Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
woodmanchester
26 Jan 18 06:30
| Topic/replies: 25,817 | Blogger: woodmanchester's blog
Gone for 6/1 Jaytee Yankee in the Gold Cup at Shelbourne

Runner up to the fantastic Clonbrien Hero in the Irish St Leger, Yankee stays well and would have preferred a bit longer but gets the vote by virtue of Borna Gin not really being able to cut loose like he did opening round, imo

Not for me but if youre looking for bigger prices, Fantasy Joey and Pennylane Lucky fit the bill. At least they should be prominent throughout in their races

Just a word for Madabout Eoghan. Had his card marked at Towcester but would be a big player on his best English form. Looks a pale shadow of his former self, though. Pass!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Irish Greyhound Competitions 2018
Show More
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 17, 2018 10:57 AM GMT
FFS it's February. The big unraced just finished at Clonmel and the winner is an aeroplane when it all clicks as even shown by his trial at Shelbourne last year the week before Night Of Stars when he went a lot quicker than Droopys Noah and Buckos Dream. The Juvenile Classic started last week in Tralee and non doubt as always some top class dogs will come out of that stake, that dog of Liam Dowling's looks a wee bit useful and as for the run Pat Buckley's done last week. Then we have the Con and Annie Kirby Memorial to come at Limerick which a load will come out of as well.
Report woodmanchester February 17, 2018 11:01 AM GMT
Hope so. Will make for great racing. But you know me, I like top class speedsters, tried and trusted
Report woodmanchester February 17, 2018 10:19 PM GMT
29.91 Drive On Tipp. Scrambled home

29.38 Good News. Derby Champion. Fast winning comeback

29.85 Droopys Noah. Won well, looked faster to the eye

29.29 Borna Gin. Took advantage of draw. Nothing comes from behind him

29.90 Swithins Brae. Just snatched verdict. Clonbrien Hero and Sonic very disappointing
Report GLASGOWCALLING February 17, 2018 10:29 PM GMT
PREMIER, any idea where they will go with the clonmel unraced winner ? i never went to the final but a guy in the pub showed me

a video of it qualyfying !!!  aeroplane is right imo.
Report woodmanchester February 18, 2018 8:54 AM GMT
Easter Cup 2nd round:

1 Gin
2 Painter
3 Peppa
4 Upenalty
5 Noah
6 Clonbrien

1 Cruz
2 News
3 Chawke
4 Eoghan
5 Colarhouse
6 Cabaye

1 Brae
2 Denny
3 Tipp
4 Alex
5 Karlow
6 Kilgraney
Report woodmanchester February 21, 2018 6:57 PM GMT
Latest betting:

3/1 Gin
7/2 News
9/2 Clonbrien
7/1 Noah
8/1 Bar
Report woodmanchester February 23, 2018 10:57 AM GMT
17/4 Good News looks a decent bet
Report woodmanchester February 24, 2018 7:32 PM GMT
Hope Clonbrien Hero runs better than last week. Will need to to ensure qualification. Borna Gin got his draw again though and will be hard to beat

More than confident Good News can beat Droopys Cabaye and progress, while Kilgraney Master looks the most likely to go through from the last heat

Sponsors Ladbrokes, B*yles and Power don't even have the Shelbourne meeting loaded on websites. Therefore, if you want an sp bet 365 the way to go, coz Tote prices with retention are p*ss-poor
Report Winja February 24, 2018 7:37 PM GMT
woody there is not much interest on irish derby final night let alone a cold night in February.....
Report woodmanchester February 24, 2018 8:51 PM GMT
It's the Easter Cup though, Winja
Report Winja February 24, 2018 9:02 PM GMT
woody there was more matched on an A5 at Crayford than the irish derby final......for some reason the british don't want to bet on irish racing and it would appear from the low markets neither do the irish....
Report woodmanchester February 24, 2018 9:04 PM GMT
Poor show Irish bookmakers aren't even taking sp bets and why have Laddies even bothered sponsoring it?
Report woodmanchester February 24, 2018 9:25 PM GMT
Talking Dogs to watch streaming asking for verification now. I give up! Cry
Report woodmanchester February 25, 2018 9:08 AM GMT
Managed to watch. Noah successful again but faster this time, with Gin crowded but still surprisingly turned over. Think something amiss with Clonbrien, eliminated by a short head in fifth. Not showing his early dash and not getting home. Hope he's sorted come the Derby

