Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
woodmanchester
06 Jan 18 19:15
| Topic/replies: 25,995 | Blogger: woodmanchester's blog
1st Rd
Thursday May 3rd
Friday May 4th
Saturday May 5th

2nd Rd
Friday May 11th
Saturday May 12th

3rd Rd
Saturday May 19th

Quarters
Tuesday May 22nd

Semis
Saturday May 26th

Final
Saturday June 2nd
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View 2018 Derby Schedule
Show More
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2018 10:01 PM BST
for me the draw is ducking massive for me i see the race in my head with all different draws i think this draw for me is the most important for many a year
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 26, 2018 10:02 PM BST
PJ Fahy - Tyrur Laurel and Tyrur Kieran ??

Had 2 dogs in the final twice over here as well and both times finished 1st and 2nd - Rhino and Laurel and then McGuigan and big Mike
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 26, 2018 10:03 PM BST
it is dr but look at what wildcat have up inner
If any might get red himself
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 26, 2018 10:05 PM BST
Won’t be any jigging on run up either
Should be clean run to bend
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2018 10:07 PM BST
well done to all the dogs who got to the final
Report Deptford May 26, 2018 10:11 PM BST
Wildact is guaranteed to go to bend in front of other 2 railers, he loiters in front but how anyone can fathom what will happen is beyond me, anything can happen in this final
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 26, 2018 10:14 PM BST
If Whoops Jack comes away running again they'll do well to catch him, he collapsed home tonight but I would say the 3 quick runs where tough on him especially considering he didn't lead in the 2 previous and had to tough it out to qualify, weeks rest will do him the world of good, track will surely be on fire, Peter will have him bouncing.

Wildcat is surely going to lead the rails whatever way the inside gets drawn and then Verve has a good draw anyway as the only middle.
Report woodmanchester May 27, 2018 7:00 AM BST
My big two guns through and already got the place money 100/1 Whoops and 150/1 Vic! Excited

Vic lucky to go through though coz Gin was certain to qualify from that pitch until back legs taken. Ireland should have been doubly represented in the final really

Wildcat (or Verve) would be my biggest ever payout but must confess Wildcat did seem to down tools. Just had him down as not really getting home. Needs to reproduce a performance like the Shoot Out to be crowned champion but got my reservations, not least, falls out more times than me and my ex! Laugh
Report woodmanchester May 27, 2018 9:30 AM BST
For as long as I can remember there are usually 2 or 3 dogs reach the final and youre left scratching your head how. Not to say they cant win coz been many a turn up but this field looks rather good in the great scheme of things

Both favourite's have got through so no wonder, granted a result on the night, it's my best Derby - ever betting-wise! Excited
Report woodmanchester May 27, 2018 9:58 AM BST
Wildcat beat Verve fair and square in the 2nd round, but has gone to pieces at the start recently. Would have to say Verve looking the more reliable and if he can master Whoops, should be hard to beat. Some others will be running on well and it could turn out to be a classic in many a context Happy
Report LoyalHoncho May 27, 2018 11:19 AM BST
Pat Buckley must be more than disappointed.  What did you all make of Brandy's run?  Didn't appear able let alone willing to turn left into the bend.
Report Winja May 27, 2018 1:39 PM BST
from my point of view it was the early pace of borna gin that did for brandy...….would have turned second to verve and qualified in my opinion if he did not run into gin....it may have been the injury that prevented brandy from getting alongside gin by the corner but take the trouble away and he would be in the final.....
Report Captain carnage May 27, 2018 2:38 PM BST
Brandy been moving off at first all competition.

