Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wondersobright
16 Nov 17 20:46
| Topic/replies: 55,242 | Blogger: wondersobright's blog
kay fabulous flair odds on nap LAST
stanton fabulous flair odds on nap LAST

Laugh good job the GT pays well
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View GRAVY TRAIN MUGS
Show More
Report garryc November 16, 2017 8:58 PM GMT
does anyone pay attention to their tips, i know i dont ,fav fav fav thats all you get off them
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:11 PM GMT
JK reckons you won't get 2k on in a betting shop but there are "ways and means"

what would that be then JK, send the "gang members" out, pony each, 80 shops, on the non existant earlies LaughLaughLaugh WAFLOS
Report garryc November 16, 2017 9:14 PM GMT
hes not a punters friend ,bookmakers puppet
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:17 PM GMT
aint seen him on rptv for a while, looks to have gone up a size or 2
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:19 PM GMT
6 runs a month how the fack is that sustainable please???
just giving the antes free ammo imo
Report garryc November 16, 2017 9:22 PM GMT
yea wonders this is gonna have a bad ending ,dont like how its all going
Report clacton November 16, 2017 9:29 PM GMT
The greed will see the end of dog racing within 5 years. Who wants to run dogs in the daytime in front of empty stadiums
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:29 PM GMT
schedule is just a joke & welfare will be the 1st thing that suffers

dogs will be running mon, thurs, mon, thurs, dogs with niggles will be kept on card or rushed back quicker, bitches under more and more pressure to be suppressed or run through ssn

12 meetings scheduled for mondays in the winter ffs!! madness
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:32 PM GMT
they've completely lost the plot with this

whole point of the sport is evening racing, go to track enjoy the craic, the food, the alcohol etc

yes daytime racing has its place but friday and saturday nights being sacked off for midweek mornings is just utter madness
and is so so so short sighted it beggars belief
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:34 PM GMT
owners can watch on their phones fackin moron
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:36 PM GMT
and stanton if you think sky are going to be giving you a friday night slot for the springbok you are off your rocker my friend
Report privatehire November 16, 2017 9:37 PM GMT
I was workin down south in kennels for the last 5 months. Back home to edinburgh last week. Up town to nank on saturday to get some readies. On that day xmas shoppers remembrance parades and 80 odd thousand heading to murrayfield for rugby. Wondered why u could hardly walk. Opposite balmoral hotel princes street. 20 anti,s spouting **** had literally hundreds of people queing up to sign petitions to get dog racing banned. Stood for 15 minutes hundreds people signing. Couldn,t believe wot i was watching. On borrowed time asit is. Might come sooner than we think.
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:41 PM GMT
agree ph

best advice I can give anyone who is working in the industry or earns from punting dogs, make sure you have other things on the go other than dogs if you aren't in a position where you don't rely on the money it gives you or you're too old and its too late to worry about how it will affect you
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:44 PM GMT
JK embracing the change quelle surprise
Report garryc November 16, 2017 9:45 PM GMT
its not going to be the end but its going to make sure its all scaled down,more tracks will go sooner than we think when this all comes to a head ,
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:48 PM GMT
its a steadily sinking ship garry, biggest problem for me is the mass appeal is not there with the sport, the more mugs betting on dogs the better as far as I'm concerned, get to a situation where its basically shark v shark on here much much harder game imo
Report clacton November 16, 2017 9:53 PM GMT
Stanton said they might charge a small entrance fee to daytime meetings. Is he joking
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 9:59 PM GMT
unbelievable clacton Sad
Report garryc November 16, 2017 9:59 PM GMT
i wonder how the liquidity will be on here when theres going to be so many tracks on the go at the same time,its sure to take a hit which worries me
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 10:01 PM GMT
it will be diabolical garry, thin markets galore, clashes galore
Report garryc November 16, 2017 10:03 PM GMT
thats what i am not looking forward too,
Report garryc November 16, 2017 10:06 PM GMT
hopefully they guys that bet 1/2 and 2/5 shots at hove stay about lolLaugh
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 10:06 PM GMT
Laugh
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 10:07 PM GMT
and woody with the 11/10 sure things double Laugh
Report privatehire November 16, 2017 10:09 PM GMT
Thats the problem wonders. Think the firms aregetting to the end of the line at limiting the shrewd money as most of lads are betfair only now. I think firms are worried about the fruit machines. If they get limited many shops will close. No 1 in shops north of border. Was in shop monday. 6 n a half hour stretch. Magic sign shop n a bird sat for 6 hrs putting money in machine. I kid u not. Makes u sick.
Report garryc November 16, 2017 10:11 PM GMT
hes an absolute joker wonders 1/2 and 2/5 ,i laid the first one and backed tyrur dragi in the next,hope he starts betting bigLaugh
Report Czechbet November 16, 2017 10:15 PM GMT
yep they've fcked it all up and in most parts on purpose no doubt Cry

