Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
08 Oct 18 17:20
| Topic/replies: 14,976 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
The 'new' PGA TOUR season begins its 3-WEEK SWING through ASIA with the... 

CIMB Classic from TPC Kuala Lumpur in MALAYSIA

Immediately followed by THE CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES on Jeju Island in SOUTH KOREA...… then Asia's Major in week three, the WGC HSBC Champions at Sheshan International GC from Shanghai in CHINA. Playing for $26 million over three straight weeks, only the 4 Majors, The Players Championship and the World Golf Championships have higher purses !
Only a matter of time when we see the addition of Japan - the second-largest golf market in the world - and hosting the Olympics in 2020. 

The different time-zone means not a great viewing time in Europe with the FIRST TEE off time at 8am in KL - Kuala Lumpur GMT+8 so 1:00am Wednesday.

boring_bastrd • October 21, 2016 11:03 PM BST.....its the middle of the night for insomniacs, night shifters, and vampires. Devil
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View (((((((The PGA 'ASIA' SWING)))))))
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 8, 2018 5:31 PM BST
CIMB Classic...at TPC Kuala Lumpur again this year.....features an elite 78-man field - 60 from the PGA TOUR, the T10 leading Asian Tour players & 8 sponsors exemptions.

Justin Thomas's attempt at a 3-peat didn't succeed last year but he's back again. Brandt Snedeker and two-time CIMB champion Ryan Moore are among 30 players jetting to Malaysia direct from Sunday's event in Napa, San Fran. Paul Casey, Billy Horschel, Keegan Bradley, Marc Leishman and Thailand’s Kiradech Aphibarnrat are other top-line acts.

http://www.cimbclassic.com
Report trebor October 8, 2018 5:39 PM BST
Think it starts Thursday at 1am
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 8, 2018 5:48 PM BST
YEAH, LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT (i.e. Thursday morning at 1am). 

Hosung Choi maybe one of the Asian Monday qualifiers...

https://twitter.com/teekkelly/status/1010362689711955968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw...

Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 8, 2018 5:49 PM BST
https://twitter.com/teekkelly/status/1010362689711955968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw... .Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 8, 2018 6:01 PM BST
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/this-tour-pro-has-the-funniest-swing-ever-and-hes-about-to-qualify-for-the-british-open

The two designated Sponsor Exemptions are Kim Leun Kwang, who won the CIMB National Championship in a playoff, and Ben Leong the highest OWGR Malaysian (#360) after Gavin Green opted out.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 9, 2018 12:52 AM BST
GOING WITH Xander Schauffele - 18/1, 7 plcs with PP - after his equal third finish in his debut last year.

Xander Schauffele, the 2017 Rookie of the Year, epitomizes the game’s facet best. “I have a very international background.....my dad’s half-French, half-German. My mom’s of Taiwanese origin, grew up in Japan (now both naturalised Americans). He has emerged as a golfing starlet despite originally playing football, which was only natural given his great grandfathers were professional players. Johann Hoffmann was capped by Austria and won the French title with Sochaux in 1938, while Richard Schauffele played for Stuttgart in Germany in the 1920s before going on to be a successful athlete. So it’s cool that golf has allowed me to start here in Malaysia, then Korea, then China. If you want to be one of the best players in the world, you have to be a global player. You have to collect fans in different countries and play well in different countries.” A San Diego State University star - turned pro in June 2015 after he was a Ping and Golfweek Third Team All-American. He received the Mountain West Conference All-Academic Team Award twice. He holds several SDSU records including all-time lowest tournament score against par (-17), all-time career scoring average (71.50), best par-5 performance in a season (4.5135), most birdies in a season (171) and most eagles in a season (9).

https://www.golfacademy.edu/about-golf-academy/golf-news/alumni-updates/golf... Devil
Report therhino October 9, 2018 8:14 AM BST
Japan long overdue, as is Australia Angry Make it an Australasian swing.

Honestly, who gives a sh1t about Malaysia having a tournament?
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 9, 2018 10:41 PM BST
I'm amazed a PGA 'australia' swing hasn't emerged. Could easily integrate the aussie pga, masters and open into an end swing for the us tour.

