great race - gl everyone
Report Callisto-moon November 5, 2017 10:59 PM GMT
any draw bias here?
Report unclepuncle November 6, 2017 11:14 AM GMT
Almandin win @ 10
Libran e/w @ 50

GL
Report johnnyrant November 6, 2017 11:58 AM GMT
Tiberian the class act in the field but drawn in the car park Cry MC so much about pace of race & positioning. Just hope they don't crawl round as can happen - turns into a sprint off the final bend. Good luck all.
Report IrisDeBalme November 6, 2017 2:40 PM GMT
Agree with OP on Nakeeta... main issue for me is English horses record in this race? I think Im gonna stick to an Australian  horse... CISMONTANE 50/1 received penalty for winning a race a few days ago... but actually does have some decent form to his name. Hope a nicks a place, PP paying top 6
Report FELTFAIR November 6, 2017 5:59 PM GMT
Just returned from my Portugese retreat where I was able to watch the Breeders Cup and thank goodness I had no access to Betfair.

Back in time for the Melbourne Cup and have backed Thomas Hobson, Rekindling and Wall of Fire all each way four places.Not happy with Thomas Hobson draw but just hoping for the best.
Report Facts November 6, 2017 7:29 PM GMT
Almandin and Wall Of Fire
Report betilyerded November 7, 2017 6:23 AM GMT
WD Feltair.

Thought Nakeeta ran a blinder from that draw with all the others drawn low - only one to come from behind. paid out on 1st 6 so happy with that but also very proud of the horse and connections for giving it a go.
Report RozelKid November 7, 2017 7:22 AM GMT
I think its safe to say that whilst they have alot of depth , with the quality of horses they train , the O'Brien family are creme of worldwide G1 racing when it comes to training horses for a particular day in big races.

It must be more than just professionalism with how they manage their yards - when they have a plan for a particular race its a rare occurrence that their expectations are not met.

Absolute class !
Report Biscar Two from a mile back November 7, 2017 5:44 PM GMT
How is it handicapped , international rating or Oz handicapper gives them a mark ?
Report Jack Bauer '24' November 7, 2017 6:43 PM GMT
Victoria Racing Club handicapper decides the weight.
Report Biscar Two from a mile back November 7, 2017 6:54 PM GMT
given the result I take it he's misjudged the european form , is that the consensus ?
Report acey deucy November 10, 2017 6:49 PM GMT
Yip,heads will roll for that **** up.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now