Good News won readily enough, staying on well and wouldn't swop

Elsewhere on the card, inconsistent Whoops Jack won, against the likes of Ballinakil Clare and Sidarian Fern in the field

In Waterford stayers event, Jaytee Patriot beaten at odds on yet again, 2/5! Laugh. When will they learn?

At Limerick, Sonic beat Coolavanny Mason
Report woodmanchester March 2, 2018 7:39 AM GMT
Liking the 4/1 Good News and gone in again but Noah may ultimately prove a sprightly threat. Think the loss of the rails is against fav Borna Gin rounding the opening bends, unless he tucks in behind and gets a smooth passage
Report irishone March 2, 2018 9:33 AM GMT
8/10 posts on irish greyhound competitions

cant get the english ones right LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 5, 2018 11:16 AM GMT
anyone know if its usual for an antepost book to be made for the con and annie memorial at limerick. ? thanks.

heats 24th march i think.  Happy
Report woodmanchester March 5, 2018 11:40 AM GMT
Think sometimes. Best chance after a round
Report irishone March 5, 2018 6:11 PM GMT
spoilys earliest glasgow
Report woodmanchester March 8, 2018 12:32 AM GMT
Gotta be happy with 9/2 and 11/4 tickets Good News in the final when may start about 6/4

However, worried about the dog on his inside wearing the red jacket and there's speed on the outer flank too who may cut in at the bend

Then, there's the little matter of up-and-coming speedster Droopys Noah and you know what Irish finals are like for throwing up unexpected winners

Fingers crossed
Report woodmanchester March 10, 2018 4:06 PM GMT
Let's see how the two favourites fare. The proof of the pudding...
Report woodmanchester March 10, 2018 9:35 PM GMT
Surprise winner Colarhouse Gerry. Both very short combined favourites stuffed. Every f*cking time! Sad
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 10, 2018 9:43 PM GMT
Surprise winner me arse, dog was improving every week and getting home a little betrer each run and was always the likely leader.
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 10, 2018 9:45 PM GMT
premier, is that right tuco is going for the limerick race. cheers
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 10, 2018 9:47 PM GMT
I presume he will go for the Kirby Memorial if he is ok
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 10, 2018 9:52 PM GMT
yes, i read he had a slight injury after clonmel, i didnt realise the prize money was so good for the limerick race. !
Report woodmanchester March 10, 2018 10:12 PM GMT
I saw Gerry's speed in semis but hard task against News/Noah combined according to all market indications
Report irishone March 11, 2018 10:33 AM GMT
empty vessels most sound ......
Report woodmanchester March 17, 2018 10:59 AM GMT
Good News sidelined through injury for a couple of months or so. Knew that couldn't have been his running in the Easter Cup. Hope he's 100% come the Irish Derby coz still maintain top dogs coming up short in the Emerald Isle. Not been following but these so called rockets in unraced and puppy stakes etc don't seem to be making any ripples in the antepost market, or are they?
Report irishone March 17, 2018 8:26 PM GMT
woody you know feck all about irish greyhound racing

let alone english greyhound racing

so why not do one ?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 18, 2018 10:51 AM GMT
Making ripples in ante post markets? What?

