Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SPOT THE DOG
15 Mar 17 21:53
| Topic/replies: 4,156 | Blogger: SPOT THE DOG's blog
Played in 2x3 balls £2 f9 £2 b9 £1 overall, and £1 for birdies, said player (15hcp nearly 16) got 21pts on front 9 with 3 birdies, then he says to me walking to the back 9 that will do for me, then proceeded to get 10 pts on the back 9, as it was a roll up comp, his hcp will go out 0.1
Could this be the the biggest blight to the game? What can be done?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Protecting your handicap
Show More
Report SPOT THE DOG March 16, 2017 11:31 AM GMT
none of you have any opinion?
Report sewter lives again March 16, 2017 1:37 PM GMT
have a quiet chat with the handicap secretary
Report sewter lives again March 16, 2017 1:48 PM GMT
especially if your club hasn't done their annual review
Report crystalhunt March 16, 2017 6:21 PM GMT
Spot - 21pts in the winter isn't the worst I've seen but it's still annoying. Was he pissing about on the back nine.
Report SPOT THE DOG March 16, 2017 6:59 PM GMT
crystalhunt yes it's the second time he has done it in our 3 ball, deliberately going into bunkers, missing 4ft putts a foot to the left or right.
He picked up a pot of £25 for his front 9 score, and knows the cards go in, so chucked the back 9
Report trebor March 16, 2017 7:20 PM GMT
Well he is just a cheat, but the format of the comp at your club is encouraging it, I wouldn't have a bigger 9 hole prize than the 18 hole prize, rather than 2 2 1, go 1 1 3 or something.
Report crystalhunt March 16, 2017 7:20 PM GMT
You can get knocked on observation but not if it's preferred lies etc - hopefully they catch up with him soon.
Report JML March 17, 2017 3:44 PM GMT
What you describe is cheating pure and simple.

I've never heard of a nine hole prize before.
Report SPOT THE DOG March 18, 2017 12:40 PM GMT
Trebor
JML
No it's a 18 hole roll up, winner on the day takes ALL
6 of us play 2-2-1 as a extra wager.
Report SPOT THE DOG March 18, 2017 12:40 PM GMT
Trebor
JML
No it's a 18 hole roll up, winner on the day takes ALL
6 of us play 2-2-1 as a extra wager.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 March 18, 2017 1:52 PM GMT
Usually these types are well known at a club and its up to the handicap secretary to take effective action. They should be considering winter form, pairs results, matchplays in addition to handicap qualifiers.
Report JML March 19, 2017 11:42 AM GMT
If 6 play for extra £2 each,how did he pick up £25?
Report trebor March 19, 2017 2:34 PM GMT
5x £2 wins and 3 birdies worth £5 each, and his £2 front nine returned for £27, net £25
Report sewter lives again March 19, 2017 3:32 PM GMT
JML is right he is cheating and blatantly so if prepared to admit it to you-he would be told so to his face at many clubs

of course one thing you can do is not to play with him-when he asks why just tell him.....simple really
Report SPOT THE DOG April 4, 2017 8:46 PM BST
I have been away for 5 days, i'm now told, he has now won the singles KO
Report charwell. April 4, 2017 8:54 PM BST
Offer to get the coffees in pre round and pour some fast acting laxative in his and giggle merrily as he bends over on a putt on the 5th green and sh1ts himself.

Failing that, don't bet when he steps up onto the tee again and let him know in no uncertain terms he is a cheat. Speak to the club secretary as well and deface the competition board KO sheet with the words 'cheating ****' next to his name.

Finally, back him at the annual Dinner Cup tote no matter who he draws as a partner!
Report SPOT THE DOG May 18, 2017 9:19 PM BST
He posted 35pts weds hoping not to get cut, but cut 0.3 taking him back to 15, just befor a big comp next monday.
I would love to have seen his face when the result was put up. HA HA HA HA
Report SPOT THE DOG May 22, 2017 8:48 PM BST
Being cut 0.3 didn't stop him, he came in with 41 pts today and won the Comp. yes it was money for first prize.
Now cut 0.9 to 14.4 after one game he will be back out to 15 there is no justice in this game.
He is a Serial Bandit.
Report sewter lives again May 23, 2017 11:20 AM BST
Spot the dog if you really want to do something about it then the relevant paragraphs can be found on page 23 of the Congu manual.

Basically the player has to try and achieve the best score on every hole he plays in qualifying competitions if he doesn't then he is not entitled to have a handicap.
Report SPOT THE DOG May 23, 2017 8:53 PM BST
sewter lives again
thank you for the info
Report sewter lives again May 23, 2017 9:08 PM BST
here is the relevant paragraph from "Responsibilities of the Player"

The Unified Handicapping System (UHS) is based on the premise that a player will endeavour to make the best score he can
at each hole in every qualifying round he plays and will report all such rounds for handicap
purposes. Any player who fails to carry out any of the responsibilities imposed by the UHS is not entitled to a
CONGU® Handicap
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now