Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lewisham ranger
22 Jul 18 19:11
| Topic/replies: 3,858 | Blogger: lewisham ranger's blog
battled well there for the most part just the lack of distance off the tee by keep taking irons caught up with him.

I think with the benefit of hindsight he would have taken driver off some of those holes off the back nine.

all in all looking very positive for tiger going forward. don't forget that this isn't the old tiger, fearless when in the lead, it's the new version but he's still very competitive. he's not used to being on that front end of the majors he has to get used to it again.

acquitted himself a lot better than some of the others up there and I can see him going very close in the pga.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View don't be too harsh on tiger.
Show More
Report crystalhunt July 22, 2018 7:27 PM BST
I thought he played great this week and is now back in the top elite. I think he has also regained the respect of the fans which will be very important to him.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 July 22, 2018 7:57 PM BST
Moving in the right direction although may never get a better chance to win another major than today. Was a bit unlucky to have the club rap over on 11 was in a similar spot to molinari off the tee but that's golf. With hindsight if he knew a double was coming he probably wishes he had bombed the driver down like rory did.
Report lewisham ranger July 22, 2018 7:57 PM BST
agreed, looks a cracking bet for the pga as well as this will only feed his confidence. a lot of the top players for me look like they're in a dodgy place as concerns the majors, but tiger will only get a skip in his step now. the fact that he's had this experience again of being in the lead will be a huge positive.
Report lewisham ranger July 22, 2018 7:58 PM BST
Mighty Whites 2008 22 Jul 18 19:57 Joined: 27 May 06 | Topic/replies: 13,843 | Blogger: Mighty Whites 2008's blog
Moving in the right direction although may never get a better chance to win another major than today. Was a bit unlucky to have the club rap over on 11 was in a similar spot to molinari off the tee but that's golf. With hindsight if he knew a double was coming he probably wishes he had bombed the driver down like rory did.
Rate reply:

totally disagree mighty I think he'll get a lot of other chances, he'll play for five years at the top level, it's golf after all you can play at a high level well into your forties which phil and tiger are currently demonstrating.
Report lewisham ranger July 22, 2018 7:59 PM BST
frustrating for me today though as tiger winning would have been an 8k payout Sad
Report saxon farm July 22, 2018 8:06 PM BST
His best chance remains at Augusta.
Report saxon farm July 22, 2018 8:06 PM BST
His best chance remains at Augusta.
Report the bloob July 22, 2018 8:24 PM BST
people shouldn't criticise him for rarely hitting driver, if you've seen his recent form with the driver you will understand
Report JML July 22, 2018 9:03 PM BST
Not that long ago we weren't sure if we'd ever see him competing again.

Agree with lewisham--looking very positive for the future.
Report therhino July 23, 2018 4:01 AM BST
Can't win at Augusta if you can't hit driver. Agree with mighty, great chance today. An Open in tough conditions may be his best suited now. New version of Tiger is a course manager, if he wants to break Snead's record of 82 wins I think he needs to start including the Harbour Towns and Colonials of the world where he can just plot his way around. If he wins that's how it looks its going to happen, can't overpower the field anymore, you need certain courses and conditions for that.

Firestone will be interesting, he always loved it and seems perfect for the current version of Tiger as well.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now