Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FrankFarmer
28 Mar 18 10:54
| Topic/replies: 3 | Blogger: FrankFarmer's blog
I am looking for suggestion for a trigger betting solution for my needs.  There seems to be a range of off-the-shelf options.  However, I am not sure if they are well suited to what I wish to do. 

I have a few tipsters I follow.  I wish to load the horse racing selections for that day in a platform, set the staking (proportional betting to profit a set amount).  Set min and max price - ability to set the time before jump and most importantly, an intelligent bet placement process to drip the money in (if betting to profit a few thousand for example) with some flexibility.

Ideally the platform would also keep the results of the tipsters but this isn't a priority (I could do this manually if need be).

Are my options to go with one of the off-the-shelf solutions (if so, which one would be suitable), or would forum users suggest I have an Excel trigger program developed?

Thanks for any insight as, while I am not knew to wagering, I am to trigger betting.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Trigger Betting Help
Show More
Report stu March 29, 2018 12:07 PM BST
Sounds like something programming wise? There's plenty automation for trading out there, but not sure if that's what you're after.
Report stu March 29, 2018 12:08 PM BST
Basically, if it's not simply trading you'd have to program it yourself I'd have thought.
Report mouse muldoon March 29, 2018 12:46 PM BST
=IF(AND(S5>1.99,BFWin!AO$450.8,Q$2
Report mouse muldoon March 29, 2018 12:47 PM BST
FAIL
Report aye robot March 29, 2018 1:22 PM BST
Your best option would probably be to use excel along with one of the off the shelf 'trading' packages like Gruss BA or Bet Angel.

If you're willing to tinker then you could do the excel bit yourself and that would probably be the best option.

If you don't want to do it yourself then you can probably find someone to do it for you - but don't expect it to be really straight forward, there are lots of little snags and pitfalls to deal with. The extent of the job will depend on what level of interface you're looking for.

The main problem is that you're likely to have a trouble finding someone good to work on it - most of the good people have their own things to do.
Report pablo-fanque March 29, 2018 5:44 PM BST
bfbotmanager will do all you require but i am unsure about the drip feed bit. email them and ask what the best way to do it is.

if it doesn't , you may just have to set up duplicate strategies and set different times to place the bets at .

you'll want the V3 version to do this

please don't take my word for it frank. email them first to see if it will be of use to you before you buy it
Report FrankFarmer April 5, 2018 2:07 PM BST
Appreciate all the feedback and thoughts
Report dave1357 April 6, 2018 5:34 PM BST
gruss with excel would do that

I have done similar using the standard gruss excel sheet and as a trigger

=IF($E$2="Not In Play", IF(A5="horse",IF(H5>2.99,IF(H5
Report dave1357 April 6, 2018 5:36 PM BST
fack obv forum doesn't like excelspeak
Report dave1357 April 6, 2018 5:36 PM BST
presumably thinks "less than" is script
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now