Would give young aussie talent a chance to test themselves against the best and would boost the fields in the event. Sure plenty of guys would enjoy three weeks in australia in late november early december.

Surprised that there hasnt been a pga australia like the ones in canada china and latin america as well.
Report system99 October 10, 2018 5:18 PM BST
ryan moore 20/1 that'll do tyvm...
Report eight ball October 11, 2018 2:33 PM BST
@Rhino,Even G.Green has decided to play the British Masters in preference to a tourny in his own backyard.
Good choice though as you would never pass up the chance to play Walton Heath.

@MW,Yes would be a great thing to include Australia,as our tour consists of 3 tournaments(4 this year with the World Cup)
But they would have to change the venue(deadset blight) of the Australian PGA Championship.Somehow they managed to 'lure'Mark Leishman  and . . .and.. did i mention Mark Leishman.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 12, 2018 2:23 AM BST
JB Holmes starts RD2 with.....
Birdie on the 1st hole.
Birdie on the 2nd hole.
Birdie on the 3rd hole.
Birdie on the 4th hole.
Birdie on the 5th hole.
Leads at -10
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 12, 2018 2:26 AM BST
Justin Thomas (-6) yet to go out
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 12, 2018 8:20 PM BST
Justin shot a 61, two 64s and two 66s on the way to back-to-back wins here in 2015 and 2016, so 66 (with 2 bogeys) & 69 seems fairly routine for JT - who's 5 back from LEISHMAN & WOODLAND on -14.
With 8 birdies on day1 (just 2 on the par 5s) and a GIR stat 17of18 (so approach play is excellent), GIR stat of only 11 greens on day2 - there's more to come for sure. 10/1 4plcs Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 12, 2018 8:35 PM BST
Bronson Burgoon 25's too big to ignore.

HAS 22yo INDIAN [u]Shubhankar Sharma got what it takes[/u] - only one swing behind the joint-leaders
Sharma OWGR #116 held the 54-hole lead at the WGC Mexico Championship before finishing T9, was T20 at Colonial and already has two European Tour wins to his name.
The 16/1 shot also has extra incentive as he tops the Asian Tour Order of Merit - a big performance here would stretch that lead significantly. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 13, 2018 9:09 PM BST
SO WHO'S GOT THE BALLS TO WIN THE CIMB CLASSIC

Marc Leishman 13/5
Gary Woodland 11/4
Shubhankar Sharma 9/2
Louis Oosthuizen 8
Bronson Burgoon 18
Austin Cook 25
Emiliano Grillo 33
JB Holmes 45
Charles Howell III 50's
60's bar
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 13, 2018 10:44 PM BST
4 of the last 5 winners had a share of the 54-hole.

Since the first winner in 2012, Watney is the only player in the tournament’s history to win from outside THE TOP FIVE coming into Sunday. He started the final round 7th and FOUR BACK, as did Justin Thomas when scoring his second win in 2016.

Marc LEISHMAN  68-62-67—197 (-19) - OWGR #24. 5th in 2016 is his best so far here.

Gary Woodland  69-61-67—197 (-19) - OWGR #38 the Kansas Jayhawk is a two-time runner-up in this event, but has some other history to overcome. 5-times leader/co-leader on the PGA after 54 holes in regular stroke-play - he's yet to converted.

Shubhankar Sharma 67-64-66—197 (-19) - HAS 22yo INDIAN Shubhankar Sharma got what it takes. HOPE SO Devil

Louis Oosthuizen  66-68-65—199 (-17) - OWGR #36 the 2010 OPEN Champ is lurking just 2 back. He's missed just six greens in regulation all week. Won the 2012 Malaysian Open and runner-up in 2014 on this course (while it's his CIMB debut). Steve Palmer's tip so God help him.

Bronson Burgoon  63-69-67—199 (-17) - OWGR #162 the 31yo Texan ranks T3 for GIR this week (with Leishman). In 54 events thus far on TOUR, his best finishes are a T2 at the 2018 John Deere (where he also shot 9-under (62) in RD2), and T6 at the 2018 QL National to finish 78th in last season's FedEx Cup standings. Go blast another nine under 63 !

