Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
13 May 18 17:55
| Topic/replies: 14,501 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
AT&T Byron Nelson from TPC Four Seasons Resort, Las Colinas in Irving, Texas.

The first half of a Texas ‘Two Step’ honouring two GREATS of the Game - this week it’s Byron Nelson, from the TPC Four Seasons Resort in Irving followed next week by Ben Hogan at Colonial C.C. (closely followed by The Memorial at Jack's Place - honouring the Greatest Of All Time).
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 196
By:
fish in chips
When: 14 May 18 14:51
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/trinity-forest-golf-club-promises-to-be-the-pga-tours-most-unique-venue

Trinity Forest Golf Course is the new venue for the Byron Nelson from this year. Claims to be a links course in everything but location, so I'm looking at players like Leishman and Sergio, with decent links form to appreciate the new surroundings. How about a rare leaderboard appearance for Ernie Els?
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 May 18 15:05
WE HAVE A NEW OWGR WORLD NUMBER ONE...

Justin Thomas will move to World #1 for the first time in his career - ending Dustin Johnson’s 15-month run. Thomas says he is driven to hold the No. 1 Ranking for a long time. Thomas was the PGA Tour’s Player of the Year last season with Johnson the season before so expect these two will go head-to-head in the battle for Número Uno for the rest of the PGA and FedEx Cup season. Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 May 18 15:08
TY Fish/Chips,

Catch Me ifyoucan • May 17, 2017 12:15 AM BST
AT&T Byron Nelson 2017
Its back to Texas for the FOURTH time this year as Masters Champion Sergio Garcia defends his title with four of the world's Top 6 (8 of the T20) in the 156 player field. The field often lacks depth as this tournament often takes a back seat to other prominent events between the Masters and US OPEN. Remember US OPEN places are still up for grabs...The Top 60 in the OWGR next Monday receive automatic berths.
The first half of a Texas ‘Two Step’ honouring two GREATS of the Game - this week it’s Byron Nelson, from the TPC Four Seasons Resort in Irving followed next week by Ben Hogan at Colonial C.C. It’s also the 35th and final time as host for TPC Four Seasons as the event moves just south of downtown Dallas next year, to the Coore/Crenshaw links-style layout at Trinity Forest GC - a former landfill site where they turned trash into treasure - [i]Spieth
is a member. Jordan’s best finish at this track is T-16 in 2010 when he was in high school and he plays it every year.[/i]
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 May 18 15:29
Take your pick

ANCER SERGIO HOSSLER KUCHAR MATSUYAMA MITCHELL NIEMANN SCOTT SPIETH UIHLEIN WALKER WERENSKI WISE
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 May 18 15:52
11-time winner and 3-time Major Champion JORDAN SPIETH along with GARCIA & HIDEKI are the standouts this week...

Since 2012, the best the winner of the AT&T Byron Nelson has placed at THE PLAYERS (the week before their win) is San Moon Bae...T33 in 2013.

Spieth's instructor, Cameron McCormick, is based here, and his sponsor, AT&T, was instrumental in creating the course. As a founding member, he has his own locker and unlimited access to the facilities as they have evolved around him. If anyone knows which trail leads to success on this links-style layout, it is Spieth. "I don't know if it's a home-field advantage for me or not," Spieth said. "I've played there a lot, but so have a lot of guys [touring pros] who live in North Texas."
You have only to look at Spieth's remarkable performance in winning last year's British Open to know his style thrives on links layouts.
"If it favours anyone, it favours someone with a lot of imagination," said Crenshaw, the former Texas Longhorn who has become a mentor of Spieth's. "And one person that comes to my mind is Jordan Spieth."

