Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
woodmanchester
06 Jan 18 19:15
| Topic/replies: 1,067 | Blogger: woodmanchester's blog
1st Rd
Thursday May 3rd
Friday May 4th
Saturday May 5th

2nd Rd
Friday May 11th
Saturday May 12th

3rd Rd
Saturday May 19th

Quarters
Tuesday May 22nd

Semis
Saturday May 26th

Final
Saturday June 2nd
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View 2018 Derby Schedule
Show More
Report TheGoddess April 14, 2018 7:30 PM BST
Not showing on my you tube - can you send the link - thnks
Report eyeball April 14, 2018 7:33 PM BST
towcester.tv
Report TheGoddess April 14, 2018 7:34 PM BST
Yeah got that but the newest update I have is Towcester TV Live Stream - Apr 12, 2018 TRIALS Th
Report casemoney April 14, 2018 7:35 PM BST
Rocket 15.52 sprint
Report TheGoddess April 14, 2018 7:38 PM BST
That's slow
Report TheGoddess April 14, 2018 7:39 PM BST
Whoops Jack did a 15.13 in the fog on Thursday
Report casemoney April 14, 2018 7:45 PM BST
Yes think queen Anna done a lot faster trial before
Report casemoney April 14, 2018 8:51 PM BST
Verve just Destroyed Kid and the Dorando favourite Bullet
Report woodmanchester April 14, 2018 8:55 PM BST
28.86, whoosh!
Report privatehire April 15, 2018 2:39 AM BST
Case Laugh
Report woodmanchester April 15, 2018 6:21 AM BST
Cashed out my 33/1 Bruisers. Every chance last night and gets going too late nowadays. Might be something special over six bends

Only really got Expert, Wildcat and Droopys Davy for large payout now

Other antepost mainly incidental, but could always be topped up Wink

PS Think they need to put Calico Ranger over six bends, too. Didn't think anything would outstay Droopys Live over four
Report woodmanchester April 15, 2018 6:31 AM BST
You can still get 33/1 Verve. On last night's evidence, Monmore Puppy Derby form might not be upheld with Verve looking quicker than Rising Brandy. Verve 28.87 (28.77calc). TR Tyrur Shay 28.72 (28.62calc), as a guide, flying!
Report Deptford April 15, 2018 2:17 PM BST
Couldn't find Tyrur Shay trial result anywhere
Report mesi April 15, 2018 3:26 PM BST
or Clares Rocket
Report LoyalHoncho April 15, 2018 3:54 PM BST
Woody, and I'm not siding with one dog or the other, but how can you possibly make such a statement when Brandy hasn't even come out of a Towcester trap?  Honeygar Bolt, top A4 at Harlow, all but beat King Kid last week so he's no yardstick to brilliance.
I notice that Shotgun Bullet was clipped into 66's from 100 overnight too.  Support?
Report woodmanchester April 15, 2018 4:26 PM BST
Loyal, Rising Brandy 2 trials. 29.19calc both. Speedy but not as fast as Verve, just my opinion

Thought about Shotgun but wanted better than 100/1
Report LoyalHoncho April 15, 2018 6:23 PM BST
Trials aren't races woody and your addiction to trial times is so tedious, not to mention pointless.  Times have never won a Derby. Balance, pace, guts and track craft have.  Droopys Verve has all of these and his balance ( in particular ) around this very tricky track was quite superb.  However Derbys aren't won in April, and like them all, he has to prove himself over six gruelling rounds.
Report woodmanchester April 15, 2018 6:31 PM BST
Verve breaking and showing more early pace than Monmore. Still say would rather be with him than Brandy. Middle of April getting close enough with Derby start May 4th and it's Brandy doing the slower trial times, not Verve. Depends if they continue to improve, should
Report LoyalHoncho April 15, 2018 6:34 PM BST
How do you know he showed more early pace than Monmore?  We haven't seen them together yet at Towcester to compare. lol.
Report woodmanchester April 15, 2018 6:35 PM BST
PS Trial are important, especially round certain tracks. I find them a decent guide to a dog's well-being. Adage, trials for show, races for dough but had loads of large priced winners on the strength of trials. Pointless? That's just your opinion
Report woodmanchester April 15, 2018 6:43 PM BST
Didn't say Verve was showing more early pace than Brandy. Saying he's showing more early pace himself round Towcester than Monmore
Report woodmanchester April 15, 2018 6:47 PM BST
For dogs that haven't raced each other round a certain track, you still gotta make assessments. True, Brandy's first trial a flying 5.09 (Verve just 5.15) last night but think Verve gets it overall, as the market narrowly suggests
Report garryc April 15, 2018 7:08 PM BST
i have made an assessment, you still are absolutely clueless,
Report casemoney April 15, 2018 7:33 PM BST
Rocket 15.52 sprint  i  put it Up Mesi  4 lenghts slower than queen anna
Report woodmanchester April 15, 2018 7:58 PM BST
Clonbrien Hero average too, 29.55calc
Report TheGoddess April 15, 2018 8:17 PM BST
Woody - Shotgun is 150 with Fred
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 15, 2018 8:29 PM BST
Redency no ??