Have a look at the Irish Derby market ffs, they've about 20-25 dogs priced up. A few of them are crippled and will never run again (and they've got them in short prices), some of them are a million to even go for the comp, it's a farce. And who on earth would be playing the market at this stage ffs.
Report woodmanchester March 18, 2018 11:39 AM GMT
Just saying these unraced and puppy comps don't seem to be throwing much up. As stated ages ago, the Irish dog scene in need of a boost
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 18, 2018 11:57 AM GMT
You have not got a scooby what you're waffling on about, how do you know they have not thrown up anything? Some of them in the Clonmel and Tralee stakes have looked right good dogs.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 18, 2018 12:01 PM GMT
After the Kirby Memorial and they then step into all aged company during the summer / autumn is when it will be clear how strong the younger dogs are over here.
Report woodmanchester March 18, 2018 12:16 PM GMT
Let's put it this way, Irish dogs are usually queuing up for the ferry for the English Derby. Reckon not a whimper this year
Report privatehire March 18, 2018 12:25 PM GMT
Heard bucklley lining up a dozen.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 18, 2018 12:27 PM GMT
Buckley, Holland, Cronin are all definitely going over with teams. I would hazard a guess Ian Reilly will be over for it as well this year.
Report privatehire March 18, 2018 12:53 PM GMT
I heard a while ago owen wernt comin. Will he change his mind after the other week. Defo av the required e.p.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 18, 2018 1:03 PM GMT
fast up and rails, you'd have to presume he would run the place well
Report woodmanchester March 18, 2018 1:05 PM GMT
Ireland's top two dogs Good News and Clonbrien Hero injury-prone
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 18, 2018 1:13 PM GMT
The ain't done half bad for injury prone dogs, just won the Irish Derby, Laurels, Produce Stakes, Leger and Night Of Stars between them last year. I suppose they did miss out on the boat race and tour de france.
Report privatehire March 18, 2018 1:46 PM GMT
Ye i,d be avin a bet on collarhouse dog if e comes.
Report woodmanchester March 18, 2018 3:36 PM GMT
Yesterday's headline winners are tomorrow's fish n chips wrappers! Silly
Report woodmanchester March 18, 2018 3:43 PM GMT
Colarhouse Gerry has some early boot and improving but think would have to to win a Derby
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 19, 2018 11:56 AM GMT
Colorhouse Gerry has been bought by Mark Lowther and is being trained by Derek Law for the Derby privitehire
Report privatehire March 19, 2018 12:55 PM GMT
Thanx p.f. make enquiries about a price.
Report privatehire March 19, 2018 2:05 PM GMT
I hate the place p.f. but i know 1 thing 66/1 is far to big. If taking to traps take a good 1 to lead him. If he makes final i will come down. Drink in it for u if e wins. Info like that is liquid gold. Got a bet with sponsors. Went to hills after 20 mins got half wot i asked for. Least its something. Mate o mine has half bet. I,m old school. U will be looked after. Cheerz. Theres 3 or 4 at head of mrkt i couldn,t av on my mind. C how it pans out. Be lucky.
Report privatehire March 19, 2018 2:37 PM GMT
Hoovered up the schrapnel on betfair as well.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 19, 2018 6:11 PM GMT
no problem privatehire and good luck, i see the story is up on the igb about the dog

Kirby Memorial starts this weekend at Limerick
Report privatehire March 19, 2018 7:06 PM GMT
I c theres bin a few quid for shelone iso of buckleys for the derby. They must be expecting it to go well in the kirby.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 20, 2018 5:16 PM GMT
https://www.igb.ie/racing/upcoming-race-cards/upcoming-race-card-summary/?tr...
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 25, 2018 5:00 PM BST
Had to take the prices today on Dumas for the 600 final, puzzled as to how they thought he us a 5s poke. I do think the dog is a bit of a cant for sure but he ran some stormer to qualify last week. He came away well but Beaming Paradise caught his backend early (they where the wrong way around for me), then he took another bang off Black Agenda and then he was forced to check approaching the corner when Ballyhale Blaze got across after causing the trouble with Black Agenda going rails. That check from Dumas was partly the reason Beaming Paradise got up his inside on the corner, other part is Dumas did not want it as much as Beaming Paradise for me. Dumas then went down the back really well and was bang there behind the leaders when getting no run again at the 3rd and now he was 4th into the straight and likely to go out but stayed on really well past Macaroon Cruz and even looked to be closing on the front 2.
I think the draw could work out well for Dumas, if he comes away again he should be able to hold Droopys Dargle on his outside and she does not turn straight left which helps, inside him I am hoping Ballyhale Blaze can come away better than Beaming Paradise and take the rail or pin him to the rail, I do wish the boxes where not changed recently as it helps Beaming Paradise for sure. If the 2 does come away I think Dumas has a big chance to lead or turn 2nd (to the 2) and from there he will take the beating.