The Nelson's move to Trinity Forest was essentially prompted by weak fields at the TPC. Will the new course solve that problem?
Spieth has made a point of pitching the new layout and the lures of Uptown and other popular spots in Dallas as perks to his peers.
"I know it will be fun to welcome other Tour players to a new course in North Texas," he said. "I'm looking forward to it."
But players can be creatures of habit. New courses require a lot of homework, especially a links layout with uncertain rolls.
Trinity Forest was designed to play hard and fast, allowing the player to use a full repertoire of shots. Judging the amount of carry on approach shots can be tricky.
Spieth said that Trinity Forest is a "second-shot course where you've got to really think about where you're leaving the ball.
Because everything looks very spacious ... you can work different flights, but it's very challenging if you're not really focused on where the ball is being left."
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 May 18 15:59
Interesting to watch the market develop on here - with the 2 and 11 buck punters putting up their lays Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 May 18 17:18
The T60 in the OWGR next Monday are automatically into the US Open - so watch Jimmy Walker #56, Peter Uihlein #57 & Charles Howell III #59 try a touch harder to retain their status this week. (Tiger is up to 80th from 92nd this week, while Spieth is up one to OWGR #3). Garcia will be trying to match Sam Snead and Tom Watson as the only three-time winners of this event.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 May 18 22:14
The PGA has doused Trinity Forest GC with water to slow down conditions, as fear of player complaints are driving the decision it seems.

http://www.trinityforestgc.com/

WEATHER is Sunny and Hot the next few days...
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/dallas-tx/75202/hourly-weather-forecast/351194
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 May 18 23:36
Matched:EUR 17,959
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 15 May 18 18:01
Matched: EUR 55,388.

OTHER TRINITY FOREST MEMBERS are Beau Hossler 33/1, & Hunter Mahan 150/1 (1/5 8plcs with PP).

No water hazards in play this week but well over 80 bunkers to be avoided. The course superintendent, Kasey Kauff says Trinity Forest will "without question be the firmest and fastest course seen in America on the PGA TOUR this year", but whether he gets his way (with the PGA) is another matter.
The burning question this week is..... WHO SHOT JR ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sKX3tWaOew
By:
mengmeng
When: 15 May 18 20:48
looks like i will be giving this a miss, especially for the first few days, i was all looking forward to lump on Spieth thinking hasnt won for a bit get some 10/1, i know its a weak field but i am not gonna be backing him@5s.Not even i can do that. I guess will see how it looks at weekend. oh well
By:
DickTurpin
When: 15 May 18 21:42
AT AND T B N PICK(S) :-

J Spieth @6.6

GL with your picks................
By:
mengmeng
When: 16 May 18 01:15
the more i look the more i think i might get involved with either Walker or Garcia, maybe both if im feeling daring, i will see what i feel on thursday
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 16 May 18 08:33
fascinating.

I don't know about anyone else, but please let us know, because I'm glued to my computer wondering who mengmeng is going to back Wink
By:
therhino
When: 16 May 18 10:57
If he shows up, there will be a whole heap of 'i can't believe i didn't back Matsy at 28s against this rubbish' on Sunday.

Only way to avoid this the way I see it is to back Matsy at 28s.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 16 May 18 12:39
what rubbish? spieth is playing.
By:
therhino
When: 16 May 18 13:18
Yes but the rest are the aforementioned rubbish. Any kind of form and Matsy is single digits with him.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 16 May 18 13:26
true but the problem is he doesn't seem to be showing any form. doesn't seem to have completely recovered from his injury from earlier in the season.
By:
therhino
When: 16 May 18 13:28
Hence the price... which is the point of backing him. You won't get it the week after he fired up.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 16 May 18 14:12
Catch Me ifyoucan • May 10, 2018 3:57 PM BST
Past champ and OWGR #13 Sergio Garcia is surely ready for his 19th PLAYERS - as the all-time earnings leader here with 16 pay-days in 18 starts with 9 T25's, 6 T10's and 5 T5's. He won on his 9th attempt in 2008 (playoff) and also was runner-up in 2007 and 2015 (playoff loss). More recently though, the Texan resident finished T54 in 2016 and T30 last year, where he was T7thru54 and choked with a 6-over 78 !
He won in Singapore (Asian Tour) to kick off calendar-year 2018 and has made just eight worldwide starts since. The 38-year-old Spaniard, 95th in the FedEx Cup standings, became a father on 14th March (and the Masters Champ fittingly named her Azalea) so I'm asking when does the NAPPY FACTOR kick in Sergio ?