Not got cat in hells chance in derby imo
Report woodmanchester April 16, 2018 12:18 AM BST
Behind Clonbrien Hero in a mediocre trial. Might have had 50p ew if 500/1! Laugh
Report metro john April 16, 2018 7:23 AM BST
The Monmore puppy Derby form is looking rather good at this stage. Certainly, clockers will be well aware.
Report metro john April 16, 2018 8:01 AM BST
Droopys Verve 3 runs 3 wins since puppy Final, including Newcastle 480m 28:43, Towcester 500m 29:12,  Towcester 500m 28:77   

Brinkleys Poet 2 races 2 wins, Kinsley 462m 27:36, Kinsley 462m 27:23

Now the above examples are the highlights thus far, others in the puppy Derby have run ok relative to their finishing positions and more importantly distance beaten. Ruthless Robbie beat in a Henlow A2 and then beaten 2nd at Towcester 500m 29:98.

We still need hard evidence that these youngsters can cross the experience divide that so often plays such a large part in any classic event, but so far the signs are relatively good.
Report metro john April 16, 2018 8:12 AM BST
Rising Brandy remains one of the more exciting greyhounds I have ever witnessed on limited evidence,  the heart rate increases with the very mention of the name.CoolLovehttp://community.betfair.com/greyhounds/go/thread/view/94094/30979445/2018-derby-schedule#
Report woodmanchester April 16, 2018 10:34 AM BST
Rising Brandy might be slightly wider than middle for Towcester?
Report TheGoddess April 17, 2018 10:41 AM BST
Fred in the habit every morning of pushing a few out - Verve back to 25 and Wildcat back to 28
Report wedge1 April 17, 2018 7:06 PM BST
amusing to read some of the comments on here regarding English based hounds
would rather form an opinion when I see what the emerald isle invade with
coz in my mind they will supply the winner
Report privatehire April 17, 2018 7:09 PM BST
Expecting a very strong raiding party wedge.
Report LoyalHoncho April 17, 2018 9:32 PM BST
I'm with you wedge.  I watch the trials and the first two rounds before I even think of having a bet.  Mind you, rating the Irish is always prudent, over-rating them isn't.  They were going to get the first three places last year.  Clares Rocket was considered unbeatable, Sonic was raved about and disappointed then Tyrur Shay showed us how he liked the track - and he still couldn't win it.
Report woodmanchester April 18, 2018 7:31 AM BST
Forest West and Bull Run Button trial today

Tomorrow some interesting ones include:
Wuheida
Black Zack
Roxholme Ray
Knockard Spring
Greenwell Jet
Newinn Shadow
Dorotas Hooligan
Report privatehire April 18, 2018 8:17 AM BST
Is it just me, an old fool, where av all the derby dogs gone? Apart from the well documented dogs returning from injury. Seems to me to be far to many bin lying on there beds for far to long. Winters rest, jesus, gona be some early casualties this year imo. Unless dogs under a cloud and we dont know about it. All this bullshit about leavin a bit in the tank. Its the fackin derby. If u dont av an edge on your dog at the start, u will be going home early. If ur dogs not up to speed how do u expect him to cope with an adverse draw or a very difficult heat.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 18, 2018 9:20 AM BST
Ph