I owe the sport so much, punting dogs has been my sole income for 15 years in dec this year not 1p from anything else!

next year gonna pack up punting obviously gutted but its very intense and i'm sure my health will appreciate it lol

actually why did i just pay 6k for a dog today ffs Crazy
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 10:16 PM GMT
ph was in a hills few months ago wanting couple of bets & cash to pick up, looked at guy who was on machine with over 2k in
next thing he's asking cashier for a coffee so what does she do, that's right she stopped serving me, went to the coffee machine & served the fackin whale
^^^^^ that is basically the game now
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 10:20 PM GMT
been a golden time for punting czech (a lot of other sports too not just dogs)

people say never a better time to be a punter, the biggest load of bowlarks you will ever hear
what they mean is never been a better time to be a 5 pound punter
Report irishone November 16, 2017 10:25 PM GMT

Nov 16, 2017 -- 10:16PM, wondersobright wrote:

ph was in a hills few months ago wanting couple of bets & cash to pick up, looked at guy who was on machine with over 2k innext thing he's asking cashier for a coffee so what does she do, that's right she stopped serving me, went to the coffee machine & served the fackin whale^^^^^ that is basically the game now

It wasnt woody by any chance ?    LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report clacton November 16, 2017 10:27 PM GMT
Can see there will be a big drop in Open races. Owners buy dogs with the dream of winning Opens.Owners will be dropping out of the sport in droves
Report Czechbet November 16, 2017 10:34 PM GMT
correct mate lot of difference between making it pay ie showing any kind of profit to actually making a living..

this last year been my best ever in truth hit couple good accas, but the golden time in general was pre recession loose money absolutely everywhere, could kid the shops along as a small looking punter and go right under the radar never really questioned, certain few billy big bowlarks types about then most skint now no doubt and they had an army of sheep all wanting on same dog any price blah blah...if you were clever enough to come up with something better than them in a race xmas
Report Czechbet November 16, 2017 10:39 PM GMT
i dont think you can blame bookies primarily, the product is fcked they lost faith and make more money made on machines and other stuff, i would do the same as a stone cold money man

GBGB have the whole blame from me = useless ****s
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 10:44 PM GMT
yes czech, its the accountants that rule the roost at all the firms now, have done for years
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 10:48 PM GMT
clacton I think they are relying on the buzz that people get out of owning dogs & the social side

certainly there are v few, if any, other reasons why owners would invest in the sport imo
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 10:49 PM GMT
I'm not opposed to less opens in principle though
there are too many now & it has diluted the value of what we class as an open imo
some tracks are running opens with A4-A6 dogs filling them ffs
Report Czechbet November 16, 2017 10:59 PM GMT
totally agree opens definitely been devalued and even the classically tough graded tracks like Monmore and Hove have been softened massively... you don't even have to spend 10k to get a Towcester grader anymore Tongue Out
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 11:01 PM GMT
lol
Report Czechbet November 16, 2017 11:06 PM GMT
think we will see a major track go under next year its become survival of the fittest and that's it and notmany are in good shape once all this short term money that's been banded about runs out... If ATR tracks are SP only what really is the point of being an owner?

your dog wont just be used by the track it will abused !!!