Sergio Garcia tweeted - "Excited to see the new home of the Byron Nelson! Big change from the Four Seasons at Las Colinas. Hope it plays fast and firm, like it’s supposed to."

Slumdog, you got the wrong NAPPY FACTOR imvho Tongue Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwwAVRyNmgQ
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 16 May 18 14:56
After this week we have the first T60 #OWGR cutoff point for the US Open qualification...Uihlein and Howell are the ones to watch (as Walker is already qualified).
Adam Scott needs a T9 while James Hahn, Kevin Na & Horschel need a T2 (or better). If Hossler wins he's in !
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 16 May 18 15:07
forget about all these wishy-washy loser "value" bets and lump on the spiffy

you know it makes sense Cool
By:
therhino
When: 16 May 18 15:12
28s to 21s lewisham. Stake back, no pain cheering him on for free.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 16 May 18 15:24
nice one mate, although you could have got 1000 if you had held on till sunday night Wink
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 16 May 18 16:10
Rhino, I'm also on, BUT he's been starting poorly in Rounds 1, so we might have gone in too soon ? Devil

BIG BET...Hideki Matsuyama 28.00 €2.00 €54.00 Tongue Out
By:
mengmeng
When: 16 May 18 18:41
lewisham, you always mine on here about people being mean to you and stuff, do you think it might be because you are a total ass
By:
mengmeng
When: 16 May 18 18:42
moan even
By:
mengmeng
When: 16 May 18 18:50
and going on about snide remarks you are doing enough of your own needlessly, when i am just posting to fill in the empty space and have a bit of a community, , but whhatever im done with it. good luck huys. i have had enough of being spoke to like that for no reason . so im done. cya guys
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 16 May 18 19:10
I was just yanking your chain meng meng, no need to react like that mate Cry
By:
Junction25
When: 16 May 18 23:17
kiss and make up guys !! I need you both on top form !! lets beat the bookies guys !!
By:
THEMONEYSHOT
When: 17 May 18 09:35

May 16, 2018 -- 7:10PM, lewisham ranger wrote:

I was just yanking your chain meng meng, no need to react like that mate

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." Doc Holliday "Tombstone"

Or

lewisham ranger, Betfair golf forum. Laugh

By:
therhino
When: 17 May 18 10:51
Late/early might have a bit of edge here, look to have the better conditions on both days.
By:
mengmeng
When: 17 May 18 11:34
woke up in a better mood today, i may have overreacted slightly, i was having a very bad day yesterday. so moving on
i have gone for Jimmy Walker, out late/early which as Rhino says looks slightly better and hes obviously showing/coming into a bit of form so 2 points each way is my bet.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 17 May 18 11:54
aye you're a good egg mengmeng, you know it's a bit of banter, unlike toossers like the money shot and zafonic, i don't really mean it Wink
By:
Total Bosman
When: 17 May 18 13:13
Not much to get excited about field-wise but the more I see of the course the more of an interesting watch I think this'll be.  Regardless how it plays it certainly looks lovely.
By:
system99
When: 17 May 18 13:32
can never be over confident with new course, especially this one but my team...

Matt Kuchar 22.00
Charles Howell III 48.00
Brandt Snedeker 50.00
Kevin Na 85.00
Daniel Summerhays 180.00
David Lingmerth 250.00
Seamus Power 210.00
Joel Dahmen 260.00
Ben Crane 330.00

best 3 bold- good luck
By:
Total Bosman
When: 17 May 18 14:48
Start each day the way Keith Mitchell starts a Thursday.
By:
therhino
When: 17 May 18 14:49
Really is becoming monotonous isn't it. You on TB?
By:
Total Bosman
When: 17 May 18 14:52
I am now.  Didn't really play this week before the off.
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now