Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
THEMONEYSHOT
07 Feb 18 10:33
| Topic/replies: 809 | Blogger: THEMONEYSHOT's blog
Had this beauty from the Betfair 'online support centre':

Dear High Roller,

Whenever funds are deposited or withdrawn into your Betfair account via e-wallets such as Paypal, Betfair incurs a charge which is not passed on to the customer.  In order to discourage customers making a large number of successive deposits and withdrawals, only the first withdrawal made via an e-wallet in any given week (00:00 Monday to 23:59 Sunday GMT) will be processed free of charge. Subsequent withdrawals will incur a charge equal to 1.5% of the amount withdrawn.

Having monitored your deposit and withdrawal activity in the past few weeks, we have noticed that it has continued to cost Betfair more money than your activity generatesLaughLaughLaugh. From 12th February 2018 your account will become subject to the e-wallet charge and only the first withdrawal made via e-wallets (PayPal, MoneyBookers, Neteller, Web money etc.) in any given week (00:00 Monday to 23:59 Sunday GMT) will be processed free of charge. The first withdrawal includes all consecutive withdrawals within half an hour of the first transaction being processed.

As stated this charge applies to all e-wallet payment methods. Should you wish to look into non e-wallet payment methods, a comprehensive list can be found on the Deposit pages within the My Account section of the website.

Regards,

Betfair Pricing

Pay-Pal is my preferred payment method for a multitude of reasons but didn't use it previously on Betfair due to the surcharge which has now been removed. After the new rules implemented in January 2018:

"The new rules, which will be laid down in law, will mean ALL surcharges are banned. So there will be no charges for paying by debit or credit card, including American Express and linked ways of paying such as PayPal or Apple Pay."

can Betfair legally enforce this punitive ruling ? It appears they will only charge for withdrawals rather than deposits (payments) maybe this is their way around the ruling.

Thoughts ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Anybody else had this E-mail re:...
Show More
Report PeteTheBloke February 9, 2018 6:41 PM GMT
I think fair's fair - just save your withdrawals up and take one a week. Some people only
get paid once a month. And who wants to pay extra to Paypal? Even indirectly.
Report Jazza April 23, 2018 10:27 PM BST
Yep, got the same mail.
Report detraveller April 30, 2018 12:01 AM BST
Fook me they removed paypal from my account altogether a year and a half back. I thought that was for everyone Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now