Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DickTurpin
22 May 18 20:03
| Topic/replies: 595 | Blogger: DickTurpin's blog
Selections :-

J Dufner @46
B Harmon @80
D Lee @80
P Perez @120

GL gentlemen.............
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Fort Worth Invitational
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 22, 2018 10:23 PM BST
COLONIAL CC 2018

Just one of the five events on the PGA Tour with “Invitational” status, has 121 Players with a 3-year exemption for the winner with T70 & ties making the cut. It’s been called six different names since 1994 – and next year it’s seven for the Charles Schwab Invitational.

The FORT WORTH Invitational (formerly The Crowne Plaza or Dean & Deluca Invitational) or simply THE COLONIAL has also been a victim of some weird scheduling - with the addition of golf in the 2016 Olympics and three Majors approaching more rapidly than winter - fuse that with the European Flagship BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth this week - and the strength of the 10th oldest PGA TOUR event has been quite diminished. It’s not to say The Colonial is devoid of talent, it’s not. However, the depth of this field, it’s thinner than Jordan Spieth’s hairline.

This Texas two-step has also switched places with last week's Dallas-area sister event and next year The PGA Championship will be the after the Byron Nelson, but before Colonial. (tink Wells Fargo, Byron Nelson, PGA Championship then The Charles Schwab Invitational from Colonial). The fourth event of Adam Scott’s "Texas Slam" - after the Valero Texas Open from TPC San Antonio, Shell Houston Open (SHO) from Humble outside Houston, last week’s AT&T Byron Nelson from the Holy ‘Trinity’ and now the 71st time (since 1946) that Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth plays host to this Invitational.

THIS week we again honour Ben Hogan at Colonial CC - designed by Perry Maxwell and John Bredemus - it's also known as “Hogan’s Alley” after the legendary 5 times champion - with narrow fairways and dramatic dog-legs shaping this course from the tee, it goes down as a classic shot-maker's layout without question. Not to be confused with the 6th hole in Carn-nasty or Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades - The PGA Players voted this as one of their top 5 courses to play on TOUR.
Only Ben Hogan has defended his title at Colonial. He did it twice. There’s not much wonder why this place has the nickname “Hogan’s Alley”.
Course Architect in 1936 was Perry Maxwell – he was the driving force behind Augusta National after Alistair Mackenzie’s death and it’s not a coincidence that Scott and Zach are winners here and have also been 'green jacket' winners (and Sergio too !). Major Champions have also featured strongly in the winner’s circle here.

therhino 24 May 16......
Best course of all the Texas venues which attracts a handy little field each year.
Another Par 70 course with only two Par 5s - the 1st Hole and 11th hole. The course opens with a friendly Par 5 which is usually the easiest hole on the course.
However that’s where the birdie chances also ends - then the fun starts - from hole 3 onwards, with a 247 yard Par 3 fourth hole and the extremely tough 481 yard 5th hole, likely to take back any shots that were gained earlier. It is a tight tree lined track with small greens, numerous doglegs, very well placed fairway bunkers and water in play on six holes.
This is a real test of ball striking and driving accuracy is even more important this week. Course management in finding those small greens will also be crucial (within the Top 30 in GIR will be required) as will scrambling stats when the greens are missed. Strokes Gained Putting another important stat as those putts must drop. EXPERIENCE is a prerequisite for success at Colonial, other than the winners-only SBS Tournament of Champions and World Golf Championships-Mexico Championship, no tournament that has existed as long at this Invitational has gone this long without a first-time winner. Garcia is its last, back in 2001.

Previous Winners........
2017: Kevin Kisner captured his second PGA TOUR victory, capping a 4-under-par 66 with a clutch par save to hold off Sunday challenges from Spieth, Rahm and Sean O’Hair by one shot.
2016: Spieth-less 263 (-17) by 3 shots from Harris English.
2015: Chris Kirk -12 over Jason Bohn, Brandt Snedeker, Jordan Spieth -11
2014: Adam Scott -9 over Jason Dufner in playoff
2013: Boo Weekley -14 over Matt Kuchar -13
2012: Zach Johnson -12 over Jason Dufner -11
2011: David Toms -15 over Charlie Wi -14
2010: Zach Johnson -21 over Brian Davis -18 (72-HOLE RECORD: 259)
2009: Stricker. 2008: PHIL (& won 2000). 2007: Sabbatini. 2006: Herron. 2005: Perry (& won 2003).
Two time winners??? Wonder can Kevin or Spieth step up to the plate again??? IF Kisner wins, he joins Mr Ben Hogan as title defenders! 

