Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FRANKIETHETORY
08 Nov 16 23:28
| Topic/replies: 333 | Blogger: FRANKIETHETORY's blog
Don't think there's a particularly strong bias for any style or stat here. Recent winners have variable skill sets. I'm going for four I can see coming onto a game and/or are relatively consistent.

S Woo Kim 40/1
C Howell III 66/1 NAP
J Lovemark 90/1
S Levin 175/1
Share |
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 9, 2016 5:54 PM GMT
FWIW

Graham DeLaet out of this week's OHL Classic at Mayakoba (alternate Jonathan Randolph) AND Grayson Murray has withdrawn due to a back injury.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 10, 2016 2:02 AM GMT
FIRST OFF THE TEE at 12am tomorrow (5 hours behind) - Chez Reavie, Brett Stegmaier & Mark Hubbard.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 10, 2016 2:05 AM GMT
5 fwiw

12.50 Si Woo Kim 
17.30 Marc Leishman
17.50 Jason Bohn
18.00 Keegan Bradley
18.20 Harris English
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 10, 2016 3:50 PM GMT
THE OHL CLASSIC at Mayakoba made golf history in '07 when it became the first PGA TOUR event to ever be contested outside of the US and Canada. Today, it remains México’s only PGA TOUR event and is regarded as one of the finest by professionals and spectators, alike. The sixth (of seven) tournaments this season prior to taking a seven-week break for the hols. Must have been a hectic few weeks travel wise for some - from Napa to Kuala Lumpur to Mississippi to Shanghai to Vegas, Nevada and now down the México way.

Defending Champ Graeme McDowell (67-63-70-66-266) won his first PGA Tour event in over two years by defeating Russell Knox and Jason Bohn in a Monday playoff at The Shark designed El Camaleón Golf Club last year - a 5-iron that grazed the edge of the cup on the 18th hole and settled 3 feet away for a birdie to win.

Good to see 61yo Greg Norman play the Pro-Am yesterday.

Partly sunny at 29° and pleasant for the week on Mexico's Riviera Maya,  hugging the white sands of Mexico's Caribbean coast. Cancun International Airport is just 35 miles away.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/mx/cancun/235049/daily-weather-forecast/235049?day=4

Donald John Trump will be the 45th president of the United States.....Jack Nicklaus tweeted "Congratulations to the 45th President of the United States, @realdonaldtrump! All of us in the Nicklaus family are very happy for you and your family. We now look forward to you doing all that is necessary to bring our country back together again, and make America great again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/politics/donald-trump-debt.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Don’t think we’ll ever see the liquidity of that ‘Next President’ Market come Sunday Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 10, 2016 7:26 PM GMT
Si-Woo Kim became the youngest player to ever earn a PGA Tour card when he qualified at 2012 Q-School as a 17-year-old but was not eligible to join, according to PGA Tour rules, until he turned 18. He played in eight events after his 18th birthday that year and missed a cut in seven and withdrew from the eighth.

Fast forward to 2015, where he won his first Web.com Tour event being the second-youngest winner in Web.com Tour history, after Jason Day. KIM finished 2015 in tenth place in the Web.com Tour money list to earn a place on the PGA Tour for 2016. Back in July Si Woo lost in a playoff to Aaron Baddeley at the Barbasol Championship but then 4 weeks later at age 21 he became the youngest winner of the 2015-16 season when he won the Wyndham Championship (since Seve Ballesteros won in 1978 at age 20). Kim’s second-round 60 set a tournament scoring record.  He was also the youngest PGA Tour winner since Jordan Spieth won the 2013 John Deere Classic at age 19. With his victory at Sedgefield CC, in GREENSBORO, N.C, Kim is exempt through the 2017-18 season and will make his first start in the Masters next spring.

He made his CIMB debut at TPC Kuala Lumpur with rounds of 6-under par 66’s on Friday and Sunday. The South Korean should consider this T10 a successful CIMB debut - Malaysia badge tag next year. Emiliano Grillo topped OWGR #53 Si Woo Kim (and Smylie Kaufman) for PGA Tour Rookie of the Year 2016.

