Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
10 Mar 18 07:32
| Topic/replies: 52,654 | Blogger: sageform's blog
I just can't understand why every report on a golf tournament starts with how Tiger Woods is faring. Is he really the only golfer that anyone is interested in? How about starting a report with who is leading the tournament, then where any Brits are in the leader board and finally where the hasbeens like Woods, Furyk etc. are if there is time.
Share |
Show More
Report dave1357 March 10, 2018 9:47 AM GMT
Seriously?
Report dlarssonf March 10, 2018 10:28 AM GMT
Brits Cry ffs they already get far too much coverage
Report donny osmond March 10, 2018 1:10 PM GMT
i'd prefer to see every shot westwood and clarke hit...

....seriously its a brilliant comeback story for the bloke who took golf forward all by himself,
and hes got so many fans that golf needs to bring back to the game to survive,  he deserves
all the news he gets. indeed a bit more coverage would be helpful, not less.

its all well and good all of us golf bores wanting to see golf each week, but without the mass
viewing figures there wont be golf at a reasonable price. the influx of idiots come major time
is a small price to pay for golf on tv every week

vamos tiger
Report kincsem March 11, 2018 10:10 AM GMT
How has Tiger Woods helped my viewing of golf?
No US MAsters coverage on TV for me because SKY have it.
No Open on TV because the BBC can't pay for it, or they are showing something politically correct rubbish.

Tiger Woods has brought the removal of golf from my TV because it is so popular Sky bought it.
Report therhino March 11, 2018 11:31 AM GMT
Well said Donny. I'm excited as feck for last round of Valspar. Long live the king Cool
Report anxious March 11, 2018 11:45 AM GMT
Why are people excited ? probably because he is the best player of all time
Report firstimevisor March 11, 2018 1:33 PM GMT
Its great to have him back. Sunday night TV is going to so much more enjoyable again.
Report sageform March 11, 2018 2:37 PM GMT
All time best is an opinion but plenty of multi winners of majors are still going round years after their last win and never get a mention. I rate Mickelson one of the best I have ever seen. Now that Tiger is in contention for today, the coverage makes more sense but in recent tournaments the headline has been "Tiger Woods has missed the cut" without a mention of who is leading! In my world the leader/winner is the most important player in any tournament and any sport. I have never subscribed to the cult of personality.
Report lfc1971 March 11, 2018 3:47 PM GMT
he was a bit of an annoying twit when he was playing
Report lfc1971 March 11, 2018 3:48 PM GMT
and his caddy
Report sageform March 11, 2018 6:09 PM GMT
Come on Justin.
Report GRANTCKING March 11, 2018 6:14 PM GMT
the way the media and commentators lick tigers arse sickens me, tiger prob laughs at these twats when he retires to his hotel room
Report cricketnut2 March 11, 2018 6:36 PM GMT
Nobody ever thought he'd be able to play again and this is his first couple of months back, doesn't play every week and he's equal top of the leaderboard, which is in itself a massive achievement.
Report anxious March 11, 2018 6:47 PM GMT
Fantastic player 14 majors , took golf to a new level
Report a bitofinterest March 11, 2018 10:18 PM GMT
couldnt even handle team casey
Report firstimevisor March 11, 2018 10:35 PM GMT
Casey only won it because he thought he'd lost it.
Report 1st time poster March 12, 2018 10:25 AM GMT
sky news,sky sports been an embarrassment here concentrating,highlighting woods coming 2nd and an English winner is only a 2nd thought
Report sageform March 12, 2018 1:57 PM GMT
First report I heard on Five live this morning only mentioned Woods finishing second. I had to go online to find out who won as I turned in before it finished last night.
Report dlarssonf March 12, 2018 4:18 PM GMT
Well be thankful Woods was playing or the wouldn't have mentioned the Golf at all
Report wedge1 March 12, 2018 7:36 PM GMT
sageform

woods has been your words
posting on an gambling forum not clever
he frightens the life out of golf gamblers
pre his return on here the trading exchange general odds for any major this year ranged from 33 to 66 to 1
for the farmers prior to the Valspar I would of layed 20s the man is a layers nightmare good to have him back
check out his odds now for any major and perhaps you will understand the power
Report Mighty Whites 2008 March 12, 2018 8:19 PM GMT
NBC, who were televising the event in the United States, reported that their third-round figures were up 181% and it was their highest-rated Saturday golf broadcast for a dozen years.
Report therhino March 12, 2018 9:13 PM GMT

Mar 12, 2018 -- 3:19PM, Mighty Whites 2008 wrote:

NBC, who were televising the event in the United States, reported that their third-round figures were up 181% and it was their highest-rated Saturday golf broadcast for a dozen years.

Imagine the Augusta ratings if he's in the mix on Sunday.

Report donny osmond March 12, 2018 9:49 PM GMT
imagine the first round ratings ....
Report BARROWBOY March 13, 2018 11:23 AM GMT
hes certainly doing me a favour,far better prices than expected for my fancies in the arnie & the masters.
Report Injera March 13, 2018 5:31 PM GMT
Good to have him back at the top of the leaderboard.

Trouble is, if he's 8 shots back they will STILL show his every shot at the expense of people who might actually win.

