Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bobweenit
10 Feb 19 21:35
| Topic/replies: 69,524 | Blogger: bobweenit's blog
Mostly for ones who throw tournies away on payday!   But feel free to vent here or predict a epic choke about to happen as well!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Thread 4 CHOKERS!
Show More
Report bobweenit February 10, 2019 10:39 PM GMT
Wade Ormsby choked so hard today! totally bottled about 3 x 6 ft birdie putts on the back 9 then massively fooked up on 17 with a double!
Report bobweenit February 10, 2019 10:40 PM GMT
Casey primed 4 a choke today as well! He loves to throw tournies away!
Report GRANTCKING February 10, 2019 10:42 PM GMT
Laugh
Report GRANTCKING February 10, 2019 10:43 PM GMT
richard sterne added to this last from a few weeks ago, useless feck
Report GRANTCKING February 10, 2019 10:45 PM GMT
once johnny finds this thread hes going to be posting alot
Report lewisham ranger February 10, 2019 11:00 PM GMT
most golfers are bottlers. so easier to name the non-bottlers.

tiger a non-bottler in his prime, but more capable of a bottle now, especially in a major. everyone vulnerable to this.

I'd have sworn that kevin na/ paul casey/ Brendan steele/ lee westwood/ matt kuchar/ name your bottler here would never have won a tournament again based on their bottling of late, but all have won a tournament recently. every golfer out there capable of mental muggery and also capable of looking like a mental beast.

having said that I still think graham delaet and ryan palmer will struggle to ever win another tournament Grin
Report jedi sophie February 10, 2019 11:28 PM GMT
Callum Shinkwin cost me in region of 12k with his almost impossible choke down 18...
Still the most pathetic display I've ever witnessed.
Thought impossible to lose how he did but he managed it.

An utter ****. Hes never recovered. Hope he never does.
Report GRANTCKING February 10, 2019 11:29 PM GMT

Feb 10, 2019 -- 5:28PM, jedi sophie wrote:

Callum Shinkwin cost me in region of 12k with his almost impossible choke down 18...Still the most pathetic display I've ever witnessed.Thought impossible to lose how he did but he managed it.An utter ****. Hes never recovered. Hope he never does.

omfg I remember this one, was insane

Report jedi sophie February 10, 2019 11:30 PM GMT
A complete moron.
Report bobweenit February 11, 2019 1:06 AM GMT

Feb 10, 2019 -- 4:40PM, bobweenit wrote:

Casey primed 4 a choke today as well! He loves to throw tournies away!

It's easy when you know how!

Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 11, 2019 5:21 PM GMT
johnnythebull • February 11, 2019 11:21 AM GMT
I have no financial interest in this.....
fair play to Phil (didn't hit any moving balls today tho'.. wonder why that is?!)
Stallings another choker, played some great golf, missed a cpl of birdie chances then a bogey..he could've gone really close to winning

Total Bosman • February 11, 2019 2:47 PM GMT
I see in classic forum style Phil is a genius for shooting -6 on a tricky day at Pebble and Stallings a pathetic bottler for shooting -6 on a tricky day at Pebble.

Care to explain BOB ?
Report bobweenit February 11, 2019 6:35 PM GMT
What would you like me to explain the musings of jonnythebull? He is his own Man he can do that for himself.But I would say it's a hell of a lot easier to shoot -6 coming from way of the pace and not in contention than to do that in the final pairing chasing down the leader.
Report lewisham ranger February 11, 2019 9:09 PM GMT
Paul Casey has been inducted into the chokers hall of fame, after his sputtering finish handed Phil Mickleson a 44th career win.

Casey himself was delighted to receive this award. "It's a great pleasure to enter the chokers hall of fame, alongside chokers like Lee Westwood, Jean Van Der Velde and Monty. Normally a player has to choke away a few majors to enter the hall of fame so early in their career, but my consistency in throwing away PGA tour leads has seen me alongside some of the legends of the game. I'm literally over the moon and will wear my badge of chokeness to any tournament I refuse to play in on humanitarian grounds. Go team casey!"

Crazy
Report kincsem February 11, 2019 11:04 PM GMT
Jean van de Velde on a pinnacle.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 11, 2019 11:18 PM GMT
These c*nts (and we use 'le mot juste') Afterthought, johnnythebull & bobweenit, three born chokers themselves, go on the sh8te list for next Sunday afternoon. If you've nothing good to say, then say nothin' at'all.

Catch Me ifyoucan • March 29, 2015 4:00 PM BST
WHAT IS ABOUT SUNDAY AFTERNOON THAT ATTRACTS THESE A**E H***S...
...likes FLYS TO SH8T.
Not one constructive post on the thread ALL FCUKING WEEK then all of a sudden feel the urge to.....

johnnythebull • March 29, 2015 4:01 PM BST
remember Ormsby bottling one last year when leading but could sneak in under the radar so long as he doesn't look at the l/b

bobweenit • March 29, 2015 4:02 PM BST
Constructive criticism is if your at school, this is a betting forum where u make money laying and ripping bottle jobs.

I well understand Bob, TYVM.
But for someone with "no financial interest in this" to come on and sprout shi8e, is a bit too much imho.

...Anyways, happy for ye - Afterthought, johnnythebull & your good self (bobweenit) - that ye now have your OWN THREAD Devil
Report bobweenit February 12, 2019 12:46 AM GMT
Only did it you oblige you Catch me Devil Keep your threads nice and clean.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 12, 2019 12:48 AM GMT
Grin
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 12, 2019 1:12 AM GMT
STAT:

Players entering Sunday with a three-shot lead over the field - Golfers have only converted similar leads at a 7-for-13 (53.8%) clip over the last three seasons. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 12, 2019 1:22 AM GMT
STAT:

What percentage of 54 Hole leaders with a 3 Stroke lead go on to win?

