Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wondersobright
22 Nov 17 21:58
| Topic/replies: 55,115 | Blogger: wondersobright's blog
stanton says they have plenty of dogs ready for the juggernaut of sh1te that starts in january

well it sure doesn't look like it judged by the grading on tonight's card, 4x 5-dog races on a 10 race card
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View SITTINGBOURNE
Show More
Report wondersobright November 23, 2017 8:29 PM GMT
this gaff is absolutely full of crippled dogs
Report clacton November 24, 2017 4:28 PM GMT
I can only see 2 x 5 dog races
Report clacton November 24, 2017 4:28 PM GMT
On Friday
Report clacton November 24, 2017 4:31 PM GMT
The non runners on Wednesday were down to non arrivals not a lack of dogs.
Report FrankRA November 24, 2017 9:59 PM GMT
Went Sittingbourne a few times over the last 5 years until I moved back to
Sussex in March,was like going back to the 50s.
Report wondersobright December 14, 2017 7:45 PM GMT
down to 9 race cards now, including 4 intertrack races tonight

they are woefully short of dogs & they will be up sh1t creek without a paddle when the new schedule is in full swing in under 3 weeks time
Report Ravage Again December 14, 2017 8:10 PM GMT
Loads of tracks will be short of dogs

A lot of opens now are maiden open more like crappy a1 or a2 races

What happens if more of races are run to fill cards

Once a dog wins one that's it can't run in maidens anymore
Report wondersobright December 14, 2017 9:18 PM GMT
1 good thing with sitters leaving rptv won't have to suffer that buffoon "commentating" any longer
Report privatehire December 14, 2017 10:09 PM GMT
Wonders av it on good authority mr boothby bought evrything with 4 legs last thurles sales. Welfare gona be huge issue nxt year. Aint no dogs an more racing. Gona be disaster. Whats the spread lads on amount of tracks get shut nxt year. I think 4 minimum.
Report Ravage Again December 14, 2017 10:39 PM GMT
Yer be some races at henlow next year with 6 savanas in

Just have to hope you can write savana on the slip and get it on
Report woodmanchester December 15, 2017 7:33 AM GMT
Laugh
Report wondersobright December 20, 2017 8:36 PM GMT
some of the worst grading I've ever seen
Report wondersobright December 20, 2017 8:38 PM GMT
and more 4 and 5 dog races there tonight and another week of 9 race cards
this track will be on its uppers soon
Report garryc December 20, 2017 8:50 PM GMT
9 races 4 sprints out of the 9
Report wondersobright December 20, 2017 8:58 PM GMT
another track that has gone down the pan with poor management & no sense of direction

listening to (and paying for) stanton's "advice" is a classic
Report privatehire December 20, 2017 8:59 PM GMT
Mr cearns bin there for a long time now. Looks like a sinking ship to me despite of all the promised riches. Not be a big price to lose its contract for sure.
Report wondersobright December 20, 2017 9:07 PM GMT
cant see how they can fulfil the contract of so many meetings a week???

cant even put a 9 race card on with full fields
they pay sh1t money £40-£55 win prize money for most races
half the dogs are crippled around there as well imo

similar to towcester except their baby was hurdles races instead of 8 dog racing
makes you wonder who is making these decisions or worse taking a salary to make them
coz they have not clue about greyhound racing and the sport as a product in the UK & ireland
fkin clueless same as the white elephant place
Report sparrow December 20, 2017 9:25 PM GMT
They also tried handicaps at Sittingbourne but ought to have known that southerners don't like them.
Report wondersobright December 20, 2017 9:30 PM GMT
great point sparrow
that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about, clueless
Report privatehire December 20, 2017 9:31 PM GMT
All it would nead is 1 of the trainers with a big strength to up stumps. Tits up. Not sure it might av bin you sparrow on another thread. 8 race cards the way forward.
Report wondersobright December 20, 2017 9:42 PM GMT
I like anything from 8-10 race cards tbh, more than that bores the life out of me, 8 would be cool by me (towc sat mornings is 8 that timeframe of 2 hours ish does work well)

just make sure the fields are full 6 dog races, reserves instead of vacant boxes
mostly 4 bend races but a bit of variety is good, yes have 1 sprint, a 6 bend race, a couple of hcaps if track usually has them etc
proper win & appearance money, less than 100 quid for any races trainers & owners should walk away
forget all about hurdles racing, dodges off the card for good