KIM only got through 10 holes today (as I write) during Rd1. before withdrawing due to a back injury (MY AR5E). Si-Woo kicked off his day with a birdie at the par-4 first but things turned for the worst at the par-5 fifth when an errant tee shot forced him to take a drop, leading to a bogey. He followed that up with two more bogeys before righting the ship with a birdie at the eighth. After a bogey at the par-3 10th and another penalty off the tee at the par-4 11th he called it quits. A trio of three-putts didn't help, marking his 45th career PGA TOUR start to go in the book as his second mid-tournament WD ffs. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 10, 2016 7:39 PM GMT
AUSSIE Greg Chalmers 250/1 withdraws also citing a back injury. Last year's Barracuda Champion opened with a bogey before posting 3 pars BUT from there it was water twice - his tee shot at the par-5th and then immediately with his approach shot, following the drop. Goes in the book as only his fourth mid-tournament WD in 395 career starts.
RHINO, Greg might have been on the radar after last weeks hero.
Report Total Bosman November 11, 2016 1:48 PM GMT
The Wise ace-eagle yesterday was pretty rare, and Leishman's just gone eagle - ace.
Report Woodchip November 11, 2016 2:52 PM GMT
The eight hole must be the easiest par 3 i have ever seen.
Report FRANKIETHETORY November 11, 2016 8:17 PM GMT
Sarah Stirk tonight OOOOHLALALA!! Lovely.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 12, 2016 11:20 AM GMT
Betting for later...

DAY 3        MOVING DAY                   
    15:10        Stewart Cink (13/10)        Oscar Fraustro (9/4)        Jonathan Garrick (5/2)   
    15:20        Emiliano Grillo (26/19)        Danny Lee (12/5)        Hudson Swafford (5/2)   
    15:30        Chez Reavie (7/4)        Brian Stuard (21/10)        Cameron Tringale (9/4)   
    15:40        Jhonattan Vegas (6/4)        Aaron Wise (7/4)        Cameron Davis (11/4)   
    15:50        Jon Rahm (11/8)        Anirban Lahiri (2/1)        Scott Brown (3/1)   
    16:00        Martin Laird (7/5)        Xander Schauffele (9/4)        Camilo Villegas (12/5)   
    16:10        Marc Leishman (7/5)        Jason Bohn (2/1)        Tyrone Van Aswegen (11/4)   
    16:20        Cody Gribble (7/4)        Pat Perez (7/4)        Seamus Power (11/4)   
    16:30        Luke List (11/8)        Nick Taylor (2/1)        Carlos Ortiz (14/5)   
    16:40        Charles Howell (5/4)        Ben Crane (9/4)        Steve Marino (3/1)   
    16:50        Russell Knox (5/6)        Adam Hadwin (9/4)        Abraham Ancer (9/2)   
    17:00        Chris Kirk (6/4)        John Huh (2/1)        Ben Martin (5/2)   
    17:10        Scott Piercy (17/10)        Gary Woodland (15/8)        Webb Simpson (2/1)   
Report Mighty Whites 2008 November 13, 2016 2:13 PM GMT
set for a sunday shootout
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2017 3:59 PM GMT
IT'S BACK OVER THE WALL - El Camaleón Golf Club,Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo down México way again this year - AFTER ONE YEAR of POTUS "Let's Make America Great Again", TRUMPonomics & TRUMP-Twitter.....Hurry up and build that WALL ffs.

World #162 Graeme McDowell @40/1 enjoyed a bogey-free 5-under-par 33-33=66 in the final round of the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open to finish off his second appearance on 6-under 278, up 19 places to T10 and his first top 10 in 63 weeks. The 38-year-old had four top 25s last season in 17 starts but this is his first top 10 since T5 at the 2016 Wyndham. He finished 136th in the FedEx Cup standings but is exempt thru 2017-18 off his third TOUR win at the 2016 OHL Classic (playoff see above). This was the Ulsterman's second start of the season, arriving off T64 at the no-cut CJ CUP two weeks ago on a sponsor invite (73-73-77-77).
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2017 4:16 PM GMT
Mexico is also home to the Web.com Tour’s El Bosque Mexico Championship in Guanajuato.

http://www.golfchannel.com/tours/web-com-tour/2017/el-bosque-mexico-championship/

The 2017 event was won by Matt Atkins on -17 68,69,66,68 - 271
2 Sebastian Munoz -14
T3 Austin Cook -13
T3 Ted Potter Jr.
T3 Roger Sloan

#18 Matt Atkins Strokes Gained Rank: 24th Age: 26
South Carolina-Aiken product who calls Palmetto GC home. I would guess that means he is good friends with TOUR pros like Scott Brown and Kevin Kisner. The youngster finished 32nd on the money list in 2016 but improved 13 spots this season to earn his TOUR card. Was just 3-for-17 during his Web.com Tour rookie season but he's 26-for-48 since then. One of the younger grads, Atkins has some upside in long-term formats but he's a bit of a long shot to make a big impact in 2018.

