Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brain dead jockeys
16 Sep 16 02:24
| Topic/replies: 4,369 | Blogger: brain dead jockeys's blog
hes coming back so we hear..............DJ, rory and day look exceptional players...............while they dont have tigers mental strength and of course will come no where near tiger's career, they have set a very good standard and i dont see tiger getting anywhere near these guys after all thats happened. he has been out for a long time now. his last win was 2013 and in 3 years he has made 18 starts.............thats basically no golf. there is no way back from here. he will never win on the PGA tour again and im sad that hes coming back. whats the point? it will be like B Borg coming back on the tennis tour.

please dont come back tiger. we know u like a punt so move to ireland and open up a betfair acct. post on here as tiger woods and let us all know what u think.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Predict the rest of Tigers Career
Show More
Report FatherMaguire September 16, 2016 8:43 AM BST
If Tom Watson can nearly win the Open aged 59, I'm not going to say the best golfer of our generation can't win again on the PGA tour - if he gets 6 months injury free I reckon he will win again, but that's by no means certain - he won't tarnish his career by coming back and failing - no-one that matters would forget how good he was
Report brain dead jockeys September 16, 2016 6:33 PM BST
tiger wont be able to caress the ball around the course like tom........his game was all agression
Report Mighty Whites 2008 September 16, 2016 10:07 PM BST
It all really depends on his health and fitness levels.

If he can make a successful long term recovery from his back ailments to the degree that he is able to practise and prepare properly then there is no reason why he can't compete and win events on the PGA tour and in majors but it is a big if.

Tiger is 41 in december so in theory has 5 - 10 year period left at the top level. This season alone at the Open 40 year old Stenson and 46 year old Mickleson produced one of the best days golf ever seen. 49 year old Steve Stricker not long back from surgery finished in the top 5. At the masters Lee Westwood was in contention on Sunday and at the US Open he played in the penultimate group.

Els, Cabrera, Mickleson, Stenson have all won majors recently in their 40s. Vijay and Steve Stricker played their best golf in their 40s. Jim Furyf recently shot 58 having recovered from a long term injury. In europe Jiminez played great into his late 40s.

Tiger's game wasn't all about aggression, he was a wonderful iron player and superb putter especially when it mattered. During his earlier career upto 08 and again in 2013 he was quite simply head and shoulders above the rest.

I don't buy the argument that the current crop are anything special and there is no dominant player none who cam remotely close to Tiger at his peak. Tiger showed in 2013 he is still more than a match for the rest with his dominant five win season - a year which included a number of run away wins and an absolute demolition of firestone.

He has suffered badly win injuries and no one knows what toll these have taken. It is 6 months now since we saw him swinging a club on his golf simulator so in theory he has had a sustained period of practice and play. I can't believe he is coming back if his game isn't in decent shape whether that transfers to the course is another matter. Don't forget in his last start he had the 36 hole lead and finished top 10.
Report brain dead jockeys September 16, 2016 11:39 PM BST
his short game was of course superb but i would like to inform you guys how he kept injuring himself...........EVERY PLAYER OUT THERE HAD INJURIES BUT U HAVE TO TAKE TIME OFF AND WHEN U COME BACK U HAVE TO HIT THE BALL A BIT EASIER AT FIRST........TIGER COULD NOT COPE WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SMASH IT........TIME AND TIME AGAIN AFTER THE FIRST BACK OP AND AFTER THE SECOND BACK OP HE PUT EVERYTHING INTO THE SWING and boy o boy that does not work with back injuries.......he always did his back in.........remember those times guys in 2014 & 2015 when he could barely pick his ball out of the hole.......thats cause he just wouldnt ease up and when he jerked it he should have been off the course...........but he just kept on playing......maybe he has had times to think about all of this and will relax and enjoy himself.........then he has a chance.........but can he go 20-30 events with making up the numbers?
Report JohnTerry September 17, 2016 7:09 PM BST
you are very clever
Report brain dead jockeys October 11, 2016 10:53 PM BST
faldo says at ryder cup tiger didnt look to be moving all that well.
Report ian merseyside October 12, 2016 2:20 AM BST
He hits at the ball far too hard which is probably how he got the back problems.  He can have a good 5 years if he listens to the advise of Butch Harmon but I doubt that he will swallow his pride.
Report Senyatta October 12, 2016 4:58 PM BST
harrington was at the same for a while wasn't he. swinging out of his boots. i'm guilty of it myself. surely he can't be losing too much distance if he takes it a bit easier? will be interesting to see how tiger does. hopefully no injury problems and if he gets his putter back maybe he can win another major who knows
Report kincsem October 12, 2016 7:14 PM BST
Does a Bruce Jenner --->Caitlyn Jenner and joins the women's tour.
Report donny osmond October 12, 2016 7:32 PM BST
tigress woods Shocked
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 12, 2016 9:41 PM BST
Seems a strange one Tiger's entry and then withdrawal. I don't get why he put out a statement saying he was planning a comeback if he was committed to play. Hard to imagine the shape of his game has changed much over the last month. The worrying possibility is it is injury related or a setback at least.

One begins to wonder not when we will see him back but if.
Report ian merseyside October 12, 2016 11:15 PM BST
I didn't realise he had withdrawn??
Report padlock October 13, 2016 5:17 AM BST
Yes said on monday his body is fine but his game is "vunerable" and not ready to play against best golfers
Due now to return in november
Report therhino October 13, 2016 7:51 AM BST
Committed proper on Friday. Pulled out Monday. Must've been a wild weekend, Amanda Dufner hit him with a 9 iron maybeConfusedShocked
Report sofiakenny October 14, 2016 8:45 AM BST
Bloody hell..she will be loose as hell after Dusty had been at her.Blush
Report xmoneyx October 14, 2016 3:58 PM BST
feart?
Report BobSievier October 14, 2016 5:23 PM BST
Needs to play , play and play some more , doesn't matter where , Europe , Japan whatever , only way to get tournament fit , practising in Florida won't cut it .
Report brain dead jockeys October 17, 2016 4:56 PM BST
he should retire........14mths out, its obvious this is serious.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2016 1:58 AM BST
RETIRE... and DO WHAT ?
Report trebor October 18, 2016 10:40 AM BST
RETIRE... and DO WHAT ?

Just about anything he wants I would think.

If anyone is unable to perform at a level they used to, either because of age or injury the game can lose it's appeal. He could well retire and concentrate his efforts into something else, like his course design?

Then on the other hand I can certainly see Tiger still winning tournaments for years to come, think he would love to have a go at competing with the 'new kids' which he has not had a real chance to do yet.

Whatever he does I am sure he will not want to do anything at just 90%
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2016 12:05 PM BST
RETIRE... and DO WHAT exactly ?

'course design?'... not much fun in that (and anyways other people do that for him)

'Predict the rest of Tigers Career' as the title says...

Think he should start his OWN TIGER GOLF TOUR (TGT) or expand Worldwide (easily done) the number of competitions where he already is Top Dog / Head Honcho !
Report Rueben October 18, 2016 3:27 PM BST
Laugh
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2016 4:02 PM BST
Rueben,

IT'S NOT a laughing matter.....HE TOOK MY ADVICE (see my other TGR thread) DevilDevilDevil
Report tobermory April 15, 2019 4:16 PM BST
Well I thought this was a good call tbh
Report saxon farm April 15, 2019 6:15 PM BST
2021 at St Andrews is his best next chance.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com