Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
05 Jun 18 18:16
| Topic/replies: 28,651 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
tonight's cast omg what the fcks going on with this show if they are trying to lose viewers they are doing a outstanding job
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View when you think rpgt can't go any lower
Show More
Report Aladdin Sane June 5, 2018 6:23 PM BST
I was just about to post the same Doc. Flicked on for a couple of secs and have turned off a couple of seconds later. In terms of presenting a greyhound show for television the quality of it is so poor it’s cringeworthy.  If it’s remit is about trying to generate turnover and encouraging people to bet then why not just show the races with betting shows without any personnel involved? I might watch then!
Report Captain carnage June 5, 2018 6:23 PM BST
I would be less horrified at 3am in a dark wood in the middle of snowdonia watching the Whicker Man.
Report Captain carnage June 5, 2018 6:24 PM BST
The producer a secret anti?
Report Captain carnage June 5, 2018 6:28 PM BST
The wicked witch of the west still has the ill fitting penguin jacket on from Saturday and on the hottest day of the year she has put a big woollen C & A jumper under it.

Living rough?
Report Aladdin Sane June 5, 2018 6:29 PM BST
Makes you wonder doesn’t it Captain? How can whoever is in charge of the thing watch that and be satisfied with the quality of what’s going out..
Report garryc June 5, 2018 6:56 PM BST
yea its downhill tonight,that young girl whispers and she would make a presenter nervous to ask her a question,mute button all night methinks
Report wondersobright June 5, 2018 7:03 PM BST
cant stand the pushing of this pathetic agenda regarding women on TV

if they are not their on merit they shouldn't be there at all & same goes for men of which there are plenty who fall into that category as well
Report wondersobright June 5, 2018 7:04 PM BST
*there on merit
Report Captain carnage June 5, 2018 7:08 PM BST
More life and energy in a conversation between Charlie Lister and Huw Edwards at the local Costa Coffee.
Report Captain carnage June 5, 2018 7:09 PM BST
I think the pale/quiet bird has gone.
Report dieselten June 5, 2018 7:50 PM BST
The blame is all with Clive Lawrence totally clueless.
Report the.mad.dog.man June 5, 2018 7:52 PM BST
who cares who on the show i only want to watch the dogs
Report LoyalHoncho June 5, 2018 8:02 PM BST
We can agree then wonders.  Even worse is the sight of someone drooling and slavering all over his t-shirt in the name of entertainment.
Report Captain carnage June 5, 2018 8:12 PM BST
They obviously haven't got the required number of ethnic minorities/h'capped on the show so they fill it with
any woman in the UK who can correctly name the coloured jacket of at least 4 of the 6 trap numbers.
Report Captain carnage June 5, 2018 8:13 PM BST
Rose - `This tynwald storm ran really well on its first start at the track last week' blah blah blah.

Ffs its run 8 times at Sheffield. Putrid aint even the start of it.
Report Captain carnage June 5, 2018 8:16 PM BST
`Everone seems interested in sprints now rather than the marathons and staying races. Maybe we are breeding too much for early pace now'.  It really is pathetic.
Report track record June 5, 2018 8:28 PM BST
its a joke

a bad one
Report devilsadvocate June 5, 2018 8:31 PM BST
I feel everyones frustration but lets face it its a show sponsored by bookmakers that would rather have eye candy with inane opinions than insightful presenters. Like others, I watch it with the volume OFF,
Report track record June 5, 2018 8:31 PM BST
its soooo  bad
Report dartinggreyhound June 5, 2018 8:41 PM BST
They are youngsters in the sport !! is this not what we want ?? Seems a lot of keyboard warriors on here and would like to see what they would say if they were on the channel.
Report Captain carnage June 5, 2018 8:55 PM BST
`darting' how can you possibly defend it. I can honestly say I am stunned. It is soul destroying this is allowed in TV. It will turn people away form the sport. I have never seen anything so bad in 40 years. If there was someone drunk or rude on the show it would be funny for a few minutes. This is soules dour crappp. No insight, no humour, no analysis, long faces, utter carp.

