Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
09 Jul 15 13:10
| Topic/replies: 14,753 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
    13:02        Azahara Munoz (6/4)        In Gee Chun (2)        Lizette Salas (9/4)   
    13:02        Lydia Ko (7/4)        Stacy Lewis (7/4)        So Yeon Ryu (15/8)   
    13:13        Shanshan Feng (13/8)        Suzann Pettersen (13/8)        Karrie Webb (5/2)   
    18:25        Brooke Henderson (11/8)        Chella Choi (21/10)        Ilhee Lee (9/4)   
    18:25        Alison Lee (5/4)        Yani Tseng (2)        Beatriz Recari (9/4)   
    18:36        Ha Na Jang (6/4)        Angela Stanford (13/8)        Carlota Ciganda (11/4)   
    18:36        Lexi Thompson (13/8)        Cristie Kerr (7/4)        Na Yeon Choi (2)   
    18:47        Sandra Gal (11/8)        Julieta Granada (7/4)        Q Baek (23/10)   
    18:47        Anna Nordqvist (13/8)        Minjee Lee (15/8)        Sei Young Kim (15/8)   
    18:58        Inbee Park (6/5)        Hyo Joo Kim (15/8)        Brittany Lincicome (10/3)   

Inbee Park 6...backed her at 13/2.
Lydia Ko 10
Stacy Lewis 11
Hyo Joo Kim 12
So Yeon Ryu 14
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ((((( US - Womens - OPEN )))))
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 10, 2015 7:02 PM BST
Inbee Park 2 Oh well Devil
Stacy Lewis 6
Lydia Ko 8
Karrie Webb 8
Amy Yang 8
Report xmoneyx July 10, 2015 7:08 PM BST
any decent value catch?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 10, 2015 7:08 PM BST
Karrie Webb 14's with 365 is way too BIG Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 10, 2015 7:10 PM BST
Cool
Report xmoneyx July 10, 2015 7:24 PM BST
wie putting stance needs changing
Report xmoneyx July 10, 2015 7:32 PM BST
HE(a)

16 year old

tiger wants her mobile
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 11, 2015 11:22 PM BST
Looks like it's in the handbag for Amy Yang -8 with maybe Stacy Lewis -5 giving her something to think about tomorrow. My gal Park T5 at -2 after unusually not getting anything today.

Amy Yang 4/6
Stacy Lewis 5/2
Inbee Park 16
In Gee Chun 16
Michelle Wie 33
Report xmoneyx July 12, 2015 12:28 PM BST
poor price lewis
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 12, 2015 10:44 PM BST
PARK Top 4 place will have to do for the accums
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 12, 2015 10:46 PM BST
In Gee Chun LOOKING LIKE THE WINNER
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 12, 2015 10:54 PM BST
CHUN - Leading money winner on the KLPGA.

Nickname is 'DUMBO' - As a youngster, In Gee Chun was a math prodigy with a genius level IQ. She was also a golf prodigy, and in the end it was golf that won out over academics. Chun became a mainstay of the Korean national team as a teenager; where she was a contemporary of stars like Hyo Joo Kim, Kyu Jung Baek and Min Sun Kim.

Chun's most notable achievement in pro golf before 2013 was at the 2011 Hite Cup. So Yeon Ryu had the lead after two rounds, but a weird rules infraction threw her off her game, and Chun took advantage. She grabbed the third round lead and hung onto it most of the fourth day. But a late triple bogey did her in, allowing another KLPGA star, Ha Neul Kim, to take the Major title from the still amateur Chun.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 6, 2016 11:33 PM BST
ROLL ON...

The stage is set beautifully for the 71st U.S. Women’s Open from SAN MARTIN, Calif.
Lydia Ko 9/2 and Brooke Henderson 14/1 are ranked No. 1 and 2, respectively, in the Rolex Rankings – The top two players in the women’s game are coming in hot to CordeValle - with Lydia Ko winning in Arkansas two weeks ago off the strength of a 62, and Brooke Henderson triumphing for a second consecutive year in Portland, Ore., on Sunday. Lexi Thompson is next best at 18's with defending 'Dumbo' at 20's.

