Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
1st time poster
13 Feb 17 13:22
| Topic/replies: 14,496 | Blogger: 1st time poster's blog
whats the format in this anyone no
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View world super 6
Show More
Report El Bandido February 13, 2017 1:26 PM GMT
http://www.worldsuper6perth.com/information/event-format/

Event Format

How does the World Super 6 Perth format work?

The World Super 6 Perth will combine 54 holes of traditional stroke play across the first three days, with an exciting six-hole knockout match play format for the fourth and final round.

A standard cut to the leading 65 professionals and ties will be implemented after the second round (36 holes).

The field will be further reduced with a second cut being made after the third round (54 holes) to the leading 24 players who will battle it out over six-hole matches until one man is left standing.

If after the third round there are any ties for the 24th position, the players to advance will be determined by a sudden death playoff after the conclusion of the third round. The playoff hole is yet to be determined.

The top-8 players after the third round (54 holes) will be rewarded with automatic seeding into the second match play round.

If there are ties for the top-8 positions they will be decided by a score count back based on the last 18, 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes.

In the Knockout round, any matches not decided after the six hole match play will be decided by playing the new ‘Shootout hole’.

A purpose built 90-metre hole will be constructed at Lake Karrinyup with a new tee placed adjacent to the 18th fairway and utilising the 18th green.

The Shootout hole will be played out once and if players remain tied, they will return to the new tee and continue to play from this tee until a winner is determined by stroke play. This person, will then progress to the next round of the Knockout or, in the case of the final match, win the tournament.
Report donny osmond February 13, 2017 5:27 PM GMT
simples Sad
Report El Bandido February 13, 2017 6:03 PM GMT
They used this format for the Surf Coast Knockout on the Australian Tour in January 2011. That time it was top 32 progressing to the knockout stage on the Sunday, but otherwise it was basically the same.

Can't say I like this hybrid format. I'm sure it will be exciting on the Sunday, but Saturday could be pretty dull.
Report scarlet February 13, 2017 7:45 PM GMT
So qualifiers 9-24 play off to meet qualifiers 1-8
So the winner could play 30+ holes in the day
Staying type required
Report frames February 14, 2017 9:15 AM GMT
Only a matter of time before we have a windmill hole on the Euro tour .Pirates Cove I think DML used to call it.
Report padlock February 14, 2017 9:41 AM GMT
Happy Gilmore fav nextweek
Report donny osmond February 14, 2017 2:08 PM GMT
they were talking about this on radio but they had it as a pairs event ?

or is that another event ?, ...they called it sixes
Report 1st time poster February 14, 2017 2:46 PM GMT
WHATS the 6 holes they play the knockout matches over,are they 1 to 6,then winners hang around and meert each other over holes 7 to 12 etc,
or is it a redraw after each knockout match,could be carnage and confusion with some winning 4 up on the 4th and others needing extra holes,with only 2 standout players on form cant see the seeding for knockout games meaning much
Report El Bandido February 14, 2017 3:06 PM GMT
http://www.worldsuper6perth.com/information/faqs/

What 6 holes of Lake Karrinyup Country Club will be used for the match play?

1st par-4
2nd par-4
8th par-3
11th par-5
12th par 3
18th par 4
Report El Bandido February 14, 2017 3:09 PM GMT
donny - they must have talking about the GolfSixes event scheduled for 6 May in England.
Report donny osmond February 14, 2017 3:49 PM GMT
that must be it eb

cheers

another new format to try to work out
Report Total Bosman February 14, 2017 11:38 PM GMT
The Sixes event in England could actually be quite fun, I reckon, this thing though is complete nonsense.  If they're so confident it's an exciting new idea why have 54 holes of strokeplay first?
Report frames February 15, 2017 12:07 PM GMT
Can just see someone looking at the leaderboard during day 3 ,Fred blogs 6 clear and 10/1 ,I'll have that all the way down to 4's.Should be 6/4 in my book.What am I missing after the bets been struck ?
Report lewisham ranger February 15, 2017 12:53 PM GMT
obviously you have to think it's quite a random format but couldn't resist Louis Oost at 10s

