Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
donny osmond
02 Oct 18 16:55
| Topic/replies: 80,105 | Blogger: donny osmond's blog
as suggested in french newspaper?

or are they back fitting rumours ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View were dj and bk really fighting on the...
Show More
Report Swardean October 2, 2018 5:44 PM BST
BK 1/10 in a dust up v Dustbin
Report drive for show putt for dough October 2, 2018 7:52 PM BST
wouldn't be first time. Allegedly when DJ fell down the stairs before the masters someone gave him a push
Report drive for show putt for dough October 2, 2018 7:53 PM BST
wouldn't be first time. Allegedly when DJ fell down the stairs before the masters someone gave him a push
Report Total Bosman October 2, 2018 11:02 PM BST
For a guy with no discernible personality on-camera DJ sure gets himself into a lot of scrapes. Between this and possible marital issues (or are they connected?) feels like there’s an interesting story to come out. Maybe he’s due one of his 3 month “injuries”.

That said, you’d think after blinding a woman BK might have kept it low-key at the after party rather than get into a physical altercation with his teammate and training partner. But then I’m not sure there’s a brain between the pair of them.
Report lewisham ranger October 3, 2018 12:24 AM BST
http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/07/blind-items-revealed-5_13.html

seems like "fake news" as perhaps although brooks one of the few guys capable of using dj as a punchbag, he wasn't married at the time of the incident (nor is he married now I believe)

I think there was a rumour that dj had slept with jimmy walkers wife, although again hard to believe that jimmy would be capable of smacking dj around like a used doll. Crazy

there is a rumour going around that brooks slept with dj's wife paulina. if true then I can only say what comes around goes around...
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 3, 2018 6:56 PM BST
A current euorpean tour pro told me the rumoured story doing the round among the pros regarding DJs withdrawl from the Masters and it was a different story to the official version and rather similar to the one on the site posted by lewisham ranger.

DJ has been named on adultury divorce papers before now definitely will mackenies and others.

Wouldn't be surprised if the story was true. Allegedly Furyk had to step in on the flight over hence why they didn't play together on friday.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 3, 2018 6:56 PM BST
A current euorpean tour pro told me the rumoured story doing the round among the pros regarding DJs withdrawl from the Masters and it was a different story to the official version and rather similar to the one on the site posted by lewisham ranger.

DJ has been named on adultury divorce papers before now definitely will mackenies and others.

Wouldn't be surprised if the story was true. Allegedly Furyk had to step in on the flight over hence why they didn't play together on friday.
Report lewisham ranger October 3, 2018 7:41 PM BST
didn't brooks have a different girlfriend before the current one? who seemed to quietly disappear from the scene

like she was airbrushed from history Crazy
Report Kelly October 3, 2018 10:26 PM BST
Looks like the "UNITED" States were anything but .  Feel sorry for Jim Furyk , finishing up with nearly half his team disenchanted with one another .

Not much you can do when these multi millionaires wont park their egos . Or respect their team mates .
Report 1st time poster October 5, 2018 9:59 AM BST
theres 20 points were if you like you can play as an individual as you do week in week out if that's your bag,theres only 8 points up for grabs were a team ethic can come into play and the usa drew one of these sessions 2 2, one really bad session cost them dearly,theres been plenty of ryder cups where Europe have been anything but a team players sat down till sunday etc, don't suppose Olsen thought much of the team ethic when he played well and was sat down to accommodate rorys ego,or the 10,s of players ignored over the years, not given the chance to prove they can deliver like the postman,

on a side issue what happened to the stories of Faldo been used by sky did they back off with the adverse publicity pre tourney about using him ?
Report 1st time poster October 5, 2018 10:02 AM BST
micko was completely out of form
tiger obviously injured or exhausted
bubba been out of form for months
the professor peaked a month to early

and theres obviously a split between the bible bashers in the team and the party,coke lads in the team

no amount of team spirit etc can overcome the above
Report firstimevisor October 5, 2018 10:53 AM BST
The Europeans didn't play,or didn't need to play, particularly well but the US were just awful.