The dream teens are grouped together (22.03pm GMT along with Lexi) for the first two rounds at CordeValle, designed by award-winning architect Robert Trent Jones Jr. in a scenic spot about 30 minutes south of San Jose in sunny California. The opportunity is there for the LPGA to showcase its budding rivalry without the competition of the PGA Tour, which has an unplanned off-week with The Greenbrier Classic cancelled due to the severe flooding in West Virginia.

It may be too early to call Lydia Ko and Brooke Henderson rivals, but they're on the verge of launching the biggest thing in women's golf. Ko is making her fifth start in a U.S. Women’s Open with her tie for 12th last year was her best finish in the event. KO at 9/2 is firm fav with the books but if long driving is imperative for this US Women's Open then look no further than Brooke or Lexi, plus Sei Young 20's & Thai girl Ariya @22's. “I’m probably going to be first to hit for the second shots most of the time,” Ko readily acknowledged.

Ko became the youngest owner of a major championship title when she won the Evian Championship last fall at 18 years, 4 months and 20 days old. Henderson became the second youngest winner when she took the title at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship last month at 18 years, 9 months and 2 days old. If either wins the U.S. Women’s Open this week to keep the teenager sweep of this year’s majors going, she will be the youngest winner in the history of this championship.
Report differentdrum July 8, 2016 8:04 AM BST
Bookmakers laughing. They would have loved Henderson getting the better of Ko last time. This time she was all over the place and the three original market leaders have a mountain to climb. Another performance like yesterday and they may even struggle to qualify.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 8, 2016 2:27 PM BST
Just wade into AMY YANG
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 8, 2016 3:01 PM BST
Thai girl Ariya @16's is too good to pass up
Report GRANTCKING July 11, 2016 1:00 AM BST
absolutely insane way to lose a tournament, rookie mistake grounding ur club in a bunker, 2 shot pen is harsh, think 1 shot pen is more appropriate but it is what it is
Report ZenMaster July 11, 2016 1:15 AM BST
But they told both players out of shot sync.

If 2 players are involved in a play-off, you can't inform the punished player after she has played her 3rd shot, and then tell the other player before her 3rd shot.

It's wrong.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 11, 2017 10:44 PM BST
ROLL ON...

It’s going to be an interesting week for all the women competing for a piece of the $5 million purse, the largest in LPGA history.

The most prestigious women’s championship is taking place at a TRUMP property - Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, aka “the Summer White House.”
That Trump is planning his fourth visit to his golf club in New Jersey this weekend, arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday back to Washington, D.C., according to an FAA notice, will simply be a huge distraction for the competitors, the golf and the championship. Trump showing up this weekend will not bring “more eyes to women’s golf,” nor will it be “good exposure.” I’m sure the golf writers will do their best to focus on the actual golf and the best female golfers in the world, but it’s inevitable that there will also be political reporters, not to mention activists and protestors that are expected to make their opposition known. No matter who wins, the victor is likely to be overshadowed by Trump.

After all, Donald Trump is still Donald Trump — the man was never going to change just because he had been elected President of the United States. It’s always been clear that his motives in just about anything he does is to benefit and promote himself and the TRUMP brand. And if you think he would show up at the event and not make a big show of it, then look no further than what happened the last time one of his courses hosted a Major championship. Matt Cooper penned a brilliant account of Trump’s antics at the 2015 RICOH British Women’s Open at Turnberry. Combine that with the fact that he spends A LOT of time at Trump Bedminster — it’s about a 45-60 minute drive from Manhattan. He even has a townhouse on the property, and his eldest daughter Ivanka and her husband and White House adviser tasked with bringing world peace Jared Kushner have an identical, adjacent dwelling. This club is particularly special to him, and like all his real estate investments, it screams TRUMP — it’s like Versailles on steroids so we can surely expect some point of controversy over the weekend.