if he can make the knockout then he'll have a good shout as finished 2nd in the world matchplay to Day, and noone of that standard to worry about here.
Report STUDYFORM February 18, 2017 8:19 AM GMT
I'm a bit peed off. Having not checked the (silly) format and had a bet on Mr Rumford - As I type 3 shots clear nearing the end of R3 - I now discover he might just as well been in 7th place for all the difference it makes.
Instead of being about 1.8 or less at this point he's still 6.2
SadCry
Report STUDYFORM February 18, 2017 8:21 AM GMT
Make that 5 shots clear with 1 hole to play Cry
Report lewisham ranger February 18, 2017 9:04 AM GMT
yeah and the guy who wins by five in the normal event never wins in this sort of scenario, it's sods law

i actually think this tournament has worked quite well, even though it would still be better off as a once in a moon thing rather than overtaking regular stroke play events.

almost everyone in the play-off mugging off the 18th
Report lewisham ranger February 18, 2017 9:17 AM GMT
4 man play off for one spot and this is like mug city

shows how tough it is when pressure comes into play.
Report par February 18, 2017 9:21 AM GMT
Smith a proper mug
Report par February 18, 2017 9:34 AM GMT
and Fox even worse
Report sewter lives again February 18, 2017 7:37 PM GMT
the 18th held an absolute choke fest today with the various contenders for the 24 spots coming to the last hole

as par said one of my picks Ryan Fox was shocking
Report padlock February 18, 2017 9:04 PM GMT
Walofs format tbh,Rumford 5 clear means nothing then,wtf ,dont think this will catch on much..
Report donny osmond February 18, 2017 11:06 PM GMT
3 rd round leader market surely the way to
go if betting on this in future

then have a go once last 24 is known , if you must.
Report Hank Hill February 19, 2017 12:43 AM GMT
I think this format could be ok given some tweaking. Being 3rd rd leader is not compensated enough merely by getting a bye with the other 7 of the top 8. I think 3rd rd leader should be given automatic entry in to semi final. My idea may not work, i haven't thought through the logistics totally tbh, but I fail to see how being 3rd rd leader can get same reward as player in 8th.
Report Hank Hill February 19, 2017 12:49 AM GMT
The 3 I backed donny all ended up on the same side of the draw Cry
Report donny osmond February 19, 2017 1:46 AM GMT
not good hank

system having problems with rumford half way through round 2 whilst playoffs
continue in round one
Report padlock February 19, 2017 4:24 AM GMT
Bizarre format,complete lottery
Report STUDYFORM February 19, 2017 5:07 AM GMT
Looks messy, is random, silly pitch and putt playoff system, TV coverage all over the place, R3 game finished before R2.
Overall..... crap.
Report padlock February 19, 2017 5:18 AM GMT
Shooter v gilmore a/s
Report STUDYFORM February 19, 2017 5:34 AM GMT
All that's been done here is an unnecessary playoff has been created at the end of a golf tournament, where there probably wouldn't been one. Which only really affects the poor sod who would have won in normal time.
Report padlock February 19, 2017 6:25 AM GMT
F oosty cant putt
Report lewisham ranger February 19, 2017 6:32 AM GMT
oost infuriating, what a bottler.

all he had to do was two putt that penultimate hole in regulation.

Cry
Report padlock February 19, 2017 6:34 AM GMT
Yes a real braindead 1st putt, and missed a 5 footer for a win
Report padlock February 19, 2017 7:30 AM GMT
Thats 3 times now ball has hit that buggy on that par 5 long right of green and stopped ball,wtf dont they move it away,bizarre setup
Report padlock February 19, 2017 7:49 AM GMT
Oz commentators ,mute
Report bigH February 19, 2017 9:39 AM GMT
happy now Studyform??? :):)

was up most of the the night as both kids vomiting

actually enjoyed the coverage I saw

the overall format not the best but the 6 hole matchplay certainly added a lot - huge pressure on every shot, chokes aplenty
Report padlock February 19, 2017 12:50 PM GMT
Golf forum R.I.P
Report STUDYFORM February 19, 2017 5:18 PM GMT
Justice, BigH. Happy
Sorry about your kids.

