Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Over2.5
06 Feb 17 13:13
| Topic/replies: 14,245 | Blogger: Over2.5's blog
Just opened up the market for the first time. wont be long coming around again. anyone see any value? backed hideki the last few years and he let me down so cant back him at 10/1. think young fowler could be primed very soon. also think sneds offers some value. dont like any at the top of the market
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Us masters 2017.. very early thoughts ??
Show More
Report sickoflayinwinners March 29, 2017 4:05 PM BST
slybet  1/4  8 places is very fair offer, ok not hugely competitive prices but some are ok .thought 100 woodland ok  150 kaymer 125 rafa , 100 walker, 100 hadwin  and 40   garcia  all worth small ew interests.
Report sickoflayinwinners March 29, 2017 4:07 PM BST
very nearly added the consistent na at 200 as well , may throw few pennies on him yet
Report BigField March 29, 2017 4:48 PM BST
Ye had to back Na at that price with top 8 on offer, didn't intend on backing him but value is everything n all that.
Report sickoflayinwinners March 29, 2017 4:55 PM BST
consider him added, just a 5ver ew 200s, place would more than cover my total stakes for the event , only laid out 125.
Report BigField March 29, 2017 5:11 PM BST
ye im planning on betting between £100 and £150, think Justin Rose 28/1 e/w skybet is good value too, torn between who to back bigger him or Casey - will depend on what price I can get Casey att.
Agree Kaymer 150 is a big price too, not played badly recently at all. Seen worse bets than Westwood 66/1 e/w as well he has a good record here recently
Report BigField March 29, 2017 5:14 PM BST
Oosthuizen 55/1 skybet is also worth playing in my eyes
Report BigField March 29, 2017 5:15 PM BST
e/w of course
Report sickoflayinwinners March 29, 2017 5:18 PM BST
in truth  whilst i know he's a class player he's not really shone enough lately to be  so close to the front end of the market in my eyes
Report sickoflayinwinners March 29, 2017 5:38 PM BST
considering a  few pennies ew on mcgirt 300s
Report BigField March 29, 2017 5:41 PM BST
I see your point, do prefer casey & rose to the south african
Report BigField March 29, 2017 5:42 PM BST
local pub's owned by an Irishman who loves to gamble so going to have a lock in on the sunday night......cannot wait as I've booked the Monday off work :)
Report sickoflayinwinners March 29, 2017 5:43 PM BST
added mcgirt and now charlie hoffman @150, thats it now for my team  , undoubtedly murdered 150 quid but hey you never know
Report sickoflayinwinners March 29, 2017 5:45 PM BST
good luck, lets hope we both at least get a run for our loot and hopefully show a profit
Report kincsem March 29, 2017 6:07 PM BST
I just looked at the Masters market of that fun-loving Irish bookies.
They have a 150.25% book, or in other words their prices are about 2/3 of the prices here.
Report BigField March 29, 2017 6:11 PM BST
indeed mate good luck too let's hope it's an exciting one (financially too of course)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 29, 2017 6:48 PM BST
a lock in on the sunday night Last putt drops well before 11pm.....or you expecting a Monday finish Devil
Report sewter lives again March 29, 2017 9:30 PM BST
betsky going 1/4 8 places
Report Can't Catch Me March 29, 2017 10:02 PM BST
Yeah but won't lay more than £6.25 ew on anyone Cry
Report mr meagi March 29, 2017 10:31 PM BST
mize,lyle, immelman,weir, o meara,woosnam, etc(11 at least cannot win even if Bagger Vance is their caddie, Let's eliminate 24 more who's parents are first cousins, (if you get my drift) That leaves 60 real competitors in my view, 8 places in that if all were equal would be 8/1.  That means that any guy worth his salt at 35/1+ is potentially great value. Back outsiders at mad prices that are out of sync on oddschecker, ie pp is only joint biggest on Bello and Grillo. The sky offer is going to lead to rapid and irrecoverable price shortening on 'longshots' and i would suggest getting into the mad prices on Betfair because that is where the engame will be, start with Ryan Moore. Good hunting, its a bait ball
Report bigH March 29, 2017 11:00 PM BST
horses for courses

Bubba 50/1
Report lewisham ranger March 30, 2017 12:38 AM BST
too many wishy washy bets.