That’s why rab wins few muti in early rds
But he’s gone by semi imo
Blancing act

As a punter early rds as always been cream value
By 3rd rd every tom duck Harry cotton on to the well drawn things
Report woodmanchester April 18, 2018 10:04 AM BST
On Romford form, thought Nidge could have been the one before injury

Bruisers had limitations exposed

Expert only 3rd in the Juvenile

Wildcat inconsistent starter

Magical Bale not raced since last November

Shay has it to prove after injury

Sonic lame at Shelbourne last Saturday

You may well ask about Derby dogs, Fatty

The two i'd concentrate on now are Droopys Verve and Dave

What price a Droopys prefix wins?! Laugh
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 18, 2018 10:14 AM BST
Plenty out sat towcester great card
Report privatehire April 18, 2018 10:21 AM BST
Just my opinion. In an ideal world.  U would want to av 3 races under ur belt going in2 it.
I realise sometimes thats not possible thru injury. I got lucky a few times over the years with a couple o dogs that come to mind. Managed to get lucky with easy draws first 2 rounds and dogs peaked semi,s and finals. Won the reading masters and the big race at oxford.
Report metro john April 18, 2018 11:29 AM BST
The luck element is always undervalued, the amount of luck with draws and snap from boxes etc is in group1 races unmeasurable. These youngsters still have to meet the experienced pace hounds that inevitably find out any weakness in character. Versatility up to a level is always nice to see in young hounds. Surprised by the interest in the English Derby and Irish Derby markets, many of the old boys rightfully tend to ignore the ante-post market, just too much dark matter!
Report woodmanchester April 18, 2018 11:40 AM BST
Each to their own Metro. Cream can often rise to the top antepost
Report privatehire April 18, 2018 11:40 AM BST
Agree metro with most of what u say. At least with ante post tho a huge risk the benefits for me outway the risk. Normally these days u cant get 2  bob on thats a fact. If ur willing to take a chance u can get ur money on at huge prices. I managed to invest a few quid at 66/1 colarhouse gerry a great shame for owner an trainer.An thats the pitfalls of ante post betting in a nutshell. U pays ur money n u take ur chance.
Report woodmanchester April 18, 2018 11:49 AM BST
I find in many competitions, the top dogs could go off odds on during the heats and out of my pocket really. So, prefer to back them at a decent price antepost. Plus you can throw in the odd huge outsider, looking for the 4 places money in many instances Wink
Report metro john April 18, 2018 12:47 PM BST
Monmore Puppy Derby final + Clock - https://youtu.be/XLQgS32cxOU
Report woodmanchester April 18, 2018 6:26 PM BST
28.39 (-20) Forest West

Button stumbled badly start, ignore trial

Excellent card for Trainers Championship meeting

Some stars going through their paces:

Rising Brandy
Calico Ranger
Bruisers Bullet
King Elvis
King Turbo
Magical Bale
Dorotas Wildcat
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 18, 2018 6:38 PM BST
It's a fantastic card at Towcester Saturday but gutted a certain dog is on the card, thought it could have been the bet of the competition in one of the special markets Sad does any sort of run in that race Saturday and it'll be a tight price for the market that interested me
Report privatehire April 18, 2018 6:39 PM BST
Interesting to c wer rising brandy goes without an ( m ) or a ( w ) on. And if the racing office will get involved. I havn,t seen his trials. Will be interesting.
Report wedge1 April 18, 2018 6:59 PM BST
premier fastest sectional I guess
fancy a spanner in the works in this market myselfCool
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 18, 2018 7:11 PM BST
I won't even look at that until the draw is made Wedge
Report wondersobright April 18, 2018 7:18 PM BST
some prices 1st would help as well lol
Report privatehire April 18, 2018 8:38 PM BST
Had a look at the card p.f. i said i would never set foot in the gaff but seriously thinkin about going. Lots to take in thats for sure.
Report woodmanchester April 18, 2018 8:42 PM BST
Take your binoculars, Private. Only way you can really watch the dogs is on the big screen
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 18, 2018 9:01 PM BST
No brainer imo
Would be to let people
Watch the racing
From horse track itself,
Corden off where needed,
So your 20ft away from the greyhound track
Have bookies line up on far rail.

Just dead space that in-between the
Groundstand and race track itself,
Than you can watch live racing
Not ants or big screen.

