Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rileyuma
11 Jul 18 18:21
| Topic/replies: 16 | Blogger: rileyuma's blog
had 200 pounds on giorgi to beat williams at 4/1
after the first set , odds were evens each of two
what would you have done ?
1 - let it ride
2 - back  200 pound on williams at evens (free bet)
3 - cash out 300 pound profit
4 - something else
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View what would you have done ??
Show More
Report Johnny The Guesser July 12, 2018 9:47 PM BST
Report PeteTheBloke July 13, 2018 6:45 PM BST
or...

5 aftertimed on here to show how clever I am
Report ericster July 14, 2018 5:17 PM BST
Cash out and green up.
Take the profit.
Always.
Report roadrunner46 July 16, 2018 7:39 PM BST
layed giorgi for £1000, £760 profit on williams win, better to trade the bet then to just it cash out
Report TheFear July 16, 2018 10:11 PM BST
what's the right answer? Decide if evens was value?  I think giving yourself a free bet is not a bad policy in general.
Report pumphol. July 16, 2018 11:43 PM BST
Everyone wants to win however surely rule number one is not to lose.
Report ericster July 17, 2018 7:44 AM BST

Jul 16, 2018 -- 7:39PM, roadrunner46 wrote:

layed giorgi for £1000, £760 profit on williams win, better to trade the bet then to just it cash out

There is no straight forward answer to this one, depending on the event being bet on, and each to their own. I think maybe it might be better, in the event of the " green-up opportunity " to get your stake back and let the profit run for a while in the hope of a better cash out. Not necessarily a clear even cash out.  A cash out that favours the win perhaps. But right now I'm all for hitting the cash out tab, levelling it up, as near as one can, then taking it and running.

Will see how it goes for now.

Report ericster July 17, 2018 7:45 AM BST

Jul 16, 2018 -- 11:43PM, pumphol. wrote:

Everyone wants to win however surely rule number one is not to lose.

Absolutely.

Report ericster July 17, 2018 7:48 AM BST
pumphol,

many years ago, someone in here said to me, might even have BEEN you, " it's not about winning, it's about not losing." I've never forgotten those words.
Report pumphol. July 17, 2018 10:13 AM BST
Been here a long time Eric & yes its something I have said a few times in here so it may well have been me.

May the betting gods be with you Happy
Report ericster July 17, 2018 10:25 AM BST

Jul 17, 2018 -- 10:13AM, pumphol. wrote:

Been here a long time Eric & yes its something I have said a few times in here so it may well have been me.May the betting gods be with you

You to pumphol.

Report trebor July 17, 2018 11:08 AM BST
Number one rule of trading, never ever "hit the cash out tab" on any betting site.

If greening up is the correct option then if you had been the layer of the bet and able to get out for a £300 loss is that also the correct option, would you have done it?

What if the bet had been for £5 rather than £200. would that change anything? it should not make any difference, but suspect that it might.

What if at the same point in the game you could have only taken a £200 profit instead of the £300 profit, would that have been good enough to take? or do the odds not matter, a profit is a profit??
Report ericster July 17, 2018 11:29 AM BST
Good points there trebor.
Right now I'm barely out of two-quidding but yes the stake, especially in a poor mkt, would make a difference. I Would, I think,  prioritise getting my stake back and set a time limit on getting matched for the rest? Leave poor mkts alone altogether? But I do okay with them, at the moment.

As for profit amount.
I have some idea, and expectation I suppose, of how the mkt is going to react if/when an event seems to be going my way. Having said that, I don't like to linger. I'll take what I can and run. If/when I find that what I'm doing isn't worth it, well? It'll be back to the drawing board I suppose.

But right now, I'm doing okay,and , more to the point, I like doing what I'm doing. And I allow myself to dream.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now