THE THREE BALL BETTING.....
3:00am Gary Woodland 6/4 Marc Leishman 6/4 Shubhankar Sharma 3/1
2.50am Louis Oosthuizen 7/5 Austin Cook 21/10 Bronson Burgoon 5/2
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 13, 2018 10:53 PM BST
In the last 2 holes of Rd3 the leader group (Marc, Gary & Shubhankar) are 7-under par combined !
...THIS IS GOING DOWN TO THE WIRE.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 17, 2018 11:29 PM BST
THE CJ Cup KICK's OFF in 15 Minutes (3Balls)….. another limited / no cut field - Jeju Island, South Korea.

23:45    Beau Hossler Peter Uihlein Kyong Hoon-Lee    11/10    6/4    7/2
23:55    Tyrrell Hatton Charley Hoffman Hyun Woo Ryu    1/1    11/5    4/1
00:05    Stewart Cink Brendan Steele Danny Willett    6/4    19/10    44/19
00:05    Charles Howell III Pat Perez Ted Potter Jr    11/8    15/8    3/1
00:15    Justin Thomas Brooks Koepka Sungjae Im    5/4    28/17    18/5
00:15    Alex Noren Kyle Stanley Rod Pampling    13/10    6/4    11/2
00:25    Gary Woodland Ian Poulter Michael Kim    5/4    24/13    10/3
00:25    Cameron Smith Kevin Chappell Patton Kizzire    5/4    2/1    57/17
00:35    Billy Horschel Scott Piercy Brian Harman    6/5    5/2    11/4
00:35    Emiliano Grillo Branden Grace Charl Schwartzel    6/4    2/1    5/2
00:45    Ryan Moore Abraham Ancer Sanghyun Park    6/4    7/4    7/2
00:55    Chez Reavie Joel Dahmen James Hahn    6/4    37/19    11/5
01:05    Keith Mitchell J J Spaun Graeme McDowell    9/5    15/8    11/5
01:15    Kevin Na Adam Hadwin Brice Garnett    7/5    2/1    11/4
01:15    Marc Leishman Si Woo Kim Ernie Els    19/20    19/10    9/2
01:25    Paul Casey Jimmy Walker Andrew Putnam    11/10    5/2    11/4
01:25    Hideki Matsuyama Jason Day Adam Scott    13/8    13/8    13/5
01:35    Brandt Snedeker Jason Dufner Ryan Armour    6/4    9/4    5/2
01:35    Xander Schauffele Kevin Tway Austin Cook    16/11    21/10    9/4
01:45    Whee Kim Sung Kang Brian Stuard    8/5    15/8    12/5
01:45    J B Holmes Jamie Lovemark Shubhankar Sharma    13/8    2/1    21/10
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 17, 2018 11:50 PM BST
TWO names to watch for at Bridgestone Open in Japan...
Rikuya Hoshino 35/1
Hiroshi Iwata 50/1
Report RioGrande October 19, 2018 9:26 PM BST
who can i lay thanks
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 19, 2018 9:49 PM BST
therhino • CAULFIELD CUP day.....Your call from down-under ? (you must live down the street ?)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 21, 2018 3:53 PM BST
BROOKS KOEPKA is the new Official World Golf Ranking Number #1.

Brooks poured in an eagle putt on the 18th green to cap off a final-round 64 and win the CJ Cup by four - his 3rd win in 11 starts. Koepka will be fav in the field next week in China for the WGC-HSBC Champions. "I keep the same goals through the calendar year," Koepka said. "On Jan. 1 I go to the beach in the morning and go write down my goals and figure them out for the calendar year, but I just need to finish this year off. I've got next week and I would like to, coming out the first week as No. 1, I'd like to play well."
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 22, 2018 3:19 PM BST
Koepka is the 23rd different OWGR #1 player since the Rankings began in '86.

A quick turnaround for some as we head to China - Next stop, WGC-HSBC CHAMPIONS at Sheshan International GC from Shanghai in CHINA.

