Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
beccaboo
03 Jan 18 18:26
| Topic/replies: 194 | Blogger: beccaboo's blog
Today on the bags circuit there are 113 races due to be run, that means 678 greyhounds running. Assuming that the dogs run twice in 7 days that means nearly 2400 dogs are needed to keep the whole sorry bookies benefit running. Then add in the other tracks i.e rpgtv and non live race meetings, the total today is over 3100 greyhounds needed. Does anyone know what the current amount of dogs in training is according to GBGB figures.
The crowds at the televised track will be mostly woeful, how is greyhound racing going to survive in the long term? Surely quality over quantity is the only way to progress the sport. I understand that prize money has been improved at most tracks (although some are still paying a pittance) we cannot continue with low grade fodder.
I heard champion trainer Mark Wallis remark that he is going to curtail running in one off opens as it is not viable to do so, this for me is the death knell for quality dogs running at tracks. My biggest fear is that the sky coverage of greyhounds will be diminished this year and make our sport more inaccessible to the general public (imagine the premier league not on the telly) !! In my opinion the bookie owned and media tracks are selling the family silver in order to make a few quid.
Do i have a definitive solution, probably not, but surely using greyhound racing the same as virtual racing (one every minute) is not the answer. Time will tell if the sport is sullied or not but the prospects in my opinion are bleak. Punters are now discouraged from having decent bets as the high st bookies manipulate markets and will only accept miniscule bets or close accounts they deem unprofitable to them. Rant over!!!!!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Where are all the dogs coming from
Show More
Report go racing January 3, 2018 6:45 PM GMT
....IMO it is only the owners that can do anything now.......no social on a Friday and Saturday what's that all about? TAKE YOUR DOGS AWAY TO SAVE THIS SPORT, you are paying to keep the roulette wheel running, can't put on a meeting without dogs. As for the mornings, who would be an owner at Central Park with all those mornings. If i didn't know better i would say it was April the first instead of January the first when all this lunacy started. Steve Fluin, Mark Wallis, Paul Young, anyone with any clout, stop this before it ends in disaster!
Report garryc January 3, 2018 6:51 PM GMT
this is going to end in a bad way,the amount of racing at the same time is insane but only time will tell ,i think its doing more to drive people away from the game rather than invite them in,the markets on here are diluted which will make people not bet on here for starters,what a mess
Report go racing January 3, 2018 7:04 PM GMT
....and that ar se licking [8 different roles a week, good at none of them } **** Darryl Williams has just said surely the more greyhound races will mean less virtual races. Errrr no uglybug, more virtuals and more dog races for the greedy cun ts. How is he let on air?
Report wondersobright January 3, 2018 7:09 PM GMT
was gunna post about him GR
absolutely sick of listening to him try to polish the turd
Report garryc January 3, 2018 7:23 PM GMT
the lack of a voice which would be against all this racing is a disgrace to the sport,can you imagine the percentage of people  who would be against this ,rpgtv are a joke ,alls well they will say and the paper too,slurpying on the gravy
Report wondersobright January 3, 2018 7:28 PM GMT
glug glug glug bisto gravy granules all sold out for 2018
Report Aladdin Sane January 3, 2018 7:46 PM GMT
One could easily be mistaken in thinking that the powers that be who control dog racing may also control those that cover and report on it!
Report treetop January 3, 2018 9:44 PM GMT
RP feeds off the sport,hardly likely to go disparaging the industry ?Thedamage will come from how the dogs are being disposed of,the Retirement support is only touching the surface,one of the media outlets will get hold of something negative soon.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now