Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
anxious
03 May 18 12:43
| Topic/replies: 24,247 | Blogger: anxious's blog
Waffling on about not liking or rating the Open or the US Open and saying that the only tournament that counts is the Masters Plain
Share |
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 4, 2018 6:35 PM BST
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RORY

What did Rory McIlroy do in his three weeks off since finishing T-5 at The Masters?

Went home to Ireland, binge watched “Billions” and read two books,
The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness”,
and “Essentialism, the Disciplined Pursuit of Less”.

Tim Rosaforte talked to Rory after his opening-round 69 in the Wells Fargo Championship and he explained that one of his New Year’s resolutions was to read more.
He had read “The Chimp Paradox” before, but there were a few things that happened to McIlroy in his final round at Augusta that related to him, so he wanted to go over the text and see if anything stuck out or resonated in his quest to complete the Grand Slam. “Sort of the fight between the left side of the brain and the right side of the brain, that sort of stuff,” he said.

“Essentialism” was a book turned on to him by close friend Jimmy Dunne, the club president at Seminole and senior managing principal of Sandler O’Neill, an investment banking firm and brokerage dealer based in New York.
“Jimmy’s the one being pulled in opposite directions,” McIlroy explained, “as I am. It’s a good reminder, when you wake up in the morning and say, ‘What’s the most important thing today?’” Part of that philosophy entails learning how to say no, which McIlroy experiences with so many demands on his time.

As for “Billions,” McIlroy, who turned 29 today, caught up by watching the entire second season. He was into the Season 3, when he finally needed to see a bit of daylight and get outside – go for walks and start doing his usual thing.
When asked about the dichotomy between the books he read and the plot involving billionaire Bobby Axelrod, the win-at-all-costs hedge fund manager in his TV show, McIlroy broke into a big smile and admitted, “It gives you balance.”
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 4, 2018 6:40 PM BST
https://www.golfchannel.com/article/rex-hoggard/mcilroys-birthday-approaches...
Devil
Report par May 4, 2018 8:44 PM BST
Rory backers can throw their slips in the bin.

Another wretched in contention effort.
Report xmoneyx May 6, 2018 3:04 PM BST
only 8th e/w masters saved me Whoops

ive lost over 1k in rory 2-balls Cry
Report par May 7, 2018 4:16 PM BST
He is a dumpling. Did he say to his caddie late on in round 2, I know you know I am not a mug ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now