Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
therhino
13 Feb 17 20:38
| Topic/replies: 16,974 | Blogger: therhino's blog
Can't wait for this. Best course on tour outside of the majors and the best field teeing it up I can remember here. Even without Tiger playing his association with the event has definitely had an effect. Should be an epic week.
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 10 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 364
By:
Total Bosman
When: 13 Feb 17 23:35
A beast of a field.  Possibly the Tiger factor, but also the fact the top end of the game is so stacked, and they all want to play all the time, every PGA Tour event this year so far has had big names lining up to play.  No wonder the Euro tour feels it has to introduce weird novelty stuff to compete.  Looking forward to a week of proper golf without z-list celebs or boozed up college kids taking up the coverage.
By:
therhino
When: 14 Feb 17 07:26
You're a bit rough on the Phoenix Open TB.
By:
Off the toe
When: 14 Feb 17 08:01
Reed
Horshel
Rodgers

Goodmluck
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 14 Feb 17 08:35
somewhat surprised to see spieth around about the 7/8-1 mark

my guess is if mcilroy or day had done what he did last week in demolishing the field, they'd be priced up around about 4/5-1

certainly hit enough fairways and greens at pebble beach to think that if carries that form over here he'll be hard to beat

also might include phil, hideki and ryan moore in the staking plan
By:
Total Bosman
When: 14 Feb 17 13:09
Rhino - I like Phoenix, it's an exciting course, but what I mean is that the coverage is hijacked by all the nonsense - how much time do we spend watching the 16th, a boring par 3, when the action's at the 17th, a risk / reward driveable par 4?  No such distractions this week, and one of the best holes they play all year to boot.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 14 Feb 17 13:19
Lewisham - I think really short priced favourites are a thing of the past (barring someone with incredible course + current form) because the strength in depth of PGA tour fields is the highest it's ever been.  Yeah, Spieth is favourite after last week, but then you look at DJ"s course form, and Matsuyama's start to the season and it's hard to make them too far behind.  Then you've got other in form golfers like Serge or JT, plus the fact this course throws up the odd James Hahn / John Merrick.  Taking a look at the field as a whole it's hard to make Spieth (or anyone) much shorter.
By:
donny osmond
When: 14 Feb 17 13:24
just about my fav course. I still have feeling  its a little
less about course management than it was around here now.

the way the course used to play i'd want hideki all week

now i just might enjoy watching
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 15 Feb 17 15:53
Couldn't agree more rhino. My fav event outside of the Majors this.

Had a good study and my four against the field are:

Hideki Matsuyama at 10/1 (Main bet)
DJ at 17/2
Sergio at 25/1
Harris English at 125/1

All have very good course form which I think is key around here, and some good recent form to boot.

A couple of other bets I like:

Top Canadian - Graham DeLaet at 3/1
Top Saffer - Charl Schwartzel at 11/8

Good luck.
By:
sickoflayinwinners
When: 16 Feb 17 15:07
I'm overmuch going to avoid most outright markets in future (damned near impossible to land a winner)i think maybe  72 match bets and a few 3 balls may be a better way forward, obviously  unless you back 8 or 10 (poss more) you can go forever without getting an outright winner or very very short priced lay in running.nio doubt there are people on here who do well backing in the o/r market but irrelevant of how much time you put in i think its too random to play in.trying a small 3 ball double of charles howell and tony final.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 16 Feb 17 15:40
Looks like this is going to be a proper slog weather-wise.  Tomorrow could be a write-off so don't rule out Monday.
By:
padlock
When: 16 Feb 17 16:51
Ffs not more 6 hour rounds also
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 16 Feb 17 23:54
very likely to see a flip flop at the world number one position this weekend.

jason day struggling as usual on this course, dustybin going along very nicely and hideki on the bridle as well.

could we see the first Japanese world number one?
By:
DAN1974
When: 18 Feb 17 18:55
whats going on with this now, is it going into Monday ?
By:
Total Bosman
When: 18 Feb 17 19:32
Going to be borderline, really depends on pace of play.  If no more delays they can start R3 for an hour or so tonight, then play 3&4 without repairing, but it'll still be close.  Might have an hour or two on Monday.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 18 Feb 17 22:45
dj crushing.