If Rose wants to be in media go into print - she will never make it on TV. The other girl I am sure is excellent around dogs but she is providing zero insight into anything. Its worse than car crash TV.
Report mint June 5, 2018 8:59 PM BST
She worked ok with that Albert dog captain mug just put your £1  on and watch mug
Report casemoney June 5, 2018 9:40 PM BST
Bar the couple of Opens the Graded is just Dross .Programmes is hardly worth watching anyomre very poor racing on nightly stupid start time,  I have no interest in the tracks covered anymore
Report Ravage Again June 6, 2018 12:05 AM BST
I still in favour of my suggestion off having a nice bird presenting with a few strategically placed trap numbers placed

And if that trap number wins you pull it off to revel everything

Just think of the incentive to prepare a level track with no bias

So it's a win win situation Laugh
Report Winja June 6, 2018 7:31 AM BST
that idea already has copyright ravage.....I think its a peanut company from the 1970's......
Report irishone June 8, 2018 6:54 AM BST
Dont watch at all now
Report SUNDERLAND GREYHOUND EXPERT June 8, 2018 11:03 AM BST
Please stop all this,the programme is what it is,low cost ,what more can you expect from a bookmaker funded production.Just accept it.
Report the.mad.dog.man June 8, 2018 2:39 PM BST
that know all clarke think hes a film star since hes been on the showLaughLaughLaugh
Report wondersobright June 8, 2018 9:34 PM BST
why is brough on instead of crayford tomorrow?
Report sparrow June 8, 2018 9:52 PM BST
Because of Hove cancelling Saturday's for the next 3 weekends Crayford is switching to SIS to replace it. As a result of all that Newcastle takes Crayford's place for those dates.
Report casemoney June 8, 2018 10:04 PM BST
Plain
Report casemoney June 8, 2018 10:04 PM BST
Why no Hove saturday Night ?
Report sparrow June 8, 2018 10:19 PM BST
Shortage of runners casemoney. It's the lead story in the RP today.
Report sparrow June 8, 2018 10:24 PM BST
Hove have cancelled racing for the next three Saturdays.

New stadiums controller Ian Smyth said: “We are doing so on welfare grounds due to a shortage of runners. We are already under pressure with a low kennel strength, a large number of bitches are in season, as happens at this time of the year, and of course we have had the situation with Claude Gardiner.

“It is very sad that he lost a dog through illness. We are awaiting the post mortem, though the provisional diagnosis suggests that it is that it is a case of pneumonia. The other two dogs affected are apparently showing signs of recovery, and hopefully we are over the worst.

“The best solution seemed to be to cancel the three Saturdays and compensate anybody who has booked. I am aware that we have had too many five-dog races recently, and I am working on long term solutions to increase our kennel strength. In the meantime, this should buy us some breathing space.”

The track are expected to announce the appointment of a new trainer in the near future.
Report sparrow June 8, 2018 10:26 PM BST
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/local/16278008.Racing_disrupted_after_greyhou...
Report irishone June 9, 2018 6:40 AM BST
Fair play to them for coming out openly and stating the obvious.

Many came on here and said the word OVERKILL regardin g the increase in races , betting shop tv and rpgtv.

The forum was right ..... For the sake of greed dogs are dying

This aint right at all
Report wondersobright June 9, 2018 10:37 AM BST
cheers sparrow & yes irish 100% spot on, its the dogs that are the losers Sad trouble is when money is involved these counts don't think about dog welfare they think about lining their back pockets
Report casemoney June 9, 2018 2:06 PM BST
Didn't take Long  and will only get worse ,Wonder what the Bright New Era Bisto Mobs thoughts are on it now .
Report casemoney June 9, 2018 2:09 PM BST
Why would they cancel Saturday Evening and not a Mid week meeting ?
Report Deptford June 9, 2018 2:13 PM BST
Utter dross,no point watching ant more, I dont give a flying fook about what they can, cant show, they used to have cracking open racing, it was a good watch, I would rather watch Love Island than this filth
Report starship June 9, 2018 4:24 PM BST
the basis of RPGTV is to show live greyhound racing, which it does.
thats it really, if u dont like the guests put the mute button on.
Report Deptford June 9, 2018 5:00 PM BST
I think everyone has mute on star,its just annoying when we used to watch top class racing, its like Sky deciding to show Bury v Walsall instead of Man City V Liverpool
Report irishone June 9, 2018 9:14 PM BST
All been downhill since the demise of friday nights at romford
Report clacton June 10, 2018 8:13 PM BST
and Thursday at Hove. and Sunday at Henlow.
Report casemoney June 10, 2018 9:11 PM BST
Can only hope for a Change end of tracks  year , Bottom of the Barrel  ,most nights Sad
Report casemoney June 10, 2018 9:12 PM BST
Change of Tracks
Report track record June 11, 2018 5:06 PM BST
I like ravages idea
LaughCool
Report privatehire June 11, 2018 5:29 PM BST
Laugh
Report Ravage Again June 11, 2018 6:09 PM BST
Hey anything for a level playing fields lads Cool