If i were coral/ladbrokes i wouldn't pay ATR for the rights to show the other tracks bowlarks to them, just show own tracks dont take a bet anyway and put some cartoons on

ATR top brass must be on bad drugs
Report Czechbet November 16, 2017 11:15 PM GMT
when i was 15/16 years old a crowd of us used to go down the dogs bet 20p etc on the tote where mates mum worked, nobody went skint or developed gambling problems we knew all the best dogs brilliant times. Bunk off school get the coach from track on the intertrack days follow all our dogs, these things just cant happen now.

Times have obviously changed but there is always a solution and the governing body could have evolved with it and still made the sport appealing, rather than just milk whats left for themselves and nobody can argue that's exactly what they have done

'gravy train' times have changed blah blah whimper on a solemn tone... = pathetic losers
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 11:15 PM GMT
present is pretty bleak, future is flat out undeniably bleak

if the FOBTs are hit hard, I can pretty much guarantee you that taking bets on dogs (and horses etc) will not become priority
it will be a huge push of all the other things that has escaped the stake restrictions, things the firms know they always end up winning on & for no effort

so that's the cartoon racing, the scratch cards, the 49s etc
the leeches will make damn sure all that sh1te is pushed hard
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 11:17 PM GMT
no bags track championship czech SadSad
1 of the few good things the sport has achieved in the last decade or so
GONE
Report Czechbet November 16, 2017 11:20 PM GMT
yep 100%, mind you they fcked that up also didn't they? what was it different last year? first few years worked flawless absolutely brilliant comp attract more new owners in than the derby imo and they changed something to make it worse?
Report Czechbet November 16, 2017 11:26 PM GMT
the year we bought a top class bitch only time entered the derby, shes 15 weeks out of season, first round a heat of death, scottish derby winner (forgot name),farloe rumble and adageo bob oh and first two qualify fck off!!!

bob led game over scot derby winner turns second we turn 3rd run brilliant and are out, now who the fck makes it first two qualify her time wins most other heats made up of comedy graders if knew the format wouldn't have entered

actually instead of all the ranting about them can we or anyone think of a good idea they have had or anything positive they have done ??????
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 11:26 PM GMT
yes the later format changes were own goals (typical Sad) although done right was a jewel in the sport imo
track v track competitive spirit, final on sky sports, pre-xmas bash etc etc so much going for it
Report Czechbet November 16, 2017 11:28 PM GMT
yep and always massive turn out at the tracks also
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 11:30 PM GMT
litter of pups from her czech Cool
Report wondersobright November 16, 2017 11:31 PM GMT
1st 2 qualifying in derby please please don't get me on my long run up haha
Report casemoney November 17, 2017 12:04 AM GMT
whole point of the sport is evening racing, go to track enjoy the craic, the food, the alcohol etc

yes daytime racing has its place but friday and saturday nights being sacked off for midweek mornings is just utter madness
and is so so so short sighted it beggars belief

Missed this Thread ,Spot on..

Its beyond belief  anything to do with reality is swept away Mate ,Not to be discussed , Kay with his Brave new world WALOFS
Report Czechbet November 17, 2017 12:19 AM GMT
shes just recently had a litter to roddick wonders Love
Report irishone November 17, 2017 1:56 PM GMT
someone once told me there are two types of people, those that watch star trek and those that watch casualty , think the gravy train mugs are all on star trek
Report privatehire November 17, 2017 3:34 PM GMT
Space cadets
Report LoyalHoncho November 17, 2017 4:02 PM GMT
Live long and prosper!  Laugh
Report LoyalHoncho November 17, 2017 4:11 PM GMT
Good luck with them czech.  I like the sire and the Droopys Kewell component.
Report casemoney November 17, 2017 9:04 PM GMT
Its Life Irish , but not as we know it Grin
Report LoyalHoncho November 17, 2017 9:07 PM GMT
Brilliant case.  Whether I agree with you or not I love the analogy.
Report irishone November 20, 2017 9:11 AM GMT
good read this thread