looks the best player in the world at the moment. The second shot he played on the 17th was ridiculous
By:
bigH
When: 19 Feb 17 10:01
yes that was just an incredible shot

even took the commentators by surprise
By:
dsmith10
When: 19 Feb 17 12:34
Pat Perez @ 10/1 looks like a good bet to me
By:
padlock
When: 19 Feb 17 12:49
Only halfway ,lets see if Dustbin can keep it going,laying him here now too short imo
By:
everton1978
When: 19 Feb 17 15:29
Anyone know when the coverage starts on sky? Tia
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 19 Feb 17 15:55
6 pm

day 4 over

and about to lose his world number one spot? Scared
By:
everton1978
When: 19 Feb 17 16:20
Thanks. I'm glad Day is losing the 1 spot. Can be torture watching him play. Takes an absolute age to chat,visualise, address etc etc.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 19 Feb 17 16:33
he's not called all day for nothing! Laugh

fuming about this tournament as was very close to backing johnson and overthought it Cry
By:
everton1978
When: 19 Feb 17 16:54
I did back him but for reasons unknown laid off and put it on Speith instead. Absolute mug
By:
Sudoku_Junior
When: 19 Feb 17 17:08
When does this finish?
By:
bigH
When: 19 Feb 17 19:51
just laid DJ @ 1.17  19 holes to go with a 4 shot lead

granted he is playing well but they are talking about him like he is the best player ever

DJ's wheels come off regularly and quickly usual for no reason

cheap lay at 1.17
By:
Total Bosman
When: 19 Feb 17 19:54
Looks like he's in complete control, would love a DJ meltdown for old time's sake but think those days might be behind him.  Another Sunday stroll I reckon.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 19 Feb 17 20:01
Not even DJ of old could blow this one now.
By:
Biffo2010
When: 19 Feb 17 20:07
How many is he in front , is there a 4th round to come or only 3 rounds been played
By:
donny osmond
When: 19 Feb 17 20:07
there are quite a few capable of playing like the best player ever these days

some of the scoring is exceptional, sadly there seems to be a fair few runaways
By:
therhino
When: 19 Feb 17 20:22
The right guy will be number 1 at the end of the tourney, will be DJs 4th win since Day last had a win. On another level at the moment, will be an interesting to see how long he can stay there.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 19 Feb 17 20:39
surprised DJ not outright fav for the masters.

you compare the way he's hit the ball over the last few months and then compare it with Spieth and it's like night and day. DJ gone to a new level. He's also rolling in bombs every now and again and rather like Spieth, even the ones he misses look like going in or just miss.

Ok fair enough Spieth should be a reasonably short price given his record at augusta but I would make it something like 6-1 DJ, 8-1 Spieth 2nd fav.
By:
FRANKIETHETORY
When: 19 Feb 17 20:59
Need Grace to place for £2400. Couple of bogeys at the end of round three and not capitalised on the early holes in round four. Was 2nd at one point earlier too.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Feb 18 22:38
SET YOUR TIMERS for the TIGER WATCH Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Feb 18 22:47
A 25/1 shot on here

Dustin Johnson
Rory McIlroy
Jordan Spieth
Bubba Watson
Adam Scott
By:
mr meagi
When: 11 Feb 18 23:00
Bubba/Howell/Ollie/Bae/Laird
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Feb 18 23:04
Thomas, Fleetwood, Leishman and Noren also feature in the field.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Feb 18 23:12
Nicknamed 'Hogan's Alley' and described as a 'tinkers' course ! Thomas Pieters likes it here Wink

Will be interesting to watch the private jets depart Monterey for KLAX

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/airport/KMRY/departures
Devil
By:
mr meagi
When: 11 Feb 18 23:16
Add in Wesley and Mcgirt and you have half the field to play with....good luck to all!Cool
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Feb 18 23:20
Kevin Na was 4th last year & Kokrak 2nd in 2016
Page 1 of 10  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 10 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now