Dustin Johnson 8/1
ROSE 8/1 (9's here for 2.20max)
Brooks Koepka 9/1 (8's in places)
Rory McIlroy 10/1
Day & Matsuyama 18/1
Rafa 40's BUT HURRY
Schauffele & POULTER 66's
Report RioGrande October 22, 2018 5:14 PM BST
how did your players get on at the open in japan?
Report RioGrande October 22, 2018 5:15 PM BST
where they on betfair as i had a look but no names in the market
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 22, 2018 7:44 PM BST
No surprise that Tiger (who is qualified for the WGC-HSBC Champions) is not making the long journey to CHINA (Woods has played here twice but has not since 2010).
He joins a long list of talent that pass on the challenge - including Thomas, Spieth, Fowler, DeChambeau, Bubba, Webb Simpson, Mickelson, Stenson, Leishman, Sergio, Kisner, Oosthuizen, Berger, Wise, Woodland & Kuchar.
Report RioGrande October 22, 2018 10:05 PM BST
oh my ****g god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you ****g blind jesus chrsit
answer me ****g hell you monster
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 24, 2018 2:34 PM BST
RioGrande • October 22, 2018 5:14 PM BST
how did your players get on at the open in japan?

Me tinks you mean the BRIDGESTONE Open..... https://www.golflive24.com/japan-golf-tour/bridgestone-open/
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 24, 2018 4:04 PM BST
THE TOP 40 (bar 6) in the Race-to-Dubai (R2D) play in China (excl. #25 Sergio, #32 Stenson, #34 Frittelli (plays in Mississippi), #37 Ross Fisher, #39 Lucas Herbert & #40 Mikko Korhonen. (The Top 30 of the 2018 Race to Dubai Rankings as of Monday 15th October 2018 were automatically qualified).

Most of the OWGR Top 70 play in China (excl. #4 Thomas, #7 DeChambeau, #9 Fowler, #11 Spieth, #13 Woods, #14 Bubba, #16 Leishman, #18 Simpson, #25 Phil, #27 Sergio, #29 Stenson, #30 Woodland, #32 Kisner, #37 Kuchar, #38 Oosthuizen, #51 Berger, #52 Wise, #55 Kim, #56 List, #57 Zach, #61 Chappell, #63 Hadley, #66 Fisher, #67 Imahira, #68 Moore & #70 Lowry). (Players ranked within the Top 50 of the OWGR as of Monday 8th October 2018 were automatically qualified).
Report RioGrande October 26, 2018 11:55 PM BST
YES THE BRIDGESTONE OPEN!!!
Report RioGrande October 26, 2018 11:55 PM BST
YOUR TIPS FOR IT, HWO DID THEY DO WIN OR LOSE?
Report RioGrande October 26, 2018 11:56 PM BST
IM THE ONLY GUY YOU GOT ON HERE
Report RioGrande October 26, 2018 11:56 PM BST
YOUR TALKING TO YOURSELF
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 28, 2018 8:30 AM GMT
XANDER claims his third career PGA TOUR victory.
Report therhino November 20, 2018 2:34 PM GMT

Oct 9, 2018 -- 2:14AM, therhino wrote:

Japan long overdue, as is Australia  Make it an Australasian swing. Honestly, who gives a sh1t about Malaysia having a tournament?

One down, now for the Aussie leg please.

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2018/11/20/the-zozo-championship-japan-announce...

Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2018 6:41 PM GMT
therhino,

THE AUSTRALIAN SWING is NOT on the 'right' people's agenda..... TIGER moves the 'GOLF needle' - when and where ever HE wants it

https://www.golf.org.au/newsdisplay/102372

“As long as I'm riding with Tiger, I'll be fine.”
With that logical but throwaway sentence, Dustin Johnson gave yet another figurative slap to the face of Australian golf yesterday.
As Tiger Woods wings his way to Australia this week from the Bahamas for a part-promotional, part-reconnaissance visit before he captains the American Presidents Cup team at Royal Melbourne next December, he does so with one giant question mark over his head from an Australian golf fan’s perspective.
His departure from his Hero World Challenge, where he closed with a one-over-par 73 to finish 17th of 18 players in his annual charity tournament, came with the customary swag of questions about his plans for season 2019.