1 shot: Only 26% win
2 shots: 40%
3 shots: 42%
4+ shots: 83%

"Keep your threads nice and clean" Tongue Out - not my threads, but thanks in advance for keeping all yere shi8e on this thread Tongue Out
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 12, 2019 1:59 AM GMT
Paul Casey was the fifth player this season to hold a 3-shot lead thru 54 holes, and the fourth to lose it....only Justin Rose (at the Farmers) converted.

Gary Woodland (Sentry TOC), Tony Finau (WGC-HSBC), Brandt Snedeker (Safeway) and now Casey, all finished 2nd, Finau and Snedeker losing in sudden death btw.
Report bobweenit February 17, 2019 11:38 PM GMT
there at it in againGrin
Report lewisham ranger February 17, 2019 11:41 PM GMT
funny how Spieth used to be one of the mentally strongest players on the pga tour, now he's one of the weakest.

jt seems keen to follow in his buddy's footsteps.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 18, 2019 11:17 AM GMT
bobweenit • February 18, 2019 12:06 AM GMT
JB another of golfs greatest chokers

Where this comment belongs (after Holmes won his 5th TOUR title,
Cell 1 Cell 2
Cell 3 Cell 4
Genius Open). This thread was made for you Tongue OutLaugh
Report bobweenit February 18, 2019 12:12 PM GMT
I see you posted your bet on Holmes  to back this upShocked oh no thought not LaughLaugh
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 18, 2019 3:10 PM GMT
BOB,
HAD NO BET on Holmes - just fancied the weather and time wave he was in, at that stage (on Friday nite) would suit him (and a few others Taylor T9 Ancer T44).
Luckily "when the going gets tough, the tough get going" YEAHaaaaaaaaa Devil

He has OCEAN's of talent (and is NOT a choker btw) - Stop your bull$hite ffs Tongue Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIxUKbV0UEM
Report trebor February 18, 2019 4:09 PM GMT
Every player chokes, some close to 100% of the time down to Tiger in his prime 1 or 2%. every player has a percentage number, it is our job to work out what it is, and if they are likely to come up against a player who is less of a choker, or if they are going to have to play the shot or shots that troubles them the most. no sense blaming the player for costing us our bet, their reaction to pressure is fairly consistent.

Everyone reacts differently to pressure, if I was in a playoff and won the toss I would always choose to go second, would handle the situation far better if I knew I had to hit the fairway because my opponent had, and if he had found trouble then a higher percentage safe shot could be employed.
Report drive for show putt for dough February 18, 2019 5:58 PM GMT
The choking phrase is over done by many on here. Winning is difficult. Just because someone is leading after 3 rounds doesn't necessarily convert into a win.

Sometimes the leader just plays poorly in the final round - I would put Thomas yesterday in to that category.
Report HeinzGuderian February 20, 2019 12:51 PM GMT
An appropriate fred b00b, if I may say so! BlushConfusedExcitedExcitedExcited
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 24, 2019 8:12 PM GMT
WHAT IS ABOUT SUNDAY AFTERNOON THAT ATTRACTS THESE A**E H***S...
...likes FLYS TO SH8T...Not one constructive post on the thread ALL FCUKING WEEK then all of a sudden feel the urge to.....

...'bout time for the Three Stooges to appear on their OWN THREAD Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 2, 2019 10:05 PM GMT
https://www.15thclub.com/2019/02/28/do-it-on-any-given-sunday/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=28/02&utm_campaign=do_it_on_any_given_sunday

More stats for the Three-Stooges Devil

.....the ability to close out tournaments - looking at guys who’ve held a lead after 54-holes on golf’s two main tours since 2001.

1. Tiger Woods (87%),
2. Ernie Els (76%),
3. Vijay Singh (68%),
4. Rory McIlroy & Jordan Spieth (59%)
5. Phil Mickelson (57%)
Report lewisham ranger March 3, 2019 12:28 PM GMT
zanotti, jameison to add to the list.
Report lewisham ranger March 3, 2019 12:51 PM GMT
feeble loser kiefer just shot to the top of the list.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 10, 2019 3:09 PM GMT
Afterthought, johnnythebull & your good self (bobweenit)
More STATS for ye.....

Rory: The Curse of Being Second After 54-Holes. In all he has been in this situation 20 times around the world and has claimed four wins (20%).

How does that compare with others?
Dustin Johnson is 5-for-14 (7-for-16 when second with 18 holes to play; 44%),
Brooks Koepka is 2-for-6 (33%),
Justin Rose 2-for-15 (13%),
Jordan Spieth 2-for-8 (25%),
Justin Thomas 2-for-4 (50%).

It’s not a positive comparison, but it’s in recent times that the problems have emerged because when he converted this position into a win at the 2015 DP World our Championship he stood at 4-for-11, but since then he is 0-for-9 and in his last six examples he has shot 74 at the Masters, 73 in the Bridgestone Invitational, 74 at the Tour Championship (all last year) and 72 in the Tournament of Champions (this January).
Report lewisham ranger March 10, 2019 7:18 PM GMT
if rory screws this up we'll have to add him to the list Sad
Report bobweenit March 10, 2019 7:20 PM GMT
he already has can't see him winning L ranger.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 10, 2019 9:32 PM GMT
Keegan Bradley finishes off with a bogey, -9 thru 36, +9 for the final 36 holes in BAY HILL.
Report xmoneyx March 10, 2019 10:05 PM GMT
rory shocker par 5s last round
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 16, 2019 11:00 AM GMT
......likes FLYS TO $Hi8e..... our Three-Stooges will no doubt be pulling Their Chain at the FLEETWOOD MAC show in Sawgrass shortly Whoops
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com