Plus I hate track bias now I don't have a bookie account who I can take juicy early prices on Cry
Report LoyalHoncho June 12, 2018 3:31 PM BST
Agreed.

irishone 09 Jun 18 21:14 Joined: 22 Sep 06 | Topic/replies: 39,069 | Blogger: irishone's blog
All been downhill since the demise of friday nights at romford
Report irishone June 22, 2018 6:42 PM BST
Jees the young gal on tonight
Sure cant commentate to save her life
Why are thenaking a pantomine
Of this great sport ?
Report eyeball June 22, 2018 6:55 PM BST
It has become horrific watching and listening......
Report Captain carnage June 22, 2018 9:23 PM BST
Shes on tuesday and wedensday next week.

She read out an email the other week asking her to stop saying errrm, iirrm, errrm, errm, irrrm, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrmmmmmm, after every word but SHE IS STILL DOING IT.

I cant watch.

I hope ISIS get the producer of the show, it is the least he deserves.
Report Captain carnage June 22, 2018 9:24 PM BST
I honestly want to cry.
Report Captain carnage June 22, 2018 9:26 PM BST
All she does is degrade the programme. Not ger fault. Entirely the fault of the
production staff on the show.

She adds NIL to form analysis, she has a speech disorder, she has no stories to tell. Seriously
WTF. Someone is having a sick joke.
Report casemoney June 22, 2018 9:28 PM BST
Complete Dross Racing ,un watchable never mind who is on ,with the world cup on at same time the viewing figures must be Horrendous.
Report sparrow June 22, 2018 9:47 PM BST
Never watched a single race and couldn't care less who is in the studio either.
Report casemoney June 22, 2018 9:52 PM BST
Sad We used to Like Rom and Henlow Spar Sad
Report sparrow June 22, 2018 9:55 PM BST
Too much concern on media people instead of the actual racing on here case.
Report irishone June 23, 2018 6:14 AM BST
Yes i only pop over to the channel now and then but when i heard yer one last night i could not believe it.
The other night i caught silky and darryl together Darryl : "i have got an email ...george has been back on"
Silky "george ? Is he the only one watching ?"
Report kevo June 23, 2018 11:44 PM BST
I always watched the program with the mute button on but that's just the way I am, although I did actually look forward to the coverage of the open races and top graded races at the various tracks.

But since the rescheduling of the tracks early this year and along with the very poor quality of racing that is now shown I have rapidly lost interest, and recently given up watching at all.
Report irishone June 24, 2018 8:26 AM BST
I think the viewing figures must have taken a massive hit
Report eyeball June 27, 2018 6:40 PM BST
What is wrong with the producers ?

Embarrassing to see .Half the guests can't even read properly and that emm every other word is really beginning to irritate . Like watching Frank Bruno reciting Shakespeare.....
Report Aladdin Sane June 27, 2018 7:34 PM BST
I think that that they have more people in the studio than there are viewers these days.  It is a programme of poor quality presenters who sit alongside poor quality guests and watch poor quality greyhound racing - is it any surprise that people have turned off in their droves?
Report garryc June 27, 2018 7:45 PM BST
it says it all when you watch the program and 90% of the time its on mute unless john coleman or somebody worthwhile is on,everythings went downhill with the show ,also i dare say shes a nice girl but listening to her is hard work with those erms,mute it is then
Report track record June 27, 2018 8:05 PM BST
I cant hear anything other than erm
its diabolical
rose looks like a very nice girl but I just cant listen to that
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 27, 2018 8:36 PM BST
Put Anna ****g Oakley on
For I care price up 6,56 race up like they did each week
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now