For most of this century, Trump has been cosying-up to the USGA attempting to persuade them to hold their championships at his properties. Oh, it’s also pertinent that the USGA headquarters in Far Hills, N.J., in only a few miles down the road. Trump Bedminster hosted the 2009 US Junior Amateur and Girls Junior championships. But the US Women’s Open is by far the most prominent event awarded to a Trump property.  Hopefully on Sunday, we’ll be talking about the champion and not the circus the President created or whatever other drama he decides to conjure up. Just be extra careful when speaking of KIM & KOREA !
Report xmoneyx July 16, 2017 8:54 PM BST
liquidity sooks
Report bigH July 16, 2017 10:20 PM BST
I have seen better golf in a tampon commercial

they play at a glacial speed
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 17, 2017 1:42 AM BST
Donald J. Trump‏@realDonaldTrump "Congratulations to Sung Hyun Park on winning the 2017 @USGA #USWomensOpen"
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 31, 2018 11:08 PM BST
ANOTHER Jack Nicklaus connection this week.....(coinciding with The Memorial Tournament on the PGA)

we have THE WOMEN's US OPEN been played at Shoal Creek Club - an invitation-only private golf club in the south eastern USA - in Shelby County, Alabama, southeast of Birmingham. Opened in 1977, carved from a forest, the course was designed by Jack Nicklaus.
Shoal Creek is rated as the top golf course in the state and is consistently listed as one of America's top courses, most recently being ranked #50 in Golf Digest.
A Par 72, 6,732yds with large quick, crowned, bentgrass greens protected by shallow bunkers - a 2nd shot / approach risk-reward course with generous tree-lined fairways with dogwoods, azaleas & a meandering creek there's a bit of an Augusta feel to it

LIKE In-Bee Park, Hye-Jin Choi, Brooke Henderson, Jin-Young Ko BUT Ai Suzuki to win Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 31, 2018 11:16 PM BST
It’s Hurricane Season and Hurricane Alberto has already left its mark with Tuesday’s Practice round cancelled due to weather.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 31, 2018 11:50 PM BST
FYI...

Up until 1990, Shoal Creek had no African-American members.
A firestorm began when club founder Hall Thompson commented that the club would not be pressured to accept African-American members, stating "this is our home, and we pick and choose who we want." These comments, made prior to the 1990 PGA Championship, made the tournament front-page news as civil rights groups such as the Southern Christian Leadership Conference threatened to protest the event and sponsors pulled advertising from the tournament.
The PGA considered moving the tournament away from Shoal Creek, but in the end reached a compromise with the club: local insurance executive Louis J. Willie was invited by the mayor of Birmingham to become an honorary member with full membership to come after the waiting-list period of any membership application. Willie was also the first black member of the Kiwanis Club of Birmingham, The Downtown Club and The Club, all civic and social clubs.

This incident forced everyone associated with golf – clubs, the PGA, and the USGA – to look at minority access in the sport. The PGA and USGA changed rules regarding course selection, requiring clubs that hosted events to meet inclusive membership requirements.

In 1994, four years after the 1990 incident, Willie remained the only black member of Shoal Creek. However, in October of that year, sensational young golfer Tiger Woods won the individual intercollegiate championship by two strokes and led Stanford to team victory in the Jerry Pate National Intercollegiate tournament held at Shoal Creek. At this time, Shoal Creek founder Hall Thompson said of Woods, "You're a great player, I'm proud of you. You're superb."

Shoal Creek did not host any major golf event until 2008, when the club hosted the US Junior Amateur. In regards to membership, Shoal Creek has welcomed African-Americans, two women, and Jews as members. In September 2009, Condoleezza Rice, the former US Secretary of State under President George W. Bush became a full member of Shoal Creek. To date, only two women have been allowed to join. Rice is originally from the Birmingham, Alabama area. In addition to joining Shoal Creek, Rice became a member of Greystone Golf and Country Club. On August 20, 2012, Rice was one of the first two women admitted to Augusta National Golf Club.
Report jedi sophie June 3, 2018 10:21 PM BST
Oh my word.....burned fingers here?ExcitedLaugh
Report jedi sophie June 3, 2018 10:21 PM BST
Very very short IR...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 4, 2018 2:27 AM BST
1 Jutanugarn, Ariya -11 67 70 67 73 277

2 Kim, Hyo-Joo -11 70 72 68 67 277

3 Ciganda, Carlota -7 73 68 71 69 281
4 Kang, Danielle -3 69 77 70 69 285

T5
Hsu, Wei-Ling
Smith, Sarah Jane
Tavatanakit, Patty (a)
Thompson, Lexi
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 4, 2018 2:30 AM BST
2-hole Aggregate Playoff.....
HOLE 14/18/14/18 PAR 4 4 4 4
Jutanugarn, Ariya 4  4  4  4 WINNER
Kim, Hyo-Joo 3  5  4  5
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now