Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
privatehire
27 Dec 17 18:38
| Topic/replies: 486 | Blogger: privatehire's blog
On return from my sojourn to newcastle for the morning bags meeting i was greeted with a letter from above said firm. After speeking on several occasions to david stevens simon claire jessica bridge and denise ashelford. It took this rancid company 6 weeks to pay a bet which was legal from start to finish. The afore mentioned members of staff put obstacle after obstacle in our way and all we wanted was to recieve payment on a bet we placed in good faith.
This is the transcript of said letter.
Dear Mr g÷×*#^l.
I am writing in regards to a bet that was placed in our high street musselburgh shop.
I understand that payment was made by debit card to the  value of
£#@,$%÷,67 and we apologise for the delay. However as previously informed your business will no longer be accepted in our shops going forward. I hope the above clarifies our position.
Denise ashelford retail customer care manager.

If you had heard the way i was spoken 2 on the phone by ms ashelford being a customer care manager she is definitly being paid under false pretences because she dosn,t care 1 bit. I still dont know the reason y it took 6 weeks to get paid as i,ve never bin afforded an explanation. I personally dont give a monkeys that i,m bannex coz they are a 2 bob outfit run by mongrels.
Share |
Show More
Report garryc December 27, 2017 6:57 PM GMT
thats good you got a turn of them privatehire ,its a disgrace what this game has ended up like,you can do your brains every day in one of their shops but if you dare to win you are treated like a criminal,fxxxing disgrace
Report privatehire December 27, 2017 7:19 PM GMT
Hi garry, wen i went to get paid they told me to wait in shop. 6 hrs. No payment. Nxt time waited another 6 hours no payment. While i was there a bird sat at fruit machine for 5 hours i kid u not. Not a word said. 6 times i went to shop n they said they would pay me and didn,t. Then was told i was gettin paid by check. Told me check was issued but they hadn,t recieved it. Joke
Report garryc December 27, 2017 7:22 PM GMT
i would tell your story to a newspaper ,winners not allowed,people think you are making it up when you tell them these stories.nobody thinks the bookmakers would do this,disgrace the way things are now
Report privatehire December 27, 2017 7:28 PM GMT
I was going to get papers involved. Last resort. Spoke to the gamblig commision. They asked for names n telephone numbers of the area an regional managers. To be fare to them 2 lads i,m sure it was them that got us paid.
Report garryc December 27, 2017 7:32 PM GMT
they want all bets online so they can track then restrict ,although its the same in the shops it seems ,you get a turn then get barredCrazyi have not been in a shop in years but its obviously got a lot worse
Report privatehire December 27, 2017 7:39 PM GMT
Exactly as u said earlier in thread. Ur treated like a criminal an all u,v done is get a bet up. I might get in touch with the sun as they pay for stories. I dont want the money but they could make a donation to the rgt.
Report garryc December 27, 2017 7:45 PM GMT
the sun wont touch it private they are involved with sunbets ,better with the daily record up here ,not sure what gets read down south
Report privatehire December 27, 2017 7:47 PM GMT
No worries cheerz garry.
Report wondersobright December 27, 2017 7:47 PM GMT
good to hear the whankers eventually paid up ph
Report privatehire December 27, 2017 7:50 PM GMT
Took so long wonders. I actually thought i wouldn,t get paid near the end. I kept thinkin wot av i done wrong. Made me question myself.
Report wondersobright December 27, 2017 7:57 PM GMT
anything to delay or avoid paying out altogether

just be thankful it wasn't 1 of them online only bandit sh1testers as otherwise nae chance of getting paid
Report privatehire December 27, 2017 7:59 PM GMT
Ur right wonders
Report SlippyBlue December 27, 2017 8:57 PM GMT
The late Cyril Stein will be spinning in his grave at what has become of his company. A friend of mine is the manageress of a shop not that far from me and her husband goes straight to her shop after he has finished work to stay with her as she is too frightened to be there single manning in the evenings. A truly rancid outfit who treat their staff disgustingly.
Report privatehire December 27, 2017 9:19 PM GMT
The world we live in slippy. Disgraceful. Me n the boys used to sit in ladbrokes till closing so the girls wouldn,t be on there own. Take coffees in for them. Chocs. Buscuits. N thats the thanx u get. Dont come back.
Report starship December 28, 2017 10:37 AM GMT
my mate had a bet with ladcrooks in a open race off BAGS.
the bet copped.
he went to draw and they said because it was not on the BAGS  card , the bet was viod.
he pionted out to the manager to the rules on the wall, that clearly stated,
WE ACCEPT BETS ON ALL OPEN RACES.
still they would not pay him.
he rung up customers service and pionted out the rule.
still would not pay him.
he wrote to the chairman, again highlighting the rule in bold type.
still would not pay.
he got ibas involved.
he finally got paid six months later.
honestly, he should got paid straight away and not six months later.
if someone from ladcrooks reads this, plz expain,
what the pionts of having rules if the company tries not to abide by them when they are not in they favour
Report privatehire December 28, 2017 11:29 AM GMT
Its a joke starship. I think its about time these companies should be made by law to lay any customer a bet on anything to lose a thousand pounds or the government revokes there license to trade. There are no bookmakers left in my opinion. Only accountants.
Report guessworker December 28, 2017 12:30 PM GMT
The Gambling Commission do not deal with disputes between bookmaker and client.
Report devilsadvocate December 28, 2017 12:53 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2017 -- 6:30AM, guessworker wrote:

The Gambling Commission do not deal with disputes between bookmaker and client.

True, but they can deal with issues regarding a bookmakers integrity...the old 'fit and proper persons' test.

Report privatehire December 28, 2017 12:54 PM GMT
I recieved advice from them. And i know they asked questions an spoke to area an regional managers. When they did the area and regional managers pushed for payment. I was paid 2 days later.
Report starship December 28, 2017 4:21 PM GMT
PS
finally got a message from ladbokes,
we will pay because it is in our rules to accept such bets.
took six months to realise it was in their rules to accept bets on open races
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now