Among his responses was confirmation that the Bahamas event will fall in the same post-Thanksgiving slot next year – a week after the Australian PGA and a direct clash with the Australian Open in Sydney the week before the Presidents Cup in Melbourne.
Multiple sources in the American golf media anticipate a Wednesday-Saturday run for the 2019 event to ensure easier logistics for the trip to Australia to ensure players, caddies and families arrive in time. Woods’ entourage is expected to formally announce arrangements after this week’s trip Down Under.
Woods, on Presidents Cup captaincy debut, naturally has an interest in ensuring his squad arrives in Victoria ready to take on Ernie Els’ International team at the site of the hosts’ only victory, now way back in 1998.

The 14-time major winner said earlier this year that he wouldn’t mind if his team members opted to play in the Australian Open instead of in the Bahamas, insisting only that they’re match fit and not coming off a month’s rest, an issue he said was the main problem for his team 20 years ago.
But after interviews with Associated Press senior golf correspondent Doug Ferguson in the Bahamas today, you did not need forensic training to confirm a crime that’s about to be perpetrated on Australian golf.

In all likelihood, the Hero’s invitational field will comprise most, if not all, of the American team for the biennial Presidents Cup, supposedly the showpiece for all golfers ineligible to compete in the Ryder Cup between the USA and Europe in the opposite years.
Woods, a sporadic but multiple visitor to Australia, knows all too well the issues around long-haul flights; just as he’s aware of the historical significance of both the Australian PGA and Open crowns to be contested around his own tournament, which has just completed its 20th edition.

“There are so many things that are up in the air,” Woods told AP. “One of the logistical things I'm trying to figure out is trying to get where there's like eight to 10 guys, plus four, five more ... you're getting close to 50 people from the Bahamas to Australia in time for a practice round, opening ceremonies and the event.
“We have our work ahead of us trying to make this all happen.”
Rickie Fowler, another with ties to Australia, admitted the “logistics were not great”.
“A lot depends on the captain and figuring out what we want to do as a team,” Fowler said of Woods and his plans.
Johnson, as mentioned earlier, didn’t appear to have any vague thought about repeating his trip to the 2011 Australian Open in Sydney, instead hitching his wagon to the Tiger train.

Which takes us back to the “crime” aspect.

The US PGA Tour, which does not officially sanction Woods’ event, but happily plonks it on its official website’s tournament schedule, is the chief organiser of the Presidents Cup.
What it also has, courtesy of a major reshuffle, is several newly clear weeks with its 2018-19 schedule to finish in late August, a month in advance of previous years.
Which naturally begs the question: Tiger, can you not please move your tournament into another week?

Nobody outside the inner circle of upper echelon, “needle-moving” players and their managers ever seems to speak bluntly on such matters, instead trotting out tired company lines about crowded calendars and reasons why these stars cannot make tournaments outside North America, not to mention appearance money.

As evidenced by Johnson’s answer, as limp as it is accurate, very few American players are likely to play in Australia and go against the easy money of the Bahamas, safe in the knowledge their boss will scoop them up on Saturday afternoon and safely deposit them at Royal Melbourne with no fear of backlash.
Which means the US PGA Tour, which speaks regularly about the lasting local legacy of events such as the Presidents Cup, will seemingly do nothing about helping to grow the two remaining large-scale and historic events on Australian soil.

Well how about it, Tiger and company? What are you going to do about Australian golf’s potential moment in the sun being eclipsed – again?
Will you let money and American corporates dictate your actions?
Or will you have a global golfing conscience and at least proffer the concept that giving the two Australian events some air – and, heaven forbid, some support – is the right thing to do for events that deserve better, historically, if nothing else.

Nobody in Australia can find the fiscal punch required for our Open and/or PGA championships to bludgeon their way permanently on to the US PGA Tour. We accept that.
But surely, a week after the World Cup drew a less-than-full-strength field and pushed the Australian Open into the calendar doldrums – and all as Tiger and Phil Mickelson played their own megabucks showcase in direct opposition – we can make a case for some love from Woods and his minders.

Australian tournament golf deserves that respect.

BUT IT AIN'T GOONA GET IT imho Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now