Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
garryc
01 Jan 18 14:52
| Topic/replies: 1,565 | Blogger: garryc's blog
i know its the first day with the new tracks and so many meetings but the liquidity is not there,waste of time trying to get matched for any decent money,put £25 on and the market collapses .hope this gets better or its a waste of time
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View bags liquidity gone
Show More
Report hectoratoratora January 1, 2018 3:41 PM GMT
Whats it normally like on new years day?
Report wondersobright January 1, 2018 3:44 PM GMT
will be interesting to see what its like when things settle down & the new schedule becomes more familiar

but the fact is there is just FAR too much racing

and the cake can only be divided up so many times
Report garryc January 1, 2018 3:56 PM GMT
waste of time .its ok if u bet £20 but pointless trying to get matched for anything decent,there is going to be false markets as some people will take any odds just to get matched
Report Aladdin Sane January 1, 2018 4:02 PM GMT
Not surprised in the slightest are we? Who’s going to continually bet on something that you cannot possibly win on in the long run?
Bookie greed has absolutely killed the game.     Too much racing - majority of which is impossible-to-work-out dross.
Races graded so tightly that winner finding has become nigh on impossible. Massive (and deliberate) increase in graded 2 bend “bingo” races where trouble at the 1st bend is almost the norm. Yet they still expect punters to keep pouring their money into something they can’t generally win on.

How and why the big bookies were allowed to gain so much control of the sport to the extent that it now almost depends on them perplexes, angers and saddens me...

Oh, by the way - Happy New Year!!
Report Aladdin Sane January 1, 2018 5:09 PM GMT
Just 17 outright favs winning from the 88 graded races run so far today! I wonder why Bookies are keen to put on as much of this type of racing as they possibly can!
Report Deepdale Dreamer January 1, 2018 8:49 PM GMT
Do punters only back favourites?
Report sparrow January 1, 2018 9:09 PM GMT
Not bothering much tonight yet everytime I switch to the channel it's one of those 2 bend things on. Only a matter of time before they become the standard distance with anything over 460 metre qualifying as a marathon. The older I get the less I bother with this game.
Report Aladdin Sane January 2, 2018 11:21 AM GMT
4 Races every 10 minutes this morning! I do hope that the bookies have put on some virtual stuff fo fill those 20 second gaps where there’s nothing to bet on!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now