I think the market is starting to correct itself now, dumas is approaching his correct price and Beaming Paradise should have been fav on the fact he has drawn 1 but they put Droopys Dargle in fav early.
Report woodmanchester April 28, 2018 8:20 PM BST
Dargle been starting well and might gain inside, nip round inner first bend and get first run on Beaming

Oaks

Natalee is electric at peak and at 8/1, worth the risk to show the necessary improvement on trials but respect Chippy

Donation and Jumeirah ran in the English Oaks last December. Could both go well again but drawn together and something might 'give'
Report woodmanchester April 28, 2018 8:23 PM BST
Oh, they think Aurora wont get home. Has won over 500m though, fast and could give Ant something to think about opening heat
Report woodmanchester April 28, 2018 8:26 PM BST
Been Haydock. Lost track of time. Ignore last post, Ant won! Laugh
Report woodmanchester April 28, 2018 9:06 PM BST
Back to usual in finals. Tricast paid 470/1!
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 29, 2018 11:21 AM BST
Dumas bottled the corner but we expected that, nobody bloody expected Javilenko to smash and be where he was on corner ffs, he don't go that then Dumas wins.

Pat Buckley's dog flying.
Report privatehire April 29, 2018 10:01 PM BST
Looked at oaks heats this afternoon. Was 1 i thought run really well. Big price low profile.loox like shelbourne suits. Stayer in the making. Aayamza express. If i could take 1 home i,d be happy with her.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 29, 2018 10:10 PM BST
Donation last in her heat
Why are English trained dogs so
Useless over there
She top class as well
Report privatehire April 29, 2018 10:29 PM BST
Dont think bin at her best sinse come back this season. Broke great for her on saturday as well. Not near her hove running or belle vue running. For me anyway.
Report woodmanchester April 29, 2018 11:38 PM BST
Think had an off night. You might have been forgiven for thinking improve on trial, but two lengths slower
Report privatehire April 30, 2018 7:57 AM BST
Got a little rub at corner. Defo bit disappointing.
Report woodmanchester May 5, 2018 10:01 AM BST
Natalee gets a shade tired even when primed so no surprise to see her treading water run in last week. Still shows her scintillating early though (enough to burn any greyhound off) and you would expect her to come on. Happy with the 8/1 anyway
Report woodmanchester May 13, 2018 10:27 AM BST
Cindy beat Natalee off a 1.88 split. That's two defeats on the trot. Semi stage next and looks competitive but hopeful Natalee will recapture her sizzling early
Report privatehire May 13, 2018 3:19 PM BST
Aint changed my mind about express woody. Leger bitch in making.
Report woodmanchester May 14, 2018 7:41 AM BST
Thanks Private. I'll watch out for her Happy
Report woodmanchester May 14, 2018 7:42 AM BST
Makes me laugh the Irish comments. Lemon Shane "always 3rd", finished last of 6! CrazyLaugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 22, 2018 4:41 PM BST
sometimes you've just got to laugh, Spoilsports put Nice Mystery in 9/2 for the Oaks final ffs, I would say 10/3 is still too big
Report woodmanchester June 15, 2018 9:18 AM BST
Irish Laurels - Curraheen Park

