Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mr meagi
22 Apr 18 23:03
| Topic/replies: 1,010 | Blogger: mr meagi's blog
I will skip the 'doubles' event on the PGA next week...playing in the wind effects my swing.
Help me wade through this 'bird nest soup' of a thing in China. Work starts Monday.Tongue Out
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Volvo China Open
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 22, 2018 11:57 PM BST
A five star forecast this week with sunny conditions throughout...

http://www.golfweather.com/china/beijing/topwin-golf-country-club/166855
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 23, 2018 12:02 AM BST
A LEVY THREE-PEAT...

Catch Me ifyoucan • April 30, 2017 4:39 PM BST
Alexander Levy of France beat Dylan Frittelli in a playoff Sunday to win the China Open. The 2014 champion began the final round seven shots behind overnight leader Frittelli. Levy birdied the par-5 18th for a 67 to finish at 17-under 271 and force a playoff with the South African.
Frittelli sent his second shot on the last hole over the hospitality tent and had to settle for par in a 2-over 74 and a trip back up the 18th. Levy then found the fairway off the tee while Frittelli sent his drive into a bunker. But after the Frenchman ended in sand with his second, both men were left with birdie putts.
Frittelli missed his attempt and Levy rolled it in from 15 feet to claim victory.
"That's an amazing feeling to be back in the winner's circle", "This means a lot because it was the first tournament I won on the European Tour." - Levy.

jedi sophie • April 30, 2017 10:16 AM BST
Some of Fritelli play belongs in the Sunday Medal....From the sublime to the ridiculous! Talk about giving away an opportunity!
Well played A Levy though. Fearless, and refreshing!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 23, 2018 12:40 AM BST
WHEN IN CHINA.....

go see The Great Wall Of China, from the former Masters Champion Ian Woosnam-designed Par 72, 7261yds Topwin G&CC on the northern outskirts of the capital Beijing. This exclusive private club is situated right at the base of one of the ‘Seven Wonders of the World’ and plays host to the 24th edition of the European Tour's VOLVO China Open for the third year running. 2018 will be tri-sanctioned once again by the European Tour, the Asian Tour and the China Golf Association.

Speaking of VOLVO...this is the Swedish brand’s 137th title sponsorship in men’s professional golf and the company’s 87th on the European Tour.
The Beijing Motor Show is held biennially so it could be a huge distraction this year. Expect world premieres from Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Bentley and many others...(and sfa from Volvo).
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/beijing-motor-show

Li Haotong realised a dream by winning his first European Tour title at Topwin and he has gone on to prove that he is capable of winning more events on the European Tour. Everyone in China was proud of him when he won in 2016, and he then went on to represent the nation at the Rio Olympic Games with Wu Ashun, who also won the Volvo China Open in Shanghai in 2015. The champions of the two previous events held at Topwin - Li Haotong and Alex Levy - also broke records thanks to their victories, with Li becoming the youngest winner of the event in 2016 and Levy becoming the first player to win the event twice (2014 and 2017).
LEVY strengthened his chances of a Ryder Cup debut (an outsider prospect?) as he held his nerve brilliantly down the stretch to win his fifth European Tour title at the Trophée Hassan II on Sunday at Royal Golf Dar Es Salam in Rabat in Morocco - providing the perfect momentum as the Frenchman goes in search of a successful defence and a third title in China (oddly only three of his five wins came over 72 holes).

jedi sophie • April 30, 2017 10:00 AM BST
Another Chokefest on the Euro Tour!!!

REMEMBER IT kicks off at 11.40 on WEDNESDAY NITE
CM iyc Devil
Report mr meagi April 23, 2018 8:47 AM BST
Great Work, Catch, Thanks and Well Done!Cool
Report mr meagi April 23, 2018 11:32 AM BST
It is a wonder to me as I look at this great wall of Chinese golfers that....3 of them finished in the Top 40 here last year, at this place. H.T.Lee won this in 2016 but he was the only Chinese Golfer in the Top 40. I have to conclude that it is a waste of cerebral energy  to wade through the, Yang's , the Wang's and the Tang's of this field, looking for an over-looked 'needle in a haystack'...in other words ,just treat this as a restricted numbers European Event.