#3 Austin Cook Strokes Gained Rank: 4th Age: 26
Posted five top 25s in seven PGA TOUR starts in 2015. That was definitely impressive but wasn't quite enough to secure Special Temporary Membership. Narrowly missed out on graduating from the Web last year, but made it easy this year (15th on the regular season money list). The Arkansas product brings a great mix of youth, performance, and PGA TOUR experience. Definitely, one to watch early and often when the 2017-18 PGA TOUR season kicks off.

#13 Ted Potter, Jr. Strokes Gained Rank: 3rd Age: 33
A winner at the 2012 Greenbrier Classic, Potter Jr. broke his ankle in July of 2014 when he slipped on a curb at his hotel. The lefty failed to keep his card when he returned on a medical extension in 2016. His form looks just fine on the Web.com Tour, though, going 27-for-35 with 21 top 25s over the past two years. He's lower down this list because at this stage of his career we know what he is. TPJ has missed the cut in 41 (of 75) career starts on the PGA TOUR, making him a boom-or-bust option with winning upside in weaker-field events.

#16 Bronson Burgoon Strokes Gained Rank: 16th Age: 30
Looked very promising in his 2016 rookie season on the PGA TOUR. He went 16-for-27 with seven top 25s to his credit. That fell just short of making the FedExCup Playoffs (131st, needed to finish inside the top 125 to retain his card). On top of that, an injury knocked him out and he wasn't able to return until July of 2017. From there, he was slow to shake off the rust but entered the Web.com Tour Championship with three top 25s in his last five starts, two of them doubling as top 10s. He is also right in the mix in the finale, as I type this. He's a born-and-raised Texan, so it might be worth waiting for the Texas Swing. His top three finishes on TOUR have all come on courses with bermuda grass greens. CHECK WITH HIS BACK INJURY FIRST.

#1 Abraham Ancer  Strokes Gained Rank: 2nd Age: 26
The University of Oklahoma product ranks second in strokes gained despite not finding the winner's circle. His season includes a trio of runner-up finishes and four other top 10s. The dual citizen of U.S. and Mexico also graduated from the Web.com Tour in 2015 but didn't find much success on the big stage. He was 6-for-19 with one top 25, but he appears to have used that experience to his advantage and will try to keep it rolling in the fall.  I think we could see him make some noise, early in the season.
Report lewisham ranger November 6, 2017 5:31 PM GMT
reed has gone well at this tournament before and I've seen worse 20-1 shots.
Report lewisham ranger November 6, 2017 5:34 PM GMT
sorry was getting this tournament mixed up with something else!
Report lewisham ranger November 9, 2017 4:08 PM GMT
slow down patton kizzire....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 9, 2017 11:21 PM GMT
Good start by Defending Champ PEREZ T11 & LAHIRI T11,  HOWELL T21,  KNOX T21 &  HADLEY T74 as KISSIRE  smacks a 9-under 62 Devil