Only ever heard of 8 of the dogs out of 66

Most probably no great shakes whatsoever. Talk about household names! Laugh

Said all along Irish coming up short this year

Think i'm still yet to be proven wrong?
Report irishone June 15, 2018 12:18 PM BST
You were calling us irish tw4ts on another thread

Typical bald headed fat ignorant engerlishman
Report privatehire June 15, 2018 12:38 PM BST
U can av 50/1 an english winner irish derby woody. Roll up. Wunder y.
Report woodmanchester June 15, 2018 2:01 PM BST
Weight of numbers. Reckon English come up light at Shelbourne, too

There's only one Derby! Laugh
Report irishone June 15, 2018 2:37 PM BST
As fattie ses f*ck off
Report woodmanchester June 15, 2018 2:38 PM BST
Get off my thread, Dipstick! Laugh
Report irishone June 15, 2018 2:40 PM BST
You know nothing about english dog racing let alone irish
Report woodmanchester June 15, 2018 3:02 PM BST
What part of f*ck off don't you get?! Laugh
Report irishone June 15, 2018 3:59 PM BST
You talk sh1te , only know 10% of the dogs
I d say thats 9% more than the number of brain cells you own
Its not your thread, none of them are
Get a life baldy
Report privatehire June 15, 2018 4:21 PM BST
Y wouldn,t u av a go if u got the tool to do the job. In the words of the great scottish journo hugh macilvaney a chance at immortality. Fack me i,d walk the dog there if i thought i could win it. Thats the trouble. Imo no ambition.
Report woodmanchester June 17, 2018 12:10 AM BST
Clonbrien Hero didn't get the greatest of breaks but still led round and drew clear, 28.54. 7/1 okay and 33/1 for Irish Derby

Other notable runs:

28.32 Bakery Lane
28.51 Skywalker Rafa
28.51 Titus Spirit
28.55 Rockbay Foley, in defeat
Report woodmanchester June 23, 2018 7:32 PM BST
Nothing for originality, but had a bet 5/1 Droopys Biker for Champion Stks, Shelbourne

Saver 7/1 Bakery Lane, Laurels

Pretty obvious really and looking to go all the way!
Report woodmanchester June 23, 2018 9:55 PM BST
Seems every time I want to watch a couple of races igb website has technical issues these days! Crazy
Report woodmanchester June 30, 2018 2:59 PM BST
Why the 8.50pm start at Curraheen?

Last race 11.20pm now

I'm usually in the club by then with several women lined up! LaughWink
Report privatehire June 30, 2018 4:29 PM BST
Because of hot weather woody. They put times back some tracks.
Report woodmanchester July 12, 2018 6:52 AM BST
Dundalk International

English Derby runner-up Droopys Verve holds Borna Gin and Whoops Jack on Towcester form and moved well in a recent trial over c/d. Likely to strike early enough, he looks a great proposition to double yer money

Gin stays on but surely too late with Cabra Angel just as quick on trial evidence. Will be looking at the Tote forecast with her seeing as Gin 5/2 and she's 8/1. Cabra will be much more prominent than Gin early too and if she goes hammer and tongs with Verve, it's the latter who can keep going best

All eggs in one basket with Whoops but may need a run a two
Report woodmanchester July 12, 2018 7:16 AM BST
Oh, took the 6/4 Verve with Skybet earlier in week Grin
Report woodmanchester July 12, 2018 9:02 AM BST
IGB: "We are experiencing an internal server problem"

Happens all the time. Theyre f*cking useless! Angry
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 12, 2018 5:21 PM BST
It's an absolute joke of a race.

Slippery Jade in the International ffs, what has she done in her career to warrant a place? Fast bitch who I actually like but it's farcical she got accepted for this. Larry being local to the track must be the reason and he has put fortunes into the game and deserves all the luck he gets but it's a joke decision.

