Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
21 Jun 18 14:07
| Topic/replies: 28,220 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
where do they expect greyhounds punters to bet seriously they have not got a scooby-doo about gambling and one of them got a tipping line you could not make it up
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View campaign not to bet on betfair lol
Show More
Report sparrow June 21, 2018 2:29 PM BST
Whose campaign and why?
Report irishone June 21, 2018 2:35 PM BST
I'm in , had a great cheltenham and only one decent bet since , no worries here about walking away , 1000% per cent.
Report privatehire June 21, 2018 2:48 PM BST
100% doc. Gettin even harder on machine as well. People are deluded if they think greyhound punters will give up betfair. Think i got about 8 on card at crayford. Thought about it a lot last couple o months wether to buy any more. Got so bad. Tried to get £600 on a dog the other day. Spent hour n a half runnin about got a 1,er on.
Report sparrow June 21, 2018 3:31 PM BST
Can someone please tell us what this is all about. Or is it a secret?
Report privatehire June 21, 2018 3:34 PM BST
Maybe something to do with betfair not paying into the fund sparrow.
Report sparrow June 21, 2018 3:40 PM BST
I gathered that ph but who is organising this and is there some information about how they propose to proceed?
By the way, I raised this issue myself with betfair 5 years ago in one of their Question & Answer sessions they used to hold. Nobody else seemed the least bit bothered at the time. I will see if I can fish out the email.
Report sparrow June 21, 2018 3:42 PM BST
Here is the email from 2013.

I would like to ask why the company no longer pays a contribution to greyhound racing despite using the sport as part of it's business.
I am aware of the excuse that some other internet competitors do not pay, but am surprised you would drag yourselves down to their level. In the past betfair had a good relationship with the sport and it does the company no favours to behave in such a way now.
Report dr . atkins June 21, 2018 3:49 PM BST
the reason betair give is that not everybody pays into the fund so why should they plus its a voluntary fund.the answer to this is easy make it compulsory and that will bring it all to an end
Report privatehire June 21, 2018 3:52 PM BST
I dont know who,s behind it sparrow. I av seen the video the trainers n owners put together. They single out betfair all the time. There are others that dont pay n some that dont pay enough. Think betfair calling for all companys to be audited on the amount of greyhound business they have and to pay the correct amount. Looks like another delaying tactic. It defo has to get sorted. Imo wont be anytime soon.
Report sparrow June 21, 2018 4:29 PM BST
That has been the case for more than 5 years as I pointed out in 2013 dr. I was talking to myself at the time as no one else bothered to put the case to betfair then. It appears everyone has woken up now it's probably too late.
Report dr . atkins June 21, 2018 5:28 PM BST
think freds and hills dont pay the full whack
Report Deepdale Dreamer June 21, 2018 9:48 PM BST
Go on twitter. Its all there under pay up betfair. Couple of trainers and kennel hands involved in it
Report Deepdale Dreamer June 21, 2018 9:49 PM BST
@payupbetfair

Payupbetfair.com
Report garryc June 21, 2018 10:20 PM BST
anybody campaigning telling people not to bet on betfair obviously can get bets on anywhere they like unlike us people who would be lost without it as we cant get a bet on with the books
Report casemoney June 21, 2018 10:37 PM BST
Must be a Million gone from the Fund for The GBGB bank of England Offices over the past few years  ,and People are targeting Betfair .. Foooooook Off ,absolutely comedy of the highest Order LaughLaughLaugh
Report casemoney June 21, 2018 10:43 PM BST
Perhaps BF dont Like how the Fund is being used ,  Alternative offices cuold be rented Outside the M25 for 1/4 of the Price ,there is not a fookin track Left in London Yet this Mob are up with the High Rollers in the City ,you cannot fookin
make it Up LaughLaugh
Report irishone June 21, 2018 10:44 PM BST
Please dont tell me thats you on the youtube doc ?

Ffs
Report casemoney June 21, 2018 10:55 PM BST
@movethemofficesthegameisonthefloor   thebankersofthegbgb.com   and that's being kind Grin

Sort out your own Housekeeping before anything else would be my thoughts on the way forward ,,
Report sparrow June 21, 2018 11:17 PM BST
I still know nothing about this campaign and do not use Twitter. Betfair's excuse for non payment was because other offshore firms wouldn't pay and nothing else was stated. If people think that is satisfactory then there is no hope whatsoever. Yes casemoney we know there are other problems but unless the sport can be paid by the people using it for their business the future looks very bleak indeed.
Report casemoney June 21, 2018 11:22 PM BST
Sports been being used by various Types a long time before BF was even heard of , I a agree they should pay

But as I said bundles being absolutely Squandered on People trying keep up some Pathetic Appearance is as bad
Report privatehire June 21, 2018 11:24 PM BST
Sparrow until last couple o weeks i never thought for 1 minute i would outlive this sport. Last couple o weeks began to think i might. Some of the rumblings i heard recently make me fear for northern tracks.
Report casemoney June 21, 2018 11:32 PM BST
Its called Downsizing  any Business Does this , we have seen this with mass track Closures ,yet bundles still being wasted .There should be a full explanation as to the need to be paying top Dollar year in year out for these offices ...

John Mullins asked the Question as Did Derek Knight among many , no answer has ever been provided .
Report sparrow June 21, 2018 11:37 PM BST
Believe me private, when people like myself start to lose interest there must be a serious problem. I don't have more than about 4 bets in a week these days as the racing is so monotonous with nothing but 2 and 4 bend races served up.
Report casemoney June 21, 2018 11:42 PM BST
Its dreadful Sparrow , I would enjoy a night watching without a bet or a silly multi , I hardly bother watching

I cannot believe how things have gone, I was always really a One Tracker ,the Demise of the Don was the start of

my loss of Interest, Although I enjoyed 3 nights on RP fri/sat and sunday ,there is nowt left . Beyond Belief tbh
Report sparrow June 21, 2018 11:42 PM BST
This sort of publicity from a few weeks ago isn't helping either.

https://news.sky.com/story/greyhound-deaths-reveal-dark-side-to-dog-racing-11362388
Report casemoney June 21, 2018 11:45 PM BST
When the City Closed, I Became Derby only for a Few years Till The Don got me Hooked .Looks Like thats where I am back at
as Bad as the Derby is .
Report sparrow June 21, 2018 11:47 PM BST
To be honest case in the winter months I prefer to bet on the American Horse Racing than the dogs now. I never thought that such a thing could happen with me but it has and I'm sure many others have stopped bothering. All in all it's a great shame when we think back to what we were used to in our earlier days.
Report casemoney June 21, 2018 11:50 PM BST
I didn't see that Sparrow Sad I know the Best of Owners Mate ,sadly I have also known a few of the Worse over the years .

But I will leave that as it is , with the Current Fodder racing things can only get Worse Sad
Report privatehire June 22, 2018 12:17 AM BST
Sadly lads i av to agree. Making trip down for gold collar nxt week. Get out house for couple o days. Dont mind crayford. Wish it was still at catford.
Report Deepdale Dreamer June 29, 2018 4:19 PM BST
The campaign has been suspended because Betfair/Paddy Power have come to the table and started talking to Mark Bird of the GBGB. Hopefully they will start paying into the welfare fund sooner rather than later
Report sparrow June 29, 2018 5:04 PM BST
Are we allowed to bet again now?
Report privatehire June 29, 2018 7:12 PM BST
Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now