If Jack in 5 and Wildcat 3 I dont think Verve in 4 is a great draw. Dogs either side of him have better early, Jack straightens up quicker than most at towcester and Wildcat will edge slightly right immediately from boxes. Plus I would be amazed if Wallis doesnt get the best break of their careers out of one or both Bullet/Bomber.
Report LoyalHoncho May 27, 2018 2:40 PM BST
You helped me find a winner last night Winja.  Hazelwood Terry.  You had convinced me that he is a decent dog and on his Towcester form ( and jumping ) I thought he was well worth an e.w. against Raidio, who looked vulnerable.  Ta.
Report Captain carnage May 27, 2018 2:41 PM BST
Anything could happen depending on how wildcat and jack break. They could cause carnage and who knows what Wildcat is capable of. Rolls royce engine with wandering mindset = chaos.
Report dr . atkins May 27, 2018 2:44 PM BST
brandy was not right with me
Report LoyalHoncho May 27, 2018 2:48 PM BST
Sorry Captain. not with you on this one.  Wildcat is as true a runner as I've seen here.  keeps a straight line down and hasn't caused one iota of trouble in any race he's been in.
Report wondersobright May 27, 2018 2:49 PM BST

May 27, 2018 -- 2:44PM, dr . atkins wrote:

brandy was not right with me

money talks

Report Captain carnage May 27, 2018 4:07 PM BST
He straightens up Honcho but he takes a step or 2 immediately right out of the boxes. Watch the head ons. He slams straight into Oi Oi Upenalty last night. If he breaks in final Verve is a million.
Report Captain carnage May 27, 2018 4:07 PM BST
If he drawn in 3 lol Forgot draw not made yet!
Report privatehire May 27, 2018 4:11 PM BST
Thats y if u backed verve u want bombers in 3 n vic in 5. Will give him acres to run in2. Then e has the hazard of wildcat n jack to contend with at the corner. Its an intriguing final. If wasn,t involved ante post i would watch n savour. B a no bet for me.
Report woodmanchester May 28, 2018 8:27 AM BST
If Wildcat ever needed to break, now is the time. Returns £580 so really hope he comes away but hasn't looked anything like it last twice
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 28, 2018 9:13 AM BST
Your think the 3 runs last week
Would took its toll on all
In that respect, do say wildcat needs to brush up
He’s does
But verve wasnt covered in that respect himself
Just groved rd in front !

Look at 5/2 365 are looks huge to me
In fact bigger price than when Elvis drawn inside him
I’m gold cup ffs
That on paper was better race he was drawn 5 that night
Report harry callaghan May 28, 2018 1:06 PM BST
just on brandy going out...he just never paced up imo...he was slow from the traps even though he cleared bombers compared with other rounds i thought he should of had to pace to the bend compared with 3/4 and in all fairness i knew borna gin was the problem dog in this heat i just thought he'd move off into verve, he pinged this time but at the same time cost himself a final spot it was a real shame that semi...i did speak to matt after the race just to say sorry about the dog and he said he is next years dog and they had to have a go but wish he could of got a gallop into him and he didn't realise gin would start like he did on the night

it was just a shame that the semi went like it did 2 good dogs gone through trouble and there hadn't been much trouble through the rounds and a shame for brandy and gin, like matt said it is the derby and dog racing and he'd been on the go 5 months, he was very disappointed but philosophical at the same time, i'm gutted for the dog myself he just grew on me throughout the rounds i suppose that is the magic of the race

the final is a belter and like some have said the draw is key, i don't agree with a poster that thinks verve in 4 will be a bad draw, i think he'll lead whoops wherever they draw but he hasn't missed the traps all competition and he will need to start well again, he is looking an exceptional dog to me but 2 formidable opponents wait for him saturday, lets hope it is a classic with no trouble, something has to give though with so many good dogs in the race although bruisers, bombers and dorotas are seasoned towcester dogs so you never know