surprised DJ not more popular here, 7.2 and won his last three tournaments looking like a machine

what more evidence do people want?
Report kincsem March 30, 2017 9:22 AM BST
Wind forecast of 15 mph next Thursday and Friday might roll the dice.
Report frames March 30, 2017 10:12 AM BST
No rain today where I live was last nights forecast ,hosed down all morning so far.Punting on forecasts a week ahead ,good luck with that.
Report lewisham ranger March 30, 2017 11:14 PM BST
rose looking very good with augusta just around the corner. big tournament player. seems to me that his price is too generous; the mega talented rahm is shorter in the betting but looks fatigued, has little major experience whereas rose already has a major in the bag and a runners up spot in the masters as well.
Report sewter lives again March 31, 2017 9:33 AM BST
my team so far

DJ 15/2
Rose 28s
Hadwin e/w @ 100s
Cabrera e/w 300s

some talented debs this year and not sure what to do about JR, Tommy and Tyrrell-think all 3 will be a force but maybe not this year
Report Can't Catch Me March 31, 2017 11:06 AM BST
When will all the other markets be going up? Not usually this late is it?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 31, 2017 3:34 PM BST
Some hot players with that monkey "without a Major"

Paddy Reed this Ryder Cup star has zero career top 10s in Majors.
Snedeker at 36 with a pair of T-3s in Majors has eight majors and eight top 10s.
Fowler had four top-five finishes in Majors in 2014.
Sergio four career runner-ups in Majors...one of the best players ever to not win a Major.
Justin Thomas' best major finish in six starts is a T-18 at the 2015 PGA Championship but don't expect that to be the case for long.
Grace with four top-five finishes in those four events over the past two seasons with his closest call coming at the 2015 US Open.
Noren had four European Tour titles from July-November 2016 and will make his first Masters start.
Matsuyama at 25, already has top 10s in all four majors and when it comes to winning a big one, it's not a question of if, but how many...then again, everyone would have said the same thing about a 19-year-old Sergio Garcia.
Brooks Koepka, Bill Haas, Tyrrell Hatton, Paul Casey and Thomas Pieters worth a mention too.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 31, 2017 3:41 PM BST
Fitzpatrick at 22, finished T-7 in his Masters debut in 2016 has time on his side to get that monkey off his back.
Report sewter lives again March 31, 2017 5:50 PM BST
added Na e/w 200s and a bit more on Cabrera e/w 300s
Report therhino March 31, 2017 10:22 PM BST
Value still left in Rickie's price, keeps playing well this weekend and will comfortably slot in to 4th place in betting ahead of Day and Matsy.
Report xmoneyx April 1, 2017 12:26 AM BST
rickie had a mare finish today - being kind
Report therhino April 1, 2017 1:29 AM BST
Still playing well x, and those in the second tier aren't doing a whole lot at the minute. Plays well over the weekend and still should slot in.
Report houseofpain April 1, 2017 1:44 AM BST
only really watch the majors, how have speith and day been playing the last month..
Report xmoneyx April 1, 2017 1:52 AM BST
speith hot & cold

day - mother dying of cancer  + injury worries
Report therhino April 1, 2017 2:00 AM BST
Tiger has pulled out.
Report therhino April 1, 2017 2:01 AM BST
Of the Masters that is...
Report houseofpain April 1, 2017 2:06 AM BST

Apr 1, 2017 -- 1:52AM, xmoneyx wrote:

speith hot & coldday - mother dying of cancer  + injury worries

cheers, looks like oostuizen and bubba for me again for an interest.

Report xmoneyx April 1, 2017 2:12 AM BST
By DOUG FERGUSON, AP Golf Writer

Tiger Woods won't play in the Masters for the third time in the last four years, announcing Friday night on his website that rehabilitation on his back didn't allow him enough time to prepare.

"I did about everything I could to play, but my back rehabilitation didn't allow me the time to get tournament ready," Woods said on his website. Sad
Report xmoneyx April 1, 2017 2:19 AM BST
must be hellish for woods,has the skills, but back problems could mean early retirement
Report lewisham ranger April 1, 2017 9:20 AM BST
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/spieth-we-strike-fear-othe...
Report sickoflayinwinners April 1, 2017 12:01 PM BST
added  d berger  at 90s ew 8 places
Report lewisham ranger April 1, 2017 12:46 PM BST
do people back these with a view to laying them off in running or do you run them through to the end?

and what happens if you back one and they miss the cut, or they do badly, do you go in again? do you chase?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 1, 2017 5:41 PM BST
Tributes pour in as Tiger Woods Announces "Retirement From Professional Golf" following emotional Augusta visit.

http://www.golfcentraldaily.com/2015/03/tributes-pour-in-as-tiger-woods.html
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 1, 2017 5:55 PM BST
Tiger Woods Announces "Retirement From Professional Golf

STILL IN SHOCK
Report frames April 1, 2017 6:11 PM BST
I'm glad ,don't want to watch the greatest player of all time hack it around.
Report theserbian April 1, 2017 7:48 PM BST
DUSTIN JOHNSON WILL WIN THE MASTERS.
Report therhino April 1, 2017 9:23 PM BST

Apr 1, 2017 -- 12:46PM, lewisham ranger wrote:

do people back these with a view to laying them off in running or do you run them through to the end?and what happens if you back one and they miss the cut, or they do badly, do you go in again? do you chase?

