Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mr meagi
19 Jun 17 11:32
| Topic/replies: 510 | Blogger: mr meagi's blog
'Here I am again on my own' Whitesnake

The weather will be great at this place(more Child of Prague stuff from Erins Hills)

That means you can 'boldly go' early on all markets IMHO.

I am picking off Bubba at anything near 40's here on BF....I say he should be fav and will probably start at 28's More to follow.
Get stuck in Lads and Lassie.....to be gorrah!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View 'Travelers Early-Bird'
Show More
Report mr meagi June 19, 2017 11:48 AM BST
Bubba Watson 37.80 €20.00  €736.00

'That's enough of the spuds for me' Wink
Report mr meagi June 19, 2017 11:54 AM BST
Bubba is 33/1(BS) for The Masters 2018??Confused
Report mr meagi June 19, 2017 2:22 PM BST
2:00 pm Monday and still 'nobody up'.......(It must be very difficult for bookies to do maths without a secondary school education).Joking lads, most of you did the first year.LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Anyway, during this 'cherry-picking' transfer season it is time to start 'making jam' for those long winter nights. More importantly my Yaris insurance comes up in May and I usually pay for it with a 'Premiership Cashout'.....as you do. Last year it was Chelsea in a fiver double with Stricker at 13/2. Happy Days!

Told you, I've been busy , Arsenal 14/1 €20 e/w (1/3 EW 1-2) Cost 40 Potential Return €413.33

Unusual return and just enough to take the sting out of my annual 'love letter' from Lloyds.Laugh

Lovely Jubbley and all that but...would a bookie kindly, take their finger out of their.....holster, and give us some prices to chew on.Please!
Report mr meagi June 19, 2017 2:39 PM BST
I'm sitting on the dock of the bay here and all that............wastin timeSad
''I left my home in Erins Hills,
Headed down Cromwell way
Cause I've had nothing to live for
And look like nothin's gonna come my way''

Liquidity on BF, everyone was 11's for 2 euro, and now everyone is 12's for 28 quid....I am trying to stop my hand taking the 12's on Richie Werenski, before someone else gets it.LaughLaughLaugh
Report mr meagi June 19, 2017 3:33 PM BST
'Streams of Unconsciousness'

I started this thread full of optimistic 'naivity'.......expecting action from 'the layers'. I have had time to do housework and I am now contemplating a game of Trivial Pursuit. Everyone is now 12's for 100 on BF. Feeling Dizzy!

Here's a quiz question .....What is a 'neap' tide?

Answer.'a tide just after the first or third quarters of the moon when there is least difference between high and low water.'

You might think that the indifference shown by the bookies here was 'a lull' after last weeks'seal cull' but in actuality it is more sinister than that. They don't give a 'flying f......pokemon' about golf in general. Let me digress further.......Oscar Wilde  with regard to 'fox hunting' .ie ...'the unspeakable in pursuit of the un-eatable'.

That is how the golf punter is perceived, ie more trouble than they are worth and only a 'food source' at the river crossings that  'The Majors' provide.

This week you are expected to march in orderly fashion, to your own execution with your top hat and your 'wad' on an under priced O'Brien hotpot at Ascot. Tally Ho!Angry
Report mr meagi June 19, 2017 4:47 PM BST
'Top a da mornin, to ya, Paddy' (5:00pm)Mischief

Sure wouldn't it be churlish not to say 'Hello'! Here's a couple of bob for ya!(€2 e/w)

Travelers Championship Outright Betting
22nd of June 2017 12:00 pm
1/5 places 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Van Aswegen, Tyrone @ 200/1

I see Bubba at 30/1, my bet is that that shortens before Thursday.....at least the thing is started.
Report mr meagi June 19, 2017 5:08 PM BST
'365' Bubba 40/1 1/4 5 places........not my scene but great value if you can get it!
Report mr meagi June 19, 2017 6:20 PM BST
BF golf outright markets today have been 'lamentable'Sad

''It's like watching a woman with piles sitting down on a hard chair''

The young ones filtering in the artificial liquidity from PP into BF, appear to be restricted in their movements by fear of making a mistake.

What should be done is to get an old head to 'shout out' prices and roll from there.

What actually happened was that they started 'dribbling' in money from the bottom and kept waiting for a bite.

The process is still going on as they cautiously lengthen those about whom they are unsure. All these guys are now 100. Why not just fill the thing up with the averages from the Bookies and let the tail wag the dog proper. Boring!

The original concept of BF was .....an exchange...but there appears to be a lack of competitive/cash on the lay side.
The original concept of the internet was ....freedom...but........I digress again. Apologies.Blush
Report CaptainDarling June 19, 2017 7:05 PM BST
Lucas Glover much improved from recent seasons,not the best record at the Travellers,but has hit a 66 round this track a few seasons ago.100/1 could run into a place.
Report mr meagi June 19, 2017 7:37 PM BST
'365' are now Bubba 35/1......You know it!Wink
Report mr meagi June 21, 2017 11:15 AM BST
They cannot 'give away' Day or McIlroy here and that is what is driving other prices down. This tide might turn soon.

Follow this 'inverted golf logic'...

Knox wins Travelers,
Bubba wins Travelers,
Bubba wins Masters,
McIlroy  should have won Masters
Knox should have won Irish Open
McIlroy won Irish Open

These three 'playing styles appear to be 'joined at the hip'......DeductionConfused

McIlroy could win this and his 10/1 is 'as good as it gets' for his loyal supporters. I still remember his last shot in the Irish Open last year, imperious, and his last 5 holes on Sunday were of that ilk.

You could make the same inverted logic deduction about Sergio over in Germany..A win double for those brave enough to take it. Good Luck to All! I will be selling Bubba at 30's tomorrow morning as I am oversubscribed to the 'pink ball' already!Scared
Report mr meagi June 21, 2017 2:01 PM BST

Jun 19, 2017 -- 5:08PM, mr meagi wrote:

'365' Bubba 40/1 1/4 5 places........not my scene but great value if you can get it!

'365' now Bubba at 30/1Wink

Report mr meagi June 21, 2017 6:29 PM BST
The bookies 'cleaned up' at Ascot again today! There is something weird happening in the Travelers marketConfused

'Shed Loads' and I mean 'Shed Loads' of money being channeled into both Snedeker and Leisman as we speak.

I guess that this is the Ascot factor with the increased circulation of the Racing Post and all googling for some easy cash on articles like this

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/golf/putting-ace-snedeker-can-take-river-highlands-prize/289946

They are hammering the Barn Rat in Germany for the same reason......... a race to the precipice, regardless of value.
The guys who couldn't be bothered reading are going with the Fav, as they do.....ie Spieth....It is weird to behold!Confused

Not 'a rex' for Day/McIlroy or Thomas...this is like watching Shaun of the Dead.
Report mr meagi June 21, 2017 6:37 PM BST
Who started the forest fire on the Hoff, 2nd  in 2012(a long time ago)and hardly value at 33's despite a low tournament average of 68.19. Who is responsible for that?Confused
Report mr meagi June 21, 2017 7:25 PM BST
I have monitored this market for 3 days now....it was an interesting exercise for me..you should try it. I will not be doing it next week as 'life is too short'....A few final observations

The clue is in the title=Delete=Delaet....at 50/1.....good luck with that.
The newest latest 'fashion craze' this week.........Trey Mullinax......100/1.......good luck here too.
And finally, friendless Day.........at 14/1 (biggest drifter of the Week)

I will probably keep my Bubba stash and sell it all at 5's....either way,I am not giving it away cheap.
Good Luck to allGrin

Bye!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now