Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lewisham ranger
10 Oct 17 19:33
| Topic/replies: 2,617 | Blogger: lewisham ranger's blog
I reckon he will have a huge season in 2018 including a major

drives it an absolute mile and putts for fun, and his iron shots are very aggressive.

Is it possible that he's the next world number one and the next dominant player?
Share |
Show More
Report Facts October 13, 2017 9:36 AM BST
Needs to mature - a lot !!
Report kincsem October 13, 2017 12:00 PM BST
I was very impressed with his play in the Irish Open.
He needs to develop Jordan Spieth like course management/self control.
Report GoBallistic October 13, 2017 3:28 PM BST
Even Pat Perez like course management/self control would be an improvement
Report lewisham ranger October 13, 2017 4:41 PM BST

GoBallistic 13 Oct 17 15:28 Joined: 20 Nov 00 | Topic/replies: 3,235 | Blogger: GoBallistic's blog
Even Pat Perez like course management/self control would be an improvement

I noticed yesterday he went slightly awry with a wedge, was on the green but not as close as he would like, and he went totally bonkers and started smashing the fairway

Similarly when he left a putt short he looked absolutely furious, like his head was going to explode

So i take the point about anger but then when you look at Thomas for example he's very hard on himself and look what he's achieved this year. Tyrell Hatton is another one who's quite similar so that wouldn't really bother me about Rahm

He does have a game which is best described when he's fully on as "awesome" he's got the power of Dustin Johnson but about ten years younger, which is why I think if anyone is going to dominate over the next few years it's probably going to be him
Report lewisham ranger October 13, 2017 4:42 PM BST
But I take the point- I think the reason he's struggled in Majors so far is he lack's a B game, which clearly Jordan has got and has had from a very early age
Report par October 13, 2017 4:42 PM BST
Spieth is as bad as anyone.

He goes off on one quick as well.
Report lewisham ranger October 13, 2017 4:43 PM BST
Probably when Rahm wins his first major he'll win by ten shots or something stupid Crazy
Report lewisham ranger October 13, 2017 4:45 PM BST

par 13 Oct 17 16:42 Joined: 20 Jul 01 | Topic/replies: 6,943 | Blogger: par's blog
Spieth is as bad as anyone.

He goes off on one quick as well.

Yes but Spieth knows how to carry his emotions much better, for example he won't carry that over to one hole. He also has the presence of mind that most golfers don't have, take that hole in the open where he had to take an unplayable, thomas or rahm would have got a snowman there, in fact most golfers would have done, but he slowed down himself down, limited the damage and kept himself in it
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 13, 2017 5:53 PM BST
ttt
Report MadVlad October 14, 2017 6:44 PM BST
Tiger was the daddy here,as soon as he left the last hole he cleared his mind and proceeded to the next hole. Mental strength is a golfers strongest asset imo.
Report xmoneyx October 15, 2017 12:33 PM BST
it's why monty never won a major
Report Facts October 15, 2017 8:17 PM BST
MadVlad    14 Oct 17 18:44 
Tiger was the daddy here,as soon as he left the last hole he cleared his mind and proceeded to the next hole. Mental strength is a golfers strongest asset imo.

Which is what Spieth does.
Report Facts October 15, 2017 8:17 PM BST
MadVlad    14 Oct 17 18:44 

Which is what Spieth does.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 16, 2017 1:39 PM BST
Shots better than the field average at Rolex Series events (per round):

2.84 Rahm
2.31 Fleetwood
2.30 Rose
2.27 Cabrera Bello
2.22 Fisher
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 21, 2017 7:52 PM BST
Rahm has had a fantastic run since turning pro and is clearly a wonderful young talent. As a few have said his temperament is his biggest weakness. Whether he can improve on this year or not and turns his numerous top tens in to more wins is doubtful until he learns to control his emotions. In majors where patience is so important he still has a lot to learn.
Report EUGENE KRABS October 21, 2017 9:22 PM BST
Never mind next world number one he needs to watch the calories or could be the next Tim Heron or Russell Claydon !
Report lewisham ranger November 19, 2017 10:26 PM GMT
Am I the only one who thinks he'll dominate the game for the next few years?