I can't say I found it as exciting as you, despite the bet!
There would have been no staying awake to watch it without the interest.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 8, 2018 1:17 PM GMT
https://www.worldsuper6perth.com/information/event-format/

ISPS Handa @ISPSGolf

As things stand after a thrilling R1:
-8 Rumford
-6 @WestwoodLee
-6 @JamesNitties23
-5 @ScrivJ
-5 @SebastienGros8
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 8, 2018 1:23 PM GMT
LEADERBOARD

https://www.pga.org.au/tourns/pga-tour/event/leaderboard?season=2018&tour=pga&id=1094
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 8, 2018 1:38 PM GMT
Olesen Peterson Fox Lipsky & Kodaira...ok mateDevil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 8, 2018 2:07 PM GMT
In 2018 there will not be matches to determine positions 5th - 8th, so losing 1/4 finalists share 5th place.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 11, 2018 1:42 AM GMT
SO FAR...

1 Leaney, Stephen 1UP THRU 4 Pavan, Andrea
2 Aphibarnrat, Kiradech 1UP THRU 4 Eccles, Ben
3 Chang, Yikeun beat Lombard, Zander 3&2
4 Fraser, Marcus AS THRU 5 Saksansin, Poom
5 Nitties, James beat Cullen, Nick 1st SH
6 O'Reilly, Callan beat Tangkamolprasert, Pavit 2&1
7 Millar, Matthew beat Forrest, Grant 1UP
8 Woo Lee, Min beat Kodaira, Satoshi 3&/1
Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 11, 2018 1:53 AM GMT
RD 2 in progress with OLESEN, Prom Meesawat & Horsfield still in the mix
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 11, 2018 12:44 PM GMT
Kiradech Aphibarnrat claimed a 2-and-1 victory over James Nitties with a sensational eagle-birdie finish. The World Super 6 Perth title down-under at Lake Karrinyup CC in Perth goes to the BURLY Thai.

The 'Rat' played no less than 93 holes (the 18th 15 times!). He played at pace and thrived on repeatedly being faced by holes he couldn't afford to lose. He required a four hole play-off after 54 holes just to get to Sunday, beat Ben Eccles in the first round (1 hole), needed 11 holes in round two to get past Yusaku Miyazato (5th Super Hole), his quarter-final went to the last hole before he overhauled Sean Crocker and even his semi-final was extended as he defeated Lucas Herbert (1st Super Hole).
Thanks for all your contributions on the thread especially from the [i]local
rhino Tongue Out
In the final Kiradech made bogey at No. 1 and failed to get up-and-down at the second to lie 1-down. But a safe par when Nitties was in trouble at the third got him back in it, he sensed weakness in his opponent and pressed. Aphibarnrat drove the 330-yard par-4 fourth and drained the 6'0" putt to go 1-up then made birdie-2 at the fifth from 10'0" and punched the air in celebration: no need to play 18 yet again ![/i]
Thanks again Crazy

Note I previously mentioned Kiradech Aphibarnrat as the 2013 Maybank Malaysian Open winner in Kuala Lumpur G&CC. Kiradech (backed him at @ 50/1 in Malaysia), the 2013 winner as a 23yo - big guy with a big reputation on this course - third in 2010 and third in CIMB Classic in 2013. That win was against the likes of Edoardo Molinari, Victor Dubuisson (nb), Charl Schwartzel & Pablo Larrazabal. Aphibarnrat was T45 in Abu Dhabi and T38 in Qatar on his previous two starts.

Nicknamed ‘Asia’s John Daly’ for his burly frame and go-for-broke style of play, he won his age group at the Junior World Golf Championships in 2003 and 2004 - and not to be confused with the other Thai with a burly physique, Prom Meesawat - The ‘Big Dolphin’.

Aphibarnrat said: “Special thanks to my caddie, he was always pushing me. When we were two behind on the last two holes he said you have not lost, we have not signed the scorecard yet and he was completely right and I just got the job done. I had a chance to win in 72 holes but the putt in the play-off is the best putt I have ever made in my life.”
The 25 year old has had a tough time since winning in Malaysia, adding: “I've been struggling for a year. I lost my coach (Natpasit Chokthanasart, who died in December 2013), changed my equipment. It's a big changing time after I won. It's been like that for a while. I haven't been at the top of the leaderboard but finally I had the chance to do it. It was tough to stay there.”
CM iyc Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now