Jumeirah Charm in the race, like ffs she has won 1 race this year, an A1/A0 that was handed to her on a plate with the draw. Another fast bitch on her day but no way should she be running in this race.

Why is Cash Is King not in this? Won the Produce Stakes and trialled at the weekend, amazing that is not in the race. Clonbrien Hero, yes we know why but he should be in and also trialled at the weekend.
Report woodmanchester July 13, 2018 8:06 AM BST
Oi Oi Verve. All the way fashion in new clock but phew, it was close in the end!
Report woodmanchester July 21, 2018 10:49 AM BST
Dundalk Sprint:

Think Butterbridge Bex a good chance outright with Heisman (injury problems?) not as good as he was

Disappointed Bakery Lane runs coz usually overlaps with Irish Derby and think he should have gone for that with not the early gears to win this really. Still, think early casualties sometimes get re-routed to Shelbourne and the Droopys pair Steel and Dinner might have gone well there, too
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 21, 2018 11:01 AM BST
Droopys Dinner picked up easily in an A3 over 535y would have went well in the Derby, come on and show us any friggin evidence that bitch could have went well in the Derby over 550y

ffs here is her card, all 5 runs https://www.igb.ie/results/greyhound-search/greyhound-details/?gid=DROOPYS%20DINNER

As with Droopys Steel who barely even gets 525y, what on his card or running style suggests she has a chance of going well in the Derby over 550y

https://www.igb.ie/results/greyhound-search/greyhound-details/?gid=DROOPYS%2...
Report woodmanchester July 21, 2018 11:24 AM BST
Didn't look into it. Just thought could have gone clear and made their mark on Dundalk form
Report woodmanchester July 21, 2018 4:58 PM BST
Champion Stakes. Just had a little few quid bet 5/1 Native Chimes to make matters a bit more enjoyable tonight and something to watch, coz dont think Clonbrien Hero cutting the mustard just at the moment, as already said but not in those precise words

Hope Native runs well anyway with a vested interest Irish Derby
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 22, 2018 8:31 AM BST
Some mess of a draw that Champion Stakes final, could be carnage run up for the majority of the field the way it's worked out
Report woodmanchester July 27, 2018 3:10 PM BST
Affane Party withdrawn from Irish Sprint with a niggle

Apparently, it's been 50/50 all week. Didn't bet coz fancy 5/1 Butterbridge Bex but sure many did

Would have been nice for the trainer to say something!
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 28, 2018 8:48 AM BST
my god the pace Droopys Steel is showing to the corner in Dundalk, Rathnasare Champ has smashed the bars down again and had 1.5L on him immediately but Droopys Steel has destroyed it to the corner, he looks absolutely exceptional at this 400y trip
Report woodmanchester July 28, 2018 9:02 AM BST
As said, might have done okay in Derby. Last year's Plate winner didn't stay but still won
Report woodmanchester August 2, 2018 12:15 PM BST
Butterbridge Bex out of Irish Sprint with split web Sad
Report woodmanchester August 4, 2018 7:44 AM BST
Droopys Steel still flying in the Irish Sprint. 5/1 before last night, wonder what he'll be now?! Wink
Report woodmanchester September 21, 2018 4:33 PM BST
Juvenile Derby (Shelbourne)

Cushie Jet did the clock at Newbridge but this is a different kettle of fish against Derby dogs, also at the top end of the market. However, they may find things happening a little too quickly over this 480m, so prepared to give them all the swerve, in search of some fresh talent

12/1 Gringos Thunder, 25/1 Town Jacko, 33/1 Greenmount Jet and 33/1 Tarsna Dow Jones have all trialled well recently. Their splits would have made interesting reading but that information is not available, so some guesswork involved. Some will say im good at that. Just had little bets to win equal amounts all four!
Report irishone September 21, 2018 6:34 PM BST
"so some guesswork involved"

YOU know F all about english dogs...…….. making out you are an expert on irish dogs now ?

total fraud
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now