(A Chinese golfer might win this but 'good luck' finding him.)Confused
Report mr meagi April 23, 2018 11:35 AM BST
Hao Tong LiBlush
Report mr meagi April 23, 2018 12:06 PM BST
Mystic Meg could not decipher this conundrum, and all I can forecast is financial loss if I proceed to muse on this oriental fare.... I am making a tactical retreat to the 'safety' of the Punchestown GG's starting tomorrow.. see you again at Quail Hollow.Cool
Report mr meagi April 23, 2018 11:30 PM BST
I threw a dart and it hit this...that's me done for the week. GLTA!
Wannasrichan, Rattanon @ 250/1 EW 1/5 - 1,2,3,4,5,6
Total Stake:    € 4.00 Estimated return: €604.00Cool
Report mr meagi April 24, 2018 10:09 AM BST
'A fool and his money are easily parted'Blush

Phachara Khongwatmai 208.82 €17.00  €3,533.00
Yi Cao 402.78 €17.00  €6,830.30
Rattanon Wannasrichan 427.79 €14.00  €5,975.10
Report mengmeng April 25, 2018 11:25 PM BST
Put my winnings fron Levy last week back on to him tthis week, he has everything going for him except his price! i expect him to give a good show and hopefully at very least be able to do a nice trade. I am not getting involed in america, like watching the format but not a fan betting it.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 26, 2018 12:26 AM BST
Let's see can BENJI Hebert do a little better finish this week Devil
Report zafonic1515 April 27, 2018 1:40 AM BST
Why do you quote others but not substantiate why CMIYC.?

Any reason?

Not exactly short on words yourself.
Report mr meagi April 27, 2018 1:40 AM BST
Can 'sleep apnea' be fatal? Dove-tailing European and PGA Tours means no sleep for a 'golf punting addict'...zzzzz.Scared

ps: Luiten on the move early along with Wu Ashun who is good here but who collapsed when in contention last week...decisions, decisions...if I hear the birds sing ...I'll know I'm fckd!
Report zafonic1515 April 27, 2018 1:42 AM BST
Nfl draft interesting. To double on.
Report mr meagi April 27, 2018 1:43 AM BST
Hi zafonic1515, no rest for you eitherCool
Report zafonic1515 April 27, 2018 1:46 AM BST
Nfl and golf.
Love both.

On Luiten,Levy,Elvira. Decent start,long may it continue,enjoy the golf.
Report mr meagi April 27, 2018 1:46 AM BST
Hi, mengmeng, that ELVIRA, Nacho  guy of yours is around the house again!Cool
Report mengmeng April 27, 2018 1:46 AM BST
still happy with mt Levy bet, aslong as he shoots 6 under today that is!
Report zafonic1515 April 27, 2018 1:47 AM BST
Ooft,another Nacho....4 under.
Report mengmeng April 27, 2018 1:48 AM BST
yeah i almost did add him earlier today
Report mr meagi April 27, 2018 1:50 AM BST
All this Nacho stuff is making me hungry...Levy is  proving to be an above average player for the European Tour...great win last week and double winner here.I'll stick with my 'rags'.
GLTA! Cool
Report mr meagi April 27, 2018 1:56 AM BST
Another birdie for Luiten, very talented but I have seen him do extraordinarily stupid things at times, ie the Indian Open this year, remember the Grillo 'meltdown'...Luiten chipped across a green at least three timesConfused
Report zafonic1515 April 27, 2018 1:59 AM BST
Listen a real good solid player imo.Like him to make Ryder cup..needs to pick up some wins like this though.
Think he will be there Sunday.
Report mr meagi April 27, 2018 2:01 AM BST
A birdie for Phachara, and on that pleasant note 'I will retreat to my boudoir' or as we say 'hit the hay' GLTA!
Report mr meagi April 27, 2018 8:13 AM BST
Speaking of the Indian Open, I was very impressed with Wallace at the end of that tournament...if he plays like that ...he wins...but he is very/very short. Looks like Beef 'missed a shout' not heading to China.Confused
Report swingwhenuwinning April 29, 2018 6:08 AM BST
Leaderboard like Stratford shopping centre yesterday, very congested
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 4, 2018 6:52 PM BST
RESULTS...

1 A. Bjork shoots -7 for -18 under par.
2 A. Otaegui -5 for -17
T3 J. Smith -8 for -16
T3 M. Wallace -4 for -16
T3 J. Campillo -5 for -16
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now