Back them with a view of laying off before the start Ranger. Only way to play imo.

Report lewisham ranger April 1, 2017 9:35 PM BST
but that seems to me more about understanding price movements... the sport becomes irrelevant, you are just trading, no?
Report jedi sophie April 1, 2017 9:49 PM BST
Its an Exchange!!Not a Bookmakers!
Report therhino April 1, 2017 9:57 PM BST
Yes Ranger, just trading. Understanding the sport is kind of important with predicting price movements so hardly irrelevant.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 1, 2017 10:55 PM BST
http://www.augusta.com/
Report lewisham ranger April 2, 2017 9:53 AM BST
theserbian
01 Apr 17 19:48
Joined: 27 Sep 11 | Topic/replies: 340 | Blogger: theserbian's blog
DUSTIN JOHNSON WILL WIN THE MASTERS.

I can name one player at least with the talent level to stop him- Rory Mcilroy.
Report theserbian April 2, 2017 10:09 AM BST
Totally agree lewisham,he his very talented,proven major winner,but at the moment everything doesn't seem to be clicking for him,when you come to Augusta you need to be bringing your A game and confidence in every aspect of that game,DJ fits that criteria perfectly,I hope to be collecting 4k+next Sunday,as I am 100% confident in him winning it and winning dare I say comfortably,my opinion only.
Report lewisham ranger April 2, 2017 10:17 AM BST
the reason I mention mcilroy is because he has been going under the radar of late whereas he has come to other masters in the past with more pressure and I feel crumbled because of that

whereas here you feel that dj and spieth under the most pressure

also people say that mcilroy isn't at his peak, but you look at some of his last tournaments and I'm not sure about that

in mexico the first two rounds he was holing shots from the fairway and in general looking like vintage mcilroy

also you only have to go back to the fedex final where dj blew up and mcilroy showed major winning form to win it, same sort of thing, holing shots from the fairway, to see the same scenario unfolding here

just an opinion of course. I'm convinced mcilroy will win a major this year even if he doesn't win the masters. someone has already backed him for the grand slam on here.

this is why I'd be wary of lumping on DJ- was also pointed out that his shot shape doesn't particularly suit this tournament, as his stock shot off the tee is to draw the ball
Report lewisham ranger April 2, 2017 10:18 AM BST
sorry I should say his stock shot is to FADE the ball, not draw it

draw shot ideal for masters apparently (or be a lefty)
Report theserbian April 2, 2017 10:39 AM BST
DJ when on top of his game adapts to any course,and mentally is getting stronger and stronger the more he wins,his last two appearances 6th and 4th at Augusta when he was not in the kind of form he's in now prove that point,I don't buy that,fade/draw argument,if you're good enough you win on any grass.time will tell.but I'm very very confident.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 April 2, 2017 11:08 AM BST
Jack Nicklaus' fade didnt cause him too many problems around Augusta
Report johnnythebull April 2, 2017 11:19 AM BST
his opponents 'fading' didn't inconvenience him any either
Report jedi sophie April 2, 2017 2:54 PM BST
SO LR-Seems very much like to me YOU are on the front THREE in the market? Certainly at one point or another talked up the Top Three for a win Yes?

Fascinating stuff!

Hope you dont get splinters mate!Wink
Report Platini April 2, 2017 3:05 PM BST
therhino

"Tiger has pulled out"

"of the Masters that is"

Laugh
Report jedi sophie April 2, 2017 3:09 PM BST
Missed that one!ROTFL!Laugh
Report lewisham ranger April 2, 2017 3:15 PM BST
Fascinating stuff!

Hope you dont get splinters mate!

It's true, I'm going out on a bit of a limb here. I should really prefer your trick of waiting until halfway through and then claiming to have backed the leader

works everytime Wink
Report jedi sophie April 2, 2017 3:23 PM BST
LOL, First bet on Masters over SIX months ago mate!!

Keep Fishing!

Incidentally not sure if youve missed it but your point is fairly inconsequential as the trophy is presented after four days not two. Hope that helps!Should look up the stats on halfway leaders for you but i cant be arsed.Not great i wouldnt think,especially in the Masters!

Or is that another MO of the Ranger?