Bubba and Reed are probably the 2 most unpopular golfers on tour among their fellow pros but both played their way onto the team (I'd bet Furyk wished they had not as neither would ever get a captain's pick) so its a bit strange that they were not paired together the first day. If they won they could have gone out again. If not they could have been benched until the singles.

Koepka and Dustin obviously had issues and it showed in the singles on Sunday. Looks like all this negativity weighed down the rest of the team, which is kind of understandable.
Report lewisham ranger October 5, 2018 1:30 PM BST
bubba is a several time ryder cup player and has won three tournaments this year. he is also a two times masters champion.

reed won the masters this year and was the american star of the last two ryder cups.

don't get your comments.
Report firstimevisor October 6, 2018 7:02 PM BST
I'm not questioning their golfing ability LR. They are very good individual golfers and golf is essentially an individual game but at a personal level,they both seem pretty obnoxious and their team mates cannot stomach them and don't want to play alongside them.

Reed did indeed have 2 good Ryder Cups but the animosity towards him from his fellow players is growing by the week.I cannot see how either of them would ever get a Ryder Cup wildcard pick in the future for fear of unsettling the team.The chances are one or both of them will qualify automatically next time which will be something of a headache for the captain.
Report lewisham ranger October 6, 2018 8:23 PM BST
Reed did indeed have 2 good Ryder Cups but the animosity towards him from his fellow players is growing by the week.

how do you know, are you measuring it? Confused

you make out this thing with reed is a new development. he's always been an abrasive and prickly character. and he won his singles match as well, which is something you failed to mention. (and was more than most of the members of his team managed.) he's never been close to spieth socially, like spieth is with some of the other members of the team, but that didn't matter because they had chemistry as a pairing.

jordan probably felt disrespected with some of reeds comments so therefore preferred to play with justin thomas which was a natural pairing for him anyway, given their close bond. plus reed was out of form. if reed had been in the same form as he had been in the masters, he would have inspired the team, whatever his supposed personal failings.

in reality the US lost not because of poor relations within the team, but because of an inability to play the course well plus several key players being out of form. US players are used to spraying it around on the main tour and getting away with it, but they couldn't do that in paris because the rough was so high. it really is that simple.
Report lewisham ranger October 6, 2018 8:24 PM BST
oh and I forgot, they also lost because US is only a country and Europe is a continent Laugh
Report firstimevisor October 7, 2018 10:43 PM BST
Its a novelty event played over 3 days which can be entertaining but the end result doesn't really mean anything much, despite the hype

I don't buy the old chestnut that the Americans don't know how to play tight European courses.They are just as accurate at finding targets as the Europeans but just did not perform last week. Just about all the players from both sides  are playing full time on the PGA tour where they all have to play out of heavy rough from time to time.

Reed has always been awkward but he has alienated himself even more in the last week. I cannot see Tiger ever agreeing to be paired with him again.In fact I believe in future, any of last week's team would rather sit out the first 2 days than play alongside Reed.Poor relationships within the team had a lot to do with their performance last week.
Report eight ball October 8, 2018 4:36 AM BST
@firstime
the end result doesn't really mean anything much, despite the hype

It means a lot to the individual player for several disciplines of which we can only guesstimate those disciplines.
Re:Americans and Euro courses,The US tour (by its' own players admissions)only requires a limited array of shots.
*Most tree branches are required to be at least 15 foot from the ground so as not to impede.
*Fairway rough at driving distance is required to not be matted beyond a certain thickness so as to allow most irons and Rescues to be played.
*Greenside rough is well. . .  we all know and coming from Tiger quote "You miss the green you only have one shot and it's the same shot every time"
*Greens perfectly manicured and all events run by the USPGA can stipulate the speed.(as against the US Open run by USGA)
That's just a few and they are partially why US players only require certain shots.
As for Reed it's easy to keyboard anything in this era but a certain amount of apprehension still exists with US players about misdemeanors involving scorecards from years past.