A major in 2018 beckons.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 19, 2017 10:35 PM GMT
...yawn
Report lewisham ranger November 19, 2017 10:58 PM GMT
yawn

says the guy who doesn't actually have an opinion of any note just posts a load of incredibly boring spam
Report jedi sophie November 19, 2017 11:38 PM GMT
Top player for many years to come....Rahmbo.
Report lewisham ranger January 22, 2018 5:32 PM GMT
going to be the next dominant player.

that ball-striking display last night was phenomenal. his putting will get better as well with confidence.

will break all sorts of records over the next few years including most majors by a euro player.
Report Facts January 22, 2018 5:50 PM GMT
8/1 for Farmers Cool
Report lewisham ranger January 22, 2018 6:04 PM GMT
I don't think he'll win this week strangely. Although it wouldn't surprise me if he hacked up
Report Mighty Whites 2008 January 22, 2018 8:44 PM GMT
The ominous thing for the rest was he wasn't at his best this weekend but still got the job done.

What impressed me most was his short game he did an excellent job scrambling when he was missing greens and holed a few crucial putts.
Report lewisham ranger January 27, 2018 6:54 PM GMT
amazing rise by rahm. even i underestimated him this week.

dj must be hiding behind the sofa. paula's just called him for dinner and he's nowhere to be seen!
Report Facts January 27, 2018 9:23 PM GMT
Making incredible hard work of it so far in this third round. The good thing is nobody else is breaking away from the field.
Report lewisham ranger January 27, 2018 9:33 PM GMT
he'll win

when things are going for you they're going for you

first rule of gambling, momentum kills
Report Facts January 27, 2018 9:43 PM GMT
Nah. 1st rule is ' don't chase your losses '
Report lewisham ranger January 27, 2018 9:47 PM GMT
well that's true but my new rule must be in the top 100 lol

don't back tiger must be up there as well....
Report Facts January 27, 2018 10:04 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Facts January 27, 2018 11:01 PM GMT
Hasn't  hit a decent drive from the T in this round
Report Facts January 27, 2018 11:58 PM GMT
Unbelievable - straight in the water on the last .Dear oh dear oh dear Cry
Report Facts January 28, 2018 12:09 AM GMT
A 6 !!!! Shockingly bad play.
I should have gone to bed two hours ago !
Report xmoneyx January 28, 2018 12:10 AM GMT
fook me that was painfull

7 on 18th after great drive
Report lewisham ranger January 28, 2018 9:25 AM GMT
tbf he's probably mentally tired after playing a lot of golf recently, at least it seemed it to me

he's played an awful lot of golf in the last 18 months and wonder if there's a danger of burn-out, they could pay a price for this pursuit of the number one spot
Report charwell. January 29, 2018 9:16 PM GMT
That double bogey on the 18th hole of the 3rd round obviously stayed with him the following day.

A supremely talented golfer but a definite Timeform squiggle jobby methinks. Perhaps one to avoid in the majors as he just doesn't have the right temperament yet.

Speith would never have let that bother him in the 4th round. Rahm went down the leaderboard faster than Englands middle order in the Ashes.
Report lewisham ranger February 3, 2018 10:30 AM GMT
A supremely talented golfer but a definite Timeform squiggle jobby methinks.

mind you people were saying that about spieth after he lost his match against graeme mcdowell in the ryder cup at gleneagles.

not sure if rahm will win a major this year or not but will be astonished if he doesn't win one in the next 2-3 years.