a brutal betting heat.
Report LoyalHoncho May 28, 2018 1:06 PM BST
I've shouted the merits of this dog for ages now and I want Wildcat to win, for several reasons.  His pace and gears make him superb to watch, and for Big Kev.  We know he’s a smashing trainer but he also comes across as a good bloke and he deserves to win a Derby. For me though, forthcoming draw notwithstanding, there are two form dogs and one form trainer in the race.
VERVE is the first form dog.  His repeated ability to reproduce his form in this Derby, and his actual form, has been terrific and sets him apart from this field.  Nothing else has been as consistent. The way Angela and Jimmy have produced this dog, race after race, with all the travelling and inconvenience ( to the dog ) involved, is pretty impressive.  Buick with a break could well have won a Derby.  This one has that break and just needs to reproduce it when it matters to figure with a huge chance.
BRUISERS hasn’t won a Derby but he has done all of this before.  Last year, the same full week after the semis as this, he gave us the most scintillating performance of the final night with his quite brilliant Derby Invitation win.  Mark thinks T1 is his best box.  I do know he is almost certain to beat two other dogs down and round, and with his break and sectional of last year, 5.14, he would be bang in this from the start, with maybe only two other dogs around him.  Huge chance thereafter!
And for me the form trainer is MARK WALLIS.  The Derby final form trainer!  His determination, belief and downright ability sets him apart from everyone else over here – no doubt about that in my mind.  He’s done all this before and he relishes the challenge, and has acquired the knack of having a dog cherry ripe for the final after the grind of the previous three runs. He alone in this field KNOWS what is required because he’s managed it twice.  And that is a massive edge!
For the first time in a few years I have had no ante-post interest in the Derby, other than the ill-fated Cloncunny Major – who I still rate by the way - after the first round.  I have had sevens bets along the way and, after the first two went down I have eked out a profit while enjoying the racing.  So I have no axe to grind when I say I want Wildcat to win from sentiment, I would enjoy it if Verve won for PH – a great forumite whose support for the dog has never wavered. But the dog and trainer I think will win are Bruisers and Mark Wallisno matter what the draw.
Report woodmanchester May 28, 2018 1:30 PM BST
Don't think Cloncunny covered himself in glory at Romford, Loyal. Only average in my book, but that's by the by. Cant quibble about the rest of your write-up really

Rain forecast Wednesday, Thursday, Friday but very warm and dry Saturday (20 degrees). Wouldnt be the first time the MET Office got it wrong, though

PS Horse racing Derby Saturday, too. Mate said he'd get commentary on his moby so i can listen whilst driving down (might be on radio anyway). Got 16/1 Masar (each-way) and 33/1 Roaring Lion. Machine as he is, think short fav Saxon Warrior not certain to handle the undulations. Epsom nothing like Newmarket
Report LoyalHoncho May 28, 2018 1:55 PM BST
Fair point woody.  Epsom is to Newmarket as Towcester is to Hove, and no-one would think of running the Derby at Newmarket. Not ideal but Towcester is the greyhound Derby course.
I think Saxon is way ahead of the field and can't see Epsom bothering him much. 
As for Cloncunny of course I agree about his Romford form but ( to me ) that was irrelevant after his first round run.  I think he got spiked by that camel Drive On Tipp next time, who literally assaulted him at the first bend.  He definitely finished injured so we'll have to see how runs when he returns.
Report woodmanchester May 28, 2018 2:42 PM BST
Injured against Tipp? Has run twice since, Notts and Romford
Report LoyalHoncho May 28, 2018 3:53 PM BST
Jaysus - I hadn't noticed.  It was just the way he went backwards, I thought he'd been hurt.
Report metro john May 29, 2018 7:47 AM BST
Towcester is a racecourse with a greyhound track incorporated into it, the idea is now a reality regardless of what we think, plenty of greyhound tracks land could become available for property development in future years if this idea catches on (just saying)!Monmore at Dunstall Park? Arc be interested?
Report metro john May 29, 2018 8:06 AM BST
I would have thought one or two tracks would welcome the idea, it may take some time for some  to get their head around it, but those who are first on the bus may benefit the most ( top races, Tv revenue etc) At the races already got Towcester, unfortunetly the track is not city friendly or should I say travel friendly. Dunstall Park would be.
Hotels. parking nightlife food etc plus contract with ATR, RUK etc.

