Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
04 Jan 18 21:49
| Topic/replies: 14,652 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
There has been an average of about 12 first-time winners over the last 5 seasons on the PGA TOUR - so with four already in the bag (Armour, Kizzire, Cantlay, and Cook) - that means we should expect to see maybe another 6 to 10 more golfers earn their maiden victory before the 2017-18 season ends.

PICK 3 from this list of 25 golfers most likely to secure their first PGA TOUR win in 2018 (listed in no particular order)..... 

Tommy Fleetwood
Graham DeLaet
Tyrrell Hatton
Thomas Pieters
Luke List
Bud Cauley
Peter Uihlein
Matthew Fitzpatrick
Jamie Lovemark
Byeong Hun An
Jason Kokrak 
Sung Kang
Ollie Schniederjans
J.J. Spaun
Whee Kim
Anirban Lahiri
Kevin Tway
Patrick Rodgers
Brandon Hagy
Bernd Wiesberger
Aaron Wise
Alex Noren
Francesco Molinari
Seamus Power
Beau Hossler

CMiyc Devil
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 22
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Jan 18 23:58
The newest winner on the PGA Tour needed to shoot 63 in the final round of the Web.com Tour season just to punch his ticket to the BIG League.
A few weeks later, Canadian Nick Taylor is a PGA Tour winner, the culmination of a circuitous journey for the former No. 1-ranked Amateur in the World.
There are no guarantees in pro golf, of course, before he secured his playing privileges through the 2016-17 season, Taylor now 29yo, toiled on mini-tours, begged for sponsor exemptions and made the most of his opportunities on the Canadian circuit.

Eight years ago, the route to stardom seemed much more direct. After all, he was an All-Everything at Washington, a two-time Pac-12 Player of the Year, a NCAA runner-up, a McCormack Medal winner as the top-ranked Amateur in the world. In May 2010, he was named the winner of the Ben Hogan Award, the prestigious honour given to the top performer in college and amateur events over a 12-month span - the best college golfer in the US !

NOW CONSIDER THIS.....
With Taylor’s victory at the Sanderson Farms in 2015, every Hogan Award winner from 2004-2010 has won at least once on the big tour: Bill Haas, Ryan Moore, Matt Every, Chris Kirk, Rickie Fowler and Kyle Stanley.....some experienced success right away while others were late bloomers.

The question now is whether the most recent winners (2011-2017) of the award will follow suit and break through on the PGA Tour. History suggests they will.....eventually.

Here’s a look.....

Peter Uihlein (2011): Conveniently, he finished T-4 in Mississippi (Sanderson Farms behind Nick Taylor) for his career-best result on TOUR. The son of Wally Uihlein, CEO of Acushnet/Titleist then blazed a trail to Europe that saw him win a Euro Tour event (Madeira Islands 2013) and rise as high as #52 in the world. The 29yo remains immensely talented after a career best year in 2017 in Europe.

Patrick Cantlay (2012): Your Shriners Hospitals 2018 winner is already in the ‘first timers’ bag. Having played on a medical extension earlier in his career, when healthy, the 28-year-old is among the game’s brightest up-and-comers. A back injury, though, essentially cost him all of 2014, so it took a little time to cross the line.

Chris Williams (2013)..... 2011 Walker Cupper - the 26-year-old turned pro at the 2013 Travelers Championship - signed with Excel Sports Management, which represents Tiger Woods, Matt Kuchar, Gary Woodland and Patrick Cantlay, the last of whom turned pro at the 2012  Travelers - teed it up in the 2015 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines on a sponsor exemption. Williams is not a member of the PGA TOUR, but has enjoyed his share of sponsor exemptions so not sure when he’s ready to join the big boys again. He’s currently on the Mackenzie Tour in Canada where he holds the course record 61 at ATB Financial Classic.

Patrick Rodgers (2014): Rodgers, 25, authored one of the best college careers in recent memory, his 11 wins tying Tiger Woods’ career mark at Stanford. But success hasn’t been as easy to come by in the pro ranks, mostly because of an oblique injury that robbed him of a chance to earn his card through spot starts. Since his T2 at the 2015 Wells Fargo, T3 at the 2016 Travelers and 2nd in the 2017 John Deere, he is up to #171 in the OWGR - and rising.

In (2015) & (2016) it was Arizona State's JONny RAHMbo ! ... 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner btw, and now World #4, so say no more.

