Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the whizz kids
04 Mar 18 05:33
| Topic/replies: 2,029 | Blogger: the whizz kids's blog
http://bookie.exchange/

Any views????
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Another new exchange coming to town
Show More
Report Latalomne March 4, 2018 12:41 PM GMT
Bitcoin.....  Depends on your views on that, I guess!
Report romfordiron March 4, 2018 4:41 PM GMT
I thought about putting some money into a bitcoin betting exchange a couple of years ago. However, when I looked at the volatility of bitcoin itself, I realised it's completely unusable as an exchange.

The profits and losses you'll yield in terms of winning and losing on the exchange are dwarfed by the swings in the value of the crypto-currency. Until a crypto-currency emerges into a level of sustained stability, you're just taking a punt on the value of your wallet on such an exchange.

For me, it's therefore completely unusable at current levels of volatility.
Report romfordiron March 4, 2018 4:41 PM GMT
I thought about putting some money into a bitcoin betting exchange a couple of years ago. However, when I looked at the volatility of bitcoin itself, I realised it's completely unusable as an exchange.

The profits and losses you'll yield in terms of winning and losing on the exchange are dwarfed by the swings in the value of the crypto-currency. Until a crypto-currency emerges into a level of sustained stability, you're just taking a punt on the value of your wallet on such an exchange.

For me, it's therefore completely unusable at current levels of volatility.
Report pmbets March 11, 2018 11:30 PM GMT
I think it's worth keeping an eye on.Maybe if they use a basket of crypto currencies against your £ than this might work as it could iron out the day to day volatility of a single currency like Bitcoin.
I agree with the the above post that it will be hard at first for this company as they will only accept bitcoin,so I agree it will not work initially.
The idea is great and long term it looks like a winner to me.
Remember  most  tech co. that became big looked to be heading for the exit initially until they solved some of the early problems them momentum
pushed them skyward.
Like I say it looks a winner but not just yet.One to keep a very close eye on.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now