This cigarette is strong!Grin
Report metro john May 29, 2018 8:29 AM BST
Yes, Towcester as done well for itself!
Report woodmanchester May 29, 2018 8:52 AM BST
Does herb make people talk to themselves, Metro? Wink
Report metro john May 31, 2018 8:46 AM BST
2018 Greyhound Derby Final Draw

Bombers Bullet
Bruisers Bullet
Dorotas Wildcat
Droopys Verve (m)
Dorotas Vic (w)
Whoops Jack (w)
Report woodmanchester May 31, 2018 10:45 AM BST
Gone with 9/4 Ashakiran inter-track, make all. Nearly Ballinclare Solo but might not be too consistent
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 31, 2018 11:34 AM BST
Other way for solo
11-4 thought run that first bend well
I’m very good form of late
Match between the two
Report woodmanchester June 1, 2018 12:37 AM BST
No lose scenario, final tally:

£580 Wildcat
£548 Verve
£325 Bruisers
£324 Whoops (ew)
£300 Vic (ew)
£250 Bombers

Total stakes about £200

Great year if Wildcat or Verve wins
Report woodmanchester June 1, 2018 12:46 AM BST
No lose scenario Plate, too. Want Expert Wink
Report woodmanchester June 1, 2018 6:05 AM BST
Looking at the following as possible winners:

6.29 Ashakiran
6.48 Kilmore Lemon (NAP)
7.08 Pinpoint Junior
7.26 Bull Run Button
7.47 Droopys Expert
8.05 Ridgedale Max (NB)
8.24 Innocent Times
8.44 Slick Strauss
9.07 Droopys Verve
9.35 Shaneboy Bowie
9.53 Danzey Exception
10.11 Jelly Flood
10.29 King Turbo
10.47 Paradise Valdez
Report woodmanchester June 1, 2018 10:30 AM BST
Recap

In a nutshell, how I read the race:

Whoops flies out with Verve on his case but pretty sure needs trouble behind to hold on. Reckon Verve will rail the bends beautifully and could strike the front before the third. Looks the most reliable option

Wildcat needs to break smartly. Wont be winning the Derby with another 5.26 split. Hope im wrong

Bruisers smashes once in a blue moon. If not, could be in trouble

Will be a bit disappointed if Bombers or Vic win. Dont look fast enough really
Report BizzyChops June 1, 2018 10:44 AM BST
People believing Verve is good thing I don’t know how there reading this race, Wildcat beat fair a square and obliterated it to bend and whoops jack will lead it plus when he went head to head With Bruisers he was level at bend just attacked it better I don’t know how he gets a run.
It’s a fantastic final
Report woodmanchester June 1, 2018 11:00 AM BST
Wouldn't say Verve is a 'good thing' Bizzy but decent chance to turn the tables on Wildcat and capitalise on that one's poor starting now. Verve's best split (5.13) puts him over 1.5 lengths in front of Wildcat (5.26) at the line. Completely different scenario to last time they met. Chances are it could be close at the bend but everything crossed for no mayhem
Report privatehire June 1, 2018 11:12 AM BST
Wildcat raced 3 times towcester from 3. Comments slow away slow away missed break. As 1 of my old bosses used to say. That wont get the baby washed. Whoops jacks erratic starts from 6. There lies verves chance of glory. Its the derby final he must av his best ever break to clear the corner. He held bruisers well wen they met. I believe bruisers will make a fast break but if verve holds him to turn i think e can win. Hoping whoops jack can pace up an drop on rail behind verve acting as goalkeeper round first 2 bends so verve can set sail for home. Thats the way i c race for verve to win. Good luck to all finalists. May the best dog win.
Report metro john June 1, 2018 3:20 PM BST
It Will not be popular what I say but will not bet on the final, impossible to read with any confidence, Bullet in trap1 is pace-less to the corner, Bruiser seems to have lost his trapping boots, but one magnificent hound, Wildcat could be the best  dosser  ever seen in current  form, but again lb for lb possibly the best hound in the UK, Verve is the best on current form but may not enjoy company if it comes to battle? and if any of these lead him  (well not many have in this comp) then I would not expect to see him give best? Whoops jack could be the one to upset verve to the bend? anything but inconsistent in my book

Dodgers waiters, of the highest calibre, Verve the tip for the form folk, but be warned if either Wildcat or Bruisers give half decent break, well they will race up to him by the first arc (not saying for sure wildcat would pass?)