golf is very fluid at the moment. think the next 2-3 years will tell us a lot and although I agree with some posters that the majors will be swapped around a lot of players over the next few years, if a dominant player is to emerge then it'll surely be rahm, who has no weaknesses in his game and seems to be up there pretty much every week.
Report dlarssonf February 3, 2018 6:15 PM GMT
Ranger you reckon he was going to win 15 majors last year
Report lewisham ranger February 3, 2018 6:36 PM GMT
dlarssonf 03 Feb 18 18:15 Joined: 05 Mar 08 | Topic/replies: 10,889 | Blogger: dlarssonf's blog
Ranger you reckon he was going to win 15 majors last year

when did I say that? perhaps you'd like to call up the post. I believe if you find the post it will state that I said a friend of mine thought he would win 15 majors. big difference.

personally I think he's good enough to win a few but like everyone else around now, he'll be doing extremely well to get anywhere near double figures in terms of majors won in his career.
Report xmoneyx February 4, 2018 10:03 PM GMT
imploded
Report Facts February 4, 2018 10:23 PM GMT
Yep. Another one. JT yesterday. JR today. More often than not he's so one dimensional. Brute force , no finesse.
Report charwell. February 5, 2018 2:43 AM GMT
Rahm isn't one dimensional. Far from it; has an amazing all round game.

However, I think he is starting to look like the proverbial choker. Some of his yardages today were frankly miles off. His temper is getting worse with each tournament and he starts chasing his mistakes and compounds them with another.

Looks like a sure fire back to lay proposition in the future.
Report dlarssonf February 5, 2018 11:09 AM GMT
Amazing ??? It's like the sky hype team now you have us believe there is nothing like him.  He is a talented but much more so than what we have seen the last few years?? The jury is out on him for me still
Report lewisham ranger February 5, 2018 5:27 PM GMT
you're a hard man to please dlarssonf.

as for the rahm being a choker thing, clearly he's still maturing. he's up there every week so should mature quicker than most.

when he finally gets it right, he'll be an awesome prospect. arguably he already is.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 February 5, 2018 6:15 PM GMT
Think its a bit early to be overly critical of Rahm.

He has played in 45 professional events 5 those were as an amateur. He is ranked number 2 in the world a phenomenal achievement.Last year he had 19 top tens in 26 events.

He clearly lets his temper get the better of him but that didn't stop John McEnroe reaching the peak in tennis. Personally I find his passion refreshing. Yes he needs to channel his anger and learn to control his emotions better.

He certainly isn't one dimensional when winning three weeks ago his long game wasn't great and his short game saved him. Last week he fell away at the weekend but had only got in contention due to his scrambling.

Scottsdale is a fantastic course for tournament golf with so much risk reward on the back nine - lots of water. If you are chasing and forcing the issue it is inevitable there will be some mistakes as the margins are so fine.
Report lewisham ranger February 5, 2018 7:49 PM GMT
well said mighty.

actually if you look at rahm he might be uniquely placed to dominate the game over the next few years; if anyone is to dominate.

spieth has his problems off the tee; mcilroy the opposite but often struggles with the putter. dj awesome on his day but getting a bit long in the tooth to be dominating for many more years. Day has had his back problems; fowler struggles to close out and thomas can be very up and down with his results.

rahm has no real weaknesses in his game unlike some others at the top. he's an amazing putter, his irons are laser-like and he's incredibly long off the tee, which I think is crucial as the modern game is becoming increasingly about power.
Report zafonic1515 February 5, 2018 10:19 PM GMT
Rahm is a sensational player. Will be number 1 soon for me.
No chinks barring temperament. Maybe patience.
Rise been quick and steep though so can see why at times is tough.
Surely he learns.

From another angle I think his behaviour is unfair on playing partners. Thrashing about moaning and swearing etc.

Certainly think it would be off putting to play with him mid meltdown.

Maybe ask Fowler, who incidentally is was a disgrace last night, threw the towel in. Do well to observe Phil. A true legend, gutting it out to end.
Report lewisham ranger February 5, 2018 11:03 PM GMT
his reactions are so extreme that does anyone think it might be roid rage? Scared
Report xmoneyx February 9, 2018 3:03 AM GMT
I hate his swing
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now