That's what's frustrating.

Casey's win was remarkable yet received little praise.
Report sageform March 13, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
I don't often bet the overall winner on golf but I do occasionally bet top 5 and avoid any of the big names (Woods, Mcilroy Speith) as their price is usually hopeless. If people are willing to pay to watch a player who has not won for years that is very sad.
Report therhino March 13, 2018 9:14 PM GMT
Not sure what is so hard to understand sageform - the greatest player to ever swing a club is making a comeback and people are excited and want to see it. What don't you get?
Report donny osmond March 14, 2018 10:25 AM GMT
is jack coming back as well rhino, ...wow !!!
Report therhino March 14, 2018 12:02 PM GMT
Get in the naughty corner Donny.
Report Kriskin March 14, 2018 10:36 PM GMT

Mar 13, 2018 -- 3:31PM, sageform wrote:

I don't often bet the overall winner on golf but I do occasionally bet top 5 and avoid any of the big names (Woods, Mcilroy Speith) as their price is usually hopeless. If people are willing to pay to watch a player who has not won for years that is very sad.

sage as rhino says the greatest player of all time is back playing.  In any sport it's great to have the best back.  Tiger has the XFactor

Report crystalhunt March 14, 2018 11:45 PM GMT
7/1 fav for this weekends Arnold Palmer. Poor value.
Report equine flew March 15, 2018 11:14 AM GMT
Amazing... like the last 5 years never happened
Report sageform March 15, 2018 12:03 PM GMT
Each to their own. He is not even a pleasant character off the course. Give me Rose, Speith, Mickelson, Garcia any time.
Report Lufc86 March 15, 2018 4:34 PM GMT
Fav for the masters in some places despite his last major win being in 08 and last win overall in 13

Makes sense Laugh
Report Kriskin March 16, 2018 12:20 AM GMT
^^^
Lufc - U need to understand Tiger has had terrible injuries and off course personal issues in recent years.  At present he seems to be over both of them.  This doesn't mean he's going get back to his best but at present he's making great progress.  If he keeps improving then I can understand why he is on the short side for the Masters
Report black shuck March 16, 2018 5:53 PM GMT
Just lay him coz hes always underpriced
Report black shuck March 16, 2018 5:55 PM GMT
8 shots off the lead and 2nd fav
Report mengmeng March 16, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
yeah hes got the 2nd round still to play so every chance of getting to -8 or -9 and will be shorter than now, he will drift as his score doesnt improe each hole as it should be.
Report sageform March 18, 2018 11:49 AM GMT
5 shots behind starting the final round so not completely out of it. McIlroy and Rose very well placed though in second and third.
Report xmoneyx March 18, 2018 9:20 PM GMT
playing well - just one bad shot cost him
Report sageform March 19, 2018 6:27 PM GMT
Playing very well for a veteran coming back from injury but still well beaten by McIlroy and Rose while Speith and plenty of others were not there.
Report mengmeng March 19, 2018 7:27 PM GMT
lol
Report zafonic1515 March 22, 2018 6:26 PM GMT
Rather watch Rose, Spieth, Garcia, over Tiger Woods?

Sageform, give up watching golf FGS.....

May I suggest netball.

The whole of the USA have turned up to either watch live or be on course and you give us those three.

Thank God he is back, and long may it continue....
Report JML March 22, 2018 6:34 PM GMT
with golf club membership falling throughout the country
does anyone think that a tiger revival will help to get
youngsters playing the game?his arrival 20 years ago had a huge
impact but in those days there was no smartphones and facebook etc.
Report donny osmond March 23, 2018 12:05 PM GMT
maybe if golf clubs did contracts like mobile phones they would get more members

free clubs, and lessons, and membership and 2 rounds a week for £x a month
Report therhino March 24, 2018 9:11 AM GMT
As a business model the traditional golf club is now a failure. Stubborn old fools who won't move with the times.
Report dlarssonf March 24, 2018 10:10 AM GMT
Rather watch Rose over Woods????? I give upCryCry
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2018 10:13 AM GMT
Woods could be dreadful to watch at times
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2018 10:15 AM GMT
very annoying when it was all about him and the way he seemed to walk in slow motion on the greens etc never hurrying
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2018 10:19 AM GMT
Taking a blinki8ng 5 iron off the tee to win the Open at Hoylake , dreadful and not exactly entertaining viewing
Expect a top golfer to be able to use a driver, if you cant we don't want to see you on the tv screens
Report woundedknee March 24, 2018 6:23 PM GMT
sex case
Report therhino March 26, 2018 8:19 AM BST

Mar 24, 2018 -- 5:19AM, lfc1971 wrote:

Taking a blinki8ng 5 iron off the tee to win the Open at Hoylake , dreadful and not exactly entertaining viewingExpect a top golfer to be able to use a driver, if you cant we don't want to see you on the tv screens

Ridiculous argument. The iron off the tee was a response to the conditions of the course, and he won the frickin tournament. Go fix yourself a cuppa and then take a spell, you need a rest man.

Report pumphol. March 27, 2018 12:00 AM BST
Blimey its like a love in here Shocked
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now