Keep the zipper up!
Report woodmanchester June 1, 2018 4:21 PM BST
Baldie priced up
Report privatehire June 1, 2018 4:42 PM BST
Av a look woody ta
Report Kronie June 1, 2018 5:06 PM BST
B365 up, Breeze massive at 2's if you can get on
Report wondersobright June 1, 2018 7:02 PM BST
at least 2 dogs have got better early than verve so have a think about where he might turn & its impossible to conclude he's overpriced @ 13/8 imo
Report privatehire June 1, 2018 7:31 PM BST
I had her significantly shorter kronie. New account. Laid me nice bet @ 2/1.
Report woodmanchester June 1, 2018 8:11 PM BST
Got her in over 3/1 double with King Turbo

Sure the gulf in prices between Affane Party and Kilmore Lemon is only because the former has the fitness edge. Think 5/1 Lemon worth the risk straight enough. A flier when primed

Clares Kyletaun race also interests me. Tricasts 6-1-3 (8.6/1) and 6-3-1 (12.7/1), coz think Ridgedale Max underestimated at 7/1 (played that too) and you can never write off Rubys Rascal, although strictly speaking, well held by Kyletaun on Regency form

Little bets Pinpoint Junior (had him a bit shorter than 9/2) and risky but coppers 4/1 Paradise Valdez in the lucky last
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 1, 2018 11:08 PM BST
Bluebird 11-4 @
Ridgedale max 8@
Hurdle Wilson 4@ shaneboy 50@ star 16@
Plate dave 12@ 11-2@ expert 3/1@ deanridge 33@ stake  saver kid 11-2 @
Wildcat 33@
Report privatehire June 2, 2018 5:42 AM BST
Well u can tell its greyhound derby final day. Up with the larks. Good luck to darkat padme for kate n steve in hurdle final. Also good luck to all the lads on here. Hope u all get a few quid. Had 1 bet tonight so far breeze in marathon at 2/1. Thought she would start an even money shot. Never backed the dog in my life but i will also back bluebird in wot looks like a race to the corner to me. As drawn would be an odds on chance for me to lead. 11/4 will play. Best of luck to all runners in final. May the best dog win.
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 6:51 AM BST
Private, 10/3 Bluebird with Paddy! Wink
Report privatehire June 2, 2018 7:56 AM BST
Massive woody. Not worth even trying to get on.
Report wondersobright June 2, 2018 8:11 AM BST
3.1 on here for verve fans
Report privatehire June 2, 2018 10:05 AM BST
I got some laid at an average of 2.84 wonders sinse wednesday. Last night 2/1 n 11/4 wildcat
Wont lay anymore unless e shortens.
Report wondersobright June 2, 2018 10:11 AM BST
yes 2/1 would not be a lay for me I make verve 2/1-5/2
Report Deptford June 2, 2018 1:50 PM BST
Lets hope the best dog on the night wins and they all come off sound
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 5:53 PM BST
The Big Night of the Year

Just hoping for a cleanly run race, then should have a great chance of large payout! Excited
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 6:33 PM BST
Very good start! Excited
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 6:52 PM BST
Already the books are looking to Dorotas Vic to save their skins.  All the signs of a bloodbath!
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 7:58 PM BST
Expert crap! Sad
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 8:08 PM BST
Oi oi 7/1 next best Ridgedale Max! Excited
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 8:17 PM BST
Well done with 8/1, Fatty. I never saw that
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 8:28 PM BST
Whoops Jack and Verve supporters must be so hopeful with the way the breaking front runners are going here tonight.
Report Deptford June 2, 2018 8:36 PM BST
Didnt think Wildcat could keep getting through but in all honesty think he will lead around the bend and win, as long as no loitering
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 8:48 PM BST
Breeze useless
Report dr . atkins June 2, 2018 9:01 PM BST
good luck to the people who have ante post bets running in the final let all the greyhounds come off safe
Report Deptford June 2, 2018 9:08 PM BST
Superb run, well done
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 9:13 PM BST
Wildcat hangs about?! CrazyLaugh

£580 in the bank! Wink
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:13 PM BST
Absolutely magnificent performance.  A dodge?!  You have to be joking!  Laugh
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:15 PM BST
A brilliant performance by the runner up too by the way!
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 9:40 PM BST
Place money Whoops and Vic