ADD Jimenez 17/2 (SENIORS PGA) to your bets in Hogan's Alley Devil

As is the case for most Par 70 layouts, making the easy birdies on the Par 5s will be essential to collecting a novelty check, but Par 4 scoring becomes a far more important factor. Especially when you look at the length of the Par 4s. Seven of the 12 on course measure between 400-450 yards. Normally, that’s counterbalanced with some more difficult, lengthier Par 4s, but that’s not the case at Colonial. There are only three longer than 450 yards, leaving birdie making opportunities at No. 2 (389 yards) and No. 17 (387 yards), two of the easier holes on the course.

The field can also vault up the leaderboard if they’re dominant on Par 3s from 190-200 yards. Three of the four Par 3s fall in that specific range. Overall, any style can win at Colonial, but seeking out players who are particularly good from those key ranges will be the best way to predict a winner. Unless, they fall victim to the “Horrible Horseshoe,” that is. Holes 3-5 can cripple any player. NO ONE IS SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

Since 1983, the Horrible Horseshoe has played to a combined score-to-par total of +6,613 while the other 15 holes have played to -769.
In 2015, Hole No. 3 was the second most difficult on the course (+0.124), No. 4 was fourth (+0.41), and No. 5 was the toughest (+0.263).
For some context: 91 bogeys, 16 double bogeys, and 4 “others” were made at No. 5 against 29 birdies in 2016.
And, of 11,802 rounds played at Colonial, just 1,623 of those rounds have played holes 3-5 under par.
There are only 21 players to have a career relative to par score under par on the Horrible Horseshoe.
CM iyc Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 22, 2018 10:42 PM BST
Matched: EUR 116,234
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 22, 2018 10:44 PM BST
First alternate David Hearn is in - as #43 OWGR Charl Schwartzel has removed his name.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 22, 2018 10:59 PM BST
LAST YEAR 60% of the golfers that made the cut were from the early/late draw with 8-of-11 golfers that landed inside the T10 came from that same draw.

CHECK THE WEATHER IN TEXAS Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 22, 2018 11:23 PM BST
Course experience is something that generally matters here, as well. Looking at the last 12 winners, 11 of them had previously recorded a T15 before their win. Each of the last 12 winners had also played the event two or more times before collecting that jacket.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 23, 2018 12:09 AM BST
OUT: Keith Mitchell & Peter Uihlein
IN: Ryan Blaum & Shawn Stefani (alternates)
Report mengmeng May 23, 2018 3:41 PM BST
keeping it uncomplicated this week with a 2 point e/w bet on Jordan Spieth, i know he has been a little dodgy recently but he hasnt been terrible just usually starting bad and leaving himself too much to do but playing ok towards the end and there is nothing like playing at a place you like and have good memories of to give you the spark needed to find that edge you are missing. So hoping he starts off well and kicks on from there.
Report system99 May 23, 2018 4:14 PM BST
can't disagree meng - signs are there he's about ready on a course where the last 3 years read 2nd,1st,2nd hard to look past

webb could give him a game if his putting carries weight, likes the course and judging on he handled the final day last week, aaron wise is a bet @ 70, only other i kinda like again signs orf form and a liking for the course is Duffers...
Report lewisham ranger May 24, 2018 8:34 AM BST
rahmbo for me at 14-1 Cool

normally back spieth but for me he's not in great form- a run of good holes seems inevitably followed by a disaster somewhere.
Report lewisham ranger May 24, 2018 8:39 AM BST
incidentally I think rahmbo is a future world number one.

he did very well on these courses last year in the pga tour, this was one of the places he did best at. he'd never played them before so did extremely well for a rookie, now he's got the experience, I think he could kick on and contend very strongly. I mean if we recall last year he was up there pretty much every tournament, he has the consistency of a top player.