appears to be so different from most of the other threads
Report wondersobright December 1, 2017 7:15 PM GMT
oioi 5/2 winning lay for jack
Report Deptford December 1, 2017 7:20 PM GMT
He gets better and better, and clueless Darryl nap up in smoke in same race
Report eyeball December 1, 2017 7:23 PM GMT
It's a joke.....have they no shame . I can't believe the jiberish they come out with , actually believing they know how to read a race . The female was absolutely cringeworthy the other evening......at least I should earn something off the spreads with a buy of "you know "
Report wondersobright December 1, 2017 7:29 PM GMT
eye...schoolboy error but I was switching channels on monday and had the sound on for 10 seconds, heard her say "I've been known to move markets in my time" literally couldn't stop laughing and eventually composed myself to press the mute button
Report wondersobright December 1, 2017 7:31 PM GMT
she was on RUK back in the summer covering racing from beverley (ladies day)

she said watch out for horses with quirky names as the ladies day crowd will be affecting the market

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh EPIC
Report Deptford December 1, 2017 7:33 PM GMT
Puppy fat, another closely graded race, fooking clueless, as for Tanya, that was hide behind the sofa tv
Report wondersobright December 1, 2017 7:38 PM GMT
another closely graded race, here's my nap, the thinnest price on the card Laugh
Report garryc December 1, 2017 7:38 PM GMT
the standard of guest is at an all time low
Report Deptford December 1, 2017 7:39 PM GMT
Leeds V Villa, thankfully
Report wondersobright December 1, 2017 7:39 PM GMT
this train needs an urgent clearout, starting tonight
Report LoyalHoncho December 1, 2017 7:41 PM GMT
Standars Sunders.  Carnage at the first bend and thirty lengths between first and last.
Report Deptford December 1, 2017 7:42 PM GMT
I like Teresa, always got on well with her when had a dog with them
Report garryc December 1, 2017 7:42 PM GMT
oh no hear we go towcesters great
Report LoyalHoncho December 1, 2017 10:08 PM GMT
What a joke that first bend is at Sunders.
Report irishone December 2, 2017 8:12 AM GMT
lot of people over there are so far up their own backsides they think their sh1t smells of roses
Report casemoney December 2, 2017 12:46 PM GMT
JK makes sure his does
Report irishone December 13, 2017 7:11 PM GMT
gravy trainers sh1tting themselves .........no more skynites w t f ???????????LaughLaughLaugh
Report irishone December 13, 2017 7:13 PM GMT
hobbsy not happy ...chapman not happy

the golden goose comes home to rest you muppets  LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Ravage Again December 13, 2017 8:25 PM GMT
Yer money for old rope

Come on Julie get outside and do some proper interviews on you're last night
Report irishone December 13, 2017 8:36 PM GMT

Dec 2, 2017 -- 8:12AM, irishone wrote:

lot of people over there are so far up their own backsides they think their sh1t smells of roses

gravy train r s holes .... now spouting out about wots wrong with the sport

not a word any other night

Report Aladdin Sane December 13, 2017 9:02 PM GMT
Hobbsy:  Waffle, waffle, waffle, there’s no question about that, waffle, I have to say, waffle, waffle, there’s no question about that, waffle, waffle, I have to say, waffle, waffle, I have to say that there’s no question about that..
Report irishone December 13, 2017 9:08 PM GMT
the gravy train driver for sure , using the game for his own interests.....spineless gutless .
Report casemoney December 13, 2017 11:00 PM GMT
Would Imagine Romford Jacks Clock is Ticking his beloved Rommers Gone , He knows sweet FA about anywhere else Plain...
Report irishone December 14, 2017 9:56 AM GMT
......not to mention clarkey
Report wondersobright January 10, 2018 7:08 PM GMT
great to hear RPTV finally addressing the big issues.................................................NOT
Report wondersobright January 10, 2018 7:09 PM GMT
yes I will place my bets with ok korral online PMSL
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now