Plus place money Bowie Excited

Raking it in! Cool
Report Deptford June 2, 2018 9:44 PM BST
Have you won enough to buy a new brain?
Report TheGoddess June 2, 2018 10:04 PM BST
CORAL settling Shaneboy Bowie as a loser in the CH ante-post (Bet placed prior to start of the competition and was 1/4 123)

Just be wary if you were on
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 10:08 PM BST
Baldie already paid out my Bowie bet, thanks
Report metro john June 3, 2018 4:30 AM BST
Very well done to all, who managed to make it pay. The final was won at the boxes, but some terrific performances behind the winner, notably Droopys Verve and I thought Bombers Bullet ran an incredible race, both a long way off their best snaps. The magic 5 box managed to summon up a much better break for Vic but alas not good enough. They all deserve a  rest, the rigours of competition especially the English Derby are incredibly tough and let Henry Cecil words "They are not machines" ring in the hears of all with a pair of eyes.

Hard to judge the quality of the competition, on the whole,  the lightly raced youngsters more than held their own against the seasoned runners, some astonishing runs from behind in some heats, do make me question the quality a little.
Report woodmanchester June 3, 2018 7:02 AM BST
Top end quality not in question. Some sparkling performances by dogs on the bunny, rapid

Lots of dead-wood as a whole, though. Thankfully, they fell by the wayside before the final, unlike some other years
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 3, 2018 9:30 AM BST
Ridgdale max

How **** they went 10s early pmsl

Great night great seeing all the lads
All in top form

Empty there last night too
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 3, 2018 9:41 AM BST
My head hurts!!
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 3, 2018 9:47 AM BST
Same here Laugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 3, 2018 9:49 AM BST
Near 7 this morning getting to sleep ffs. I'm getting too old for this
Report privatehire June 3, 2018 10:02 AM BST
The old team Laugh
Report LoyalHoncho June 3, 2018 1:00 PM BST
metro john 03 Jun 18 04:30 Joined: 02 Jan 07 | Topic/replies: 21,429 | Blogger: metro john's blog
Very well done to all, who managed to make it pay. The final was won at the boxes

Would you be saying the same thing had Verve or Jack put in the same performance?  I think not, and nor should you have.  If they'd bounced out and led all the way you'd be calling them superstar! You're almost dismissing the performance as unworthy or some sort of a fluke! This was a brilliant performance, from dog and trainer.  I don't think I;ve ever seen a Derby finalist on parade, and more relaxed and better prepared than Dorotas Vic last night.  Kinda Ready comes close.  The contrast between him and the two railers, who both looked over wound to me, was striking and the dog was brilliantly presented for the race.
Take another bow big Kev - brilliant training performance.
Report superjudge June 3, 2018 1:31 PM BST
yea wallis def overcooked the top 2.honcho get off this forum you are embarassing and are clueless.that is the biggest **** statment i have ever heard LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report superjudge June 3, 2018 1:36 PM BST
why dont you give mark a ring and tell him how to prepare greyhounds properlyLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 3, 2018 2:26 PM BST
that old git lister got vic out didn’t he
**** me that went bingo
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 3, 2018 3:14 PM BST
Wallis be stepping bruisers up in trip surly
Sunderland 640 comp
Report metro john June 3, 2018 3:44 PM BST

Jun 3, 2018 -- 1:00PM, LoyalHoncho wrote:

metro john 03 Jun 18 04:30 Joined: 02 Jan 07 | Topic/replies: 21,429 | Blogger: metro john's blogVery well done to all, who managed to make it pay. The final was won at the boxesWould you be saying the same thing had Verve or Jack put in the same performance?  I think not, and nor should you have.  If they'd bounced out and led all the way you'd be calling them superstar! You're almost dismissing the performance as unworthy or some sort of a fluke! This was a brilliant performance, from dog and trainer.  I don't think I;ve ever seen a Derby finalist on parade, and more relaxed and better prepared than Dorotas Vic last night.  Kinda Ready comes close.  The contrast between him and the two railers, who both looked over wound to me, was striking and the dog was brilliantly presented for the race.Take another bow big Kev - brilliant training performance.