spread the jam a little less thin give the game a chance
Report sparrow December 20, 2017 9:43 PM GMT
It was me privatehire who argued a return to 8 race cards. I think it is long overdue but the bookmakers control the sport now and they will decide whatever suits them best.
Report sparrow December 20, 2017 9:54 PM GMT
I recall that on Bank Holidays tracks were allowed to have 12 race cards and we all thought that was far too much. I think more than 8 races were only allowed on special occasions such as holidays and Derby night.
Report privatehire December 20, 2017 9:58 PM GMT
I,m sure thats right sparrow. Think only the strong tracks will survive now. Just a for instance. I got dog runnin crayford tomorrow night. A1. Win £220 2nd £70 others £60. Yet they still persist with openz at £150 for winner its an absolute joke.
Report sparrow December 20, 2017 10:08 PM GMT
I never even noticed that privatehire. Can't believe opens paying less than graded and how long has that been going on? I only play the long distance races these days so I'm a little out of touch with these things.
Report privatehire December 20, 2017 10:16 PM GMT
Crayford graded probably best prize money in country. Maiden opens should be banned imediately they dont serve any purpose. Cards are fullo them at moment. Any open should be £250 minimum. N £50 for others. Otherwise they should not be sanctioned. This day n age its disgraceful
Report sparrow December 20, 2017 10:24 PM GMT
Tomorrow I will look at some old copies of the Greyhound Express from 50 years ago that I have and compare prize money with today. You usually have to multiply by around 17 to equate with todays money so that might be interesting.
Report privatehire December 20, 2017 10:38 PM GMT
Just lookin at race again sparrow. Trap 6 a non runner. Prize money £220 win £80 2nd £70 others. Brilliant.
Report sparrow December 20, 2017 10:47 PM GMT
Best of luck with that one tomorrow then privatehire.
Report privatehire December 20, 2017 10:58 PM GMT
Proper dog. Off 5 months serious injury. We look after him. Once evry 10 days. Actually blackie. Only had couple o runs sunderland for a pal o mine. He rung me 2 mins from the off. Told me to get wot i could on him. Hacked up. I bought it of him after race. Wonders might know him. Sunderland was his track.
Report wondersobright December 21, 2017 10:12 AM GMT
GL ph
not following the gaff like I was but I remember the race on the channel, other joint fav in that race is a screw anyway & automatic take on @ those prices so perfect race to pile 1 you fancy against it
Report privatehire December 21, 2017 10:34 AM GMT
My mate is highnoon on here. He dont post much.
Report wondersobright December 21, 2017 1:31 PM GMT
too busy orchestrating the edinburgh mafia Grin aye mate could tell with the post about that outstanding issue with the counts lads/ok corral
Report wondersobright December 27, 2017 7:45 PM GMT
well said whoever sent that email in about sittingbourne

not enough dogs for their current commitments let alone for next year
and too many sprints is a borefest
Report garryc December 27, 2017 7:58 PM GMT
the cards have been shocking round there for weeks wonders,4 sprints again,i dont know who punts on them
Report privatehire December 27, 2017 8:18 PM GMT
Barry stanton ex ladbrokes mouthpiece evrytime he,s on he,s giving it the bigun about sitters. Gaff will close. Odds on to shut. No way can they cover upcoming schedule with the strength they av.
Report wondersobright December 27, 2017 8:31 PM GMT
privatehire • December 27, 2017 8:18 PM GMT
Barry stanton ex ladbrokes mouthpiece evrytime he,s on he,s giving it the bigun about sitters

been getting a consultancy fee since he left cray Wink

the man is full of sh1t ph, thinks he knows it all as well
Report privatehire December 27, 2017 8:33 PM GMT
Defo wonders. He,s a buffoon.
Report Aladdin Sane December 28, 2017 9:28 AM GMT
Another 9 race card comprising of 4 sprints tonight.  Complete dross that the RPGTV gravy train crew will somehow try to promote and defend as good, competitive racing..
Report sparrow December 28, 2017 1:05 PM GMT
Only a matter of time before this 2 bend stuff becomes the standard distance.  Once you would only see these races at flapping tracks but now they're all flapping tracks. Plain
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now