I know i'm in the minority(according to the abuse i get,which bounces lol) but I get a better array of a golfers skill menu on the Euro Tour as against the US Tour.
Report lewisham ranger October 8, 2018 10:09 AM BST
I cannot see Tiger ever agreeing to be paired with him again.

yeah because tiger was always such a clubbable, happy go lucky guy....
Report lewisham ranger October 8, 2018 10:10 AM BST
you clearly have it in for reed, first time visor

maybe you backed rory in the masters? Laugh
Report firstimevisor October 8, 2018 11:29 AM BST
No I never back Mcilroy and yes I think Reed is a horrible slimeball who's own family don't speak to him, his collegiate golf team refused to play with him, and now it seems most of his Ryder Cup teammates won't play with him either.Maybe you are his best friend? Grin

Eight ball, golf is golf, whichever continent its played on.They don't play much links golf on the PGA tour but that doesn't stop the Yanks having a better record in the Open than the Europeans. Its about finding fairways and greens and holing putts. The prep for the Ryder Cup, for both teams(assuming their season had gone to plan) was 4 weeks of Fedex playoffs on American courses. The European players live and work in the US so I cannot see how a European style course would be such an advantage to them. Home advantage fair enough but course layout?? Maybe in the old days when the team were actually playing on the European tour all year round.
Report lewisham ranger October 8, 2018 1:39 PM BST
I don't particularly like Reed but I think all this abuse he gets in the media rather misses the point and is hypocritical.

Ask yourself, if you bumped into Jordan Spieth in the street, or Mcilroy, do you think they'd give you the time of day? They like to cultivate a nice guy image in the media but in reality if you met them in real life they'd probably come across as rather cold people. Look at "nice guy" Justin Thomas, getting people thrown out of courses, or whining baby Hatton, moaning because there's an imaginary mark in his line when he misses a putt?

Do you think they are nice people? I notice on twitter as well they only seem to respond to someone who has abused them, someone who has pricked their ego. When they actually get compliments they don't respond at all.

And Tiger was the worst of all in his prime. A real cold fish.

in truth most top sportsmen are like Reed, they are self-centered, driven individuals who aren't particularly nice. He's just open about it.
Report trebor October 8, 2018 8:31 PM BST
I find it difficult to agree with much firstimevisor has said on this thread, but suppose that is good for debate.

For me the reason Europe won the cup is very much down to the course setup, Europe's stronger passion to win it and Europe this year having the better captain.

When I started playing golf in the early 70's I remember being told by some very good instructors of the different ways the UK and USA approached learning to play golf, the UK approach was to start off by having lessons and getting the basics as solid as possible, hitting the ball consistent and straight was better than long and crooked.
But in the USA it was more a grip it and rip it approach, hit the ball as far as possible and once you could hit the ball try tidying it up later.

This approach continued at least into the 90's so most of the players in the Ryder Cup would have fallen into one of these two methods regardless of which tour they now play on, and because pretty much all Europeans started this side of the pond they tend to be straighter by and large.

From PGA tour stats in this Ryder Cup 7 of the top 8 straightest players where on the European side, or 8 of the 10 least straight hitters played for the USA. The 7 straightest Europeans gained 74% of Europe's total points, not the highest ranked players, does not include McIlroy but does include 3 of Bjorn's picks.

So of course Bjorn knowing our straightness advantage and the USA length advantage was always going to have the course set up as he did, and pick players it suited, while Furyk picked 3 of the 8 in his least straight group.

In the foursomes Bjorn used mostly all his straightest hitters, Furyk left his 1 in the top 8 out, and used Mickleson?