was also tempted by duffner and bryson dechambeau, problem is those guys aren't reliable down the stretch.

wouldn't put anyone off backing speith at all given that he's a longer price than last week on a more favourable venue for him, just think there are issues at the moment as I outlined in my previous post.
Report lewisham ranger May 24, 2018 6:06 PM BST
just added fowler at 8-1, only backed two golfers so far.

don't know why i wasn't on him from the start, normally back rick all the time and this time bigger than normal in a weakish field.
Report stroodle May 24, 2018 7:01 PM BST
Just had a look at the last 3ball away to start, surprised Koepka is the outsider of the 3, is there something up with him? carrying an injury or something?
Report stroodle May 24, 2018 8:12 PM BST
Can see why Koepka was outsider of 3 now, never hit a fairway yet Cry Think he has overdone the weightlifting.
Report Hank Hill May 24, 2018 9:57 PM BST
wow ridiculous double from Koepka
Report stroodle May 24, 2018 10:02 PM BST
Especially when you've backed him in a 3 ball Devil To be fair he aint playing well.
Report toberaheena May 24, 2018 10:03 PM BST
Has Hoffman previous on this course. Seems to be drifting to 2nd fav behind Kevin Na at this time.
Report toberaheena May 24, 2018 10:04 PM BST
Have no bet as of yet .......  any sign of Quincy guys ?
Report toberaheena May 25, 2018 12:29 PM BST
A few quid on Hoffman @ 12.00 and laid back @ 10.5. Green.....
Report stroodle May 25, 2018 6:08 PM BST
Koepka -7 today, why couldn't he do that yesterday.
Report system99 May 25, 2018 6:38 PM BST
well in a desperate bid to rescue a awfull week on the golf have backed kevin tway @ 95
Report John Smith May 25, 2018 10:29 PM BST
As long as brooks can do it at the US Open
Report stroodle May 26, 2018 3:36 PM BST
And next two rounds Love
Report system99 May 26, 2018 4:35 PM BST
could be an interesting day, early signs that the course is setup for some low scores!!
Report stroodle May 26, 2018 5:02 PM BST
Watched a bit last night Rose was striking the ball well.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 May 26, 2018 6:06 PM BST
anyone else having problems with pga tour radio
Report trebor May 26, 2018 6:31 PM BST
I could not get it on normal connection last night, got it on https://player.siriusxm.com/query/pga%20tour  but it was a long way behind TV, and the sign up by 29th May was not there last night.
Report toberaheena May 26, 2018 10:19 PM BST
@Mighty Whites 2008. I have lost contact with our old friend Quincy. Can you shed any light on his wellbeing.
Report toberaheena May 26, 2018 10:20 PM BST
Rose is a cruising down the river. Now a small winner for me.
Report toberaheena May 26, 2018 10:21 PM BST
115 F in Texas.
Report Junction25 May 26, 2018 10:40 PM BST
So Rose has won ? still Sunday to play and due and "Bad round" ermmm Winner announced Saturday Night ??
Report stroodle May 27, 2018 2:52 PM BST
Any of you golf experts see Rose faltering last round to be caught with a 4 shot lead?
Report GoBallistic May 27, 2018 8:32 PM BST
Betting is a bit of a lottery this evening.  You think you're betting on the last shot you saw on your tv but in fact they've hit another shot since then
Report Total Bosman May 27, 2018 8:55 PM BST
3 weeks in a row in the US without a bit of excitement.
Report johnnythebull May 27, 2018 8:56 PM BST
fair play..he's hosing up but this is another mickey mouse parkland course
Report Total Bosman May 27, 2018 9:03 PM BST
Yeah, you need a stiffer test than this to offer up a bit of excitement.  Not a great run of events, even Sawgrass is weak compared to some of the other Florida courses they visit.
Report lewisham ranger May 27, 2018 11:18 PM BST
got a little bit back with some each-way bet on rahm but overall another disappointing event. could well be the calm before the storm though as the majors are shaping up very nicely with players like rose, mcilroy, and that little known player called tiger woods roundly nicely into form Crazy

we could be looking at some classic events
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now