Somethink for them to think about come final
Night other than that I’d be watching towcester tv for the rds
As its good viewing.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 18, 2018 9:05 PM BST
The viewing is not that bad (was actually good from the balcony), not great but not a disaster (imo).
Sure it'll pretty much just be a repeat session like Shawfield
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 18, 2018 9:21 PM BST
To class from there pf Wink
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 18, 2018 9:22 PM BST
Only thing is they think 3000 More be there
That be busy
Report privatehire April 18, 2018 9:27 PM BST
Gona try n sort summit out tomorrow. Travel down friday. Go friday night sat,day mornin saturday night. Back sunday. Strictly council estate p.f. balcony sounds to posh for me Laugh
Report the bairn April 18, 2018 9:36 PM BST
my friends and I are going down thurs,fri sat. restaurant booked for the 3 nights, but some dirty stinking rat seemingly has changed the 1st rnd heats to fri sat sun. if this is so, I hope they only get enough dogs to run 2 nights. cheers,Cry
Report Money-Hungry April 18, 2018 9:42 PM BST
Can't wait for Saturday night. Let's all get to the track , fill the place with an atmosphere and show Sky and the top bookmakers that we don't need them in order for this sport to survive.
Report privatehire April 18, 2018 10:02 PM BST
Just done a bit o research. Looks like northampton be the best place. Couple o pubs in towcester might be handy but probably booked up. Try n get sorted tomorrow.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 18, 2018 10:03 PM BST
Travel lodge full
In Milton
I looked this morn
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 18, 2018 10:07 PM BST
We're in the Premier Inn on Swan Street in Northampton this year  (bit of a come down from the Hilton in Glasgow lol). Making our way up from Romford on the Saturday morning, easy to get to Towcester from there and Northampton lively enough for after racing.
Report privatehire April 18, 2018 10:11 PM BST
Think i can get train direct to northampton. Taxi there n back. 10 miles wont cost the earth. Hope theres a wedding on p.f.Laugh never seen so many tidy women in 1 place in weegieland.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 18, 2018 10:24 PM BST
It was incredible pal, they just kept arriving one after another for about 20mins ha
Some talent it was
Report woodmanchester April 19, 2018 6:12 AM BST
If just racing Friday/Saturday first round, going to be lots of disappointed people not getting in I reckon
Report privatehire April 19, 2018 6:54 AM BST
Are there restrictions on amount of people entering?
Report woodmanchester April 19, 2018 7:25 AM BST
Don't think so. Restaurant takes bookings up to 30 people and probably more, although fully booked Saturday
Report woodmanchester April 19, 2018 7:32 AM BST
We might be at crossed purposes, Private. If youre talking dog entries for the Derby, think it's going to be the dead 192 - so racing office will have to whittle some away if over-subscribed
Report LoyalHoncho April 19, 2018 11:37 AM BST
This King Bowie looks a very promising sort.  Rab and Liz keep delivering.
Report privatehire April 19, 2018 12:41 PM BST
Happy days all sorted. 2 nights in premier inn £130 all in. Got a train direct from edinburgh to northampton return on sunday £115. So the x,s aint 2 bad.
Report privatehire April 19, 2018 4:34 PM BST
Got back to pub got a pint. Mate asked me wots that. Said train tickets for wknd. He picked them up n said wer u goin told him northampton. He said these tickets are for wolverhampton. FFS had to go back up town n change them. Unbelievable.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 19, 2018 4:37 PM BST
Laugh the heat must have been getting to Ya, tropical here in Dublin. About time ffs only had 4 months straight of pissing rain
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 19, 2018 4:59 PM BST
Ph Laugh
Report privatehire April 19, 2018 5:25 PM BST
Old age. No fool like an old fool. I remembered where u said u were staying for derby p.f. so just booked in there.
Report LoyalHoncho April 19, 2018 7:14 PM BST
Unlucky PH.  Shocked  Laugh
Report TheGoddess April 19, 2018 7:27 PM BST
Either Droopys Verve, Dorotas Wildcat Or Bruisers Bullet To Win The Derby     12/1 - VERY GOOD OFFER FRO FRED!!
Report woodmanchester April 20, 2018 1:25 AM BST
Not much difference between Wolverhampton and Northampton. Your mate must think the Derby's at Monmore Green this year! Laugh
Report woodmanchester April 20, 2018 1:28 AM BST
Goddess, cant be having Bruisers. Verve and Wildcat a couple of mine and might have been interested in the 12/1 if it was Droopys Dave instead
Report irishone April 20, 2018 7:25 AM BST
Scum
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 20, 2018 7:36 AM BST
That run from Bonucci last night
Was amazing rd hove
In fact its one of best I’ve seen
From a dog straight off his Matt
Report woodmanchester April 20, 2018 11:17 AM BST
Done the card. Just waiting to see best prices they offer now Grin
Report metro john April 20, 2018 11:42 AM BST