...and in (2017) Stanford's Maverick McNealy.....qualified for the 2014 US Open at Pinehurst at the age of 18. During the 2014−15 golf season, McNealy shot a 61 in the final round of the Pac-12 Conference Championship tournament, tying the 18-hole Stanford record held by Tiger Woods and Cameron Wilson. In 2015, he won the Haskins Award, which is presented annually to the best collegiate male golfer in the United States, becoming the third Stanford University golfer to win the award since 1971 (the other two being Woods and Patrick Rodgers). Despite being America's most highly rated professional golf prospect in 2016, McNealy considered passing on professional golf for a career in business. His billionaire father, Scott McNealy, co-founded Sun Microsystems, which was acquired by Oracle Corporation for $7.4 billion in 2010. My dad always tells me, “To whom much is given, much is expected" - A first-world problem to end all first-world problems, that we all would love to have. In August 2017, McNealy confirmed that he would turn professional after the 2017 Walker Cup and made his professional debut was at the Safeway Open...much is still expected, whenever.
CMiyc Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Jan 18 23:59
The newest winner on the PGA Tour needed to shoot 63 in the final round of the Web.com Tour season just to punch his ticket to the BIG League.
A few weeks later, Canadian Nick Taylor is a PGA Tour winner, the culmination of a circuitous journey for the former No. 1-ranked Amateur in the World.
There are no guarantees in pro golf, of course, before he secured his playing privileges through the 2016-17 season, Taylor now 29yo, toiled on mini-tours, begged for sponsor exemptions and made the most of his opportunities on the Canadian circuit.

Eight years ago, the route to stardom seemed much more direct. After all, he was an All-Everything at Washington, a two-time Pac-12 Player of the Year, a NCAA runner-up, a McCormack Medal winner as the top-ranked Amateur in the world. In May 2010, he was named the winner of the Ben Hogan Award, the prestigious honour given to the top performer in college and amateur events over a 12-month span - the best college golfer in the US !

NOW CONSIDER THIS.....
With Taylor’s victory at the Sanderson Farms in 2015, every Hogan Award winner from 2004-2010 has won at least once on the big tour: Bill Haas, Ryan Moore, Matt Every, Chris Kirk, Rickie Fowler and Kyle Stanley.....some experienced success right away while others were late bloomers.

The question now is whether the most recent winners (2011-2017) of the award will follow suit and break through on the PGA Tour. History suggests they will.....eventually.

Here’s a look.....

Peter Uihlein (2011): Conveniently, he finished T-4 in Mississippi (Sanderson Farms behind Nick Taylor) for his career-best result on TOUR. The son of Wally Uihlein, CEO of Acushnet/Titleist then blazed a trail to Europe that saw him win a Euro Tour event (Madeira Islands 2013) and rise as high as #52 in the world. The 29yo remains immensely talented after a career best year in 2017 in Europe.

Patrick Cantlay (2012): Your Shriners Hospitals 2018 winner is already in the ‘first timers’ bag. Having played on a medical extension earlier in his career, when healthy, the 28-year-old is among the game’s brightest up-and-comers. A back injury, though, essentially cost him all of 2014, so it took a little time to cross the line.

Chris Williams (2013)..... 2011 Walker Cupper - the 26-year-old turned pro at the 2013 Travelers Championship - signed with Excel Sports Management, which represents Tiger Woods, Matt Kuchar, Gary Woodland and Patrick Cantlay, the last of whom turned pro at the 2012  Travelers - teed it up in the 2015 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines on a sponsor exemption. Williams is not a member of the PGA TOUR, but has enjoyed his share of sponsor exemptions so not sure when he’s ready to join the big boys again. He’s currently on the Mackenzie Tour in Canada where he holds the course record 61 at ATB Financial Classic.

Patrick Rodgers (2014): Rodgers, 25, authored one of the best college careers in recent memory, his 11 wins tying Tiger Woods’ career mark at Stanford. But success hasn’t been as easy to come by in the pro ranks, mostly because of an oblique injury that robbed him of a chance to earn his card through spot starts. Since his T2 at the 2015 Wells Fargo, T3 at the 2016 Travelers and 2nd in the 2017 John Deere, he is up to #171 in the OWGR - and rising.

In (2015) & (2016) it was Arizona State's JONny RAHMbo ! ... 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner btw, and now World #4, so say no more.