Not at all, mearly stating the fact, that it was won out the boxes as to be expected,  Wildcat is the ultimate competition greyhound (proven), you are reading more into what I said, (I forgive you)Wink

Report metro john June 3, 2018 3:55 PM BST

Jun 3, 2018 -- 3:14PM, FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK wrote:

Wallis be stepping bruisers up in trip surly Sunderland 640 comp

I suspect trap 5 is the golden box at Towcester, Verve best speed figures all emerged out of that trap (not done a proper study yet mind?), likewise, I suspect trap 6  the opposite,(subjective) but yes Charlie and Chris know how to do it!

Report metro john June 3, 2018 4:08 PM BST
Wildcat the wrong hound on the bunny concerning the rest of the field, nothing could take it out over this trip on the bunny, and to be honest gobsmacked how Verve got so close off a 5:24 sectional, a better attitude than I witnessed at Monmore, but obviously improved and loving the track, hope he makes it back next year. Likewise, it would be lovely to see Rising Brandy (injury free) to see if it was injury or just a dislike of track that held his times back a little, (easing bends throughout comp) one determined hound with better ep than Verve perhaps? Just hope they can make the Gold Cup at Monmore Green.
Report metro john June 3, 2018 4:09 PM BST
Would like to see Bombers Bullet up in trip!
Report woodmanchester June 3, 2018 5:00 PM BST
Top two ran brilliant races but thought Vic ran a blinder, too. Wildcat came out pretty well. Wasn't first to show but once his paws touched, soon led. Verve never gave an inch and ran a valiant race. He'll be back. Same result last time the pair met. Knew Vic had deceptive speed from watching him at Sheffield and he lost absolutely nothing in defeat

Nearly a one-two for the litter brothers and former Scottish Derby winner Woo Hoo races at Sheffield, Tuesday. What a litter! Love
Report LoyalHoncho June 3, 2018 9:14 PM BST
Not to mention Forest Natalie who won an Oaks in Ireland.  I know I now rate this litter as highly as the great Tric Trac/Spectre litter of the 60's.  Credit where credit's due.
Report Captain carnage June 4, 2018 12:49 PM BST
Lol superjudge. Surely honcho on a wind up. The most ridiculous statement possibly on any forum, never mind the greyhound one.

Dont know if Huttin is using a new muscleman/physio/Martin Lanney. But this last 12 months he is getting dogs to break and produce their best in finals. The previous 6 years the respective records of getting breaks/producing best performance in finals must have been something like
Wallis - 70 out of 78. Hutton 2 out of 50.
Report privatehire June 4, 2018 12:57 PM BST
Yes captain ur on the money. I dont know the guy at all. His big race record was not great with the tackle he had at disposal. Thats just my opinion. I av no axe to grind. Seemz a nice fella. Perhaps he will go on from here. Good luck to him.
Report wondersobright June 4, 2018 1:08 PM BST
how quickly people have forgotten the likes of screen critic, airport captain, droopys danneel, the divaExcited etc etc

had a couple of quiet years for sure but show me a trainer who doesn't go through leaner spells
Report privatehire June 4, 2018 1:37 PM BST
Ye theres always the transition in kennels wen the top dogs av to retire n u got to replace them thats the hard part. If u dont get that right dogs it gets more difficult. My concern wonders was the derby dogs.  Hadn,t won 1. Now he has that monkey of his back hopefully can kick on. Dont know for certain but we dont c him much if at all up north. Scottish derby all england cup The classic n grand prix sunderland. Maybe not had right type o dog i wouldn,t know. Be nice now e has big1 if he does bit more travelling so us poor northerners can run the rule over his charges.
Report wondersobright June 4, 2018 3:32 PM BST
would imagine its the travelling ph
same reasons why trainers up here usually run fairly local mostly
Report privatehire June 4, 2018 7:41 PM BST
Ye ur probably right an if owners southern based might rather wait for nxt comp. But big prize money on offer. I would defo be travelling
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now