Lump on the halfway leader...PMSL!
Report lewisham ranger April 2, 2017 3:45 PM BST
Jedi, I noticed you've got a bee in your bonnet about me ever since I exposed your rampant aftertiming. You haven't been on the normal threads recently to try your normal ruse "Annoyed Sung Kang/Rickie Fowler (insert whichever golfer happens to be leading)aren't further clearCry

It's ok mate, I understand you're annoyed that I've disrupted your only hobby in life Wink
Report jedi sophie April 2, 2017 5:40 PM BST
Mildly amusing,No more.....That when i bet Fowler at bigger price than you fella? and posted my bet?LOLLaughLaughLaugh
Report lewisham ranger April 2, 2017 5:47 PM BST
what you didn't also demonstrate was how you backed half the field as well Wink

also can you tell us who you've backed for the masters, throw us a bone, please? just give us a clue so we can hope to emulate your greatness? Happy

I know this isn't a tipping site but would be great to know your thoughts pre-event for once Excited
Report jedi sophie April 2, 2017 5:53 PM BST
Your in danger of overrunning the Golf Forum entirely mate,yet your more interested in other peoples bets than your own! A tad strange that is!

Backed half the field?? A strange suggestion LR!

Ive bet one of the BIG THREE mate there you go...Cant see a way to backing ALL THREE like yourself but suppose they could all be going down the last in a magnificent 3ball.
Report sickoflayinwinners April 2, 2017 9:49 PM BST
added  noren 90s and swafford 200s also  ew 8 places,final team for me is  those two + garcia kaymer mcgirt, berger  hoffman , na, hadwin caber belo,, walker, . so a team of ten  from 40/1to 300/1 and stakes  carrying from 20 ew down to just a 5ver ew, all ew 1/4 odd 8 places.anyone in the8 places will show me a small profit with a view  retrieve my 200 stakes in running if someone trades  shortish. good luck all.not gonna lay out another coin.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 2, 2017 10:42 PM BST
Johnson arrives as the man to beat, with two World Golf Championships added to his spring collection along with a win at Riviera. He now has five victories since last summer’s breakthrough first major at the U.S. Open.

Spieth, seven holes from back-to-back Green Jackets a year ago, encounters Amen Corner again trying to set aside some significant scar tissue. Until then, no one had led the Masters in seven consecutive rounds.

McIlroy, who tasted his own back-nine woes in 2011, tries again to complete a career Grand Slam. He would become just the sixth in history to accomplish that feat.

Jason Day’s status remains up in the air as he awaits the latest news on his mom’s lung cancer. The Aussie withdrew just six holes into the WGC Dell Technologies Match Play, preferring to be at his mom’s side before surgery. His mother Dening had been diagnosed with lung cancer. Unless Dening's situation changes, it look like Day will make his seventh Masters appearance. It remains to be seen how focused he can be, but at least the news of his mother is positive.
Report oddduck April 2, 2017 10:59 PM BST
Speculative positions on Lahiri, Cabrera, Grillo & Z Johnson. Looking forward to Sunday and hopefully some decent lays.
Report lewisham ranger April 2, 2017 11:32 PM BST
http://www.golfdigest.com/story/who-can-and-who-cant-win-the-masters-and-why

brilliant piece. best exposition I've read about what it's like to play the masters.
Report xmoneyx April 3, 2017 12:41 PM BST
steve palmer ALL IN DJ
Report therhino April 3, 2017 1:03 PM BST
Got the week long dedicated Masters channel on. 1987 film on right now. Seriously, Larry Mize can go feck himself Angry Still painful to watch 30 years later Cry Can't believe I'm 30 years older ShockedScared
Report therhino April 3, 2017 1:46 PM BST
So they finish the 87 film and go straight into 96 Cry
Report xmoneyx April 3, 2017 6:22 PM BST
is rory still carrying rib injury
Report kincsem April 4, 2017 9:45 AM BST
Not a good week so far
One year old "best built car in the world" went into limp mode on the motorway and is in the car hospital for a few weeks, needs a new EGR (exhaust gas value).
The following day I fired two bullets in the Irish Poker Open and missed badly.
The broadband was down for five days so I couldn't advise the forum.