...Gmac is T36 at -2 while 26yo Austin Arkansas COOK is T5 with a 66.
Report toberaheena November 11, 2017 5:13 PM GMT
I have laid Fowler €150 @ 4.59 leaving a potential cash out of just over €408 ie Losing €120ish. If Quincy or any of the mathematics guys are on, please advise.  How many rounds will they play. 3 or more. Just nee a pointer please.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 November 11, 2017 5:56 PM GMT
They try to get 72 holes in where possible. They still have to play about 2 and a half hours of round 2. If they get that done today they could do 36 tomorrow or alternatively go to Monday but the forecast doesnt look great for Monday
Report Total Bosman November 11, 2017 6:11 PM GMT
Yes, Monday is the problem.  It would be daft to be relying on getting a complete round in then.  With the daylight they have it's tough to squeeze 36 in tomorrow so depends if they can get into 3rd round tonight.  They don't like to do it but I'd say it's close to a point where the sensible course of action would be to complete round 2 today and play a final round tomorrow.
Report toberaheena November 11, 2017 6:36 PM GMT
Thanks guys. I tuned into PGA Tour Radio there for a while. There is no sign of   anything yet and 6pm has been and gone. The course is well soaked so there will not be  too much run out on drives and low irons. If there is no play today, it could happen that they will be uner pressure to gettime to cut greens. Im not certain they would have the machinery to cut all greens together. I think I will be brave for a while. The players still out there, the lads with holes to play on front nine will be in better shape than those that started round 2 at hole number 1. 3 difficult holes on back 9 and par 5's on front 9.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 November 12, 2017 11:51 AM GMT
Looks like they are going for 72 finish today. Going to be tight but with no delays they may get it in if they avoid any more delays
Report Total Bosman November 12, 2017 12:29 PM GMT
They've bought themselves a chance, looks like they could turn around the final group for about a 1pm start which would give them time to finish.  But there's a chance of storms late afternoon which would force them to Monday, and Monday looks pretty dreadful.  The danger is they get the 4th round started then get hit by weather and have to find a way to finish it, but looks like they are going to chance their luck.
Report toberaheena November 12, 2017 1:01 PM GMT
Charles Howell on a roll. And he has the experience not to blow up coming in the home stretch. And Ryan Moore is another who may make a sustained run with plenty experience to fall back on also. Wonder  what time we will get pictures.
Report Total Bosman November 12, 2017 1:19 PM GMT
3 shot scoring correction derailed CH3 quite quickly.  Hope no-one got overly burned.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 November 12, 2017 1:53 PM GMT
42 players within 5 shots could be a cracking finish
Report toberaheena November 12, 2017 5:29 PM GMT
No sign of a sustained attack from any more than 1 player. Fowler should burn his last front nine and saunter home from there. Howell is starting 3rd rd  ok but too far back. I cashed out there to give me €300 and lose 215. Will lay Northern  Ireland to win me €50 of the golf damage.

Just clear that the field here in Mexico looked poor. It is bar 1.
Report Total Bosman November 12, 2017 5:51 PM GMT
Rickie by far the class of the contenders but always hard to be fully confident in him.  He'll feel he should beat this lot but will that give him confidence or pile on the pressure?
Report par November 12, 2017 7:04 PM GMT
good Ole Rickie, that poll was right. Him and Poulter most over rated players in golf.
Report Total Bosman November 12, 2017 7:12 PM GMT
He might be the class of the field, but so often he shows us the gulf between being top 10 in the world and being top 3.  Can't compound your mistakes like that.
Report lewisham ranger November 12, 2017 9:09 PM GMT
here comes the kizzire choke.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 12, 2017 9:44 PM GMT
Abraham Ancer - the dual citizen of US, and Mexico where he grew up as a teenager - made a last charge for a T10.

Good Call FRANKIE on C Howell III 66/1 NAP
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 12, 2017 9:45 PM GMT
and on KIM too - both T3 Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 12, 2017 10:13 PM GMT
squeaky bum time For KIZZIRE
Report Total Bosman November 12, 2017 10:42 PM GMT
More questions about Rickie's killer instinct but an impressive final round from Kizzire.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 12, 2017 10:44 PM GMT
Two putts for PAT to WIN  - have 2, take 2 Devil
Report Hank Hill November 12, 2017 10:51 PM GMT
Can't fault Kizzire's putting in the final rd, especially with Fowler adding some pressure last few holes.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 12, 2017 10:57 PM GMT
KIZZIRE must have felt somewhat at home in the surroundings as he's part of the Sea Island mafia.

Others among the Sea Island residents: Davis Love and his son Dru, Jonathan Byrd, Harris English, Zach Johnson, Matt Kuchar and Hudson Swafford. Other players who don’t live there full-time but train at the Sea Island Performance Center: Stewart Cink, Lucas Glover, Brian Harman, Charles Howell III, Chris Kirk, Kyle Reifers and John Rollins.
Report Facts November 12, 2017 10:58 PM GMT
Fowler, one of the first players I rule out when creating a shortlist.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 12, 2017 11:03 PM GMT
(((( BAD COACHING ))))

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/929046006259257345
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now