Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
09 Jul 18 13:40
| Topic/replies: 29,611 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
went in to have a fc bet this early afternoon to be told be that i am sp only fine i said the bet is sp its a fc bet yeah but you are sp only lol
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View a new one from william hill betting...
Show More
Report privatehire July 9, 2018 1:57 PM BST
Hills shops are unreal. U can hardly get a bet with them, n now they pick ur selections for u. The new craze. From wen shop opens. Special 1 up to special 46 Laugh fackin nuts. Both teams to score, 2 corners each half, more than 4 bookings, all 6 subs to be used 14/1, maximum a tenner. Give the game up ur gone.
Report superjudge July 9, 2018 5:00 PM BST
lets get it right private there all fecking useless.will not go anywhere near a betting shop no more cant stand the aggro
Report privatehire July 9, 2018 5:09 PM BST
I wont disagree superjudge. As u say we only want a bet but its all ag as u say.90% of my business is on machine now.
Report ronnie rails July 9, 2018 7:41 PM BST
DR
hope you are well
been in the game many years sad to say nothing surprises me about staff
worked in a shop a couple of weeks ago the manager yes manager said you will have to put the  bets of this punter down as monitored I said has he been winning a few quid he said yes he has he had 4 numbers on the irish up .
so the guy comes up with his 2 x3 bets the manager said to me DONT FORGET TO MONITOR THEM
have a good evening
regards
Ronnie.
Report track record July 9, 2018 8:53 PM BST
pmsl

in a joe bazookas
a guy asks how much will I win if I put £100 on at 2/1 on
girl said hold on i will find out / wheres my calculator

i got impatient and said its half of a hundred / girl said still cant find my calculator
i was getting impatient so volunteered "you must know what half of a hundred is "

girl said "the manager is out and when hes out im the manager and if you start being funny i will ban you"

ffs
Report devilsadvocate July 9, 2018 9:01 PM BST
Recently got paid £43.00 for £10 at 10/3. When I told CA 'thats not right' she showed me the screen with the settlement on and would'nt entertain any dissent !!
Report Ravage Again July 10, 2018 12:33 AM BST
You should have told her to fook off

As she can't fully ban you and can only half ban you Laugh
Report wondersobright July 10, 2018 10:18 AM BST

Jul 9, 2018 -- 2:53PM, track record wrote:

pmslin a joe bazookas a guy asks how much will I win if I put £100 on at 2/1 ongirl said hold on i will find out / wheres my calculatori got impatient and said its half of a hundred / girl said still cant find my calculatori was getting impatient so volunteered "you must know what half of a hundred is "girl said "the manager is out and when hes out im the manager and if you start being funny i will ban you"ffs

Laugh

Report Wildcat Army. July 10, 2018 10:53 AM BST
They have greyhounds on the SSBT's in shops, you can use those to get the prices that you orginally would online on certain greyhound markets.
Report wondersobright July 10, 2018 1:03 PM BST
that must be new then wildcat I will have a look next time
Report dr . atkins July 10, 2018 1:46 PM BST
its spins and sends it to trader and if someone bets same dog near the shop you in cuts the bet
Report Stowhound July 11, 2018 11:14 PM BST
went into  a hills shop some years ago to have a bet in a sittingbourne race where lets say the show was not 100% representative of the actual chances. i wanted a 1x4x5 conb fc and tc comb. I said to the girl you look lucky pick me 3 numbers in this next race at sitters, she said 1x3x5, i said im not a fan of the number 3 can i change  that to 4 my lucky number??? she laughed and said ok. i wrote out a £10 comb fc and tc bet £120 stake.......as she went to ring it up i said stop i think you have a very lucky face im going to change that to £100 fc and tc comb stake £1200 she said your mad...i said you only live once....she took the the bet. oi oi, thats how you get on
Report Wildcat Army. July 12, 2018 10:06 AM BST
It does go to trader on the ssbt's if the stake exceeds the limits that are set into the system.  What limits are there on dogs ?  I have no idea, these vary from sport to sport.  I've been able to get £200 to £300 on the rugby league on there no problems but then basketball limits are a lot less and American Horse racing went to trader for £40 at 6/4 one evening so it varies.

And Dr.Atkins is correct in a way, the machine doesn't automatically cut the price if multiple people bet on the same selection nearby, it will be just done by a trader as the SSBT prices are just the same as onine.  I think the machines are linked somewhere so for example, 2 machines in a shop, the limit is £200 on a certain selection, you can't have £200 on machine 1 and then £200 on Machine 2 straight after without it going to trader.  But if you leave it 5/10 minutes or so then you can have £200 on again as the machine resets itself to think it is a new customer after a certain length of time.  You will just probably get a phone call to the shop to ask about who placed those bets.

If you want to try and work out the limits for future use, just put £20 on your selection, then another £20 and another etc... eventually it will refer your bet to trader once the limit has been reached but you will have an idea of how much you can get on before it goes to trader.  Be warned, the traders are terrible... either having breakfast, fast asleep, or watching Jeremy Kyle, I have had to wait ten minutes in some instances for the bet to be granted or refused.
Report dr . atkins July 12, 2018 10:19 AM BST
its all about shop staff went into a high st shop yesterday morning looking at prices for romford kid manager calls me over said look at valur v rosenborg champions leag saw valur were 11t2 on coupon 4.5 on here max stake 100 said how much can i have it for as much as you want per coupon plus on hcp +1 was 9t5 was 1.9 on here i was shops were full of managers like him
Report Wildcat Army. July 12, 2018 10:26 AM BST
Laddies shop ?  They are the only ones I know who have the +1 markets on their 5 a side coupon.
Report dr . atkins July 12, 2018 11:03 AM BST
nope they don't do early prices at romford
Report Wildcat Army. July 12, 2018 12:16 PM BST
My bad... must be PP.
Report Ravage Again July 12, 2018 12:31 PM BST
Wildcat which bookmaker are you talking about please regarding these ssbt machines and getting bets on the dogs?
Report dr . atkins July 12, 2018 12:47 PM BST
ravage again  william hill have a look thru the thread you don't have to be hercule poirot Laugh
Report Ravage Again July 13, 2018 1:13 AM BST
Well I know hills was in the title and mentioned in dome of them replies but then other bookies were mentioned as well

Was hoping it was a different bookie as can still get on okish with hills in the shops
Report Racecourse Regular July 13, 2018 9:53 PM BST
Football seems a waste of time with Hills now or it was last time I went in prices were all out of kilter
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now