Apr 20, 2018 -- 7:36AM, FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK wrote:

That run from Bonucci last night Was amazing rd hove In fact its one of best I’ve seen From a dog straight off his Matt

Would have to agree with you sir, Bonucc1 is a talent, massive speed figure last night, produced good figures in early career races and only a few disappointing runs in 12 races, was 4/5 last night mind but that said he delivered.

Report metro john April 20, 2018 11:52 AM BST
Not that keen on proper wide runners round Towcester mind, a personal view not fact but sometimes the sand out there looks a little loose?
Report woodmanchester April 20, 2018 4:51 PM BST
Some fancy prices about, not least:

Bluebird, Whoops, Button (all at 100/1)

Calico Brandy, Wuheida (125/1)

Carn Brae, Black Zack (200/1)

Theyve called it a day with Clares Rocket and Sonic now, so dont know why Hills still have them quoted
Report metro john April 20, 2018 6:43 PM BST
Droopys verve - Towcester 14th April 2018 + clock - https://waa.ai/zrsf

Just hand timed, so generally up to 2 spots inaccurate, playing around with sectional markers of observation, I will not be posting many videos until the very late stages of Derby for obvious reasons(storage and time etc) but just a guide for now.

Thought Calico Brandy ran a bit listless myself woody but still time to recover best form for the Derby so 125/1 is big indeed for traders but I would not be rushing to take it until a resurgence of form is viewed which of course would make that price tumble.
Report metro john April 20, 2018 8:01 PM BST
just reviewing the video above again and yes Droopys verve impressive and natural improvement more than possible but just wonder if the 500m is a little testing for him? stride noticeably shortening as you would expect after an exceptional burst of early pace, but remember you would expect for him to have company in the big event, that last 30m could prove along way home without it? who knows? just speculating! Bruisers ran a blinder, Calico Brandy did have excuses, short of room and checked a little but still a little listless for me?
Report woodmanchester April 20, 2018 8:53 PM BST
Bruisers lacks early and didn't see which way Verve went. For a strong dog, he would be closing home straight but the effort itself by Verve could be good enough to win the Derby, if maintaining that kind of speed
Report metro john April 20, 2018 9:17 PM BST
Absolutely, Woodsmanchester.
Report metro john April 20, 2018 9:43 PM BST
Verve for sure ran a stormer in the puppy Derby considering his position, not snapping the boxes and the loss of balance 6 secs into the race on the bend (big thing for a pace reliant hound who would prefer to be on the bunny)) Certainly for me that was his best performance thus far, Still believe there is little between Verve and Rising just prefer the latter determination and seemingly optimism for racing. both very good, maybe the brave amongst us should chance Calico tomorrow? really did have excuses in a fast run race, and the video evidence could be deceiving because in reality it never had a chance to get into the race after a very slow snap, but still just a little lacklustre to the bare eye.

Looking forward to it!CoolLove
Report metro john April 20, 2018 9:52 PM BST
A double Brandy methinks after all these reframing questions on the video evidence!Tongue Out
Report woodmanchester April 21, 2018 12:55 AM BST
Would that be alcohol or a reversed 'cast Rising/Calico in division 4?! Laugh
Report woodmanchester April 21, 2018 1:55 AM BST
Dunno why Whoops Jack been scratched after an electric sprint trial?
Report TheGoddess April 21, 2018 2:55 PM BST
why is the betting suspended?
Report Deptford April 21, 2018 7:22 PM BST
Tyrur Shay 28.31, 480 metres
Report Deptford April 21, 2018 7:36 PM BST
Bowser just been round
Report Deptford April 21, 2018 7:40 PM BST
Brandy holds off 2
Report Deptford April 21, 2018 7:40 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now