...and in (2017) Stanford's Maverick McNealy.....qualified for the 2014 US Open at Pinehurst at the age of 18. During the 2014−15 golf season, McNealy shot a 61 in the final round of the Pac-12 Conference Championship tournament, tying the 18-hole Stanford record held by Tiger Woods and Cameron Wilson. In 2015, he won the Haskins Award, which is presented annually to the best collegiate male golfer in the United States, becoming the third Stanford University golfer to win the award since 1971 (the other two being Woods and Patrick Rodgers). Despite being America's most highly rated professional golf prospect in 2016, McNealy considered passing on professional golf for a career in business. His billionaire father, Scott McNealy, co-founded Sun Microsystems, which was acquired by Oracle Corporation for $7.4 billion in 2010. My dad always tells me, “To whom much is given, much is expected" - A first-world problem to end all first-world problems, that we all would love to have. In August 2017, McNealy confirmed that he would turn professional after the 2017 Walker Cup and made his professional debut was at the Safeway Open...much is still expected, whenever.
CMiyc Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 05 Jan 18 00:00
PICK 3 from this list of 25 golfers most likely to secure their first PGA TOUR win in 2018
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 05 Jan 18 00:16
Just found this too...

http://nolayingup.com/2016/07/01/lot-first-time-winners-season/
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 05 Jan 18 18:59
PICK 3 from this list of 25 golfers most likely to secure their first PGA TOUR win in 2018 (listed in no particular order)..... 

MY PICKS fwiw...
-----------------------
Aaron Wise
Bud Cauley
Peter Uihlein

-----------------------
Patrick Rodgers
Beau Hossler
Jason Kokrak
Seamus Power
Byeong Hun An
Brandon Hagy
Luke List
Jamie Lovemark
Sung Kang
Ollie Schniederjans
J.J. Spaun
Whee Kim
Kevin Tway
Graham DeLaet
Tommy Fleetwood
Tyrrell Hatton
Matthew Fitzpatrick
Anirban Lahiri
Thomas Pieters
Francesco Molinari
Bernd Wiesberger
Alex Noren
By:
Total Bosman
When: 05 Jan 18 23:51
Uihlein, Kokrak and Schniederjans would be my picks, I reckon.
By:
therhino
When: 07 Jan 18 09:30
I'll go for Ollie, Rodgers and Kang.
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 08 Jan 18 18:15
Rodgers, Hossler, Lovemark
By:
Knight Rider
When: 12 Jan 18 17:43
Hatton, Fleetwood, Uihlein.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 13 Jan 18 12:17
rodgers hasn't really trained on. ollie should win this season. might even win this week. also like bozelli to possibly break his duck at some point.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 13 Feb 18 19:44

Mighty,
-6 68,67,70,73 for 278 to be 22nd last year, from runaway winner DJ on -17 (won by 5), and T8 in Pebble.....150/1 ALL ABOARD !
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 13 Feb 18 21:48
Had a huge green on rodgers going into sunday last week but thought he was a big price at mid 40s prior to the start of the final round just a few shots back. Didn't take advantage of the early par five or make a birdie to the back nine and never shortened or contended.

Fancy he will get a win eventually but fancy a birdie fest rather than somewhere like riv
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 13 Feb 18 21:49
Hossler has been getting in the mix a bit as well but keeps posting terrible final rounds
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 Feb 18 22:19
IS THIS THEIR WEEK ?
Patrick Rodgers
Jason Kokrak
Alex Noren
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Feb 18 22:53
LUKE was high on the LIST Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 May 18 19:03
WISE up again maybe
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 05 May 18 17:35
AND Mr Uihlein too - NINE UNDER THRU 15 today.....wow we Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 09 May 18 23:07
A GREAT CHANCE THIS WEEK...

Tommy Fleetwood 55's 1/4 6plcs
Francesco Molinari 50's 1/4 6plcs
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 09 May 18 23:14
Uihlein is fourth alternate for THE PLAYERS btw.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 22 May 18 22:50
Catch Me ifyoucan • January 5, 2018 12:00 AM GMT
PICK 3 from this list of 25 golfers most likely to secure their first PGA TOUR win in 2018

Note: The Colonial is not first-time winner friendly so hold your horses for another week.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Jun 18 02:54
PGA TOUR rookie and World No.60 Peter Uihlein 6-under-par 33-33=66 in the final round of the Memorial Tournament to post 13-under 275, finishing a season-tying-best solo 5th, two swings short of a 3-man playoff. It was the 28yo Jupiter, Florida, resident's 2nd Memorial event (after T25 last year, which was tied second-best among 18 first-timers) and has now recorded eight consecutive sub-par rounds. The Oklahoma State product is currently ranked 8th in both SG: Off-the-Tee and SG: Approach, and 3rd in SG: Tee-to-Green (10.285).
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now