But Hudson Swafford, what a player, €74 at 724.
Strong winds forecast on Thursday and Friday might blow the US Masters apart.
I advise you to back a player who can hit the ball 300 yards into a 20 mph wind, and has the touch of a neurosurgeon on and around the greens. Laugh
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2017 10:07 AM BST
weds looks horrid

plenty players won't get proper practice time
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2017 10:09 AM BST
sat/sun perfect conditions WhoopsExcited
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2017 10:10 AM BST
http://www.myweather2.com/Golf-Courses/United-States-Of-America/Georgia/Augu...
Report kincsem April 4, 2017 10:15 AM BST
The only value remaining, and I've just invested 59 at 360s is Jhonattan Vegas
http://www.johnnyvegas.co.uk/wp-content/themes/vegas/assets/jv-home-opt.png
Report sickoflayinwinners April 4, 2017 10:19 AM BST
was determined to add no more players to my ten man team but have had to add bill has ew 100/1 with slybet. no more , no more, well maybeWink
Report sickoflayinwinners April 4, 2017 10:24 AM BST
well just this one for a 5ver ew at 200s, beong hun-an, thats it now defininately!!!!!!
Report therhino April 4, 2017 10:33 AM BST
I advise you to back a player who can hit the ball 300 yards into a 20 mph wind, and has the touch of a neurosurgeon on and around the greens

= Cabrera. Done.
Report therhino April 4, 2017 10:34 AM BST
News reporting in Oz that the Ponce is on fire in practise.
Report sickoflayinwinners April 4, 2017 10:44 AM BST
missed all the fancy p[rices about angel and scotts price doesn't thrill me.and please don't get me backing anymore players. 12 is too many already
Report toberaheena April 4, 2017 10:47 AM BST
Kewboard..stuck..se..bear..with...me..

Shane.will.be.hoping.for.wind.and.he.has.his.pitch.and.putt.slillset.from.Tulla.mmore.to.chip.and.put...around..greens.Just.hopes.he.stays.out.of.the..-fishing..areas.

Rahm..has..to..be...landed..with..a.few.quid.A.rare.talent

Dustin..if..the.wind..is...one.directional...and.Varner.only.because.Ihopehe.will.a.tour.comp.soon...and...will..not..miss.it

Sadly..my.pocket''says'''lay.Jason..Been..there..with...mine..Jason...not..a..nice...time..for...anybody.
Report sickoflayinwinners April 4, 2017 10:53 AM BST
rahm whilst obviously having a squeak looks the most under priced guy  in at the front end of the market to me. shane not been thing but could never put anyone off a100/1 + chance.i sort of see the varner thing though. ill won't be backing him
Report sickoflayinwinners April 4, 2017 10:56 AM BST
added  grillo ew  125/1 with slybet , that really is it now. no more!!!!!!!
Report therhino April 4, 2017 10:58 AM BST
wrong Argentine Devil
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2017 12:26 PM BST
WH  5/1 DJ

what a pish-take
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2017 12:53 PM BST
Andy Sullivan jumped  260 to 450 ?
Report sewter lives again April 4, 2017 1:11 PM BST
I'm really hoping you are right rhino as have already done Cabrera e/w at 300s mostly for the place part as 75/1 for 8 places is huge imo
Report sickoflayinwinners April 4, 2017 1:15 PM BST
added casey win only at 50s, deffo no more now!!!!
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2017 2:03 PM BST
TEE TIMES

5PM UK Cool
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2017 2:31 PM BST
DJ on the range

driver carry 316 yds Crazy
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2017 2:32 PM BST
ave Cool
Report sickoflayinwinners April 4, 2017 9:18 PM BST
added kisner ew 100s, deffo no more
Report BIG CAT LEON LETT April 4, 2017 10:18 PM BST
Matsuyama worth a tenner at 24's if you can afford to lose it.
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2017 10:56 PM BST
Jay Coffin‏ @JayCoffinGC
Rory McIlroy has played 99 holes at Augusta National in the last 2 weeks. Feels more than ready to get after it

Crazy
Report jedi sophie April 16, 2017 11:45 AM BST
Remarkable! Just having flick through the threads i tend to try and contribute to,and found this Loonball Lewisham Ranger Knifing ,e again on an aftertiming thread!! Absolutely incredible how SAD some people on here really are!

So interested in my betting patterns seems to have forgot he bets with his own money.

Been on this Forum for years n years n years, Golf,Footy,Horses NFL and never encountered such an odious individual! With such a high opinion of himself,anywhere on here!

Utterly embarrassing,Sure i read he was ****g off because people were bullying him for his thoughts,utter nonsense clearly! Yet here he is sloping off to another thread and popping away merrily at me!

How Sad!

An anonymous forum basically, yet impossible to conclude anything other than the lad is a sad little stalking keyboard warrior,all that is wrong with this forum! Which has been and still can be excellent for advice and a frank exchange of views!

Steer clear chaps!

HE IS STILL HERE even though suggested on Masters thread hed be gone!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now