And finally there is the passion/team spirit, USA admit they struggle to create the same passion as the Europeans, not surprising it is the singles we tend to fear them most.
Report sofiakenny October 8, 2018 11:29 PM BST
Great post trebor.
Report frames October 9, 2018 5:17 PM BST
I saw an interview with Brooks in Scotland last week where he denied anything happened with Dustin.Perhaps he suffered memory loss and his next interview could be interesting after Furyk confirmed an altercation between the two.
Report trebor October 9, 2018 5:45 PM BST
Or poor hearing, Dustin?? I thought you said Justin.
Report firstimevisor October 9, 2018 6:00 PM BST
I'd agree with a lot of that trebor. Europe's stronger passion and team spirit for certain. Bjorn the better captain - probably true as well although I think Furyk had a near impossible job with Bubba, Reed, Koepka and Dustin but perhaps he should have made a better fist of a difficult situation.And Europe did hit the ball straighter, played the course better and thoroughly deserved to win. I also believe they would have won on any course, and on either side of the pond,last week. They simply played much better golf and played as a proper team.

Where we disagree though is the Europe (consistent and straight) and America (long and crooked) theory.A bit like the soccer commentators who tell us that there has never been a team, before or since, anywhere in the world, to compare to the 1966 team, I am also very wary of those European golf pundits and teachers who tell us that European golf is somehow superior, that we understand the subtleties of the game and they don't,that the Yanks just smash it and hope whereas our boys have learned to play a better type of game.

So how can we compare the 2 continents? Well since the end of World War 2, in terms of majors won, Faldo has been Europe's best player with 6, Seve 5, Rory 4 and Harrington 3. And that's it. Nobody else has won more than 2. Now compare that to the US where,of the current era alone, Koepka and Spieth have 3 each, Mickleson 5 and Tiger 14.
The US list includes some of the all time greats with 7 or more majors - Trevino, Palmer, Sneed, Watson, Hogan and Nicklaus.

European players have won The Open 17 times since the War compared to 32 for the States. That's quite a dismal stat for Europe and one which your old golf instructors might struggle to explain today!
Report FatherMaguire October 9, 2018 6:34 PM BST
one of the best things Justin Thomas has done was getting that idiot spectator ejected, and one of the worst was apologising for it a couple of days afterwards - players should come out against the idiots that courses allow in, and hopefully a few more follow his lead
Report trebor October 9, 2018 8:48 PM BST
I would agree with you that the European golf is not superior, just slightly different, and we may play a few shots the Americans don't, but that does not make us superior, the European tour has never been stronger than the PGA tour.  You are not going to be a regular winner on the PGA tour if you don't hit the ball a long way, at least not on a lot of the courses, and the ones you can win on most long hitters will take a rest week as they have no advantage.

So, we disagree on the different styles of the two teams, I think the course and result adds to my theory, but I will give you that the USA had more players out of form coming into the event and could not have expected Woods and DeChambeau to be so off as well.  Having said that I think the USA would still have won if same teams met on a American course set up to suit them, it is easy to look well out of form when your ball finishes in water or deep ruff, but when you can still go for the pin from short ruff you can still compete and confidence does not take a hit.

One thing I did not say yesterday was that I believe that this course plays better for players who hit the right to left ball shape, and Europe had twice as many players playing this shape than the Americans, that again can be attributed to where players are brought up, and how often do we see a long hitting fader (normally American) try blasting his fade over the corner of a R to L dogleg as no fear of consequences if it should run out into the rough.   Ryder Cup singles result for R to L players  7-3-1.  for L to R  3-9-1.

That may seem strange when there is trouble both sides and an equal number of doglegs either way but a R to L golfer often gets an advantage in this situation because it is easier for a R to L guy to play a fade than it is the other way around, some of these drawers go to a fade when they need accuracy, again opposites don’t.

And finally I am sure my instructor would be most upset, he twice captained our Ryder Cup team!
Report lfc1971 October 22, 2018 9:20 AM BST
Your golf instructor was wrong , it’s more important to learn , and learn early , how to hit the ball as far as you can , a combination of your own physical ability and technique

After that accuracy is merely a matter of practice and playing golf
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now